Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:34:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 183 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XEL] :: XEL - The Decentralized Supercomputer ::  (Read 253382 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mr.coinzy

Activity: 500
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 03:59:43 PM

Is there any news accordingly from markets? If bittrex will add xel it will be great. Even on forum there is buy orders around 10k which is great

make a request to add XEL to polo here;

https://www.poloniex.com/coinRequest

I suggest to supply all needed info/links for this to make it easier for people to fill it correctly in the polo request form.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 04:05:21 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2017, 09:32:16 AM by xtester

Awesome work, guys!  Cool

An important day for Elastic.

There will be some noise the following days, wind finally blowing in the sails.

Just keep calm and stay on course. This is a big project, don't lose too much time on the price now; if we execute right, it could go beyond your wildest dreams. So don't make the mistake to to sell yourself cheap. You've probably read the story of the guy who bought bitcoin at 1$ and sold it at 10$. Don't be that guy.

Focus on the important things: brilliant devs, real product, great community, years of hard work put into it.

And remember, this is only the beginning. Only day 1. There's a tremendous potential to what this project can become.

Ever wondered what it would have been like to discover bitcoin very early on, well, take good look at Elastic.

See you on the other side  Wink

P.S. Special thanks goes to Evil-Knievel, coralreefer, unvoid and by rallier. Make sure to post your addresses.

klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2017, 04:07:26 PM

Is there any news accordingly from markets? If bittrex will add xel it will be great. Even on forum there is buy orders around 10k which is great

make a request to add XEL to polo here;

I suggest to supply all needed info/links for this to make it easier for people to fill it correctly in the polo request form.

For those who want to submit request add coin to polo;

What is the name of the coin?
Elastic

What is the coin's symbol?
XEL

Please link to the announcement page
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1957064.0

If the coin has a website, please link it here.
http://elastic.pw/

If the coin has a block explorer, please link it here.
http://elasticexplorer.org/

Please explain why you would like to see this coin added to the exchange.
Elastic is an open-source project that aims to build the first decentralized supercomputer. Elastic has been developed over the last year or so and provides the infrastructure for a decentralized and distributed super computer, designed to carry out arbitrary tasks over the internet. In  this  context,  Elastic is  powered by a crypto currency (XEL) and provides a market-based mechanism to buy  and  sell computational  resources. Those  who need  computational  resources,  model  their  problem using Elastic’s programming language (Elastic PL) and broadcast it on the network, along with a certain amount of XEL coins. The Elastic miners are then motivated to offer their computational resources in exchange for a portion of those XEL coins.

If this coin has any significant innovations over other coins, please elaborate on them here.
working system unlike other similar coins such as golem

for the last two questions you can use your own answers  Wink

aleksand
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 04:15:23 PM

So more and more promotion coming as I see https://twitter.com/notsofast/status/876065289515003904
xtester

Activity: 840

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 04:21:54 PM

And by the way, exchanges are quite good. They bring the attention this project deserves.

They also allow new people to join. Expect the next few days to be about that, it's quite natural.

But in the meantime, beside trying to list elastic on exchanges(which is important), let's use the time to get organized and push forward on the technical aspects and development.

Our main priority should be to reward the people who have put a great effort into Elastic until now, and help incentivize a strong dev team, along with good marketing and management forward.
dumple

Activity: 170
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 04:23:16 PM

And by the way, exchanges are quite good. They bring the attention this project deserves.

They also allow new people to join. Expect the next few days to be about that, it's quite natural.

But in the meantime, beside trying to list elastic on exchanges(which is important), let's use the time to get organized and push forward on the technical aspects and development.

Our main priority should be to reward the people who have put a great effort into Elastic until now, and help incentivize a strong dev team, along with good marketing and management forward.

We can also get listed on coinmarketcap once on an exchange, which is where a lot of people learn about coins.

demofx

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 04:24:36 PM

This project seems interesting. I'm wanting to buy OTC. PM me with offers..
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2017, 04:25:27 PM

This project seems interesting. I'm wanting to buy OTC. PM me with offers..

there is an OTC buying thread here;

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1804795
clivemy

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 04:27:19 PM

Let's not forget those who have put the time and the effort into this project.

EK needs a new car, by rallier is getting married next month, coralreefer and unvoid have bills, hopes, dreams and desires.

We need to set up a foundation to make sure that these guys (and others that have contributed) get the just rewards for their past efforts and (hopefully) for their future efforts.

We've been a great community so far, let's make sure we carry that on into the future.

Congratulations and thanks to such a great team!  :-)

PGPpfKkx

Activity: 586
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 04:52:22 PM

to the guys responsible for the website: can you please change the testnet wording?
unvoid

Activity: 535

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 04:53:33 PM

Elastic (XEL) Litewallet Launched

BTC: 1CMgHWx4wkAaAy2FfeCyPdedUExmhGhfi5
XEL: XEL-HCM8-KB6E-YFLK-8BWMF
HomoHenning

Activity: 784

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 04:55:15 PM

well done unvoid. thanks for your efforts to launch it!
bspus
Legendary

Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 04:57:05 PM

Despite the open differences between the groups that wanted the light wallet and those that didn't, there is no doubt that this day is a milestone.

Let's hope it will be remembered as one that pushed the coin forward, by attracting good attention and more development instead of turning it into yet another p&d.

I'm confident it will be the former.

HmmMAA

Activity: 1111
Merit: 584

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 05:12:09 PM

Well done to all , especially devs and all the team that helping to make Elastic come true . I will be at home later this evening to setup my node and hopefully setup some others . 

"It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong." Thomas Sowell
hitchcoin

Activity: 326
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 05:13:41 PM

WTB around 10 BTC worth of XEL. Please PM me.

thanks in advance
josegines

Activity: 814
Merit: 531

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 05:15:55 PM

WTB around 10 BTC worth of XEL. Please PM me.

thanks in advance
OTC - Buy and Sell Elastic Coin Thread (XEL) - Always use escrow
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1804795.160
Elastic (XEL) Price Speculation 06/17/2017
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1589333.360

QUBIC: a quorum-based computations protocol.- by Come-from-Beyond
What is Qubic?
Coinmarketcap(Qubic) Coingecko(Qubic)
thegreatestpotato

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 05:17:18 PM

Congratulations Everyone!

Another big milestone achieved!

Thank you to all the contributors!

Following is the first draft for rules regarding the Bounty program that I plan to start from Monday.

This is just a draft and I would love any kind of feedback coming from the community.

I will finalise the rules by tomorrow after I get some feedback from the community. We will start the campaign from Monday.
I have allocated 7K XEL from my holdings for this. We could have a better, more rewarding, and longer running  Bounty program of someone else joins in and contributes some XEL. I will wait till tomorrow to see if someone wants to contribute some.

Draft:

Twitter Campaign:
Max XEL Allocated: 3000
Duration of the campaign: 15 days

Each tweet gets 0.5 XEL.
If a tweet gets more than 50 Retweets / 100 Likes, gets another 0.5 XEL for it.
Account must have a min of 1000 followers.
Retweets dont count as a tweet.
A maximum of 300 tweets per day will be considered. Any submission done after that on the same day wont be considered.
A maximum of 2 tweet allowed per account per day.
Links to Blog posts related to XEL will be considered.
The tweet, along with some relevant text, must contain at least 2 hashtags from the following: #XEL, #Elastic, #TheOnlyDencentralizedSuperComputer, #FirstRealDecentralizedSuperComputer, #ElasticCommunity, #ElasticProject
Tweets that are irrelevant, or those which do not seem to be in the best interests of the community or the Project itself, will be discarded.
A max of 3000 XEL are allocated for the campaign, which will be given on first come fist serve basis, if they are compliant to the rules stated above.
Submit the links to your tweets here : link here

Blog Posts:
Max XEL Allocated: 2000

Each blog post will get 100 XEL
A blog post, on reputed forums, blogging sites, content-sharing sites, etc will be considered if it has a minimum of 1500 Words.
Copy-pasted blog posts will be discarded.
The best 3 blog posts (decided by me and some members from the Elastic BTT community), will get an additional 100 XEL Each.
Articles that seem very close to an already submitted article, will be discarded.
All Blog posts should be in English and should be easy to understand.
A max of 2000 XEL are allocated for the campaign, which will be given on first come fist serve basis, if they are compliant to the rules stated above.
Submit the links to your blog posts here : link here

Use Cases for Elastic (Coded in ElasticPL):
This is interesting stuff.
This is a contest!

All use cases submitted should have a easy to understand, text based description about what it does along with its implementation in ElasticPL.
This purpose of this contest is to demonstrate the usability of elastic.
The best use case (#1) will recieve 500 XEL.
The next 4 best use cases will recieve 250 XEL Each.
The next 5 Best Use cases recieve 100 XEL Each.
People will vote/like the use cases on the discussion topic on elasticExplorer.
A max of 2000 XEL are allocated for the campaign, which will be given on first come fist serve basis, if they are compliant to the rules stated above.

P.S. This is a draft. Final rules by tomorrow. Smiley

Thank you!
teletobi

Activity: 734

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 05:22:21 PM

I'll give another 500 XEL for the Blogposts and 500 XEL for the Usecases.

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
TheCrimsonFucker

Activity: 617
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 05:24:57 PM

Amazing, after a long period, finally this project is active! Does anyone know when bittrex will add Elastic? Unfortunately it's not possible to get Elastic for free! I'm anxious! Cheesy
HmmMAA

Activity: 1111
Merit: 584

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 05:27:54 PM

Congratulations Everyone!

Another big milestone achieved!

Thank you to all the contributors!

Following is the first draft for rules regarding the Bounty program that I plan to start from Monday.

This is just a draft and I would love any kind of feedback coming from the community.

I will finalise the rules by tomorrow after I get some feedback from the community. We will start the campaign from Monday.
I have allocated 7K XEL from my holdings for this. We could have a better, more rewarding, and longer running  Bounty program of someone else joins in and contributes some XEL. I will wait till tomorrow to see if someone wants to contribute some.

Draft:

Twitter Campaign:
Max XEL Allocated: 3000

Each tweet gets 0.5 XEL.
If a tweet gets more than 50 Retweets / 100 Likes, gets another 0.5 XEL for it.
Account must have a min of 1000 followers.
Retweets dont count as a tweet.
A maximum of 300 tweets per day will be considered. Any submission done after that on the same day wont be considered.
A maximum of 2 tweet allowed per account per day.
Links to Blog posts related to XEL will be considered.
The tweet, along with some relevant text, must contain at least 2 hashtags from the following: #XEL, #Elastic, #TheOnlyDencentralizedSuperComputer, #FirstRealDecentralizedSuperComputer, #ElasticCommunity, #ElasticProject
Tweets that are irrelevant, or those which do not seem to be in the best interests of the community or the Project itself, will be discarded.
A max of 3000 XEL are allocated for the campaign, which will be given on first come fist serve basis, if they are compliant to the rules stated above.
Submit the links to your tweets here : link here

Blog Posts:

Each blog post will get 100 XEL
A blog post, on reputed forums, blogging sites, content-sharing sites, etc will be considered if it has a minimum of 1500 Words.
Copy-pasted blog posts will be discarded.
The best 3 blog posts (decided by me and some members from the Elastic BTT community), will get an additional 100 XEL Each.
Articles that seem very close to an already submitted article, will be discarded.
All Blog posts should be in English and should be easy to understand.

Use Cases for Elastic (Coded in ElasticPL):
This is interesting stuff.
This is a contest!

All use cases submitted should have a easy to understand, text based description about what it does along with its implementation in ElasticPL.
This purpose of this contest is to demonstrate the usability of elastic.
The best use case (#1) will recieve 500 XEL.
The next 4 best use cases will recieve 250 XEL Each.
The next 5 Best Use cases recieve 100 XEL Each.
People will vote/like the use cases on the discussion topic on elasticExplorer.

P.S. This is a draft. Final rules by tomorrow. Smiley

Thank you!

That's really kind of you . I would like to contribute to Elastic use cases contest with 1000 XEL's . I would also like to see an donation account for devs if they agree .

"It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong." Thomas Sowell
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 183 »
  Print  

Jump to: