Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 03:22:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
crashzilla

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 02:12:12 PM

With the new chip order secured.  How does that effect the people around the 20,000 chip count on the list?
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 02:22:21 PM

Ok. I will go and visit their office on wednesday or thursday. I'm suffering with kidney stones, but I will go and take pictures and video. I originally wanted to go in a couple of weeks to see them "in production". I'll go earlier to quell the mob and preserve my investment. I don't want to get negative, but please do not ride me. I am an ex-cop, martial arts instructor, and veteran forex currency invesment manager. I don't tell you this to puff myself up. I want you to understand who you are dealing with. I don't take well to being pushed by people and I stick by my word. Please be patient for a couple of days and I'll give you guys a report on what I find. One of the main reasons I am doing this, is because I don't want anyone to jeopardize my orders with TH. If I can sooth everyone's nerves and calm you down, maybe you will allow these guys to do what we have paid them to do. I know that they have not been as communicative as many would like. However, could you imagine how stressful it would be to deal with such a high maintenance client base?

When I was trading forex for a living, I used to tell clients not to invest money that they could not afford to lose. Some did not listen to me, and were calling me for updates every day, terrified and needing reassurance. It made me hate my job, and after 10 years, I decided to restrict trading to professional clients alone. This is a risk intensive market we are invested in. If you can't afford to lose the money you're putting into it, I would recommend staying with something safer. "You don't invest your rent money" is what I always used to say. Once again, I am not saying what to do one way or the other, but I am seeing this transaction through. If they come through with my boards in the general time frame promised, I will most likely buy more. Who knows, maybe they will start building BFL based boards in the future if our batches come through. So, please take a breath and wait until I report what I find. I have to restate that I am passing kidney stones. If I can't make it on wednesday due to pain, I will go on thursday for certain. I'll take pics and video. I give you my word. Try to not worry.
Nice, but don't make commitments or promises you cant keep please. We have enough of that already from Terrahash. Your intentions sound good and all, but its just fancy talk until you actually do it. And we/I don't really care to see your life's resume posted in here. It means nothing. We all could post our credentials if we wanted, but realize it serves no purpose and would double the size of this thread. Just do it and quit talking about it. And I'm real sorry about the kidney stones, I have them twice and was the most painful experience in my life! Tomorrows weds so will you go or just keep talking about it? Shit or get off the pot Smiley Thank you.

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
Bitoy

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 02:44:43 PM

Some good news from bkkcoins (Klondike supplier)

He is how using "4 chips hashing 1200 GH/s."  (I'm not sure if 1200 GH/s is correct.  I think it should be 1200 MH?)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=29155;sa=showPosts
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 02:52:57 PM

Some good news from bkkcoins (Klondike supplier)

He is how using "4 chips hashing 1200 GH/s."  (I'm not sure if 1200 GH/s is correct.  I think it should be 1200 MH?)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=29155;sa=showPosts

BKK has had this for a bit now..... TH still has not produced proof of anything.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 02:55:39 PM

With the new chip order secured.  How does that effect the people around the 20,000 chip count on the list?

Another junior member support.   I don't think anyone has seen proof they truly secured the chips.  They said they did..... but securing a early chip batch when they said they did is not easy unless they paid a premium to someone.

Again TH please prove me wrong.  I hope i am wrong.  I just am not a believer after by experience with them.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 03:05:36 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2013, 03:40:11 PM by Bitcoinorama

I just added these guys to bitcoinscammers.com  Anyone who got scammed I encourage you to protect other users with telling your story.  

You're a plum, and you've just discredited the entire purpose of your site by adding a company devoid of any proof of it really being a scam.

Your site also missing every other verified scam on this forum!?

You're about as knowledgable of scams as Bitcoin Megastore, and your site is about as attractive, purposeful and successful as his Megastore...

Hey mindless stupid fuck, still posting around here even though you have no clue about anything and can't smell a scam? What have you achieved
here so far? Nothing good. You may think your stupid posts have some value but they are waste of time, space and energy. You may think you are
helping this community but you are doing it massive damage due to the fact you are mindless stupid fuck mostly luring people into scams. Let's see,
how many scams have you labeled as such? None. Are you selling something that benefits Bitcoin or offer some services for bitcoins? No. Are you
contributing to Bitcoin by accepting some jobs for bitcoins, maybe? No.

To sum it up, this community and Bitcoin would be better without you.

Bitcoin Megastore is massively successful business given all the issues it has (no BTC payment as major one) and level of retardation around here.

Roll Eyes

Riiight, seeing as my posting history here starts with me calling out Asic-rigs.com and Cedartec.net that pretty much invalidates the majority of the above post as it's provable by looking at my posting history.

It's not for me to say for sure whether anyone found the fact I paid for a ticket to Stockholm out of my own pocket and wrote an amusing piece on a little adventure. It certainly helped me make a decision I'm yet to regret.

Terrahash blatantly has not set out to a scam unless they really intended deceive whilst undertaking masses of unnecessary admin and office hire, pcb production and provable purchase of Avalon chips. As well a meet people face to face and look them in the eye.

Your posting history just details a total loon that calls absolutely everything a scam.

Your site speaks for itself.

And no one here has any trust awarded since the function was added a month ago and applies to sales made between members within the forum and subsequent feedback given. Go look to JohnK for positive trust feedback as he serves most escrow taking place here. But it's cool it's just another detail you have yet to read up and educate yourself about...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
crashzilla

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 03:47:40 PM

I am not showing support either way.  Just a question about delivery.  will they first batch include 20K chips or 40k chips?

With the new chip order secured.  How does that effect the people around the 20,000 chip count on the list?

Another junior member support.   I don't think anyone has seen proof they truly secured the chips.  They said they did..... but securing a early chip batch when they said they did is not easy unless they paid a premium to someone.

Again TH please prove me wrong.  I hope i am wrong.  I just am not a believer after by experience with them.
oaxaca

Activity: 671

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 03:55:34 PM

Right now just on one side, U5,6,7,8 at 300MHz. With steamboats black heat sink and a fan the heat sink runs 37C (on that corner, barely warm to touch) in 32 ambient.

2 things Terrahash is waiting for:

Avalon to deliver the chips, and
BKKCoins to finalize design.

Looks like the design is getting very close.  300Mh per chip and barely warm.   Looks like those 18Gh boards are more like 19.2Gh now.
AtomSea

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

So sexy, it hurts.

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 04:57:14 PM

In the spirit of honest reporting, I am going to report my Terrahash experience to date:
I purchased one 18g/h machine on June 20th and was debating buying more.
That next morning I decided to make a call.
My phone call was taken and my questions regarding ship dates, chip purchases, board manufacturing and overall warranty were all answered with patience and due diligence.
The professional manner in which I was treated led me to purchase one more 18g/h machine and a 4.5 g/h machine.
I have also emailed additional questions that was answered in the form of blogs and postings via Terrahash.
If reporting this makes me a "brown-noser" or some other name-inducing comment, so be it. I am simply reporting my experience, and my response to said experience, in order for the community to make informed decisions regarding Terrahash.
I would rate my experience with Terrahash to date as good.
Peace.
Bitcoin Scammer

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 05:07:45 PM

Lol can't please everyone. I will tell you this, just because I add them to the site doesn't make them scammers. It is up to users to post their opinions.  For the love of BTC make a better site that people can drop their two cents in and not get ridiculed for coming forward with their story. I'm going to continue running bitcoinscammers.com for free for the community until someone stops complaining and makes something better that I DON'T need to be a part of.  This complaining is all old news see this thread  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=222519.msg2684139#msg2684139 for further information. AS SHOCKING AS IT IS MOST SCAMMERS DON'T LIKE BITCOINSCAMMERS.com (Shocking, Right?)

DON'T GET SCAMMED, CHECK FIRST = Bitcoinscammers.com
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 05:18:12 PM

In the spirit of honest reporting, I am going to report my Terrahash experience to date:
My phone call was taken and my questions regarding ship dates, chip purchases, board manufacturing and overall warranty were all answered with patience and due diligence.
The professional manner in which I was treated led me to purchase one more 18g/h machine and a 4.5 g/h machine.
I have also emailed additional questions that was answered in the form of blogs and postings via Terrahash.
If reporting this makes me a "brown-noser" or some other name-inducing comment, so be it. I am simply reporting my experience, and my response to said experience, in order for the community to make informed decisions regarding Terrahash.
Peace.
Well that's lovely....call em today and ask them where are promised video/pic of a hashing board is then! and for those requesting a refund, ask them why they are not honoring those request promptly? ok, get on it! Please report back with more lovely news to share with us......
Peace

photon

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 05:20:14 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2013, 09:44:37 PM by photon

I read somewhere that Terrahash promised to post some photos and a video of their test board successfully hashing and that these were to be uploaded last Sunday. But I did a quick search and can't find the pics or video anywhere.

Did they post these in a different thread? I'm also on their mailing list, but haven't received anything on this. I'm trying to keep up on TH developments, but haven't been able to read every single post in this thread.

Can someone post the links for the pics/video of the test board?

--EDIT--
Nevermind. I see now that they never uploaded a photo and video.
massnerder

Activity: 308

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 05:31:29 PM

Just give them time, regardless of their own timelines, yes everyone agrees it is shitty for a company to make a promise and then be late on said promise (Note I didn't say break). But understand that them posting a video up won't get your boards any quicker.

THE ONLY TIMELINE THAT MATTERS IS THE TWO WEEK TIMELINE FROM WHEN THEY RECEIVE THE CHIPS TO DELIVERY.

You are absolutely right, good point.  But should I keep my order hoping they will stick to the only timeline that matters, even if they haven't stuck to any of the other ones that admittedly don't matter as much?  I don't know how to answer that at this point.  Hoping TH will show us something that pulls people back off the fence.  We all want to see them succeed, but nobody wants to be on a perpetual waiting list.
darkfriend77

Activity: 434
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 06:09:15 PM

still waiting on the promised video ... this thread has its own "popcorn charm value"  ....

the most interesting part in the TH promise beside the video is the acquisition of

two additional early-may Avalon ASIC pre-orders

-:| www.DOTMog.com |:-
zurg

Activity: 826

Crypto Investor ;) @ Farmed Account Hunter

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 06:18:58 PM

Interestingly I was reading something on Twitter and ran across some piece of somebody saying that Avalon will start shipping tomorrow..  don't believe it till I see it., but maybe.., just maybe, lol.
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 06:25:58 PM

Just give them time, regardless of their own timelines, yes everyone agrees it is shitty for a company to make a promise and then be late on said promise (Note I didn't say break). But understand that them posting a video up won't get your boards any quicker.

THE ONLY TIMELINE THAT MATTERS IS THE TWO WEEK TIMELINE FROM WHEN THEY RECEIVE THE CHIPS TO DELIVERY.

You are absolutely right, good point.  But should I keep my order hoping they will stick to the only timeline that matters, even if they haven't stuck to any of the other ones that admittedly don't matter as much?  I don't know how to answer that at this point.  Hoping TH will show us something that pulls people back off the fence.  We all want to see them succeed, but nobody wants to be on a perpetual waiting list.

Apparently, their Timeline is a tactic, DELAY DELAY throw the dogs a bone here and there, until after Paypal releases the funds,,, then after that they own us and we are 100% at their mercy..... its becoming pretty clear

AtomSea

So sexy, it hurts.

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 06:26:21 PM

Peace.
Well that's lovely....call em today and ask them where are promised video/pic of a hashing board is then! and for those requesting a refund, ask them why they are not honoring those request promptly? ok, get on it! Please report back with more lovely news to share with us......
Peace

Your points are valid, however your tone is rude.
I am merely sharing my experience to date.
If people sharing there experiences is going to be met with derision and mockery you will find that this thread will devolve into a troll box with little accomplished.
The issues you bring up are things that need to be done, but hitting me with your attitude isn't necessary.
Peace, Love AND Hugz.
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 06:26:54 PM

Interestingly I was reading something on Twitter and ran across some piece of somebody saying that Avalon will start shipping tomorrow..  don't believe it till I see it., but maybe.., just maybe, lol.
Ya maybe Zurg...lol

MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 06:29:51 PM

Peace.
Peace

If people sharing there experiences is going to be met with derision and mockery you will find that this thread will devolve into a troll box with little accomplished.
The issues you bring up are things that need to be done, but hitting me with your attitude isn't necessary.
Peace, Love AND Hugz.

Ok, well this thread is already there,,,,and whats rude is Terrahash...YOU decided to inject your 2 cents,,,so welcome aboard,,,,and I'm serious about you calling them again. Sorry if I sounded rude, but get use to it if your going to hang in here. Smiley

AtomSea

So sexy, it hurts.

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 06:42:39 PM

Peace.
Peace

Peace, Love AND Hugz.

Ok, well this thread is already there,,,,and whats rude is Terrahash...YOU decided to inject your 2 cents,,,so welcome aboard,,,,and I'm serious about you calling them again. Sorry if I sounded rude, but get use to it if your going to hang in here. Smiley

No worries.
And thank you for the welcome Smiley
I am here to help - I will do what I can to make this overall project a success for everyone - if that includes a phone call at some date, allrightythen.
However, at this point, I am willing to wait on more information from them via blogs or postings, and let them work.

What will help right now is more info from customers that are willing to share their experiences Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: