Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:57:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
FUKT

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 03:10:00 PM

I have requested a refund for close to 30k of hardware from Terrahash, I urge everyone to do the same.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 03:12:29 PM

FUD to distract from the FUD

FUDception

You keep holding onto the dream.. I'm out, gave them plenty of chances, but not waiting any more. Chargeback filed and will use the cash to buy ASICs for 50% of their original value approximately 1 month after they are received by the masses.

I'll keep tabs here, it'll be interesting to see you change your tune.

Don't worry about me, I've recently joined the 1%.

You believe Yifu?? Grin

Sadly I do believe him on the Gen 2 purely based on survival of his business.

That being said I wouldn't put money on it Tongue

Oh no, there will def be Gen 2, but once bitten and all that. You happy to trust him ever again? He's screwed so many people over.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 03:13:19 PM

I have requested a refund for close to 30k of hardware from Terrahash, I urge everyone to do the same.

Why? It's Bitsyncom at fault, not Terrahash. Why do you want to ruin Terrahash, after they've been f*cked by Bitsyncom and Cloudhashing?

ak49er

Activity: 672

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 03:49:32 PM

So an interesting thing happened yesterday to another non-bitcoin related pre-order I made recently.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for shopping at Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us!

We wanted to inform you that we have not yet received inventory on your Wii U Infinity Starter Pack pre-order which was expected in-store on August 18th, 2013. We will send you a follow-up email once this item is available and ready for pickup.

If I've learned anything from this thread then I should be getting out my torch and pitch fork, calling my lawyer, filing a complaint with the FTC, and starting a riot.

hahahaha.

I post this just to illustrate that even non-startups have problems fulfilling pre-orders sometimes Smiley.
Have you demanded photographic evidence that they have in fact ordered the item?  Have you sent someone to visit their warehouse to see if they're legit?

massnerder

Activity: 308

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:04:19 PM

Why? It's Bitsyncom at fault, not Terrahash. Why do you want to ruin Terrahash, after they've been f*cked by Bitsyncom and Cloudhashing?

Who is at fault makes little difference.  Yes, TH has been screwed, and by extension we as customers are being screwed.  What if the chips don't arrive til October?  Should we all just allow ourselves to be screwed too, because it's not TH's fault?  Nobody here wants to see TH ruined, but nobody here wants to lose out on a delayed product either.

I am extremely disappointed at this point.  Our promised delivery date has passed, difficulty is soaring, and if the miners don't arrive in customer hands in less than a month we may never see them break even.  Even then, it is looking pretty bad....

I really do feel TH's pain here, because it truly is not their fault.  However, I am a customer, not an investor... and we are passed the promised delivery date.  Still, for right now I am (perhaps foolishly) optimistic.  It's a tough call, but BG raises a good point.  TH will likely mine with the hardware (since they paid less, they can still ROI where we can't) or sell them on ebay where suckers are still bidding up jalapenos to double - triple their original price.
angelus359

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 05:09:50 PM

terrahash never *promised* any date

they said upfront it'd be 2 weeks the chips came in, and placed the best estimate they had as a rough guess on when they'd come

I have 900$ on the line myself
ak49er

Activity: 672

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 06:09:30 PM

Who is at fault makes little difference.  Yes, TH has been screwed, and by extension we as customers are being screwed.  What if the chips don't arrive til October?  Should we all just allow ourselves to be screwed too, because it's not TH's fault?  Nobody here wants to see TH ruined, but nobody here wants to lose out on a delayed product either.

I am extremely disappointed at this point.  Our promised delivery date has passed, difficulty is soaring, and if the miners don't arrive in customer hands in less than a month we may never see them break even.  Even then, it is looking pretty bad....

I really do feel TH's pain here, because it truly is not their fault.  However, I am a customer, not an investor... and we are passed the promised delivery date.  Still, for right now I am (perhaps foolishly) optimistic.  It's a tough call, but BG raises a good point.  TH will likely mine with the hardware (since they paid less, they can still ROI where we can't) or sell them on ebay where suckers are still bidding up jalapenos to double - triple their original price.
It's the "urge everyone to do the same" that I think is uncalled for.  If you want to cancel then fine, go ahead and cancel.  No need to urge everyone else to do it, (not that they likely would).

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 06:10:33 PM

It's the "urge everyone to do the same" that I think is uncalled for.  If you want to cancel then fine, go ahead and cancel.  No need to urge everyone else to do it, (not that they likely would).

Agreed.

FUKT

Activity: 446

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 10:39:03 PM

Agreed.

Really, agreed? Wow that really adds to the dialogue, if this were a movie script I would edit you out (please return to KNC shill thread at once) . I urge everyone to do the same since the products they will (maybe) receive are now defunct,.
kkooks

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 02:40:37 AM

Terrahash, please give us an update on the following items. It has been a week since you told us where you stood on the below matters.

Production Readiness

1. PSUs (Pending, Lead time unverified but off the shelf item 3 Days ETA from order. Total inventory investment negligible but Terrahash has not committed to purchase)
2. Cases (Pending, Lead time unverified, NOT off the shelf. DX Mini design not complete. Total inventory investment  negligible but Terrahash has not committed to purchase)
3. Heat Sinks (Pending, Lead time unverified,  NOT off the shelf. Design not complete. Total inventory investment  negligible but Terrahash has not committed to purchase)
4. PCB Boards (Pending, Lead time unverified. Not off the shelf. Total inventory investment  negligible but Terrahash has not committed to purchase)
5. Klondike 16 Hash rate still not reaching 4.5Ghash (despite sitting on hundreds of "sample" chips from Avalon-- so lack of chips to test is not an issue-- Is there a development issue we need to find help for you?)

Donate BTC: 1MLYhqB3kdeiAa291oPMWETMs6FPn8Bzzz
Bitcoin Scammer

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2013, 03:04:31 AM

Yeah shoot us an update on this ever growing worm hole please.  It would be nice to hear some updates instead of silence. 2nd I think there was a date of AUg 17th--  DOn't quote me on that I'm trying to find the thread.

DON'T GET SCAMMED, CHECK FIRST = Bitcoinscammers.com
knightlife999

Activity: 845
Merit: 1000

Whale Watchers and Pinnacle Brilliance founder

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 11:44:41 AM

FUKT,
Your orders were cancelled the first week after June 18th because of non-payment. As far as I can recall, you were trying to sell your positions in the order queue for a decent price. No one bought them, and TH cancelled your order numbers since no payment had been made. Did you have other orders that weren't listed on Cryptoin's database? If not, I don't think its fair to newer people here to make it sound like you have just decided to cancel 30k of your orders. Those orders never took place because there was no payment made.

Pinnacle, the only trading application you will ever need: https://pinnacle-brilliance.com/
Know The Future High/Lows Of Any Market: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762278.msg8592180#msg8592180
Best Exchange for trading Forex, Commodities, and Stocks with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/?r=3299
knightlife999

Activity: 845

Whale Watchers and Pinnacle Brilliance founder

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 11:47:27 AM

Terrahash, please give us an update on the following items. It has been a week since you told us where you stood on the below matters.

Production Readiness

1. PSUs (Pending, Lead time unverified but off the shelf item 3 Days ETA from order. Total inventory investment negligible but Terrahash has not committed to purchase)
2. Cases (Pending, Lead time unverified, NOT off the shelf. DX Mini design not complete. Total inventory investment  negligible but Terrahash has not committed to purchase)
3. Heat Sinks (Pending, Lead time unverified,  NOT off the shelf. Design not complete. Total inventory investment  negligible but Terrahash has not committed to purchase)
4. PCB Boards (Pending, Lead time unverified. Not off the shelf. Total inventory investment  negligible but Terrahash has not committed to purchase)
5. Klondike 16 Hash rate still not reaching 4.5Ghash (despite sitting on hundreds of "sample" chips from Avalon-- so lack of chips to test is not an issue-- Is there a development issue we need to find help for you?)

One sample batch of 16 chips (mounted on a k16 board) and 2 sample batches of 32 chips (literally JUST received) does not constitute "hundreds" of chips kooks.

Pinnacle, the only trading application you will ever need: https://pinnacle-brilliance.com/
Know The Future High/Lows Of Any Market: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762278.msg8592180#msg8592180
Best Exchange for trading Forex, Commodities, and Stocks with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/?r=3299
fasmax

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 01:02:19 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2013, 02:46:19 PM by fasmax

Production Readiness

2. Cases (Pending, Lead time unverified, NOT off the shelf. DX Mini design not complete. Total inventory investment  negligible but Terrahash has not committed to purchase)
3. Heat Sinks (Pending, Lead time unverified,  NOT off the shelf. Design not complete. Total inventory investment  negligible but Terrahash has not committed to purchase)
4. PCB Boards (Pending, Lead time unverified. Not off the shelf. Total inventory investment  negligible but Terrahash has not committed to purchase)

One sample batch of 16 chips (mounted on a k16 board) and 2 sample batches of 32 chips (literally JUST received) does not constitute "hundreds" of chips kooks.
It's not hundreds but it's enough to fully populate another K16 so that the new PCB can be tested .
Seems like it would be a good idea to test the revised board before TH say everything is ready and were just waiting for chips.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 02:30:32 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2013, 03:36:03 PM by Bitcoinorama

Who is at fault makes little difference.  Yes, TH has been screwed, and by extension we as customers are being screwed.  What if the chips don't arrive til October?  Should we all just allow ourselves to be screwed too, because it's not TH's fault?  Nobody here wants to see TH ruined, but nobody here wants to lose out on a delayed product either.

I really do feel TH's pain here, because it truly is not their fault.  However, I am a customer, not an investor... and we are passed the promised delivery date.  Still, for right now I am (perhaps foolishly) optimistic.  It's a tough call, but BG raises a good point.  TH will likely mine with the hardware (since they paid less, they can still ROI where we can't) or sell them on ebay where suckers are still bidding up jalapenos to double - triple their original price.
It's the "urge everyone to do the same" that I think is uncalled for.  If you want to cancel then fine, go ahead and cancel.  No need to urge everyone else to do it, (not that they likely would).

Agreed.

Really, agreed? Wow that really adds to the dialogue, if this were a movie script I would edit you out (please return to KNC shill thread at once) . I urge everyone to do the same since the products they will (maybe) receive are now defunct,.

Don't be a cock. If I was a shill, why would I be here? Oh wait, i'm not, your flippant little comment stems from the fact I disagree with your poorly thought out rant. If I speak in, or out, of a KnC thread to some insignificant nobodies I'm a shill as, and when, they are resentful enough, and selectively see fit.

I've always supported Terrahash as they accepted Paypal, and thus accountability, giving miners adequate protection and a fair deal risk wise, for having the inconvenience of having their funds tied up. It's precisely why you were entitled to a refund, moron. As such crying for a stamped on refunds, it's clearly an irresponsible, and very immature thing to do.

It makes no difference to your own choice, you just want to see individuals who chose to support the community and DIY efforts suffer, and Terrahash's founders bankrupt, because why? The main supplier who you all put upmost faith in, Bitsyncom, completely unpredictably f**ked you and the community over for their own gain.

Bitsyncom are now claiming to ship. Some may want to wait it out and it's their choice. But grow a pair and stop blaming Terrahash, or accusing me of being a shill when your frustrated little mind cannot assume the responsibility for making it's own choice of freewill...

kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 03:29:55 PM

I'm still not convinced that Terrahash purchases are a sure loser assuming they ship in the next four weeks so folks need to stop freaking out and put things in perspective.

For example, if you bought a K64, and overclock each chip to 350 MHz, you're looking at ~$40 / GHs. For comparison purposes, I don't see anything that can be ordered right now and will ship in September for that price.

KncMiner purchasers can expect an optimistic October delivery. BitFury purchasers are also looking at an October delivery. AsicMiner products are still priced at around $100 / GHs. Who knows when CoinTerra and Hashfast will deliver. New BFL orders are looking at a 2014 delivery date... :-)

It's very unfortunate, but with the exception of AsicMiner and they more than make up for it with the price they charge, almost all ASIC pre-orders are delivered late.

I assume that Terrahash also has some leeway to ease the late delivery and stop mass refund requests by either offering buyers more a higher hashrate than they purchased, a discount on future orders, or offering free overnight shipping.

Terrahash can build 156 K64s out of a 10k chip order, which will bring in at over $140k not counting folks who also purchased complete miners with cases (those should have higher margins). So, we can assume that Terrahash spent less than half of what they brought in on Avalon chips, so they certainly have room to sweeten the deal a bit for the delivery delay...
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 03:37:51 PM

I'm still not convinced that Terrahash purchases are a sure loser assuming they ship in the next four weeks so folks need to stop freaking out and put things in perspective.

For example, if you bought a K64, and overclock each chip to 350 MHz, you're looking at ~$40 / GHs. For comparison purposes, I don't see anything that can be ordered right now and will ship in September for that price.

KncMiner purchasers can expect an optimistic October delivery. BitFury purchasers are also looking at an October delivery. AsicMiner products are still priced at around $100 / GHs. Who knows when CoinTerra and Hashfast will deliver. New BFL orders are looking at a 2014 delivery date... :-)

It's very unfortunate, but with the exception of AsicMiner and they more than make up for it with the price they charge, almost all ASIC pre-orders are delivered late.

I assume that Terrahash also has some leeway to ease the late delivery and stop mass refund requests by either offering buyers more a higher hashrate than they purchased, a discount on future orders, or offering free overnight shipping.

Terrahash can build 156 K64s out of a 10k chip order, which will bring in at over $140k not counting folks who also purchased complete miners with cases (those should have higher margins). So, we can assume that Terrahash spent less than half of what they brought in on Avalon chips, so they certainly have room to sweeten the deal a bit for the delivery delay...

Bear in mind they also have the cost of overheads growing day, by day, whilst they wait needlessly. Not huge in the scheme of things, but significant enough to take into account.

kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 04:32:32 PM

Bear in mind they also have the cost of overheads growing day, by day, whilst they wait needlessly. Not huge in the scheme of things, but significant enough to take into account.

Good point, and also bear in mind that KncMiner, HashFast, and CoinTerra have not even demonstrated a hashing Asic chip yet, so keep that in mind when looking at their promised delivery dates...
justmyname

Activity: 389

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 06:20:16 PM

FUKT,
Your orders were cancelled the first week after June 18th because of non-payment. As far as I can recall, you were trying to sell your positions in the order queue for a decent price. No one bought them, and TH cancelled your order numbers since no payment had been made. Did you have other orders that weren't listed on Cryptoin's database? If not, I don't think its fair to newer people here to make it sound like you have just decided to cancel 30k of your orders. Those orders never took place because there was no payment made.

According to this spread sheet list he cancelled long ago.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiyRS_8Y_814dGM0cU5KdFJTVlpWeG9LSDJKYnNmMkE#gid=5

So he either.

Changed his mind about a refund and is now changing back to refund.

Never paid.   Huh

He can't get a refund because he paid with another method besides PayPal CC.  Bitcoin would be the worst.

MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 10:08:46 PM
Last edit: August 19, 2013, 12:00:21 AM by MinermanNC

Doing a little research regarding the supposed 130k chips being shipped. Best i can tell from what i have found and read thus far, it appears there is a chance Terrahash could receive both of their first batches ordered on may 10th and 16th (20,000 chips?) in this shipment according to yifu's post. (which btw, he did log in today so he is still alive lol)

Terrahash quote: we ordered on May 10 and 16. In that case, our batch 2 orders will start shipping at most 2 weeks after the batch 1.

Ahead of TH is:
zephir with (6) April orders = 60,000
steamboat a may 1st and may11th orders = 20,000
SebastianJu a may 11th order = 10,000
EDIT UPDATE: ragingazn628' april 27th order =10,000

that accounts for 100,000 unreceived chips ordered in group buys,,at least from the source below. Im sure there may be others. Feel free to update this and double check Smiley Just killing time on a sunday afternoon....

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=277198.msg2959430#msg2959430

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177994.msg1960159#msg1960159

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
Pages: « 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: