Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:02:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
Bitcoin Scammer

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 11:25:53 PM

Great TerraTRASH update!!  I appreciate this and think we should all throw more money at this..

-Bitter as shit Consumer

DON'T GET SCAMMED, CHECK FIRST = Bitcoinscammers.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vinnigar

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 11:36:13 PM

I would be very interested to know if anyone has actually got a response to a support ticket at all in the last few weeks/months?

I used to get responses from them, untill they created this 'support ticket' nonsense!

I have asked a few important questions, not regarding refund and have not had a single reply to several attempts??!!

JakeTri

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 02:28:57 AM

lets just redirect our brain powers in pushing terrahash for answers...

Where are these overdue promised items:
1. Pictures of the DX Mini
2. Picture of a completed Klondike 16 w/ heat sink
3. Hashing rate reaching promised rate (not prototype.. i'd expect terrahash to have this down by now hopefully)
4. Invoice/POs of all components
5. Project timing for each step (project management style)

We will all rest better and be more willing to wait when we see those listed.

Otherwise, we feel like we need a refund. Simply because you've over promised and under delivered so far.
Time to rectify the Public Relations trajectory if you want repeat customers.

Terrahash, You dont have a product problem (crossing my fingers), you have a relationship problem with your customers.

We're back to this again? It's only been a few weeks and we're back to demanding proof of things??
We have seen their chip orders, seen them basically get endorsed by BKKcoins, seen them get their board hashing, seen their offices, and seen them take a regular part in the forum. Now you are saying you need to see POs for parts, finished boards (though the chips aren't here yet), and their project management plan? I think Terrahash has provided everything we need to see to know that they are legitimate. Do you need to see their credit card statements and home utility bills too? I'm with Joe on this, we just need to know when the chips arrive. That is all that matters. That is not something TH can control. Everyone is waiting for Yifu to send the chips. I would recommend reading this entire thread and spare us the fear mongering. This is the same garbage we see on other threads.... we need to see proof of.... you name it.

When I managed forex accounts I always told my clients "do not invest your rent". Don't invest money you can't afford to lose. But, I'll take it one step further, don't invest if you don't have the stomach for it. We all bought pre-orders, which the delivery of said pre-orders had multiple variables. Some of the variables are controlled by our seller, in this case TH. I think they have been working to hold up their end of things. The most important factor, chips, are not in their control. I don't think showing us a PO for pcbs and heatsinks is going to change our circumstances. You'll just demand to see something else next week. I personally verified that TH is legitimate and has the stated number of chips on order. They have contributed to BKK's work on the K16, which can be verified in his thread. I live a little over an hour from TH and have visited them twice. I do not see a need to go there now and check for boxes of heatsinks and pcbs. Even if I did, I'm sure some people would complain about something else and demand proof thereof. Read other threads and you'll see that everyone is upset about Avalon not sending the chips on time. Someone mentioned that only a small group of us are holding our orders? I'm sure the majority of people who ordered are holding their orders. Unless you spend 5-10x the original cost of a board or miner on ebay, you are waiting. Doesn't really matter who you buy from at this point. You could buy 100 asicminer usbs...

I want to note that TH told me that when they bought the 2 additional early May pre-orders (from an individual in the bay area) they did so at a premium. They wanted to make sure that there would be enough chips for all of us to be in the "first batch". I think they have done a lot to try to accommodate us and make sure that we all get what we paid for in a timely manner. Their money is tied up in paying for all of the parts that will complete our boards.

In some ways, I wish they would refund people asking for it, so we could buy your extra boards and be done with your complaining in this thread. nuff said.

Ya know, i appreciated that you went out there and took those videos and showed us the work in progress-klondike unit and I thought "wow! what a swell guy! we are lucky to have members in the community that will make this bitcoin work!". But now I am going through reading your pro-terrahash posts and talking down anyone who has ANY doubts whatsoever, I think I have to re-evaluate that initial misled thought.

I get it, you're not here to make friends.
And yes, I get it, Terrahash is at the mercy of Avalon
And no, I am not interested in arguing with you or trying to bestow the same kindness you've shown me or anyone with doubts and concerns about their orders.

BUT

What I AM interested in, is whether or not Terrahash has performed all the obligations to their customers (less avalon chips) to fulfill the orders.
I cannot fathom why anyone would not welcome this request for common courtesy that we, the customers, are entitled to.
(unless some units were furnished with sample chip shipments received to certain individuals for crowd control perhaps? Like the Nazis provided preferential treatment to certain selected jews to keep them marching into the gas chambers)

Let me put it this way, my gut tells me that terrahash do NOT have everything they need to mass produce our orders simply based on the inconsistencies of their stories, flip flopping, misleading statements, etc they have publicly displayed thus far.

So let me once again invite Terrahash to clear its name in the public forum once and for all.
If Terrahash cannot, please refund all monies owed immediately as you are no where near meeting your obligations EVEN IF Avalon delivers tomorrow.

Therefore Terrahash is breaking the basic premises (not force majeure in this case, like you have suggested) for which we, misled customers, have willingly taken the risk to provide funds and await patiently for months, interest free.

Do you realize there are over 50 components on the board? We did not order everything in one PO, or from one store. And some of the components are in a huge shortage, so we do not want to reveal our sources. POs, Invoices and receipts can be faked. However, our doors are open for anyone who wants to come audit our inventory of components that are already here. We would love to show them the emails/receipts from the heatsink manufacture (again we do not want to reveal our source). Same goes for the cases.

Pics of the DX mini design are coming up soon.

Terrahash, do you have any update on the pictures of the DX Mini design ?

BTC donations always welcome: 1JakeTriwbahMYp1rSfJbTn7Afd1w62p2q
AtomSea

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

So sexy, it hurts.

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 04:10:30 AM

There had been an uncomfortable silence from TerraHash. Being that we have a pretty serious investment made, my partner physically visited their office today.
I had been pretty concerned because I found a dark office with locked doors on my first trip. I guess thats what I get for showing up unannounced.

Regardless,  I'd like to share with everyone that Amir was at the office. My partner said that there were many more component boxes than the photo we had seen.  He said boxes were stacked from floor to ceiling lining the walls. Amir didn't appear nervous by any means. He felt that the chips should be arriving within 10 days based on other people's avalon arrival/order dates.

I just felt that it was important that people know that there are some physical humans there despite the silence.  Not everyone is close enough to conveniently drop in.

+1
atomicchaos

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 04:19:11 AM

I would be very interested to know if anyone has actually got a response to a support ticket at all in the last few weeks/months?

I used to get responses from them, untill they created this 'support ticket' nonsense!

I have asked a few important questions, not regarding refund and have not had a single reply to several attempts??!!

I've brought this up many times, I don't know of many that have gotten responses. I'd say any, but I'm sure when they first implemented, they must have answered some.

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 04:45:02 AM

Hello terrahash

I was just wonderring if you have made any progress on finding some earlier avalon chip shipments.

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
jc328

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 05:26:23 AM

There had been an uncomfortable silence from TerraHash. Being that we have a pretty serious investment made, my partner physically visited their office today.
I had been pretty concerned because I found a dark office with locked doors on my first trip. I guess thats what I get for showing up unannounced.

Regardless,  I'd like to share with everyone that Amir was at the office. My partner said that there were many more component boxes than the photo we had seen.  He said boxes were stacked from floor to ceiling lining the walls. Amir didn't appear nervous by any means. He felt that the chips should be arriving within 10 days based on other people's avalon arrival/order dates.

I just felt that it was important that people know that there are some physical humans there despite the silence.  Not everyone is close enough to conveniently drop in.

Out of curiosity, when did your friend visit the office?  I dropped by on Tuesday around 1pm and it was completely dark.  I grabbed a late lunch, and dropped by again around 3:30pm with the same result.  I did inform them I would drop by with a support ticket and email.   Just wanted to chat with them about my order.  I'll try again tomorrow.

You would think however, that with the chip delay however unfortunate, would create a deluge of time to respond to tickets, threads, etc.

-JC
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 09:23:32 AM
Last edit: August 22, 2013, 09:34:13 AM by notlist3d

Regardless,  I'd like to share with everyone that Amir was at the office. My partner said that there were many more component boxes than the photo we had seen.  He said boxes were stacked from floor to ceiling lining the walls. Amir didn't appear nervous by any means. He felt that the chips should be arriving within 10 days based on other people's avalon arrival/order dates.

I just felt that it was important that people know that there are some physical humans there despite the silence.  Not everyone is close enough to conveniently drop in.

Amir also was not nervous saying he had obtained extra early batch chips when they were super hot and everyone wanted in.  Of which he said he had proof he had purchased.  Then announces he has had some magic clause with his seller and was able to get out of the higher price....... wish he would have posted who was willing to promise TH early batch chips and get no payment, and be so generous on their conditions.  

I will bet that within 10 they DONT get chips.  Only thing i think they are trying to do is find a way to come out with some sort of smokescreen news and re-open preorders.  And even if they did get chips unless i missed something they have not even used their sample chips to make a current board that isn't throwing up big HW errors and hashing at expected rate.

What do they do currently when they are in the office?   Does he have some sweet game setups or huge tv to watch as not a whole lot gets done including announcements from TH anymore.  Some of us can remember at the first how much communication there was when preorders were open....
xyzpdq

Activity: 37

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 04:32:13 PM

http://thegenesisblock.com/800000-avalon-asic-bitcoin-mining-chips-expected-over-next-month/ Cry

It gets harder every day to see any positive/optimistic outcome from the chip fiasco.  I have been a little encouraged by the recent increase in BTC price, but unless it keeps climbing...

At this point is there any way for Terrahash to reject or sell the gen 1 chips from Avalon and find a batch of gen 2 chips from any other chip manufacturer?  Rather than get a miner that will barely crank out any BTC in 30+ days from now (best case scenario?), I would be OK waiting a few months to get a significantly faster chip, or even a reduced number of chips, or whatever will out perform what TH is currently expecting from Avalon.  TH needs to hold Avalon accountable and get chips yesterday, or get a refund, or get one of the first orders of a wicked fast gen 2 chip.

Terrahash, can you please communicate more with your customers via the forum or your support site?  Your silence is unnerving, and a bit rude considering all the trust/faith your customers have given Terrahash just on your word.  A lot of people chose to support Terrahash and allowed you (I believe by your own admission) to purchase hardware with the expectation of a mid August delivery.  Yes we knew the risk, but as this is a dynamic environment/situation, and rumors, etc. fly fast, it would be better for everyone (your customers) to know more about what Terrahash is doing, and how it is in our (your customers) best interest.  Silence is not acceptable.  Please engage in dialog with the customers that ask direct questions on the forum so all can be informed, and please answer to the best of your ability ALL the questions, not just the easy/quick one line responses.  Thank you!
Vigil

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 05:09:43 PM

http://thegenesisblock.com/800000-avalon-asic-bitcoin-mining-chips-expected-over-next-month/ Cry

It gets harder every day to see any positive/optimistic outcome from the chip fiasco.  I have been a little encouraged by the recent increase in BTC price, but unless it keeps climbing...

At this point is there any way for Terrahash to reject or sell the gen 1 chips from Avalon and find a batch of gen 2 chips from any other chip manufacturer?  Rather than get a miner that will barely crank out any BTC in 30+ days from now (best case scenario?), I would be OK waiting a few months to get a significantly faster chip, or even a reduced number of chips, or whatever will out perform what TH is currently expecting from Avalon.  TH needs to hold Avalon accountable and get chips yesterday, or get a refund, or get one of the first orders of a wicked fast gen 2 chip.

Terrahash, can you please communicate more with your customers via the forum or your support site?  Your silence is unnerving, and a bit rude considering all the trust/faith your customers have given Terrahash just on your word.  A lot of people chose to support Terrahash and allowed you (I believe by your own admission) to purchase hardware with the expectation of a mid August delivery.  Yes we knew the risk, but as this is a dynamic environment/situation, and rumors, etc. fly fast, it would be better for everyone (your customers) to know more about what Terrahash is doing, and how it is in our (your customers) best interest.  Silence is not acceptable.  Please engage in dialog with the customers that ask direct questions on the forum so all can be informed, and please answer to the best of your ability ALL the questions, not just the easy/quick one line responses.  Thank you!

Exactly, they should be trying to hold them accountable and work out a compensation agreement. But there is absolutely no word that they are doing anything but sitting around. They are obviously keeping silent because the facts are things people don't want to hear.
xyzpdq

Activity: 37

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 06:49:19 PM

Exactly, they should be trying to hold them accountable and work out a compensation agreement. But there is absolutely no word that they are doing anything but sitting around. They are obviously keeping silent because the facts are things people don't want to hear.

I would respect TH more and be more comfortable knowing what is going on, rather than the silence.  If it is bad, let us know... don't keep us hanging.  Yes we know the chips are not there and there is "nothing you (TH) can do about it"... Well, there is, you can take suggestions from the forum, or at least respond to the suggestions with reasons why they won't work so we all understand.  You (TH) can also communicate what you do know... if you only know what you have communicated via this forum, your support site/website, etc., you should be a little embarrassed that you don't have more to share with your customers/supporters, or at least explain what you are doing to get answers.  You should consider being more open to taking help and ideas from the forum to find a solution that is in everyone's best interest.  There are a lot of very motivated smart people here that can help if you let them.

It occurred to me that TH may not be posting much to this thread as it is a bit muddy.  Terrahash, maybe you should do daily/bi-daily updates on your site or this forum or other forum(s) to let us (your customers) know what is going on... albeit not much change.  That way you can control the chatter on each (daily/bi-daily) thread update?  Work with us here, give us something.  Do you like it when you are kept in the dark?  Especially when it involves many thousands of dollars! In the end, most miners are probably in this for themselves, but we have all come together in some fashion to support the work of TH (and many others) in getting miners.  Terrahash, I believe you have an obligation to share as much as possible about what you are doing that is in everyone's best interest.  Please to do the right thing.
jc328

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 06:58:41 PM

I can understand that.  For me, it is about a 25 minute drive with no traffic.  Just wanted to get a feel for how everything was progressing, and their revised business plans.  Would much prefer a phone call or email however, and left another email seeing if there was a good time I could schedule with them to drop by so I don't miss them again.

Curious also to see what plans are for the midterm or even worse case scenario, where chips are not received in another couple months.  Feel it would be prudent to disclose them soon so everyone would be on the same page.

jc328

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 07:06:17 PM

I would respect TH more and be more comfortable knowing what is going on, rather than the silence.  If it is bad, let us know... don't keep us hanging.  Yes we know the chips are not there and there is "nothing you (TH) can do about it"... Well, there is, you can take suggestions from the forum, or at least respond to the suggestions with reasons why they won't work so we all understand.  You (TH) can also communicate what you do know... if you only know what you have communicated via this forum, your support site/website, etc., you should be a little embarrassed that you don't have more to share with your customers/supporters, or at least explain what you are doing to get answers.  You should consider being more open to taking help and ideas from the forum to find a solution that is in everyone's best interest.  There are a lot of very motivated smart people here that can help if you let them.

It occurred to me that TH may not be posting much to this thread as it is a bit muddy.  Terrahash, maybe you should do daily/bi-daily updates on your site or this forum or other forum(s) to let us (your customers) know what is going on... albeit not much change.  That way you can control the chatter on each (daily/bi-daily) thread update?  Work with us here, give us something.  Do you like it when you are kept in the dark?  Especially when it involves many thousands of dollars! In the end, most miners are probably in this for themselves, but we have all come together in some fashion to support the work of TH (and many others) in getting miners.  Terrahash, I believe you have an obligation to share as much as possible about what you are doing that is in everyone's best interest.  Please to do the right thing.

Regarding consistent updates, I couldn't agree more.  Although daily may be a bit much, consistent weekly updates would be quite informative.  They already have the setup in place with their blog updates w/ emails. 

Although everyone has different thoughts on the approach, for me personally, no information ranks at the bottom.  I would much rather have disastrous information upfront so I can understand, provide professional input, assist, and/or move on.
warhawk187

Activity: 327

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 07:09:56 PM

BkkCoins,

The latest kicad files show R24 and R25 module values as 1K. Whereas, the last revision showed 2.2K and even the BOM says 2.2K. Is that an error, or did you change those registers to 1K?

Seems he has time to revise firmware but not update customers?! Luckily my Little Single came today (oct 2012 order), and with current difficulty shooting thru the roof, I have no choice at the point considering well be lucky to see anything shipped before labor day weekend.

-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 07:16:28 PM

Terrahash has always stated that deliveries would begin two weeks after chips are received.  Anyone bitching about them not delivering might want to remember that - it was one of the conditions of purchase.  You get to start complaining two weeks after they've received chips. 

YiFu is the problem here, not Terrahash.  Are daily updates of "Nope.  No chips yet" really going to be very useful?
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 07:22:02 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=215431.msg2926631#msg2926631

"We tried, however, to do our best to make everyone happy even if the fault is not ours, we understand that many people have invested great amount of personal money and that's why we're trying our best to make a plan B possible where we will, should the worst happen, upgrade everybody to a newer generation device based on Bitfury chips, this is something that I hope you realise isn't obvious."
Vigil

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 07:29:03 PM

Terrahash has always stated that deliveries would begin two weeks after chips are received.  Anyone bitching about them not delivering might want to remember that - it was one of the conditions of purchase.  You get to start complaining two weeks after they've received chips. 

YiFu is the problem here, not Terrahash.  Are daily updates of "Nope.  No chips yet" really going to be very useful?
Fine, but TerraHash needs to be seeking some remedial compensation for Avalon not fulfilling their contract obligation. Maybe TH falsely thinks it has no obligation to it customers at the moment because of some terms and conditions it wrote on it site.
klee
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 07:36:17 PM

TH should DEMAND double chips from Avalon as compensation, pass them free to us with the additional costs for PCBs etc half the cost (for anyone interested). In case Avalon rejects this I DEMAND as a customer legal action from TH against them.
Shit got serious, I am angry and I expect everyone to start behaving professionally and responsible from now on...
klee
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 07:43:00 PM

TH should DEMAND double chips from Avalon as compensation, pass them free to us with the additional costs for PCBs etc half the cost (for anyone interested). In case Avalon rejects this I DEMAND as a customer legal action from TH against them.
Shit got serious, I am angry and I expect everyone to start behaving professionally and responsible from now on...

Yes, lead by example! wait.....
Not sure I understand you but I am sure you are not one of those who will just accept losing money without doing something.
klee
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 07:50:44 PM

Are you taking any drugs?
Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: