Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:35:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:07:41 PM

I share your concern.  If TerraHash honors their promise to refund, then there should be little to no risk?  It is unclear how long the 'refund' window will be.

If you pay by credit card, visa, MasterCard or Amex via Paypal, check with your individual card company, but you should have consumer protection for a significant period. At least that is the case in the UK. The bank your card is affiliated to will be able to verify that.

Do not pay with a debit card!

Do not use debt to finance.

Do not expect ROI to be achieved the way you believe it will, and don't expect your card company to help you with that. They will just assume liability for delivery, fraud, etc.

The most important thing you can do, or gain significant funds from is investing time in creating a site, or service, either physical, or virtual that accepts payment in Bitcoin and offers itself to the mainstream consumer...

(Yes I realise the comparison with Bitcoin mining hardware manufacturers)

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:09:48 PM

Here is my take on it guys.

Terrahash is legit, and just like KNCMiner, they want to deliver.  The insane jumps in difficulty make it hard to pull the trigger on these boards, though, considering the low GH/$ ratio.  I have a priority account, and up till about 3 weeks ago was all set to order once TH went live.  Now, I am fighting internally, do I order or don't I...? it is something that has kept me up the last two nights.  If I order now, I run a very high risk not seeing any ROI, if I wait for more refined tech I could miss the boat.  The Jupiters and Saturn devices are very intriguing considering the GH/$, and if they can deliver in a reasonable time frame my wait and see approach will end up being the right decision.  Time is counting down on these pre-orders... I have always felt that I need to trust my gut, and typically do, but this situation is much harder to discern.  The question is, drop a ridiculous amount of money for 180GH now (works out to about 9k USD), or order a Saturn for $3800 (now knowing they are legit, thanks to Bitcoinorama)?

What does your gut tell you?

Avoid all current ASIC deals and keep bitcoins. Eventualy invest some of them in few promising altcoins.

say you bought the 4.5ghz, cost of 250 dollars. Say at the moment 5 ghz makes 18 dollars a day correct?, in 1-2 months it will only make 5-10$ a day? And with the increasing difficulty, i dont see it really becoming paid for for at least 1-2 years or more anyone agree? You only buy it to mine coins the the hell of it, now if it was 5 ghz that worked for bitcoin and litecoin sure =)

What does everyone think about this?

http://www.bitcoinx.com/profit/
joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:13:00 PM

Terrahash is legit, and just like KNCMiner, they want to deliver.  The insane jumps in difficulty make it hard to pull the trigger on these boards, though, considering the low GH/$ ratio.  I have a priority account, and up till about 3 weeks ago was all set to order once TH went live.  Now, I am fighting internally, do I order or don't I...? it is something that has kept me up the last two nights.  If I order now, I run a very high risk not seeing any ROI, if I wait for more refined tech I could miss the boat.  The Jupiters and Saturn devices are very intriguing considering the GH/$, and if they can deliver in a reasonable time frame my wait and see approach will end up being the right decision.  Time is counting down on these pre-orders... I have always felt that I need to trust my gut, and typically do, but this situation is much harder to discern.  The question is, drop a ridiculous amount of money for 180GH now (works out to about 9k USD), or order a Saturn for $3800 (now knowing they are legit, thanks to Bitcoinorama)?

Avoid all current ASIC deals and keep bitcoins. Eventualy invest some of them in few promising altcoins.

say you bought the 4.5ghz, cost of 250 dollars. Say at the moment 5 ghz makes 18 dollars a day correct?, in 1-2 months it will only make 5-10$ a day? And with the increasing difficulty, i dont see it really becoming paid for for at least 1-2 years or more anyone agree? You only buy it to mine coins the the hell of it, now if it was 5 ghz that worked for bitcoin and litecoin sure =)

I think you need to check your math. $10 a day is $300 a month, Pays for itself in 25 days
BitCointransfers

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:13:49 PM

Terrahash are you funding the chip buy with the pre-orders?

They already said that they are going to use pre-order funds to order another batch of Avalon chips so they can keep production rolling.

Thats understandable for future buys.. I'm concerned about the first one, did it happen yet?
kendog77

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:16:35 PM

They already said that they are going to use pre-order funds to order another batch of Avalon chips so they can keep production rolling.

Thats understandable for future buys.. I'm concerned about the first one, did it happen yet?

They said that they already placed an Avalon chip order a few weeks ago, and appear to have received sample chips, but haven't provided any other proof about the chip order.
joeventura

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:16:54 PM

1:45 until they start taking orders and we don't know yet.
hyperdallas

Activity: 108

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:19:38 PM

I think you need to check your math. $10 a day is $300 a month, Pays for itself in 25 days

Yeah, but every 2 weeks it will keep going Down, so say they deliver middle July, and its 10 dollars profit a day, and then 2 weeks later with everyone delivering soon, i am assuming it will go to 5 dollars a day, and then by mid august when most people are shipping their devices its pointless. Unless you just want to mine bitcoins for the fun of it, and hope that bitcoins goes to 1k a coin Tongue , or store it at your work and don't have to pay power costs
BitCointransfers

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:22:20 PM

If that initial chip order has not been made yet, there is no way terrahash can ship mid July..
joeventura

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:22:30 PM

Yeah, but every 2 weeks it will keep going Down, so say they deliver middle July, and its 10 dollars profit a day, and then 2 weeks later with everyone delivering soon, i am assuming it will go to 5 dollars a day, and then by mid august when most people are shipping their devices its pointless. Unless you just want to mine bitcoins for the fun of it, and hope that bitcoins goes to 1k a coin Tongue , or store it at your work and don't have to pay power costs

You are projecting difficulty to double every month and price of BTC to remain unchanged. Neither of those is likely.
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 02:22:41 PM

I'm wondering when will the site be open again for another wave of pre-orders? The DX Large looks pretty damn sexy!

joeventura

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:24:58 PM

If that initial chip order has not been made yet, there is no way terrahash can ship mid July..

You are correct. So if they plan to receive chips in 3 weeks (they need a week to assemble) and ship in 4 to 5 weeks.

They still have no firmware and no drivers so all that also has to be completed, debugged and ready to roll in the same 4 weeks.

If I had chips coming in the door in 3 weeks to a month, I'd provide proof and be proud to do it!!
laughingbear
Deflationary champion

Activity: 622

www.cryptobetfair.com

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 02:25:36 PM

If they got sample chips, they placed an order....  They dont send sample chips out to just anyone. 
joeventura

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:26:09 PM

I'm wondering when will the site be open again for another wave of pre-orders? The DX Large looks pretty damn sexy!

Another wave? When was the first one?
kendog77

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:27:05 PM

You are correct. So if they plan to receive chips in 3 weeks (they need a week to assemble) and ship in 4 to 5 weeks.

They still have no firmware and no drivers so all that also has to be completed, debugged and ready to roll in the same 4 weeks.

If I had chips coming in the door in 3 weeks to a month, I'd provide proof and be proud to do it!!

Did you even bother to read this thread or look at their website?

https://terrahash.com/blog/
BitCointransfers

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:28:23 PM

It does for an animation.
Streets 2.0

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:32:53 PM

My gut tells me that if I was TH on the verge of a large offering of equipment, I would be ever present in this forum, providing whatever was needed to make my new potential customers comfortable with sending me their money. Yet with 2.5 hours to go until they start taking orders on devices that they do not have a working prototype on, they are absent.

Either they won't provide the proof that they ordered chips, or they will do it at the very last minute which is extremely suspicious.  

20,000 chips costs a lot of money.

All we have seen to date is a single 95% populated PCB, 30 avalon chips and some pictures of an office space.

It's borderline, barely enough data to get you comfortable, so my question is why not provide enough to get everyone warm and fuzzy?

+1. You need an acknowledged member to go and document meeting them in person with a pre-determined Q&A in mind (not plugging me again, anyone can do it). You need more evidence, you definitely need to ascertain when exactly those chips were ordered, wallet/blockchain transaction info at least. As of yet you have had a few pics of an empty serviced office.

And I have been working on getting this done for us, but keep coming up with donuts.  I am out in LA this Sunday to Wednesday, but they are 4-5 hours north of the Biltmore, and I am there to do actual work for my company (F*ck work), and cannot get approval to travel for a day up there.

With all this said, there is also option C for me as I see it... instead of dropping cash on potentials, maybe's, and what if's, I (or we) could always divert our investment to ASICminer shares, as they already deliver, Friedcat has plans for keeping up with a percentage of the network, and let them do the mining for us.  Option C, for me at least right now, seems the safest bet.

KnC is a legit company for sure, but there is still risk to what and when they can deliver, that said they are very smart and have minimised risk wherever possible. There is still risk though. Their chip has to work from the get go on delivery in Sept.
The biggest risk is the BTC price, and mass adoption as a payment option, outside of miner's hoarding, esp. as peeps drop coins to recoup ROI in fiat to pay themselves (and hopefully not consumer debt back) for the miner outlay. BTC will drop with mass selling. Your hedge is purely the future price of BTC in my eyes. I think both choices of KnC and Terrahash delivered in the next 3-6 months will ROI at least...

From what I understand is Terrahash have an office and are happy to let you sleep in their waiting room until your baby is born...Wink

You red to see proof of chip order first though, my fear is Terrahash may have ordered later than people expect. That's the only problem I foresee, well that and 64 chip cards, as they are still an unknown, not being seen working fully loaded...

I have faith in BTC, as do many!  A lot of what you have said is partially why I have not slept much the last two days...  

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:37:05 PM

My gut tells me that if I was TH on the verge of a large offering of equipment, I would be ever present in this forum, providing whatever was needed to make my new potential customers comfortable with sending me their money. Yet with 2.5 hours to go until they start taking orders on devices that they do not have a working prototype on, they are absent.

Either they won't provide the proof that they ordered chips, or they will do it at the very last minute which is extremely suspicious.  

20,000 chips costs a lot of money.

All we have seen to date is a single 95% populated PCB, 30 avalon chips and some pictures of an office space.

It's borderline, barely enough data to get you comfortable, so my question is why not provide enough to get everyone warm and fuzzy?

+1. You need an acknowledged member to go and document meeting them in person with a pre-determined Q&A in mind (not plugging me again, anyone can do it). You need more evidence, you definitely need to ascertain when exactly those chips were ordered, wallet/blockchain transaction info at least. As of yet you have had a few pics of an empty serviced office.

And I have been working on getting this done for us, but keep coming up with donuts.  I am out in LA this Sunday to Wednesday, but they are 4-5 hours north of the Biltmore, and I am there to do actual work for my company (F*ck work), and cannot get approval to travel for a day up there.

With all this said, there is also option C for me as I see it... instead of dropping cash on potentials, maybe's, and what if's, I (or we) could always divert our investment to ASICminer shares, as they already deliver, Friedcat has plans for keeping up with a percentage of the network, and let them do the mining for us.  Option C, for me at least right now, seems the safest bet.

KnC is a legit company for sure, but there is still risk to what and when they can deliver, that said they are very smart and have minimised risk wherever possible. There is still risk though. Their chip has to work from the get go on delivery in Sept.
The biggest risk is the BTC price, and mass adoption as a payment option, outside of miner's hoarding, esp. as peeps drop coins to recoup ROI in fiat to pay themselves (and hopefully not consumer debt back) for the miner outlay. BTC will drop with mass selling. Your hedge is purely the future price of BTC in my eyes. I think both choices of KnC and Terrahash delivered in the next 3-6 months will ROI at least...

From what I understand is Terrahash have an office and are happy to let you sleep in their waiting room until your baby is born...Wink

You red to see proof of chip order first though, my fear is Terrahash may have ordered later than people expect. That's the only problem I foresee, well that and 64 chip cards, as they are still an unknown, not being seen working fully loaded...

I have faith in BTC, as do many!  A lot of what you have said is partially why I have not slept much the last two days...  

Jeez...you should have tried typing the f**ker!!

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Streets 2.0

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:41:26 PM

LOL thanks 'rama

Noogsy

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:41:49 PM

Preorders will be accepted in 2 hours, if my calc was right.

Anyone interested in my account there to preorder today ? (for btc or a % of yer hashrate): PM me.
Rest will be able to preorder tomorrow.
Cannot afford to preorder atm.

---
Cheers
pixl8tr

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:42:11 PM

You are projecting difficulty to double every month and price of BTC to remain unchanged. Neither of those is likely.

Try this calculator.

Bitcoin Profit Calculator

Plug in some numbers for the 64 and the 16 boards.  Make sure you use the Expert mode to account for difficulty and deliver time. Try raising and lowering BTC price, difficulty and delivery time to get a sense of the variables involved.   A few weeks delay can have dramatic effect on your ROI.  It may make you reconsider how much you are willing to invest or risk with  TerraHash.

Cheers!

who | grep -i blonde | date; cd ~; unzip; touch; finger; bjobs; uptime; strip;. grab; mount; yes; umount; sleep; brun;
Donations: 18ByQvDUmaMKkQbYvUWmnPSu9BWeNxVMoc
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: