Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 04:25:29 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 153 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do Altcoins really have a future?  (Read 47042 times)
tanghere02

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 03:17:45 PM

I think Altcoins do have a future for as long as bitcoin is still around because it still is depending on bitcoin and by the end of the day people will still convert their altcoins to bitcoin, that is the hard truth to the crypto world.

▄▄█████████▄▄                         ▄█▄                ▀██████▄                   ▄██████▀
        ▄█████████████████▄▄                    ▄███▄                 ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀
         ▀███████████████████▄                 ▄█████▄                  ▀██████             ██████▀
           █▀▀       ▀▀████████▄              ▄███████▄                   ██████▄         ▄██████
  ▄█▄                    ▀██████▄            ▄█████████▄                   ▀██████▄     ▄██████▀
 ▄████▄                    ▀█████▄          ▄███████████▄                    ███████▄ ▄███████
▄█████▀                     ▀█████▄        ▄██████▀██████▄                     █████▀▀▀█████▀
██████                       ██████       ▄██████   ██████▄                     ▀█▀     ▀█▀
██████                       ██████      ▄██████     ██████▄                     █       █
██████                       ██████     ▄██████       ██████▄                   ▄█▄     ▄█▄
▀██████▄                    ▄█████▀    ▄██████         ██████▄                ▄█████▄▄▄█████▄
 ▀██████▄                  ▄█████▀    ▄██████                                ███████▀ ▀███████
  ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████▀     ▀██████▄
   ▀████████▄▄       ▄▄████████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████         ██████▄
     ▀███████████████████████▀     ▄██████                 ██████▄      ▄██████▀           ▀██████▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀      ▄██████                   ██████▄   ▄██████▀               ▀██████▄
           ▀▀█████████▀▀         ▄██████                     ██████▄▄██████▀                   ▀██████▄
  O HOLD YOUR
OWN KEYS!
  O   O [SUCCESS   
RAISE
US$18mil+]
sukamasoto
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

Black Panther

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 03:43:06 PM

Depend on what altcoin did you decide to invest
Of course altcoin provide more profit than bitcoin if you're lucky enough to choose the best one ,  just make sure that keep the rest of investation on next 5 years who know it can valued more than today

▄._      
                                       ▀█████████▀ 
                                     ,▄▓████████   
                                ╓▄▓███████████▀   
                           ╓▄▓███████▀╙.  ▀█     
                      ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄▄▄▄███         
                 ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄,  ▓███████        
           .▄▄▓██████▀▀╙▄▄▓████▌ ████████         
      .▄▄███████▀▀╙▄▄  ▐███████▌ ████████         
 .▄▄███████▀▀ ▐▄▄▓████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
╙█████▀▀▐▄▄▓  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████        
 ╙▀ ▄▄▓█████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████             
no0dlepunk

Activity: 490
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 04:54:14 PM

Yes they do. ethereum is not a payment coin anyway, it is a token that represents wealth or anything you put in there. If people learn to utilize and take advantage of it then we will definitely see a bright future.  Grin

always think long term dude! nobody had become millionaire in weeks.
co0ler

Activity: 43
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 05:10:52 PM

I think that Altcoins really do have a future, I mean sure Bitcoin will always be at the top, but many projects are also under Altcoins. I myself also have high hopes for ETH given that it grew so fast, and many projects are under ETH. I also think that altcoins really have a use, you could buy altcoins and sell it for a bigger profit, I guess. But we can never tell the future, we as a community will need to adjust accordingly on what's going to happen.
There is the 1% that will surely survive, but I'm not so sure if Ethereum is one of them. Also, keep in mind that after segwit, we will be closer to making possible the implementation of many of these cryptos in Bitcoin sidechains.

Byteball.org   ❱❱❱  IT  JUST  WORKS.  ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email - Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments - ICO Platform with KYC
jzone23

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 06:38:46 PM

Why wont they have future?..Maybe as of today bitvoin still prwvail but other than bitcoin we already see lots of altcoin successfully getting their price higher and being popular as time passes. Maybe they just need more time and someday they can be as valuable as btc.

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram
QlooQl

Activity: 322
Merit: 122

Hello World!

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 06:48:44 PM

There is no future for altcoins. They will all merge into one SUPERCOIN to rule them all.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
oreits11

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 08:50:00 PM

besides the customs with the finance on works with the crypto currency schemes of the business regulation,

developer to spares of parts with the distributionals of possession as releasing the offers that those had with the unique on attribution with the

accounting of value to deliver with the directives as user or clients to gains with the involvesment to collects of extent with the use of systematical of

chains to develop reputation on relation with the public audiencies or the presence as opening assigns of submission.

Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 5986

Meh.

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 05:12:35 AM

As we can see Popularity keeps increasing for crypto, big dog is still and always will be BTC but there's new projects launching each and every day with their own token. A lot of them with great success too!

I doubt we'll see a future without any alts. They have their own part to play Smiley

dounfer

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 05:19:18 AM

yes, but it really depends on the people who use it..
if people dont care for it.. its not useful.

bitcoin only became useful because people thought it was useful.
V1saya

Activity: 1050
Merit: 508

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 05:24:14 AM

You are generalizing the entire alternate cryptocurrencies as one. Altoin in general cannot be said to have a future or not. It has to be broken down into several specific altcoins. There were many altcoins that have already died. On the other hand, there are also altcoins that have been used widely and are already trusted by the people. Altcoins depend on its team and its actual usage.
Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 5986

Meh.

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 05:39:33 AM

You are generalizing the entire alternate cryptocurrencies as one. Altoin in general cannot be said to have a future or not. It has to be broken down into several specific altcoins. There were many altcoins that have already died. On the other hand, there are also altcoins that have been used widely and are already trusted by the people. Altcoins depend on its team and its actual usage.
[/b]

You are spot on with this part. But then again we have a few coins with an actual use and a good dev team that's still undervalued or unappreciated. While we have other coins/tokens that are complete and utter shit and yet those are widely spread and holds a greater value. Strange world is what it is but the true ones will be victorious in the end I guess.

Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 06:15:31 AM

As we can see Popularity keeps increasing for crypto, big dog is still and always will be BTC but there's new projects launching each and every day with their own token. A lot of them with great success too!

I doubt we'll see a future without any alts. They have their own part to play Smiley

Altcoin still play a role till this day, you can see on coinmarketcap which coin like doge, lite is still exist. This is because they have a good future on it, mean while nowadays this altcoin they made is only way to get short term profit. They do not intend to make their coin as long as doge or lite. I admit their roadmap ia pretty good but still many of them are not good enough
Oo ako to

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 06:10:14 AM

I think Altcoins do have a future for as long as bitcoin is still around because it still is depending on bitcoin and by the end of the day people will still convert their altcoins to bitcoin, that is the hard truth to the crypto world.

The only reason that altcoins will have a future is when many companies and services accept them. Most of their purposes for example is to be used an alternative bet in online gambling like dash, litecoin and the others. This is the only way that I see how altcoins will survive.
JoeH

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 06:24:16 AM

Yah I still think something will eventually surpass BTC as #1 too! We will see though with side and off chain technology coming to the blockchain, I see bitcoin having a longer and be able to scale more than it did day 1.
inthelongrun

Activity: 1792
Merit: 598

The Martian Child

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 06:39:36 AM

Yes, they do have a future. But only if the coin is actually working and being used. That is the single most important thing to consider in alternate cryptos. Bitcoin is no problem anymore because people are doing business using it but when it comes to alts, which have different uses, it really matters whether the coin is working or not.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
MiXxe

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 06:54:18 AM

Yes, they do have a future. But only if the coin is actually working and being used. That is the single most important thing to consider in alternate cryptos. Bitcoin is no problem anymore because people are doing business using it but when it comes to alts, which have different uses, it really matters whether the coin is working or not.
To summarize not all Altcoins have future and it depends on a altcoins use not the working properties some altcoins i found have no true use and it was only run and have a fake launches without credibility . Choosing a good altcoins is better and try to look at coinmarketcap for that top coins so you will have an idea .

patz22

Activity: 1176
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 01:11:59 PM

whats the difference between bitcoin and altcoin? Right now i have a lot of questions regarding this "business" or i don't know. Right know all i know is i can earn money (needed it Smiley ) you can give me some information that may help me learn. thanks
sasaku bitbit

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 01:57:50 PM

yes, but it really depends on the people who use it..
if people dont care for it.. its not useful.

bitcoin only became useful because people thought it was useful.

It is true, altcoin really has a future that is secure and well worth it because I personally have proven with invest in some coins into a bitcoin on years ago, and then recently a couple of months I sold it yesterday because there was a sudden needs. and bitcoin is very useful for my future life Wink
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 02:01:56 PM

whats the difference between bitcoin and altcoin? Right now i have a lot of questions regarding this "business" or i don't know. Right know all i know is i can earn money (needed it Smiley ) you can give me some information that may help me learn. thanks
You can use google to find some answer if you want to. I don't know what business brought you here lol. Anyway, bitcoin is the first and father of all coins in cryptocrurrencies, while alt coins is just an alternative coins copied/cloned originaly from bitcoin itself. This is just a short summary of my answers to give to you.

leonair

Activity: 1274
Merit: 390

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 02:43:14 PM

I would like to take this in my own perspective and understanding and I will present it by percentage, this maybe right or wrong in your own thoughts.

'Crypto Currencies'

50% Really wants bitcoin to earn their Fiat investments because Bitcoin's price now is peaking.
40% Is using altcoins to trade it with the exchanges and take advantage of the potential growth and eventually converting it back to Bitcoin.
8% Miners that mines Bitcoins, Altcoins to make a profit out of it and converting it to Bitcoin or straight with their Fiat.
2% Dead people who is holding a Bitcoin and some other altcoins.

This is only my wild guests in terms of percentage of what is happening with crypto's.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 153 »
  Print  

Jump to: