Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:22:51 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 153 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do Altcoins really have a future?  (Read 47042 times)
kirito1614

Activity: 336
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 05:27:50 AM

The future or success of a certain alternative coins is highly dependent with the investors, holders and users. When a certain project is raised and fund with blockchain or ICO the target value will depend on how many will buy the token or coin for that alt coin. Some factors may affect is how promising the project is, and how many incentives might the users will have.

Regards to Arna Genomics, It has a promising project that will help the development of biotechnology.
Bagaji

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 05:52:16 AM

I believe Bitcoin has a future in long term. It proved itself in the past years and it is getting widely popular. It just has a transaction fee problem atm.

What about the altcoins? Who does use them for real? Will people use them in the future for real purpose?

I only have a hope for ethereum and litecoin, but not for the rest. I am not even sure for eth and ltc.

If bitcoin solves the reansaction fee and time problem, I doubt eth and ltc even have a future.
There is no gain saying that ethereum, litcoin and other major altcoin has no future, because it is glaring that some of them are growing from strength to strength as bitcoin grow in market value over time.
Marcus yoyo

Activity: 728
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 05:54:27 AM

not all of altcoin have a future just some altcoin have a future to invest.
you can see the price of stratis from last year until now the price up very high
also ETH, Waves and ARK.
leea-1334

Activity: 2282
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 05:55:44 AM

Certainly yes, the altcoins have future if the dev  doesnot want it to make it scam coin. If you can witness the doge coin,its value was 6satoshi last year and now its value was around 70 sat a month before. So howcome its value increased? certainly its alive and has good volume in trading. Like doge there are also other coins which are active and ready to compete.

it must be a very long wait for its price to reach up to a dollar each. its a good news for someone who holds hundreds of millions of doge but for someone who only have A MILLION doge, its a bad news for those who holds billions are going to dump before the rest that will drag its price back to 6 sat.

altcoins has future but only to those who hold big amounts and only to coins with real use.

If you had a million DOGE at 10 satoshi last year (I recall even lower but let us just say for the sake of argument) and you sold it at 120 satoshi a few months ago (I remember higher but let us just say)... you would have made 1.2 BTC. And you can easily sell 1 million DOGE. If you had hundreds of millions, then you're in trouble:)

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Rimon365

Activity: 623

CLEARSIGHT- THE #1 BLOCKCHAIN JOB PLATFORM

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 06:22:57 AM

Yes, I think altcoins really have a future.
Because its value is increasing day by day and it has gained a lot of popularity.

artmaker

Activity: 208

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:32:28 AM

Why not? there are too many good altcoins out there and I believe that at least 10% of them have a good future. 1% of them can even beat and replace bitcoin. Mark my words. Look at ethereum and litecoin, as well as lumens. Their market caps are extremely big right now
There are a lot of good coins out there but not one that can surpass bitcoin and if that coin does not appear soon then I think bitcoin is going to remain the top cryptocurrency for a long time because the advantage bitcoin has by being the first crypto ever is getting larger by the day.
Nothing can replace the bitcoin position, because the parent bitcoin of all altcoin. and altcoin is the only alternative to get bitcoin. there are many alternative currencies that exist today and there are only a few altcoins that are popularly used. but the future of altcoin is dependent on its parent.

it's true mr that bitcoin is the parent of all currencies of cryptocurrency that are so many today.
and the stability of all values ​​is also in bitcoin but sometimes there is if bitcoin rises then there is altcoin that goes down but also exists when bitcoin rises then altcoin also go up

my Opinion thats is just only small part trading activities, we cant really tell what will happened in it. to see if some coins really have future we need to know inside that coins not just from small part trading activities, we need to know their team, their goal with the coin, and etc.
cdog

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 07:08:40 AM

Yes, I think altcoins really have a future.
Because its value is increasing day by day and it has gained a lot of popularity.
really altcoin is very much interested and increasingly popular. this is the case with the crowd of exchnager. exchnager is never quiet to prove altcoin will not die.
Argon2

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 07:14:15 AM

I believe Bitcoin has a future in long term. It proved itself in the past years and it is getting widely popular. It just has a transaction fee problem atm.

What about the altcoins? Who does use them for real? Will people use them in the future for real purpose?
No. Nobody will use Bitcoin in 150 years either.
mudasarali43

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 07:23:03 AM

No, it's not for all Altcoins because its depend on the reality of work done behind and improvement behind those altcoins have good teamwork and well management they will have a good future but those who have not good technology, teamwork, management they have not good future and some of these are made delist from exchanges due to improvement and lack of trading.
KikloV

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 07:39:02 AM

I only have a hope for ethereum and litecoin, but not for the rest. I am not even sure for eth and ltc.

If bitcoin solves the reansaction fee and time problem, I doubt eth and ltc even have a future.

Only coin , I am Concerned with is ZEIT .

People will use it as a form of barter for products and services,
Top 8 reason ZEIT will surpass Bitcoin

8.  It's Transaction fees are fixed and processed in the order created, the Rich are not allowed to jump ahead, like BTC.
7.  It is more affordable and usable for micropayments Onchain or Offchain.
6.  It has 20X BTC presegwit Onchain Transaction Capacity
5.  It offers Offchain Transactions thru 3 different exchanges, which give it unlimited transaction capacity
4.  It does not need the ASICS to survive and prosper
3.  It will never be banned because it is using so much electricity it exceeds the infrastructure capacity.
2.  It solved the PoS inflation problem , by being the 1st coin to go Ultra Low Inflation of .0005% per year

#1 reason,
The Monthly Operating Costs to Run the Entire ZEIT Network is less than $1000 per month ,
Verses the Monthly Operating Costs for BTC being in the millions per month and rising.

In the end it is all about sustainability,
ZEIT is energy efficient and has a Higher Transaction Capacity and is Ultra Low Inflation.

Within 5 years, it will be made apparent to all.  Cheesy

Cool
vfrcbv91

Activity: 337
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 08:15:06 AM

But what about, monero? But what about DASH? Why don't you see the future for them? These projects workers and already have partnered with many organizations.
Marco Ambrusini

Activity: 364
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 08:20:25 AM

Bitcoin will always be the spear head and its
Downfall or uprise has an effect on altcoins
Most altcoins will continually to be the systems but the major questions is
How effective or valuable will it be.
gulshan1

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 08:28:23 AM

All altcoin have not a future because altcoin always run on there quality and service. there are so many altcoin  which have no any purpose and target and there's no any service. they are just running for trading so many coins are trading in the market without any reason but they are listing on different exchanges only earn to bitcoin. so many coins are using to earn Bitcoin by the policy of pump and dump.top 200 coin have some logical work and they are not only trading for earning rather, they have good setup for a particular purpose in the market.so all altcoin  have not a future but only some quality altcoin have a good future.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
skylark001

Activity: 228

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 12:44:57 PM

yes altcoins really  have a future .people are coming to cryptocurrecies .altcoins can do better in coming time.i think it will have a good future.

Taskford

Activity: 2576
Merit: 797

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 12:50:26 PM

Altcoins really have a future because the people here in the cryptocurrency world are not only interested in bitcoin but also in altcoins where they will invest their money and hope for a good return and gather their profit if they will have profit from their investment. It is risky like investing in bitcoin but it is still worth it like what we used to have in bitcoin.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Mariya03

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 01:26:30 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2017, 01:45:16 PM by Mariya03

The same question was asked when bitcoin was new. We now know the answer to that. The same can be said about altcoins. But not all alt-coins will have the same future as bitcoin. If it is just a copy paste of bitcoins code, then it will be trash. If it does not offer something new or any added value, it will be trash. But if it has a unique characteristic that can be valuable, then I say that coin have a future.
Everything that has started has its own future.  Grin So, I guess Altcoins will have its own future because it's value is continuously upgrading.  Base also on what I've read, this coin have a future because of its own characteristics.

adamantasaurus

Activity: 700
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 05:46:22 PM

Of course altcoins have a future lol. Maybe not all of them maybe just a small amount or maybe a large amount. Just as there are numerous paper currencies I believe there will be numerous digital currencies Smiley
leexhin

Activity: 503
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:02:13 PM

Without altcoin, bitcoin will have no competition. I think that bitcoin price will not raise that high if altcoins do not exist. Some how altcoins helped bitcoin to be more marketable. Some altcoin really has potential, and some would even be considered as second to bitcoin such as ethereum.
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:47:40 PM

Without altcoin, bitcoin will have no competition. I think that bitcoin price will not raise that high if altcoins do not exist. Some how altcoins helped bitcoin to be more marketable. Some altcoin really has potential, and some would even be considered as second to bitcoin such as ethereum.

Yes if the altcoins not there then there is no competition to bitcoin and everyone must invest in bitcoins. that time i don't know what will happen. Either the bitcoin will die, or the bitcoin price will increase like a skyrocket. If everyone invested in only bitcoins means just imagine what will be the price of the bitcoin. But not all altcoins will have bright future only a few coins like ETH, waves, LTC etc. the top coins will have good future.
supine

Activity: 1036
Merit: 109

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 07:04:33 PM

Some services are paid using altcoins, so I think they really have a purpose. Some are used for services and some are for trading or purchases. Altcoin also provided bitcoin a good competition, without altcoin it would be boring if we only have bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 153 »
  Print  

Jump to: