Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 12:44:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 153 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do Altcoins really have a future?  (Read 47041 times)
Bastime

Activity: 519
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 09:19:39 PM

I think there is a future.Especially for waves, eth, etc

I agree, the alt coins you're referring were already on their way to parallel BTC but what about other new alt coins? Of course, they'll gonna be and it doesn't mean they have no chance to be on top of successful digital currencies. Let's just wait and see and let some people will invest some promising alt coins that probably has good marketing, developers and support.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

Faiyz

Activity: 392

Dijual

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 09:53:46 PM

I believe Bitcoin has a future in long term. It proved itself in the past years and it is getting widely popular. It just has a transaction fee problem atm.

What about the altcoins? Who does use them for real? Will people use them in the future for real purpose?

I only have a hope for ethereum and litecoin, but not for the rest. I am not even sure for eth and ltc.

If bitcoin solves the reansaction fee and time problem, I doubt eth and ltc even have a future.

I think there is a future in Altcoins, such as ETH and LTC . This two have a promising and a good purpose . ETH and LTC is like a the time when BTC is just started , They are popular coins because people believe that they have a good future when they invest in ETH and LTC.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 10:33:18 PM

I think ethereum has already covered a good attention from people since the last year and this is likely to be from bitcoin family.
The value of ethereum can be obviously seen in a higher position than all altcoins. In other words, ether has mesmerised traders mostly thogh we can't assess how strong would it  be in future.
Ethereum is the leading in the altcoins race and I agree that it will also increase it's value in the future, sad news now about china banning
ICOs has really affected ETH because most of the ICO are build in ETH platform, but this will not last, people will realize it's good usages more than
it's flaws.
Not only that, some icos now are coming on the waves platform and there are many other smart contract coins out there trying to get ETH spot, it seems the devs are giving up on trying to overcome bitcoin and are trying instead to become the number 2 coin and this is bad news for Ethereum.
bettercrypto

Activity: 1344
Merit: 268

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 10:38:01 PM

About 80% have no future for sure.

A few alts could go a long way tough, like Waves & Lisk.

Probably way smaller than 20%, I think only 5% of the altcoins would have a future.  Most of the ICO's and projects launched everyday are just copy paste of others Idea.  Only a handful have original idea and is really needed by the people.  Most of this are just riding the hype and they lack a competitive programmer or coder.   I just don't understand why people keep on investing on the same set of developer when these developer had neither deliver their project.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
DosManos

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 10:38:08 PM

Some alt coins have a future
bitcoin can not be the only coin with future
there are always new coins with future
and there are coins that here to stay
just need to make the right research
solarrobot

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 11:40:02 PM

Coins that are just trying to be a currency will die out, there are a few which will have a network effect and the features that are useful to people, the rest have no purpose and will go to zero value.

Platforms that provide particular services will survive and flurish.  Much of this will happen ontop of existing protocols like ETH, or Bitcoin, but there may be uses that are specialized enough they will need their own type of blockchains.   Blockchains as databases have a particular use, so there might be certain types of business environments that need their own financial database, so these types of chains will probably only grow from here.
KluFf

Activity: 336

Alfa-Enzo: Introducing the First Global Smartmarke

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 11:44:59 PM

There will be a great future for any altcoins because it is the alternative for BTC
if the price of Btc go down many people can shift to other coin .
and it is nice to have an altcoin too . you can buy it in a small price which you can try
to invest and know if the price of the altcoin you bought is going up.
so Altcoins has a future too.
You can't say if an altcoin is Less than a dollar it has no future. you can't say what will happen in future.

......A L F A ─ E N Z O......
\▼/ "Develop, standardize, protect, and promote" the AEF Ecosystem \▼/
...FACEBOOKTWITTERTELEGRAM BOUNTY...
RedX

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 12:38:55 AM

We all know that only 10% of all the altcoins does have a future and 90% of them are made to scam investors after they are pumped. I study those promising coins and they really have upcoming projects that are already on the move.
diskodasa

Activity: 337

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 02:09:09 AM

not all altcoin have future. some of them show their promise like eth, litecoin.

Herdirfauzi

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 03:50:07 AM

I believe Bitcoin has a future in long term. It proved itself in the past years and it is getting widely popular. It just has a transaction fee problem atm.

What about the altcoins? Who does use them for real? Will people use them in the future for real purpose?

I only have a hope for ethereum and litecoin, but not for the rest. I am not even sure for eth and ltc.

If bitcoin solves the reansaction fee and time problem, I doubt eth and ltc even have a future.
according to what you say I also believe that Bitcoin will have a future in the long run, as I know 4 years ago bitcoin prices are still low and now it has gone up rapidly even though it has not reached the moon. maybe I'm not sure if later altcoins will be in real use, but we'll see for the next few years Smiley

Herdirfauzi

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 04:06:01 AM

not all altcoin have future. some of them show their promise like eth, litecoin.
yes I agree with your opinion, that altcoin does not have a bright future as we know bitcoin, I prefer eth, because they are more promising.

senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 04:24:01 AM

Bitcoin and altcoyins have a clear future. They use the most advanced technology of blockade, which is already recognized by many countries of the world. Altkoins serve mainly a certain sphere of human activity, creating to it convenience and comfort. Some of them remain unclaimed due to the lack of thoughtfulness of the project when creating or for other reasons, including technical ones, but the rest will be successful. Therefore, there is no doubt about their usefulness and success.
VanKleiss

Activity: 231

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 04:34:51 AM

Ethereum as well as Litecoin do have a future maybe they would not be used for a real purpose just like how we can use bitcoin nowadays which seems very similar to a traditional cash but they'll be used for investment purposes because these altcoins are the leading player in altcoin exchanges aside from Eth and LTC we also have dash and monero that also has a potential to still compete with other coins in the future .
dreamhouse

Activity: 1073
Merit: 666

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 04:38:56 AM

Altcoins advanced a lot the state of art of the blockchain technology, this the altcoins contributed a lot, of course they have future. Not all altcoins, tyose copy and paste coins have no future.
ukboss

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2017, 04:50:23 AM

In This world have a many coin but Altcoins is  really good for everyone. There are many country many coin but one of the most value able is a Altacoin.
Yes Altcions is a Really Great future for all people. Any one can do with altacoins future.
vuvanle120

Activity: 322

"Highest ROI crypto infrastructure"

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 05:01:30 AM

Of course altcoins have a future. In fact, I think one or several of these altcoins will eventually over take Bitcoin's market cap. ETH or many others altcoins are refining blockchain technology to bring real application/business into blockchain.

gorkhalitrader

Activity: 63

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 05:08:18 AM

Yes I think the blockchain technology is here to stay. The alt coins definitely have a future, it is just a matter of realizing which one will take over the market to get the most gains. Personally I like Stratis because it connects the existing .NET framework and a great developer team behind it. Another one of my favorite is Storj. Etherum definitely will be worth 5-10x more in few years since lots of new tokens are utilizing its platform. Doing more research on IOTA, it looks like a great project.

Cotton Candy

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 08:29:26 AM

Yes for me of course it does have a future. Knowing that altcoins is getting popular nowadays. Especially ethereum, they built a new a better image of the altcoins their potential is almost like the bitcoins. Some investors of bitcoins are also investing on ethereum. Because ethereum is just like a successor of bitcoins. And I know in the future, they will grow just like what bitcoins had achieved. But in that time bitcoins is way to far from them.
jasindu36

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 08:53:42 PM

Yes Altcoins also have future for sure but it will come & go soon soon but there are some very good Altcoins also they will also survive with Btc in future as well those are Eth, Dash, Stratis these coins are also leading coin with btc. Apart from this we always have to check or do some research to reach on consensus whether a coin has potential to survive or not. But we have a one benefit we pay less fees when we transfer through altcoins as compare to Btc.
myfranco

Activity: 361
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 09:03:56 PM

If there wasn't altcoins, you would only buy/sell Bitcoins. What's the purpose of the Blockchain technology? It would be boring to death.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 153 »
  Print  

Jump to: