Bitcoin Forum
July 25, 2024, 02:51:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 153 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do Altcoins really have a future?  (Read 47057 times)
NoNetwork

Activity: 392
Merit: 292

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 05:12:18 PM

Obviously. As long as bitcoin has a future which I am sure it has, there is always a bright future for many different altcoins(Ethereum, Litecoin, DeepOnion etc). On the other hand, the shitcoins are simply useful short term holding and not good as long term investments.
To tell you that truth mate, Bitcoin has nothing to do with the Altcoins, you see they all have different aspects and concepts in their increase in values. Therefore, whenever the price of Bitcoin goes up, it doesn't mean that all the Altcoins will go up too, it is most likely that some merely as popular as Bitcoin will have the most out of it, what I mean is that they will have the chance to get rise in their price as well.

But if somehow Bitcoin drops its value, then again it doesn't mean that the Altcoins will also drop its value, instead somehow some of them will continue on increasing. And you know what that means? It means that they will somewhat have the opportunity to even replace Bitcoin in the future, its just that Bitcoin has all the relevance it needed right now, but it won't last as you think it would.

Well basically, what I'm trying to say is "think again".
OneUserOne

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 05:14:10 PM

I believe Bitcoin has a future in long term. It proved itself in the past years and it is getting widely popular. It just has a transaction fee problem atm.

What about the altcoins? Who does use them for real? Will people use them in the future for real purpose?

I only have a hope for ethereum and litecoin, but not for the rest. I am not even sure for eth and ltc.

If bitcoin solves the reansaction fee and time problem, I doubt eth and ltc even have a future.

I consider that within time all other altcoins, except for ETH and LTC, will die out because of their duplicate nature and lack of resources (both material and non-material) to grow further. Ethereum proves itself as rather rapidly developing with many prospects in future. The same goes to Litecoin, too. As so, these altcoins could be used for long-term investments, though I couldn't say the same about other ones.
boulecoin

Activity: 46

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 05:23:30 PM

The future of all coins is dependent on the quality of the product and team behind it.

Shit coins are very quick to lose their value as the market figures them out.

Strong coins are and will continue to hold their value.
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 05:44:26 PM

I see alt-coins being a like a specific business currency, as you can see, some websites and services like facebook, steam,etc.. are using currency, facebook specifically has facebook tokens and I can see them creatingtheir own coin to be used in those purposes. That would make them money and would open up a few more possibilites. That's unleast what I see for many alt-coin and the rest with be there just as they are now.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
Suqreme

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 05:49:17 PM

I believe so since technologies are getting better and BTC isnt what we thought it was years ago.
juli50

Activity: 278
Merit: 101

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 06:17:22 PM

I think they will keep raising, nothing  can stop them. Im investing in deeponion coin I think that the coin have a lot of future.i will hold them for some years and see what happens.. Good luck

Futureblnr

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 05:33:36 PM

There are infinite purposes of use for altcoins. All altcoins that offer useful stuff can have a future. Smiley

It's so true!!!! Totally agree!!! I'm wondering, is there any chance that alternative coins will replace the dollar?
cryptofunn

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 05:59:23 PM

BTC is the kind of experiment, but sooner or later it will be Altcoin that will perform the role of a super convenient coins for all charges from buying a Cup of coffee to purchase. These payments are fast and secure

Bittoshi

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 06:06:13 PM

There are already too many altcoins and that's why not every altcoin can survive in the long run. Many have already died.
But there are also very useful ones that offer functions Bitcoin lacks. E.g. private payments, faster and cheaper transactions or smart contracts. These better coins will for sure have a future. Just stick to the ones with a good concept and an active development.

Bitgesell (BGL):  A modern and truly scarce store of value. Burn rate is 90% of tx fee. Yearly block reward halving.

It's just the beginning!
Doell

Activity: 2156
Merit: 531

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 06:08:09 PM

I believe Bitcoin has a future in long term. It proved itself in the past years and it is getting widely popular. It just has a transaction fee problem atm.

What about the altcoins? Who does use them for real? Will people use them in the future for real purpose?

I only have a hope for ethereum and litecoin, but not for the rest. I am not even sure for eth and ltc.

If bitcoin solves the reansaction fee and time problem, I doubt eth and ltc even have a future.
I believe alt others have a good future, I see litecoin that has appeared and success in alt, if ethercoin I see this coin is successful and have a good future, I think alt others have a good future and want to be side by side same bitcoin.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
DIMKAZDS

Activity: 704
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 06:09:53 PM

Some altcoins like ethereum, monero and litecoin might survive in future as all of these coins are very progressive. These coins are really really popular and are showing growth.
Dash and waves are other coins which can surely survive in future.
dfox101

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 06:11:21 PM

Altcoins will not die, there are some good ones with nice features and strong communities that will survive.
excevia19

Activity: 135
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 06:42:50 PM

altcoin its another cryptocurrency besides bitcoin , and i think altcoin its have a future , because every day a new coins appear and the project success on altcoin cryptocurrency and they always keep raising on the future.
NoiseBoy

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Sound. Fury. Signifying.

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 06:46:34 PM

I think you may be making the mistake of thinking of other altcoins as being essentially "bitcoin-like." In some cases, that is actually the case, and the coin is intended to function primarily as a currency. Zcash, Monero, and Litecoin are good examples of that. Most altcoins, however, are intended to perform specific functions, or represent a stake in a company, or have utility within a decentralized application. Many such coins have a future, as they perform useful functions for businesses that have a clearly proven demand and viable business model.
amado88

Activity: 59

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 07:35:44 PM

Altcoins / tokens is a mechanism with many advantages which will se the model thrive both for digital ownership, identity, value transfer and many other use cases. My prediction is that there will be 10.000 "altcoins" by the end of 2019.
HansWermhat

Activity: 50

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 08:05:22 PM

All coins have different uses, and they breed innovation. Saying why do altcoins have any use is like saying why have other internet providers when we have AOL?
3kpk3

Activity: 966
Merit: 149

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 08:15:52 PM

I think that the future of altcoins is completely based on the future of bitcoin. As long as bitcoin exists, most legit altcoins will continue surviving. There are so many altcoins with potential real life use cases which means they will surely survive for a long time according to me.

████████████████████     BitList     ████████████████████
Real-Time Data Tracking Curated by The Community
│     List #kycfree Websites     │
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 08:51:15 PM

seems like a lot of people are believing in it!

Nowadays, it's not very easy to trust people and so as the products that made by them. It's a matter of time that BTC really crossed the limit and become the first crypto currency that is acceptable and trusted by people. The future of alt coins are the same with BTC with different strategies, framework and marketing.
The future of BTC and altcoins are not the same, each altcoin will have to create their own fate, bitcoin is the coin with the brightest future but that does not mean that other altcoins are not going to become incredibly valuable in the future, coins like Shift, Monero and Waves seem like good bets for those that want to invest in them.
nkarm1

Activity: 306

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 05:15:22 AM

Indeed as the pioner of cryptocurrencies bitcoin has really proved itself to be claimed as the king of cryptocurrencies. With the bright future of bitcoin, it will surely attracts more people and groups to join it. As the bitcoin grows, for sure the competition will still be there. Top coins that competes with the top spot to dethrone bitcoin will ensure the future for altcoins. So altcoins specially those on top spots will have a bright future also for sure, because consumers will always find an alternative to fill the deficiency and drawbacks of each coins.
anzach87

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 06:04:45 AM

As i see many answer cover my opinion about this topic , yes i believe there is some alt coins  has a future but not the future of bitcoin in long term. as the game leader is the one that i believe 99% has a future .
MONERO-ETC is some of them that i believe there is also future on it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 153 »
  Print  

Jump to: