Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:02:36 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do I hold?  (Read 28359 times)
Borisb52

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:55:54 AM

Now we just have to wait. All prices have very strongly subsided. To sell now is a wrong decision. It is necessary to wait until the market stabilizes and growth begins. There is no eternal fall.
wayaneka

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 12:02:58 PM

If you have times for doing day trade you can sell it and buy back at lower price so the amount of your coin will increasing, but if you dont have times for that just hold it for long term  because big chance for cryptocurrency market growing in the long term. This we can see just about 1 % of total people jump in to cryptocurrency now and year by year will be more newcomer jump in to cryptocurrency market.

doreraj

Activity: 173
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 11:11:25 AM

the reason is that you can ever now for 100% when it's start grow
and if the coin has perspective and you know why the market accept it you male hold it in any case

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.networ
costgranda

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:18:11 AM

I think the crypto spring is just around the corner ,and soon there will be growth as last year , do not try to sell at the bottom, because in general, the cryptocurrency is now positive dynamics
clarkt

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:22:17 AM

Holding is last strategy of some sort.  If you are trading a well established coin like ether,  you can sell to buy back even cheaper despite the fact that you have sold at loss.  Bitcoin and ether naturally recover from irrational dump.

miang

Activity: 196
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:01:57 PM

panic is the reason why people are losing money. I will advise you to hold and if you have more fund buying the more. The cryptocurrency market is currently at the infancy stage and age, in years to come we are going to see majority of them trading above 100$ and bitcoin above $10,000. You should not follow trading newbies to trade out of fear and panic but trade based on facts and analysis.
ewonardo

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:24:57 PM

Holding is last strategy of some sort.  If you are trading a well established coin like ether,  you can sell to buy back even cheaper despite the fact that you have sold at loss.  Bitcoin and ether naturally recover from irrational dump.
Holding bitcoin is suitable for a long time not for short time, due to the price of bitcoin goes to increasing for next years in the market.
We can see that in the last years which Bitcoin value have the great prices, so I think that's will be back in the next years.
Mr.John19

Activity: 350
Merit: 109

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:53:15 PM

The purpose why to hold it when values are down its because if you vend at lower than the original price you lose. All the transaction has a free you don't profit on that you lose the small percentages because of the fees on the poloniex . If you hold your altcoin, you still have a chance to make an income from that, but you don't know when it raises again that. That is the risk on the trading.
dodziu

Activity: 473

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:51:02 PM

The situation that brought about that loss should be identified and discover the causes. However, if your findings did not center on the coin involved directly and the coin is still sort to have a  future rewarding one, you may likely hold and still be patient for a long period. The price might pick back and be better rewarding in future
Lionel

Activity: 613
Merit: 305

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:26:16 PM

I have recently took investing on poloniex serious. Ever since I've invested the alt coins have been down.

Happened to many.
The price dropped just after they bought.
But the error they do is panic selling to limit the losses.

Which is stupid, considering that you may wait a year and the price will go up again setting a new record, as it happened every year.

This trend will repeat itself every year for decades , and the crypto revolution is just at the beginning.

Selling now is nonsense.
These years are time to buy
ewonardo

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:40:10 PM

Of course, we should hold Bitcoin because currently the price of Bitcoin in market very low and it can increase so more in near future.
I believe the price of Bitcoin will increase again like the last years at the end of 2017. Keep hold our balance for long term.
FoBoT

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:28:22 PM

The best belt for you is to hold especially if not that the project team had totally stopped and adequately wait for another price hyke. In case of another time or in order to ensure safety of the next business, never concentrate your total capital package in just one type of coin. share among like three or more This shall critically take care of the future prospects, since not all the coins shall simultaneously crash out.
Aneuk cabang

Activity: 242
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:37:17 PM

I have recently took investing on poloniex serious. Ever since I've invested the alt coins have been down. Do the amount of coins I posses go up if I stay. Also, do I have to wait for the coins to go back to their original price that I bought fo in order to make a profit? What are the reasons to holding if prices are down? Thank-you.

yeah, i advice you to hold every coin you have for now. the price is still fluctuating now, when bitcoin price got stabilized it all on you.
redhondaxrm125

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:42:49 PM

The purpose why to hold it when values are down its because if you vend at lower than the original price you lose. All the transaction has a free you don't profit on that you lose the small percentages because of the fees on the poloniex . If you hold your altcoin, you still have a chance to make an income from that, but you don't know when it raises again that. That is the risk on the trading.

That is correct. There really can never be an assurance that you will gain profits when you trade. This is why a lot of investors lose a lot of capital while others gain thousands if not millions in their investments. The thing that a person must do in this case is to just hold. If you are already in a place where your losses are very big, why sell your coins when you have researched about it thoroughly and believed in it which is why you invested? Might as well go all in and hope that you win the gamble.
parthgajjar

Activity: 273
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:25:01 PM

I have recently took investing on poloniex serious. Ever since I've invested the alt coins have been down. Do the amount of coins I posses go up if I stay. Also, do I have to wait for the coins to go back to their original price that I bought fo in order to make a profit? What are the reasons to holding if prices are down? Thank-you.

can see that the market in recent days is constantly fluctuating and extremely complex, bitcoin prices in the past few days are constantly decreasing, so I think you should sell and should not continue to keep bitcoin, will extremely dangerous. I think at this point you should cut losses and wait to buy back bitcoin at a better price.
ArifNewaz

Activity: 172
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:52:25 PM

I am sorry guys, but HODLing is some of the most stupid advises you can give....
bilyboy

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:57:06 PM

The best thing that you can do is probably hold it. And don't let your emotions drive you. Even if the price is going down, hold it even more. Until such time your awaits would finally over you can decide it to trade now or waits cause you don't want money, your decision would be goes up and up the price.
bilyboy

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:01:52 PM

I am sorry guys, but HODLing is some of the most stupid advises you can give....

So you want to say trade better than hold ?. I tell you, if you not enough experience in trading, you can loss your money. Because trading have much risk compare hold it. Day by day, price has been change. So if you can predict, you can got loss. I recommend to hold until price going up to 30% from your capital.
Lionel

Activity: 613
Merit: 305

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:10:40 PM

So you want to say trade better than hold ?. I tell you, if you not enough experience in trading, you can loss your money. Because trading have much risk compare hold it. Day by day, price has been change. So if you can predict, you can got loss. I recommend to hold until price going up to 30% from your capital.

@ArifNewaz No, daytrading is stupid when applied to crypto.
These years we learned that hodling long-term proved to be the only profitable strategy.

If you buy crypto, you should be aware that you can only make profit one year later, if not more

Ok there are times when you are lucky and you buy at the lowest price, and sell high a few weeks after; but those lucky episodes won't happen frequently to you.
xSkylarx

Activity: 2352
Merit: 594

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 03:38:19 AM

Well, this is the most funny opinion I've ever read on this forum. For you information, hodling doesn't sound so bad all of the times, there are times that you hold for good, and you hold that is why you lose some profits, but if we are going to look for it in the long run, hodling is the best idea than selling it whenever you like. Maybe you have experienced hodling your coins and you lost your profits, but that doesn't mean it will always happen to you when you are going to hold again.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: