Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:55:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do I hold?  (Read 28359 times)
jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 03:49:39 PM

I have recently took investing on poloniex serious. Ever since I've invested the alt coins have been down. Do the amount of coins I posses go up if I stay. Also, do I have to wait for the coins to go back to their original price that I bought fo in order to make a profit? What are the reasons to holding if prices are down? Thank-you.

Long term investment is really effective. Hold your coins because for sure in the future it will become more valuable. If we have a lot of patience we can generate mo re profit. Holding is really a great factor to earn big amount of profits.
Holding bitcoin for long time run, I think it is a good idea. Because bitcoin value is continuously increasing when time comes past. Hoping that this opportunity will never ends for now.

Bitcoin is an long term investment and you cannot expect to become rich with it overnight as to make money from it you should have patience and self discipline to hold it longer as price is going higher and if you hold for next 5 to 6 years then you will be making huge profits from it but if you are happy with price then you can sell some of it to collect the profits.
Yep! I don’t think so dealing with bitcoins is that hard or problematic. All depends on the investor and his/her nature. If one has big dreams and want a royal life, he/she should keep holding bitcoins for at least next 5 years. But if the person is satisfied with his/her financial condition, he/she can collect profits at every pump.

Yes correct.Sold your bitcoin,only you want money .Only for the emergency cases sell the coin.Hold till the maximum price it reached.Many had a idea of investing
in gold rather then the bitcoin by considering the value.Since the holding bitcoin is greater then a gold.What I am saying is,with the profit from bitcoin you can brought some percentage of gold.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 11:11:49 PM

It depends on you and you coin that you are holding.If the coin that you are holding is potential and has a good future, has a good team, has real life use then I would say just hold.holding alt coin is my favorite hobby.every year I try to hold some new ALT coin and I may able to earn good profit from them.So holding is also a good way for earning money.

I believe that holding altcoin too long is very risky as you never know when the price of altcoin will crash and how long it will take its price to recover back so its good to sell them off when you are making good profits and buy them back when price drops and when it comes to bitcoins I prefer to hold it for a long term to make higher profits in future.
If Bitcoin in future have can growth to the moon, the altcoin market will growth too. This situation very reasonable because most investor want buy Bitcoin because they hope can earn money from Bitcoin, then they will know beyond holding Bitcoin still have many type investment can helps us get rich fast than holding Bitcoin.

If you want to become rich in future then investing in right altcoin is the key to success as the growth of altcoin is too high in compare to bitcoins and with bitcoins you need to wait for a very long time to make huge profits from it and not all have that high level of patience to hold bitcoins for a very long term.
This is the truth, bitcoin is great but if you want to make huge profits then you have no other option but to invest in altcoins, this is why a lot of people compare bitcoin to gold, altcoins are unstable but if you are a skilled trader then you can make money with them, but once you got your profits you move your money to bitcoin and hold it there, the fact that you can also get some profits by holding long term is an added bonus.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 12:40:33 AM

First thing you need to know before investing in some altcoin is how this coin work and their development on the future, i you choose Wisely then if the coin price go down its nothing to worry about, because coin with good development their price always go up every year..

Yes that's true, you need to know first about those things when you will invest in alt coins. But in bitcoin, you have to make sure that you have goal with it and as you hold, the longer the better. It's a good practice that you don't panic anymore, just keep on holding and you don't have to rush things because it will only lead you to panic.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 03:25:35 AM

First thing you need to know before investing in some altcoin is how this coin work and their development on the future, i you choose Wisely then if the coin price go down its nothing to worry about, because coin with good development their price always go up every year..

Yes that's true, you need to know first about those things when you will invest in alt coins. But in bitcoin, you have to make sure that you have goal with it and as you hold, the longer the better. It's a good practice that you don't panic anymore, just keep on holding and you don't have to rush things because it will only lead you to panic.
panic sell does make people very difficult to hold the bitcoin they have. even more so if the price drops so fast. The key to it is not to panic. well, it will make a lot of money in the future. so stick with it, and do not panic because of the price drop. believe me, that bitcoin prices will go up.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 04:42:04 AM

panic sell does make people very difficult to hold the bitcoin they have. even more so if the price drops so fast. The key to it is not to panic. well, it will make a lot of money in the future. so stick with it, and do not panic because of the price drop. believe me, that bitcoin prices will go up.

It is difficult to hold bitcoin and that's why it makes a lot of people to hold some more. And when you do panic selling you can't get back to what it used to be and that will be the time of your hardship to hold bitcoin and at the very end. This is the challenge when we are holding bitcoin to avoid and don't panic and if you overcome this for sure you will be one of those lucky people to hold.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
stepwilli

Activity: 1042
Merit: 273

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 06:20:17 AM

I have recently took investing on poloniex serious. Ever since I've invested the alt coins have been down. Do the amount of coins I posses go up if I stay. Also, do I have to wait for the coins to go back to their original price that I bought fo in order to make a profit? What are the reasons to holding if prices are down? Thank-you.

Long term investment is really effective. Hold your coins because for sure in the future it will become more valuable. If we have a lot of patience we can generate mo re profit. Holding is really a great factor to earn big amount of profits.
Holding bitcoin for long time run, I think it is a good idea. Because bitcoin value is continuously increasing when time comes past. Hoping that this opportunity will never ends for now.

Bitcoin is an long term investment and you cannot expect to become rich with it overnight as to make money from it you should have patience and self discipline to hold it longer as price is going higher and if you hold for next 5 to 6 years then you will be making huge profits from it but if you are happy with price then you can sell some of it to collect the profits.
Yep! I don’t think so dealing with bitcoins is that hard or problematic. All depends on the investor and his/her nature. If one has big dreams and want a royal life, he/she should keep holding bitcoins for at least next 5 years. But if the person is satisfied with his/her financial condition, he/she can collect profits at every pump.
Yes! All decisions ultimately related to the nature and financial position of the traders. Bitcoins are so far the most easily handled crypto currency. There is nothing complicated in dealing with bitcoins, a simple strategy of holing them for long period can make you rich without any hard efforts. You just need to be patient with bitcoins.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 07:15:57 AM

Yes! All decisions ultimately related to the nature and financial position of the traders. Bitcoins are so far the most easily handled crypto currency. There is nothing complicated in dealing with bitcoins, a simple strategy of holing them for long period can make you rich without any hard efforts. You just need to be patient with bitcoins.
Bitcoin can make us rich without holding it for long term but it needs a little effort and also time and that is trading bitcoin or using bitcoin to trade altcoin. It is a faster way for me to become rich because most of the friends in trading already got their dream car or if not a dream car, they already built their own house and that is what i like to have so i am more into trading than holding it for long term.
henmark

Activity: 783
Merit: 270

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:23:11 AM

While holding bitcoin for a long time might be a reasonable idea, it is also a very risky one as you can lose a lot of money if the market should ever crash, you should only do this after lot of research.
notyours

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:57:03 AM

We can get hold of it because when we sell it to the fall price we are losing money. Why are we trading? Of course because we are buying Altcoins and being sold at high prices instead?

But if you're really hopeless and you find it better to be able to quickly cut your losses into a single currency you can sell for yourself.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 04:31:31 PM

While holding bitcoin for a long time might be a reasonable idea, it is also a very risky one as you can lose a lot of money if the market should ever crash, you should only do this after lot of research.

Well if we're talking about risks, holding poses a lower risk rate than actively trading which may have a lot of factors affecting the outcome. When you hold, basically you're letting the price work for you. It may not be as quick in profit like aggressive trading but it's a lot more safer

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..███████████████████████████████
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 04:51:24 PM

we all have difference belief when it comes of crypto currencies some of us we secured our profit and exchange it into fiat since we have too much expectation about bitcoin price don't follow the others about the suggestion always follow your heart as long as you can get another profit then better to withdraw and spend them to emergency cases By holding investments then you should choose the altcoins that will increase with in a week.
It is not advisable to be panicked and impatient with bitcoins. This will simply put you in loss. Bitcoins do sometimes dump hard but instead of taking stress, treat it as an opportunity of buying more bitcoins for future purpose. Bitcoins are the future of the world and will soon be legal around the globe then why we need to think about selling it.

No one can hold all this earning/investments as life may demand something time to time. We must try to save as much as possible as "saving always works" for better future.
Golden advise brother, I also think that bitcoin is the future of our world, right now I’m always finding a good ways to buy bitcoin or to earn bitcoin, but you know this world full of bad peoples, they always use bitcoin in crimes and other corruption stuff and because of this bitcoin become irrelevant in society, but I hope bitcoin assistants must take some serious steps to make bitcoin legal in world.

It seems to me that it is not necessary that bitcoin become legalized in the world. He develops well without it. Maybe because the government has a meager influence on it, bitcoin has become so popular.
In the next few years bitcoin will rise in price and become more popular
Bitcoin will be legalize and they already seen the potencial of it and people influence people  they just invite them to use bitcoin because they'd knew what bitcoin can make their life easier when they use it well butcoin is already popular and bitcoin price changes every time by time bitcoin is the future of new technology that they build to make our life style become more easier to live
BartS

Merit: 255

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 10:11:28 PM

The longer you hold the less chances that you are going to sell in panic your bitcoin, I have been holding for a year, the price of bitcoin could go below of 2000 and I will be in profit, so I do not care too much about the movement of bitcoin and when a another year passes and the price of bitcoin is even higher then the less I’m going to worry about my bitcoin holdings.
2tang

Activity: 1414
Merit: 259

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 10:20:22 PM

because I am still learning about this, so I just trade with the coins I get from bounty and have not bought much altcoin in the market yet, I keep holding the coins still raw and still in development stage, especially thread ann are still crowded. If there is no discussion and dev does not give further announcement then surely I will sell the coins.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 10:35:31 PM

because I am still learning about this, so I just trade with the coins I get from bounty and have not bought much altcoin in the market yet, I keep holding the coins still raw and still in development stage, especially thread ann are still crowded. If there is no discussion and dev does not give further announcement then surely I will sell the coins.
Great strategy and that is what you really need when you are getting some altcoins from the bounty campaigns in altcoin section. Just keep holding it as long as the developers are making moves to improve their coin because if the development will become successful then it is a great boost for the price and you will earn more money from your holdings.
fredo123

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 01:50:09 PM

Because I'm still a beginner i don't have anything to hold, however if i have bitcoin.. i prefer to hold if there's no necessary things to use it.. One big reason of holding, is to find the best price value in the market before selling.. who knows the final value could reach up to 10x folds of its original value.. Wow that's better.. Smiley
FLoving

Activity: 1022
Merit: 521

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 02:19:28 PM

Yes I also have calculated that if a person will hold bitcoin for that much time then he will be a very lucky person and will have money for buying anything for his/her happy life as in the previous one year the price of bitcoin increased too much which have already made many people rich.
Pakboy

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

"Proof-of-Asset Protocol"

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 02:51:16 PM

Holding is more effective to earn more money. You need to wait to the right time to sell all of your coins. In holding, we need a lot of patience for us to earn many money. If the price of the coin that we are holding is go down, we don't need to panic because for sure it will rise up again.

Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 02:59:09 PM

I am assuming that you have invested based on your research and if that is the case then you should hold it for some more time. Ultimately it depends on your risk profile that up to what extent, you are ready to bear the loss.

I remember a few years ago, I made an investment in one alt-coin and within a week I was in 35% loss but as the amount was low and there was a research behind that investment decision, I decided to hold it. Then in few days, I not only covered the loss but also made 10%+ profit without changing anything in that investment. However, each case is different and should be assessed with a different approach.
Cosbycoin

Merit: 506

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 06:53:59 PM

I am assuming that you have invested based on your research and if that is the case then you should hold it for some more time. Ultimately it depends on your risk profile that up to what extent, you are ready to bear the loss.

I remember a few years ago, I made an investment in one alt-coin and within a week I was in 35% loss but as the amount was low and there was a research behind that investment decision, I decided to hold it. Then in few days, I not only covered the loss but also made 10%+ profit without changing anything in that investment. However, each case is different and should be assessed with a different approach.
I always suggest holding coins when they are in dumping phases because it is pretty obvious in the crypto market trend that the dumps are followed by pumps. I will also recommend him holding his coins in wallet and forget them for some time. This will help him to stay calm and ultimately he will end up with profit.
strunberg

Activity: 1316
Merit: 324

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2017, 07:06:27 PM

I always suggest holding coins when they are in dumping phases because it is pretty obvious in the crypto market trend that the dumps are followed by pumps. I will also recommend him holding his coins in wallet and forget them for some time. This will help him to stay calm and ultimately he will end up with profit.

And even today price has come down so its not the right time to sell as it will surely affect your profits if you don't hold and sell at this stage and everyone is hoping to see higher price in coming months so its always good to hold your coins till it reaches to the maximum value.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: