Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:14:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain looks like they're releasing a 15GH/s DASH miner called the AntMiner D3  (Read 299604 times)
dominic25

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

Don

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 02:13:24 PM

I am in the retail jewelry business where you have to beg people to buy. Bitmain is in the business where we all want to throw them money and they do not have enough supply. Must be nice  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
buggy166

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 02:21:23 PM

I am in the retail jewelry business where you have to beg people to buy. Bitmain is in the business where we all want to throw them money and they do not have enough supply. Must be nice  Smiley

they have enough supply but these are money printing machines. They make more cash by using it themselves. Only sell when it reaches saturation + peak level mining starts a downward trend.

if your jewelery made more money than what they were sold for at retail, it would be a booming business. hehe
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 03:01:23 PM

I am in the retail jewelry business where you have to beg people to buy. Bitmain is in the business where we all want to throw them money and they do not have enough supply. Must be nice  Smiley

You have to keep in mind there are huge boom and bust cycles here. So demand is high today because the numbers look good, but it changes fast. They know this is the case so they are making the most of this cycle. But just as fast as it went up it will go down and we will be back to grinding out a few bucks a day per miner.

Not nearly as many people clamoring to sink thousands of dollars on equipment when the ROI is well over a year or more and new equipment shows up making your investment obsolete before you ROI. So we have to keep a clear frame of reference beyond the "now".
CryptoCrane (OP)

Activity: 384
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2017, 03:36:48 PM

I *may* have found an image for the D3. Notice the extended height similar to the L3+, but with 3 hashing boards instead of 4 and with 3 power connectors on each hashing board. It was being used as a thumbnail and I assumed it was just the L3+ image they had been using earlier, but I noticed that the ribbon cables looked different. Unfortunately, the "name" is out of focus and the image isn't very high quality.

Albortz

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Tax Attorney - Investor - Entrepreneur

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 03:49:43 PM

I think its safe to say the D3 ill look like the S9 or L3+ simply because the design is tested (fans, boards etc)

If its 3 or 4 boards I don't really care tbh. The size will be the same anyway

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
bubislav

Activity: 395
Merit: 102

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 06:24:29 PM

Ill buy one .... even with that dates shipping i think roi should be good Cheesy
or maybe should i buy 2 ?

HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2017, 06:35:57 PM

I finally got the e-mail with title "BITMAIN Order Paid".
A long time after I paid successfully my 1x D3 using Bitcoin, I was already wondering if there is some problem.

wolf_miner
Legendary

Activity: 1018
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 06:51:10 PM

Hi, I hope in D miner series with R design, more silent ad adapt to work in home environment.

W_M
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 11:06:22 PM

Hi, I hope in D miner series with R design, more silent ad adapt to work in home environment.

W_M

Given the design, it should be very close to the same noise level as the L3+ and pretty close to the S9/T9/S7 on noise.

It's NOT a "designed to be quiet" design like the R4.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
shaninium

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 11:20:03 PM

Prob Quieter then 16 original giants though

kimmy724

Activity: 143
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 11:21:59 PM

It really sucks when they are short of supply. This miner is really worth investing. I will wait for the next batch and be sure to have funds for purchasing this.

BenRickert

Merit: 110

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 11:33:26 PM

" If it seems to good to be true, it is." Folks need to get their feet back on the ground. It's just not realistic to expect to be able to make $80,000.00 per year from these units. Not even 1/10th of that. If you receive these units after October, you will be facing 10 Million in difficulty. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but come on. Think about it. S-9's are netting around $300.00 per month per unit. This is what you can anticipate from these X11 miners. They are "commercial grade" rigs and their effect on the networks will be gargantuan. There will be a lucky few that will get them first but their dreams will be short lived. At least their machines will be paid for in short order.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
tw0rak

Activity: 600
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 01:01:43 AM

" If it seems to good to be true, it is." Folks need to get their feet back on the ground. It's just not realistic to expect to be able to make $80,000.00 per year from these units. Not even 1/10th of that. If you receive these units after October, you will be facing 10 Million in difficulty. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but come on. Think about it. S-9's are netting around $300.00 per month per unit. This is what you can anticipate from these X11 miners. They are "commercial grade" rigs and their effect on the networks will be gargantuan. There will be a lucky few that will get them first but their dreams will be short lived. At least their machines will be paid for in short order.

Said people during first batches l3+ too.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 01:41:38 AM

That's why it's imperative for early adopters of the first batch to mine as soon as they get the miners. During the first few days profits will be very large but will decrease exponentially. Nobody expects to make enough for an early retirement from these but you will still be making good $$$. X11 is currently an arms race and these may possibly become outdated quick, although this may be untrue.
BenRickert

Merit: 110

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 02:03:47 AM

As of now only two batches have been shipped. Watch the numbers after Sept Oct, when the consecutive tranches hit the Mining farms. Just bumped over 300k for the first time LTC. 

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
CryptoCrane (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2017, 03:36:03 AM

That's why it's imperative for early adopters of the first batch to mine as soon as they get the miners. During the first few days profits will be very large but will decrease exponentially. Nobody expects to make enough for an early retirement from these but you will still be making good $$$. X11 is currently an arms race and these may possibly become outdated quick, although this may be untrue.

Ahhh, reminds me of the good ol' days when I got my first-batch KNCMiner Jupiter. I was mining 1.5btc/day, but the difficulty was jumping 20-40% every adjustment. It was stressful to watch, but I still tripled my investment before selling the device for a profit. Just like the L3+, the D3 will be a HOT commodity with those mining from the first few batches reaping most of the profits. Of course, anyone who looks at how many bitcoins each S9 batch has mined knows that even the batches that were released 6-months after launch have already earned more bitcoin than they originally costed. People were saying similar things back then about how the S9 would never be profitable past the first few batches.

shaninium

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 03:42:13 AM

Thats cause ltc price exploded and was cheap pre l3+, dash will go up prob but not as drastically as ltc did

Bitfort

Activity: 952
Merit: 339

invest trade and gamble wisely

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 03:45:37 AM

Ahhh, reminds me of the good ol' days when I got my first-batch KNCMiner Jupiter. I was mining 1.5btc/day, but the difficulty was jumping 20-40% every adjustment. It was stressful to watch, but I still tripled my investment before selling the device for a profit. Just like the L3+, the D3 will be a HOT commodity with those mining from the first few batches reaping most of the profits. Of course, anyone who looks at how many bitcoins each S9 batch has mined knows that even the batches that were released 6-months after launch have already earned more bitcoin than they originally costed. People were saying similar things back then about how the S9 would never be profitable past the first few batches.

Yeah, S9 for sure. Not speaking of S7. Those were also said (time ago) to not be profitable soon but still are.

But 15 Ghs  X11  Shocked ...  Damn, what a beast. IMO would be great investment. I'm seriously thinking to buy some once they will be available.

MY HINTs
◄M► MINING
◄G► GAMBLING
◄E► EXCHANGE

◄E► (KCS) Kucoin-Staking, Auto-Lending, Trading-Bot
◄E► (BNB) Binance-Staking, Savings, 10% RefBack
◄E► (TRX) Poloniex-Staking, Lending, Fee Discount
◄E► (LEO) Bitfinex-Staking, Auto-Lending

◄G► Betfury-Faucet, Dividend Earnings (BFG holders, mine BFG by playing)
◄G► Bitvest -  Faucet, Bankroll Invest
◄G► CryptoGames-Faucet, Lotto
◄G► PrimeDice-Faucet

◄M► Prohashing (Multipool)-Payout in any coin, get 0.50% bonus for 30 days
◄M► MiningRigRentals (Marketplace)-buy hashrate or rent your miners
◄M► Viabtc  (Pool)-payout to Coinex (exchnage) without fees

CryptoCrane (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2017, 04:03:31 AM

Bitmain just replaced the L3+ image with this for the D3:

VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2017, 05:46:27 AM

What was original batch shipping date?

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: