Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:54:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain looks like they're releasing a 15GH/s DASH miner called the AntMiner D3  (Read 299576 times)
GoatFellas

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 06:43:33 PM

omg I need power supply. I have ordered D3 in previos batch.

FYI: Use this link (still not accessible at the moment, but may be a 'back door' after the site is back up again): https://shop.bitmain.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020170802143751593t5IHEi4Q0667

I was able to buy one using this link a few hours ago...

How the hell did you find this?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dexterqo

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 06:53:22 PM

FYI: Use this link (still not accessible at the moment, but may be a 'back door' after the site is back up again): https://shop.bitmain.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020170802143751593t5IHEi4Q0667

you really help me with this link today, bro. I ordered today one for me and my  colleague ordered 6 for himself.
GoatFellas

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 06:55:46 PM

you really help me with this link today, bro. I ordered today one for me and my  colleague ordered 6 for himself.

So I guess it's a scam because you emphasized two times now how helpful it was... I think in your first post you wrote about 6 items you ordered, now it is your friend...

EDIT: Sorry, same story both times
Dexterqo

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 07:05:51 PM

So I guess it's a scam because you emphasized two times now how helpful it was... I think in your first post you wrote about 6 items you ordered, now it is your friend...

Nope. I'm just really thankfull for it. Nothing more. First we wanted to do one order for both, but then I was buy one for me and paid via BTC and then he bought 6 for himself and paid via US wire.
This is my:
https://i.imgur.com/rKImV9w.jpg
GoatFellas

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 07:10:46 PM

Nope. I'm just really thankfull for it. Nothing more. First we wanted to do one order for both, but then I was buy one for me and paid via BTC and then he bought 6 for himself and paid via US wire.
This is my:
https://i.imgur.com/rKImV9w.jpg

Sorry then, one has to be careful with those things Smiley
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 8906

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 07:13:01 PM

Damn, I'm sorry you're so jaded about the world that you fail to see normalcy in it. Being a cynic can be an awful burden.

A meetup in a person is pretty obvious, a starbucks, a bank, any public place. How would this not help out the buyer? Kind of confirms everything and makes sure things are on the up and up.

My post on August 7th was with regards to the issue of my wire showing as PAYING and one showing as PAID, so I wanted to know if someone had more experience when dealing with the Bitmain website direclty.

The preorder resale nonsense might not be ideal for you, but its market economics. The market determines the validity of price.

I just find it odd, that no matter whatever form of assurance I've provided you seem inept at understanding the fact that I'm new to this as a whole. I just have the ability to get the product, I dont even know how to join a pool and will probably post and ask for help when I in fact receive the miners.

This forum is suppose to be a means of helping people, but you clearly have taken issue with something that was neither malicious or dubious in my posting.

Having the ability to be allotted 11 miners before the general public release is in a way helpful to those people who dont want to deal with the hassle of this entire barbaric process thus I've offered my service and price.

I don't care about pre-orders, to each their own. However I do have an issue with lying noobs like you spamming dangerous pre-order RESALE offers. You can either go back to marketplace (or craigslist or fucking ebay) where you belong and stay there, or accept the fact that your harebrained scheme is going to be ridiculed here. And no, the fact that mods don't give a shit doesn't mean you get a free pass.

LGBlockOps

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 07:21:36 PM

EDIT: Sorry, same story both times

This is definitely not a scam. I found it on twitter here: https://twitter.com/edwardgrubb3rd/status/893643484837494784

I ordered using the link and the order shows up alongside the rest of my bitmain order history, so I know it's the bonafide bitmain website.
willywonkaaa

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 07:23:36 PM

Damn, I'm sorry you're so jaded about the world that you fail to see normalcy in it. Being a cynic can be an awful burden.

A meetup in a person is pretty obvious, a starbucks, a bank, any public place. How would this not help out the buyer? Kind of confirms everything and makes sure things are on the up and up.

My post on August 7th was with regards to the issue of my wire showing as PAYING and one showing as PAID, so I wanted to know if someone had more experience when dealing with the Bitmain website direclty.

The preorder resale nonsense might not be ideal for you, but its market economics. The market determines the validity of price.

I just find it odd, that no matter whatever form of assurance I've provided you seem inept at understanding the fact that I'm new to this as a whole. I just have the ability to get the product, I dont even know how to join a pool and will probably post and ask for help when I in fact receive the miners.

This forum is suppose to be a means of helping people, but you clearly have taken issue with something that was neither malicious or dubious in my posting.

Having the ability to be allotted 11 miners before the general public release is in a way helpful to those people who dont want to deal with the hassle of this entire barbaric process thus I've offered my service and price.

I don't care about pre-orders, to each their own. However I do have an issue with lying noobs like you spamming dangerous pre-order RESALE offers. You can either go back to marketplace (or craigslist or fucking ebay) where you belong and stay there, or accept the fact that your harebrained scheme is going to be ridiculed here. And no, the fact that mods don't give a shit doesn't mean you get a free pass.

Uh ohh someone got triggered pretty hard there. Listen dont be jealous that I have access to something you dont as a "newb". Anyways I see you're in socal so am I. I'm in the OC area maybe we can get a drink and discuss cryptos in general and I'll show you in person proof as you seem to be so skeptical. First round at Mesa on me

▄▄▄    B2BX - FIRST LEGAL INSTITUTIONAL CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE    ▄▄▄ 
//  JOIN ICO  //  2nd Oct 2017  //
▄▄▄  WHITEPAPER  ▄  FACEBOOK  ▄  TELEGRAM   ▄  BITCOINTALK  ▄  TWITTER  ▄▄▄

csgura

Activity: 13

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 07:27:52 PM

hi,
My bitmain Aug 3 order went expired and unpaid today.  I wired my money 3 days before and posted proof of wire to my order.  Does anyone know how long Bitmain takes to credit to my account?  I am nerves I had to borrow money to pay for this.  I just do not want to lose money completely.
GoatFellas

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 07:30:47 PM

hi,
My bitmain Aug 3 order went expired and unpaid today.  I wired my money 3 days before and posted proof of wire to my order.  Does anyone know how long Bitmain takes to credit to my account?  I am nerves I had to borrow money to pay for this.  I just do not want to lose money completely.

As long as you uploaded the proof you should be okay, they are not as strict as they seem I think.
GoatFellas

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 07:37:15 PM

There is an other question I got concerning the whole bitmain thing:

Some people say, that Bitmain uses the devices themselves before selling them (or at least give them to some related companies before the private customers get them).
If so, theoretically, the Hashrate should not increase at all, right? It should drop when they get their miners shipped and increase to the same level again when all shippings arrive and the devices are pluged in again?

What stands against this theory is the estimated number of devices in one batch:
Total hashrate of X11 is aprox. 15 TH/s by now, which would mean 1000 D3 miners. But people are talking about much higher selling numbers.

Maybe it is some middle way: Like for example they sold 10000 pieces of which 3333 where already mining before. So the hasrate would triple.

Does anyone have an idea on how this could work?
csgura

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 07:43:03 PM

Any idea why last Aug 3 batch Bitmain originally announced L3+.  At the time of order I could not even add L3+ to order.  Bitmain was so slow 2 am PST.  Any idea why L3+ has such a large demand even though ROI is lot longer than D3?  Why such demand for L3+?
GoatFellas

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 07:48:48 PM

Any idea why last Aug 3 batch Bitmain originally announced L3+.  At the time of order I could not even add L3+ to order.  Bitmain was so slow 2 am PST.  Any idea why L3+ has such a large demand even though ROI is lot longer than D3?  Why such demand for L3+?

I guess because total hashrate compared to what a L3+ brings is very high and it is much more spread between different coins. So the calculated profitability is much more realistic than that for D3.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 08:16:16 PM

Some people say, that Bitmain uses the devices themselves before selling them (or at least give them to some related companies before the private customers get them).
If so, theoretically, the Hashrate should not increase at all, right? It should drop when they get their miners shipped and increase to the same level again when all shippings arrive and the devices are pluged in again?

What stands against this theory is the estimated number of devices in one batch:
Total hashrate of X11 is aprox. 15 TH/s by now, which would mean 1000 D3 miners. But people are talking about much higher selling numbers.

Maybe it is some middle way: Like for example they sold 10000 pieces of which 3333 where already mining before. So the hasrate would triple.

The ones they're selling now probably haven't even been manufactured yet. It might make sense for Bitmain to mine for themselves for a few weeks but it also makes more sense for them to sell those miners BEFORE they're added to the network so that profitability calculation would look better at the time of purchase. Sell today, start mining next week, ship next month seems to be the model. So the hashrate will grow.

LTC hashrate went up 10 TH/s or 20k L3+ units in 4 months. It stands to reason that Bitmain is capable of adding 20k D3 units to the network over the next 4 months and they'll just play around with sale timing, prices, delivery dates to maintain the suspense.
Trade_BTC

Activity: 785
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 08:41:20 PM

The ones they're selling now probably haven't even been manufactured yet. It might make sense for Bitmain to mine for themselves for a few weeks but it also makes more sense for them to sell those miners BEFORE they're added to the network so that profitability calculation would look better at the time of purchase. Sell today, start mining next week, ship next month seems to be the model. So the hashrate will grow.

LTC hashrate went up 10 TH/s or 20k L3+ units in 4 months. It stands to reason that Bitmain is capable of adding 20k D3 units to the network over the next 4 months and they'll just play around with sale timing, prices, delivery dates to maintain the suspense.

Historically... is it possible the September batches will ship early or more likely later than stated? I'm just curious if early shipment has been predominant or late ships.
thesavoyard

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 08:53:55 PM

Bitmain tests their product for sure. The only people saying they or every manufacturer mines with their product are Baikal shills. They are trying to cover up the fact Baikal is selling a used product, that will very soon be obsolete.

ProsperousWealth

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 08:59:51 PM

I'm sure many are in the same boat, I woke up at 3:40am to be ready for the 4am release time of the D3 last night, spent 30 min furiously pressing F5 to no avail then went back to bed. I'm glad todays restart is at a more reasonable time in my time zone.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 09:24:13 PM

Historically... is it possible the September batches will ship early or more likely later than stated? I'm just curious if early shipment has been predominant or late ships.

The D3 being a new product and all - anything can happen. I don't think historic references would help much. Two years ago early S7 batches were delayed for weeks, ended up downclocked etc. S9 last year seemed to have a smoother start. Not sure about L3+, I skipped early batches and the later ones were ok.
Trade_BTC

Activity: 785
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 09:29:11 PM

The D3 being a new product and all - anything can happen. I don't think historic references would help much. Two years ago early S7 batches were delayed for weeks, ended up downclocked etc. S9 last year seemed to have a smoother start. Not sure about L3+, I skipped early batches and the later ones were ok.

Ok thank you I guess just hoping for best outcome at this stage.
csgura

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 09:39:18 PM

I guess because total hashrate compared to what a L3+ brings is very high and it is much more spread between different coins. So the calculated profitability is much more realistic than that for D3.

What do you mean by L3+ Litecoin hasrate is spread over different coins?  Which coins?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: