Bitcoin Forum
December 11, 2017, 08:12:39 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 286 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain looks like they're releasing a 15GH/s DASH miner called the AntMiner D3  (Read 262594 times)
Tai_Pan

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 08:36:14 PM

I managed to get 2 D3 and 2 PSU on the beggining pf August batch.
I'll soon pay them with wire.
Hope it goes well....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptotore

Activity: 270

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 10:55:29 PM

That's the way it should work, but most countries don't allow most deductions. France won't let me deduct anything without a SARL. A French limited liability company.

Kinda makes me worried, its not like I've asked. Well I asked many years ago how to pay taxes on mining, still no answer.

They came with guidelines this year, basically saying:

"If you have sold bitcoins which you own, or have mined during the year, you should calculate profits or losses when selling bitcoins, and pay/deduct 28% tax on it"

Thats it.
bitenator

Activity: 13

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 08:08:33 AM

Hi guys
Who does know how December DashCore 12.3 Release will affect mining?
CryptoCrane

Activity: 295

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2017, 12:12:49 PM

Hi guys

It doesn't look like it will have any affect on mining. Here's the details: https://github.com/dashpay/dash-roadmap/blob/master/README.md

Sigizmund

Activity: 18

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 03:08:45 PM

Hi. Does anyone knows when next batch will be available?
Longsnowsm

Activity: 686

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 03:16:52 PM

Hi guys

It doesn't look like it will have any affect on mining. Here's the details: https://github.com/dashpay/dash-roadmap/blob/master/README.md

Looks like that was posted June 29th and the announcement of a Dash Labs which will focus on open source hardware ASIC's.  So that is an interesting development.  I wonder where they are in the development of that. 
GröBkAz

Activity: 658

GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 03:21:19 PM

D3 looks very promising... missed this batch..

good luck to those who are generating enormous profit......

when can we expect next batch?

████
             ███  ███
           ████     ███
         ███  ███    ███
       ████     ███    ███
     ███  ███     ███    ███
   ████     ███     ███   ██
 ███  ███     █████████████████
███     ███     ███           ██
 ███      ███     ██          ██
   ███      ██████████      ███
     ███      ██████      ███
       ███      ██      ███
         ███          ███
           ███      ███
             ███  ███
               ████

GUTS
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

smart-ticket protocol for events
live product with market traction!
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

BTC ANN
  WEBSITE
  BLOG

SANDBOX
  WHITEPAPER
  BOUNTY

coeurdelion

Activity: 11

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 03:30:49 PM

D3 looks very promising... missed this batch..

good luck to those who are generating enormous profit......

when can we expect next batch?

you can buy here but they will be hosted on gigawatt farm ( under construction ) . I don't know if it's a scam or not.

https://www.gigawatt.sg/shop/dash-miners/antminer-d3-dash-miner-batch-4-november/
Mahuro

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 03:38:43 PM

you can buy here but they will be hosted on gigawatt farm ( under construction ) . I don't know if it's a scam or not.

https://www.gigawatt.sg/shop/dash-miners/antminer-d3-dash-miner-batch-4-november/

Bitmain says that "We have never authorized and will not authorize Giga Watt as our official hosting facility or our service center in the USA": https://blog.bitmain.com/en/gigawatt-infringement-announcement/
Ryancope123

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 03:46:50 PM

hi guys, just curious with regards to the warranty if it's valid if i sell my miner after a few months?

CryptoCrane

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2017, 03:59:28 PM

hi guys, just curious with regards to the warranty if it's valid if i sell my miner after a few months?

Bitmain has been hit-or-miss with this policy. They have stated that they don't allow for transferring warranties, but you can usually get service as long as you know the original order number - just don't voluntarily tell them that you purchased it from someone else and you shouldn't have a problem.

Ryancope123

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 04:21:25 PM

Thanks dude Smiley

Tssar

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 05:01:54 PM

Hope it goes well....
I don't think they will be shipping in August?
RealKariverson

Activity: 131

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 05:08:01 PM

Hope it goes well....
I don't think they will be shipping in August?

I guess he means the batch released in August.
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1536

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 05:11:02 PM

Are they announcing when these batches go on sale anywhere?  I think I could risk it at the reduced price if another batch came up with the same shipping time frame.

I'm a fan of self control, but only in moderation.
Longsnowsm

Activity: 686

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 06:32:22 PM

Bitmain has been hit-or-miss with this policy. They have stated that they don't allow for transferring warranties, but you can usually get service as long as you know the original order number - just don't voluntarily tell them that you purchased it from someone else and you shouldn't have a problem.

Unfortunately I have been spending a LOT of UN-QUALITY time with Bitmain through their support for the last 3 MONTHS.  And this information regarding warranty support will not help you.

I purchased some miners through a reseller.  I attempted to get support through Bitmain.  When you open the ticket for support they look up your account info to see if you purchased the miners from them.  The web site immediately tells you that if you proceed any repairs that are done will be done as a charge to you.

The only way to get these covered by warranty is to go back to the person/company you bought the miners from and to have them file the ticket on your behalf and work it that way.  Sadly when I went back to the reseller the Bitmain policy is to require the entire miner to be sent back even though when I talked to Bitmain support the L3 miner did not require the entire miner to go back.  So the policy that Bitmain has with resellers is different than Bitmain directly.

Now all of that being said even if you send the parts directly to Bitmain and pay for the repair the repair cost with Bitmain is very affordable.  And the ability to send back a board or boards and continue to mine with the remaining boards is a bonus.  BUT be prepared that anything that goes back to Bitmain for repair could take a month or longer.  The last couple of repairs took 1.5 month EACH repair. 

So if you are buying from someone you will want to know if they are willing to help you if you need support.  If you bought through a reseller you won't have as many options and likely will have to send the entire miner back.

I hope that helps clarify some of the rules with Bitmain.  Let me know if you have any questions and I will be glad to help.
CryptoCrane

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 02:19:55 AM

Unfortunately I have been spending a LOT of UN-QUALITY time with Bitmain through their support for the last 3 MONTHS.  And this information regarding warranty support will not help you.

I purchased some miners through a reseller.  I attempted to get support through Bitmain.  When you open the ticket for support they look up your account info to see if you purchased the miners from them.  The web site immediately tells you that if you proceed any repairs that are done will be done as a charge to you.

The only way to get these covered by warranty is to go back to the person/company you bought the miners from and to have them file the ticket on your behalf and work it that way.  Sadly when I went back to the reseller the Bitmain policy is to require the entire miner to be sent back even though when I talked to Bitmain support the L3 miner did not require the entire miner to go back.  So the policy that Bitmain has with resellers is different than Bitmain directly.

Now all of that being said even if you send the parts directly to Bitmain and pay for the repair the repair cost with Bitmain is very affordable.  And the ability to send back a board or boards and continue to mine with the remaining boards is a bonus.  BUT be prepared that anything that goes back to Bitmain for repair could take a month or longer.  The last couple of repairs took 1.5 month EACH repair. 

So if you are buying from someone you will want to know if they are willing to help you if you need support.  If you bought through a reseller you won't have as many options and likely will have to send the entire miner back.

I hope that helps clarify some of the rules with Bitmain.  Let me know if you have any questions and I will be glad to help.

It seems like it depends a lot on who you talk to over there. I suppose that's one of the reasons so many people purchase these things on Amazon. Credit cards and 30-day return policies ftw!

MoneyJ

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 03:04:22 AM

The last time that D3 was open for purchase I was able to secure an order of 2 pcs, unfortunately bitcoin payment requires only an hour to wait for the payment . After se0veral withdrawals, my payment did not push through eventually my order got expired. A lesson for me. But I am still ok . I got my btc and had invested somewhere else.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
                      ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
                  ██████                          ██████
               █████                                  █████
             █████                                      █████
           ████                                            ████
         ████                                                ████
       ████                                                    ████
      ████                                                      ████
     ████                                                        ████
    ████                                                          ████
   ████            ███████████████     ███████████████             ████
  ████             ▀ █████████████▌   ▄▀ █████████████▌             ████
 ▐███             ▄▄ ▐█████████████  ███ ▐█████████████              ███▌
 ████            ▐██▌ █████████████▌ ███▌ █████████████▌             ████
 ███             ████ ▐█████████████ ▐███ ▐█████████████              ███
▐███            ▐████▌ █████████████▌ ███▌ █████████████▌             ███▌
▐███            ██████ ▐█████████████ ▐███ ▐█████████████             ███▌
▐███           ▐██████▌ █████████████▌ ███▌ █████████████▌            ███▌
▐███           ████████ ▐█████████████ ▐███ ▐█████████████            ███▌
▐███          ▐████████▌ █████████████▌ ███▌ █████████████▌           ███▌
▐███          ██████████ ▐█████████████ ▐███ ▐█████████████           ███▌
▐███         ▐██████████▌ █████████████▌ ███▌ █████████████▌          ███▌
▐███         ████████████ ▐█████████████ ▐███ ▐█████████████          ███▌
 ███        ▐████████████  █████████████▌ ███  █████████████▌         ███
 ████       █████████████  ▐█████████████ ▐██▌ ▐█████████████        ████
 ▐███      ▐█████████████   █████████████▌ ██   █████████████▌       ███▌
  ████     █████████████▌   ▐█████████████      ▐█████████████      ████
   ████    █████████████     █████████████▌      █████████████▌    ████
    ████                                                          ████
     ████                                                        ████
      ████                                                      ████
       ████                                                   █████
         ████                                                ████
           ████                                            ████
             █████                                      █████
               █████                                  █████
                  ██████                          ██████
                      ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
                          ▀▀███████████████████▀▀

Monaize
|

|

donationbox

Activity: 21

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 03:57:36 AM

I bought a few of D3s from the first batch.  With so much FUD about profitability, what do you think about selling it for $6k or so for instant 100% gain?

You might make more money by running it in the long run, but there will be lot of uncertainties such as difficulty increase and price change of X11 coins, mainly DASH.  It might make sense to just flip it for quick profit for almost no work rather than trying to hodl and mine with it.

edit:  I also have some L3+ that is coming in late August.  Same question:  flip it or mine with it?

bump

Obviously I am a noobie member, so take what I say with a grain of salt.  

I think its obvious that these machines will not make the returns that the mining calculators are spitting out, for reasons that have already been stated in this thread and many others.  That being said, no one knows exactly what will happen with price or difficulty increase rate.  

Personally, I ordered eight L3 machines this month, and I plan on selling four of them at double what I paid for them on amazon or ebay.   This means I will get 4 free machines, with instant ROI for all eight (if they sell at the price I want, of course this may not happen).  This way I can make a quick profit <EDIT> ROI </EDIT>as well as still mine the coins and see what happens with price and difficulty.  

I would not do a "pre-sale" on amazon or ebay.  12 years of experience as an ebay seller just tells me this is a great way to get a lot of negative feedback.   What happens when you try and sell your X11 miner on ebay, then bitmain sends you some DOA bullshit? Wait until the machine is in your possession to sell it, is my advice.

Thanks for the advice on selling.  New ebay seller with 30 feedback here

I bought L3+ with Aug 20 - sept 12 shipping two months ago.  LTC yield per day has already halved.  Will only go down massively as new batches arrive.

Decision time..
Searing
Legendary

Activity: 1568

Tips for help? 1BzbfMHCrTeLjc7eCGrYVhH3QXSRodSuke

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 05:03:45 AM

no idea

but are they having another sale this Monday in the wee hours of 4 am or 5 am (CST USA?

not sure I'll get anything..but wondering ...the time to watch this

brad

▀
   ▄▄▄   ▄▀
   ███ ▄▄▄▄  ██
       ████
    ▄  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄
      ██    ▀▀
██▄█▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀███▀▀▀
██████████████████
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███▀▀▀▀▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███ ▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀████████
▀█████████████████
]
CoinPayments
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 286 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.