Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:55:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain looks like they're releasing a 15GH/s DASH miner called the AntMiner D3  (Read 299603 times)
Thetaj

Activity: 402
Merit: 116

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 12:55:16 PM

He's just speculating, but I do believe they'll probably have an october or november batch by the end of august. Unless they wanna play the asshole game and centralize mining like they did with bitcoin again. God I hope they get more competition soon, or we're gonna end up centralizing mining all over again
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 01:47:18 PM

He's just speculating, but I do believe they'll probably have an october or november batch by the end of august. Unless they wanna play the asshole game and centralize mining like they did with bitcoin again. God I hope they get more competition soon, or we're gonna end up centralizing mining all over again
It is likely that this model will be released at an accelerated pace to the L3+ as it is seemingly made from existing parts. Also, they are definitely trying to eat their competitions lunch and first and most to market will bleed the others out quickly. Gotta hand it to Bitmain. they have a very dominant position in the market and are full on the throttle.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
KSK7

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 05:04:55 PM

Would pull about $210 a day if you had it right now.
Shipping is 2 months away. Looks like Dash difficulty went up 300% in trailing 2 months. If the same is expected, you are looking at $70/day profit on day one and declining fast.
It could be interesting if they gave a 2 month grade period like they gave early L3+ adopters.

Is there any chart on any website where you can see that the difficulty has gone up 300% in the trailing two months?
Savik

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 05:07:55 PM

Would pull about $210 a day if you had it right now.
Shipping is 2 months away. Looks like Dash difficulty went up 300% in trailing 2 months. If the same is expected, you are looking at $70/day profit on day one and declining fast.
It could be interesting if they gave a 2 month grade period like they gave early L3+ adopters.

Is there any chart on any website where you can see that the difficulty has gone up 300% in the trailing two months?

https://www.coinwarz.com/difficulty-charts/dash-difficulty-chart

Apr 23 was 134600 and yesterday it was 540941

CryptoCrane (OP)

Activity: 384
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2017, 06:04:09 PM

It is likely that this model will be released at an accelerated pace to the L3+ as it is seemingly made from existing parts. Also, they are definitely trying to eat their competitions lunch and first and most to market will bleed the others out quickly. Gotta hand it to Bitmain. they have a very dominant position in the market and are full on the throttle.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when Bitmain has internal meetings to discuss release timing and pricing. I just want to know what factors they consider. Obviously they know what their production capacity for the D3 will be, so they probably have a better prediction about the future difficulty than any of us. If their motive was short-term profits, they would have priced batch 1 a lot higher, which leads me to believe they do care about their customers making enough profit to become repeat customers. I'm sure they're also trying to corner the market by releasing the best $/GH miner by a wide margin and subsequently deflate any launch-pad their competitors are attempting to build. It takes a lot of money for their competitors to get off the ground and Bitmain already has the capital and experience needed to scale a new ASIC to mass production. I suspect they will quickly announce a new batch of D3 with an even lower price - but with a delayed delivery. That way, they can suck the future profits from their competitors while appeasing us (the customer) with lower prices while also allowing the people who purchased batch 1 to mine profitably for a little longer. The down-side is that if they eliminate any strong competition, Bitmain will not be free to price the same way Innosilicon does.

ayoungtech

Activity: 53

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 07:45:33 PM

No one knows what Bitmain will do.      Maybe they'll announce a D3+ ?

It's all speculation.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 08:20:45 PM

I doubt it, as the limiting factor for Bitmain on miner manufacture is almost certainly the ASIC mining chips - where they are fighting for LIMITED foundry space against the "big boys" like Nvidia, AMD, Apple, Samsung, and such (Intel probably isn't a factor in this since they still have their own foundries).

Bitmain wasn't  the first to market even in this SECOND wave of X11 ASIC miners - iBelink had their SECOND gen miner out a couple months back, and seems to have sold out their entire first batch and probably started shipping it.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 08:39:10 PM

Oh man, I just saw that Innosilicon's asking $10k for their upcoming X11 miner... with a minumum order quantity of 3 units  Shocked. This is for a miner that is coming out after the D3 and from a company that has a track record of not being able to deliver on promises - like when they sold the A4 Dominator and claimed it would hash at 800MH/s. By the time it finally shipped, it could barely reach 280MH/s. This market would benefit immensely if someone could compete toe-to-toe with Bitmain. Looks like Innosilicon isn't going to be that someone.

Innosilicon dropped their MOQ to 1 on the A5.

Also, they didn't announce it 'till much later in the product cycle than they did the A4, which means they SHOULD hit their stated specs quite a bit closer than the 3 "tiers" of "announced" A4 specs.

The A4 was also the first time they announced specs on a unit before they had production chips on hand - they didn't pre-announce the A1 or A2 AT ALL, and the A3 never had specs announced NOR ever got released.

With that said, Innosilicon DOES need to drop the A5 pricing to more like $6-$7k range to be competitive, even if they DO meet their specs.

Also keep in mind that Bitmain has had issues in recent times meeting announced specs (how many "14+GH/s" S9 batches do you see any more, and how many of those early batches had MAJOR issues before Bitmain retuned later batches for lower hashrate?) AND Bitmain has a far worse record on reliability since the S5.

Given the stated power draw on the D3, I don't see ANY chance of them doing a "D3+" in the same form factor.

Traditionally, Bitmain aimed at "6 month ROI" back in the day when pricing their miners, but competition sometimes modified that (ref the S5 / SP20 wars), and they seem to have shifted the aim point to somewhat longer starting with the S9.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
kalombo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 09:17:34 PM

As far as Genesis is concerned, im sure they bought these kind of machines before they were available to us. For sure they got a better price than 2699$.

They then decided to sell the power of each D3 at 65,000$us..... ( if you wanted to buy 15,000mhs from Genesis ... )

And i personally think, that the reason why they chose to have a limit of 100$us a day to keep it equal was not something logical. if i was Genesis, and i knew that 1.5 months after , BITMAIN and other will release 10GHs and above model, i would try to sellout anything i could of x11 on Genesis, before those miners come to light....

Because now DASH mining even for people having 600-1200mhs on Genesis will die soon. it will make just cents a day...
Gunna01

Activity: 306
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 11:08:28 PM

Dears

this site is safe for purchasing it? Huh Huh Huh Huh
please reply your experience and guide if know safe site

http://bitcoin-miner-store.com

Avoid 3rd party sites. Always buy direct to be safe.
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 11:22:46 PM

I doubt it, as the limiting factor for Bitmain on miner manufacture is almost certainly the ASIC mining chips - where they are fighting for LIMITED foundry space against the "big boys" like Nvidia, AMD, Apple, Samsung, and such (Intel probably isn't a factor in this since they still have their own foundries).

Bitmain wasn't  the first to market even in this SECOND wave of X11 ASIC miners - iBelink had their SECOND gen miner out a couple months back, and seems to have sold out their entire first batch and probably started shipping it.

ibelink, Innosilicon and Baikal have no where near the branding that Bitmain now has. Those two also don't compete on price. they also don't compete on Customer service. Bitmain has the mold to be modeled after. Baikal is a joke compared to them. $7,000.....$10,000 hahaha!! Yeah ok. Good luck selling those poorly supported and unreliable units at those prices. I'll stick with Bitmain. Ya'll can be pioneers with your money.

Question.....If Nvidia, Samsung, AMD are such users of ASIC's chips then why don't they even have a hint of an ASIC miner? Nvidia and AMD are still playing around in the GPU market!

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
Savik

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 12:16:29 AM

No one knows what Bitmain will do.      Maybe they'll announce a D3+ ?

It's all speculation.

What were the conditions that caused the L3 to have such a short lifespan before the L3+ came out? It seems like there is an arms race going for the X11, so maybe a D3+ isn't crazy?

usernamehere

Activity: 85

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 01:12:59 AM

I ordered an L3+ have been using it for a month. The difficulty is going up like crazy. By the time September batch starts shipping the machines wont be generating much. Besides that I have noticed this with Bitmain products for years now. And FYI Batch 1 of this miner was sold out in minutes. Another batch will be coming up soon. It says that one machine makes over $200 per day but by the time we get it it would make less than half of that.

Have you been noticing significant decrease in output from your L3+ over the month?  Quite curious if that's what will happen to D3.

A rise in difficulty means that more miners have come online, adding to the total hashing power on the blockchain. This means that your payout will be less because you are competing with other miners. Yes, the same thing will happen to the D3. At what rate will this happen to DASH vs Litecoin? That depends on a lot of things of which are out of your control.

Home Miner - Block #456763 on Kano.is
titanminer

Activity: 40

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 05:58:36 AM

I ordered an L3+ have been using it for a month. The difficulty is going up like crazy. By the time September batch starts shipping the machines wont be generating much. Besides that I have noticed this with Bitmain products for years now. And FYI Batch 1 of this miner was sold out in minutes. Another batch will be coming up soon. It says that one machine makes over $200 per day but by the time we get it it would make less than half of that.

Have you been noticing significant decrease in output from your L3+ over the month?  Quite curious if that's what will happen to D3.

A rise in difficulty means that more miners have come online, adding to the total hashing power on the blockchain. This means that your payout will be less because you are competing with other miners. Yes, the same thing will happen to the D3. At what rate will this happen to DASH vs Litecoin? That depends on a lot of things of which are out of your control.

Hi unfortunately my psu supplier couldn't delivery. I've noticed on the bitmain site they have the apw3++ and says shipped in august.. I'm trying to select it but it's not adding to cart :s .. will they only be available to order after august or some bs!?!

And has anyone purchase these generic bitmain brands on Alibaba by any chance? .. I'm actually  desperate ATM Sad

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Antminer-PSU-1600W-1800W-power-supply_60673345445.html.

Any help would be appreciated guys.

Cheers
usernamehere

Activity: 85

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 06:03:21 AM

Have you been noticing significant decrease in output from your L3+ over the month?  Quite curious if that's what will happen to D3.

Hi unfortunately my psu supplier couldn't delivery. I've noticed on the bitmain site they have the apw3++ and says shipped in august.. I'm trying to select it but it's not adding to cart :s .. will they only be available to order after august or some bs!?!

And has anyone purchase these generic bitmain brands on Alibaba by any chance? .. I'm actually  desperate ATM Sad

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Antminer-PSU-1600W-1800W-power-supply_60673345445.html.

Cheers

Why not pickup some HP server power supplies with breakout boards and PCIE cables like this? http://www.parallelminer.com/product/110v120v-80-platinum-power-supply-for-s9-antminer/

Should be loads faster, shipping wise, than alibaba or bitmain and works great.

I would recommend getting something 1500 watts or greater since the D3 supposedly uses
1200 watts at the wall on a 93% PSU.

Home Miner - Block #456763 on Kano.is
thesavoyard

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 07:32:06 AM

I can get 1800w gold PSU in ATX form for around 190 euros, seems like a better deal than getting a PSU built for ASIC. Since ATX works fine on ASIC and you can reuse them for GPU mining in the future. I'll post once I've got it set up on my store.

titanminer

Activity: 40

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 07:48:39 AM

Have you been noticing significant decrease in output from your L3+ over the month?  Quite curious if that's what will happen to D3.

And has anyone purchase these generic bitmain brands on Alibaba by any chance? .. I'm actually  desperate ATM Sad

Cheers

Why not pickup some HP server power supplies with breakout boards and PCIE cables like this? http://www.parallelminer.com/product/110v120v-80-platinum-power-supply-for-s9-antminer/

Should be loads faster, shipping wise, than alibaba or bitmain and works great.

I would recommend getting something 1500 watts or greater since the D3 supposedly uses
1200 watts at the wall on a 93% PSU.

Hi guys, got response from bitmain. Regarding the site issues

''Thanks for your consultation!
I am sorry we have some website issues so that all our product stop selling now. Our engineers are working on it, and it will be restored within two weeks, please wait patiently!
Please let us know if you have additional questions or concerns.

Best regards,
Joy
Bitmain ''

I'm more interested in ATX psu but all the EVGA supernova  G2, P2, T2 1600w are completely out of stock and it comes with a pricy tag but you do get 10 years warranty and the g2's are so silent... I've found someone on alibaba that has the apw3++ and claims they can deliver it this week so fingers crossed.
tw0rak

Activity: 600
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 08:17:46 AM

Now in their web, says this:
"Because of ongoing maintenance, visitors to our website cannot purchase products on our website. Please try again after 18:00 hours on 24 July 2017 (GMT+8)."

Maybe after that a new batch is coming...

Hope not Smiley
Or maybe December date? Smiley
thesavoyard

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 09:34:41 AM

Anyone know if antminer d3 will have the same hash rate with any other x11 currency?

You should just aim it at the mining pool that has your currency and it should work fine.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 09:40:41 AM

Now in their web, says this:
"Because of ongoing maintenance, visitors to our website cannot purchase products on our website. Please try again after 18:00 hours on 24 July 2017 (GMT+8)."

Maybe after that a new batch is coming...

What is that in CST usa?

I get gmt as 5 hrs ahead of CST and china time is 8hrs ahead of Gmt

thus 13hrs ahead of now in usa cst is 4:39 am

thus about 5:30pm tonite?

(or am I completely clueless)

wondering how/if i can get anything if the above time is correct

decisions

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: