Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:06:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay - New Coin Launch - Official Thread  (Read 119794 times)
oliwer21

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 07:21:45 AM

and again no answers why 2core got better results in mining like my 2x 10cores/20HT Intel Xeon 2630V4

biblepay beware beware on your announces ,this forum is strong tool for our miners: if wont be miners wont be BIBLEPAY ...

we want answer why 2core is better like 10core?

I know you want answer from developer but I will explain

The idea of Biblepay was to make it difficult for farm style mining operations to mint the majority of the biblepay coins. It is the algorithm itself that makes 10 cores less efficient than 2 cores, or something you would have on an old laptop. The idea is to make it so the average person with a simple cpu can have a shot at mining it fruitfully.
I would agree with it, but its hard to belive in that when both are working on 100% usage... and you can have bigger hash on 10 core cpu. You have lower hps2 on pool co i dont think its wallet issiue...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
znffal

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:47:29 AM

When I am installing the miner using the linux instructions, in the line

./biblepay-cli sendtoaddress "insertAddressHere" 777 "" "" true

The insert address bit is just my biblepay address from my biblepay wallet?
znffal

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 11:52:33 AM

Is there a step-by-step guide to install the wallet? I downloaded and then ran according to the commands in BuildBiblePay.txt

I also ran

./autogen.sh
    ./configure
    make

But I don't know if it is installed or even how to start the wallet.

Please help
slovakia

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 12:20:56 PM

go to folder biblepay then to folder src and run ./biblepayd -daemon
run command top in putty/kitty and you will see if CPU is under load

seasonw

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 01:24:41 PM

When I am installing the miner using the linux instructions, in the line

./biblepay-cli sendtoaddress "insertAddressHere" 777 "" "" true

The insert address bit is just my biblepay address from my biblepay wallet?

I assumed you want to send bbp to other wallet address, so just replace "insertAddressHere" to your destination wallet address will do.
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 01:35:20 PM

Spreading the trading thin on multiple exchanges is not good for a small volume coin.  Additionally, since the coin is so young and things change from time to time, exchanges look down on having to go offline to redo mandatory wallets.  The thing that has been talked about is after Masternodes (Sanctuaries) go online in late December, the Dev (well, the DAO at that point) will look at adding more exchanges.  Hopefully by then, volume/pricing will be sufficient to maintain a healthy trade on more than one exchange.  Right now with the price hovering at 11 to 13 satoshi it takes a lot of volume to make it worth an exchange's time.  We are getting by on C-Cex since they consider us a charity style coin and not quite subject to their normal rules.  The hope is that Masternodes will be the jump start to move this coin forward to the point where it becomes reasonable to be on more than one exchange.

That seems fair enough. I don't want to trade on C-Cex (at least not yet) and I don't think I can buy on the biblepay website, so I will try to get mining set up for now so I can get some of this coin.
I dont think we can offer website trading due to trading regulations per county, except, we can offer a free faucet.  Im going to eventually airdrop 1 million BBP through a google campaign, as long as the user downloads the wallet, eventually when I get a chance.

@bible_pay What are your thoughts on connecting Biblepay with Bitcoin/Litecoin through a lightening network. Will offer a p2p option to deposit and buy. as well as can make the coin an easy destination for charitable donations, one can setup, say 0.001 BTC to be donated every month via Biblepay and it can be ran it through the DAO.  What are the technical challenges and feasibility constraints?

Feel it can provide a more connected ecosystem with other established coins and also creating more value + exposure for Biblepay. I like Vertcoin's lightening network with litecoin as a means to make micro transactions, same way Biblepay can be setup for micro donations. Would like to hear the community's thoughts on this.

Edit: https://github.com/lightningnetwork/lnd

Well its certainly an impressive API.  I like how the group coded it in Go, which is a language I never used, but its certainly interesting.
It looks to be well thought out, extensible and useful.  I see its constantly changing - being expanded and contributed by over 10 people.
It appears at the core, the bitcoin daemon runs with segwit turned on, and that participating nodes form a service over a secure channel.
I think the core functionality is that a merchant can transmit an invoice on the fly in an encrypted string over the channel into the hive of daemons, and then
one chosen node picks up the invoice and the corresponding payment and pays the invoice, thus facilitating payments using tokens (IE lets pay $1 to XYZ from user ABC) without either having to type 60 characters in, its a full fledged po/invoice/payment decentralized payment system.

As far as modifying it and running it with BBP instead of BTC, maybe.  I mean there are a lot of factors to consider and what its primary use case is.  One involves if each masternode would be a lightning node, and be required to update every time lightning changes, or if we would have one lightning node run at 'biblepay central' (if we have such a place etc).  Right off the bat though, these questions can be answered by solving some of our most rudimentary requirements first and then the answers will be clear.  

Imo, we need order depth, volume, and usefulness for biblepay.  So I think after the sanctuaries go live, we still seek to be listed on a few of the big exchanges, maybe we pay them in BBP if they refuse to help us for free) and that should help half of the volume problem (as volume does not thin out when we expand exchanges like some posts claim here, it increases), that will help a lot causing volume to go from .2 btc per day to 5-6 btc a day.  Then we integrate with one debit card.  I think we really need to prove that you can order a roll of silver coins with BBP to have around during the great tribulation, maybe an order for some emergency food pails, just prove that biblepay is a useful currency.  You can also use your BBP debit card at a restaurant.  

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 02:01:03 PM

- General Cryptocoin c++ Developers
- Developer that has zeal for finding security bugs in BBP and BTC. 
- Developer that wants to take Dash and BTC recent commits, and merge them into BBP.  This is a highly technical position requiring BTC or crypto experience.
- Web developer to make Biblepay web presence better (The web site, Not the pool, I can handle the pool myself for now)
- PR Manager, launching PR campaigs, faucet, etc
- Twitter, Facebook / Social Media Manager
- Operations & Charity management
- Tech Support (Helps resolve users issues with mining, wallet setup, etc)
- Technical Writer for documents

I saw a post come across that someone wanted to be a technical writer but dont see it in the last 5 pages anymore.  If you are still interested in joining the slack team send me an email to : rob@biblepay.org and we will send you an invite. 

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
noob101

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 02:11:35 PM

Hi guys,
I know this is irrelevant, but the difficulty for block 10427 is 10427.1762.  I had to share this useless but coincidental information.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 03:00:49 PM

HELP NEEDED FOR SANCTUARIES for Christmas go live:

Ive been doing a little testing over the last few days for the upcoming sanctuaries.  I discovered I will need a lot of help otherwise we cant go live with sanctuaries.

We need at least 8 or so testers in the sanctuary thread (the thread does not exist yet).  Im going to deprioritize the news testing thread, and create a sanctuary thread and post it here by the end of the day, and lets focus on testing in that thread otherwise, we wont have a chance of going live at Christmas.

There are a lot of variables, and here are some, that need worked out:

- Testing requires linux - because windows will not run watchman on the wall (thats the decentralized sanctuary database)
- Testing requires 500,000 bbp to be sent to the new testnet masternode (actually send more, so you have extra first) - this is not the final amount to run a sanctuary, its the testnet amount
- Testing requires an external open IP, IE you need to be able to run with the firewall port 40001 open
- Testing needs to have the latest version of BBP compiled from source

As you can see this is a complicated endeavor and therefore requires a lot of help to get this working properly by Christmas.

If you want to get started you can do the above and sync the node up in testnet and then you will be almost ready to help.
The reason I cant do this myself is there are security rules in place that hang up on other sanctuaries if certain conditions are not met, and they cant be disabled.  One particular rule is dont accept inbound connections from sanctuaries unless the mnsync status is 999, and that will fragment the network.  IE we need more than 4 or so synced nodes to test this properly.  Also, the governance qurorum is going to require a few synced sanctuaries in order for us to test voting on the fake proposal.  The fake proposal will have the orphanage budget in it, etc.  Otherwise, I cant see the votes.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
inblue

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:09:29 PM

Spreading the trading thin on multiple exchanges is not good for a small volume coin.

As bible_pay said, it's probably the other way around - new exchanges should actually increase volume and price, and not distribute volume out and lower average value. At least that's what I've seen in experience with a couple of coins. It's because those new exchanges hold thousands of buyers who are using only that exchange.

For example, take a look at this recent quote from this very thread:

Currently I cannot buy because I only trade at Cryptopia.

Also, every exchange has some way to discover new coins, so a lot of people first hear about a coin when they see it on their exchange.
inblue

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:14:53 PM

Looks like you have to pay a fee
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Paytopia

Looks to be around $2500 USD

You missed one zero there buddy. Grin It's $25,000.
inblue

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:18:31 PM

- Testing requires 500,000 bbp to be sent to the new testnet masternode

Since this is on the testnet, is this real BBP or tBBP (test BBP)?
616westwarmoth

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:37:42 PM

Ive been doing a little testing over the last few days for the upcoming sanctuaries.  I discovered I will need a lot of help otherwise we cant go live with sanctuaries.

We need at least 8 or so testers in the sanctuary thread (the thread does not exist yet).  Im going to deprioritize the news testing thread, and create a sanctuary thread and post it here by the end of the day, and lets focus on testing in that thread otherwise, we wont have a chance of going live at Christmas.

- Testing requires linux - because windows will not run watchman on the wall (thats the decentralized sanctuary database)
- Testing requires 500,000 bbp to be sent to the new testnet masternode (actually send more, so you have extra first) - this is not the final amount to run a sanctuary, its the testnet amount
- Testing requires an external open IP, IE you need to be able to run with the firewall port 40001 open

As you can see this is a complicated endeavor and therefore requires a lot of help to get this working properly by Christmas.

If you want to get started you can do the above and sync the node up in testnet and then you will be almost ready to help.
The reason I cant do this myself is there are security rules in place that hang up on other sanctuaries if certain conditions are not met, and they cant be disabled.  One particular rule is dont accept inbound connections from sanctuaries unless the mnsync status is 999, and that will fragment the network.  IE we need more than 4 or so synced nodes to test this properly.  Also, the governance qurorum is going to require a few synced sanctuaries in order for us to test voting on the fake proposal.  The fake proposal will have the orphanage budget in it, etc.  Otherwise, I cant see the votes.

I've got a free day more or less tomorrow, going to try and work on the other pool but I've got a ton of testnet BBP and will fire up a MN too when time permits.

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
m4tsby

Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:47:13 PM

@Bible_Pay

How are the outgoing letters processed again? As in the time between each outgoing queue is processed? Thanks -

Keep writing those letters all! After yesterdays Vegas tragedy, I feel ever more pressed to tell people about the Light.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 05:47:41 PM

Ive been doing a little testing over the last few days for the upcoming sanctuaries.  I discovered I will need a lot of help otherwise we cant go live with sanctuaries.

We need at least 8 or so testers in the sanctuary thread (the thread does not exist yet).  Im going to deprioritize the news testing thread, and create a sanctuary thread and post it here by the end of the day, and lets focus on testing in that thread otherwise, we wont have a chance of going live at Christmas.

The reason I cant do this myself is there are security rules in place that hang up on other sanctuaries if certain conditions are not met, and they cant be disabled.  One particular rule is dont accept inbound connections from sanctuaries unless the mnsync status is 999, and that will fragment the network.  IE we need more than 4 or so synced nodes to test this properly.  Also, the governance qurorum is going to require a few synced sanctuaries in order for us to test voting on the fake proposal.  The fake proposal will have the orphanage budget in it, etc.  Otherwise, I cant see the votes.

Quoting for exposure, need additional help on the testnet to get Sanctuaries(Masternode) running.

Yeah, let me create a thread real quick and then Ill edit this.  I created a masternode wiki article.  

The sanctuaries are coming online now in testnet.

As far as the price, West, its 500,000 tBiblepay.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 05:52:14 PM

@Bible_Pay

How are the outgoing letters processed again? As in the time between each outgoing queue is processed? Thanks -

Keep writing those letters all! After yesterdays Vegas tragedy, I feel ever more pressed to tell people about the Light.

Its semi-automated right now.  I have to run a job and do a couple manual things.  They will be processed by Friday though.

Our batch job picks up any unsent approved (being 7+ upvotes) letters and marks as sent, pays the bounty, and sends it to compassion (after converting to a PDF with pictures embedded).

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
inblue

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 06:03:50 PM

The sanctuaries are coming online now in testnet.

Could you please give me a few nodes to connect to in testnet? I have 0 connections. Also, what is the last block on the chain (and its hash), so that I know when I'm synced?
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 06:12:35 PM

Here it is, lets move the Sanctuary testnet conversation here :

http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=16.msg94#msg94

One addnode is : node.biblepay.org

You should be able to hit 'telnet node.biblepay.org:40001'

Ill post a hash over there.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
oliwer21

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 07:58:25 PM

I started to write again a "babling post" and get an answer that "this coin is for  me". But God said to forgive people... but i think ignorong someone is a sin...
nsummy

Activity: 1178
Merit: 131

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 08:29:12 PM

and again no answers why 2core got better results in mining like my 2x 10cores/20HT Intel Xeon 2630V4

biblepay beware beware on your announces ,this forum is strong tool for our miners: if wont be miners wont be BIBLEPAY ...

we want answer why 2core is better like 10core?

I know you want answer from developer but I will explain

The idea of Biblepay was to make it difficult for farm style mining operations to mint the majority of the biblepay coins. It is the algorithm itself that makes 10 cores less efficient than 2 cores, or something you would have on an old laptop. The idea is to make it so the average person with a simple cpu can have a shot at mining it fruitfully.
I would agree with it, but its hard to belive in that when both are working on 100% usage... and you can have bigger hash on 10 core cpu. You have lower hps2 on pool co i dont think its wallet issiue...

I think there is more than likely the issue is that the pool does not take difficulty into consideration.  If you have a high hashrate it will give you higher difficulty shares yet it treats your shares no differently than lower difficulty shares.  I think that is why running multiple dameons helps.  You are essentially saturating your system's cpu and in the process submitting more low difficulty shares.  This is just a guess though. For awhile I thought it was the pool not sending work quick enough but cpu usage seems to be stable.  The question then becomes, what is the sweet spot to hash the most shares without increasing difficulty?  This is all speculation though as you can't even see the miner in action.  Kind of ironic that the goal is to stop farm styling mining yet there is only one pool making it difficult to solo mine.
Pages: « 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »
  Print  

Jump to: