Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:04:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay - New Coin Launch - Official Thread  (Read 119794 times)
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2017, 02:20:59 AM

I think this coin needs a new logo. Better design. Nothing against the current one, respect for the designer, but it seems too bland and made in a hurry. We all could propose a design, then vote and sugest inprovements. If the dev agrees, of course.  Grin

I also wonder, can you find a Gen II or Gen III wallet designer?

(Not a logo designer, a Gen II pro-themer).

Take a look at this thread:

https://cryptocurrencytalk.com/topic/14745-fundraiser-for-gen2-wallet-theme/

They went through it and it looks like a really FUN process!  We could put links for Exchanges, for Prayers, (CBN.COM! in wallet), for Block Explorer, and take care of the theme all at the same time.  Im willing to put up $500 of biblepay for this too.  And $500 of biblepay for the logo. 

All I ask is some contributions from the community for the remainder to the themer, and the community gets to choose the final designs, colors, etc.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
seeksilence

Activity: 239
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:03:26 AM

Where the source and instruction for building the pool? I am interested in building one.

nsummy

Activity: 1178
Merit: 131

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 04:48:33 AM

I would say its PR balbling... personal problem ofc... when people show you problem suddenly you saying its a open soure LOL
And your wallet is wasting cpu power cuz svirus posted on official forum that wallet give same shares for all threads (really?!?!)
And even inblue show same thing on his multi worker experiment...
And what you do just pushing to masternodes:)

To be clear many from top of leaderboard are running on linux and they now they probably run multi deamon.
Write on first site its a linux cpu mining coin or 4 core win and all will be happy:)

Well, the spirit of open source is if you don't accept his answer, you are free to look at the code.  So he has said repeatedly that there is not a significant problem, so either accept it, or don't.  If you don't you are free to examine the code or move on.

InBlu's experiment showed that there was a significant difference between 10 CPU with one miner (29k HPS2) and 10 CPU with 10 miners (120k HPS2) and a moderate difference with 10 miners on 1 CPU machines (170k HPS2).   To me this says a portion of the overhead is in the wallet and maybe something with RAM.  This is in line though with the coin being ASIC and GPU resistant.

If you don't trust the Dev, then find and fix the problem for us all.  But this Dev has been very active and this coin is benefiting because of it.

Incorrect.  I have yet to see the pool software show up on github.  So the coin creator runs the only pool for the coin, which is closed and proprietary. And when people politely point out problems and issues, instead of acknowledging them, the response is that this is all by design and is open-source, etc.  If this coin is designed for people with low computing power to be able to mine that is great.  But on the same token (no pun intended), maybe the coin creator should not be running a pool that makes up the majority of the hashrate.  To solomine this coin right now would be a waste of time. I realize this is a new coin, beta pool, etc but there is a certain amount of customer service and public relations that go along with launching any successful venture.  Alienating and dismissing early supporters who really just want to help and iron out the bugs is not the way to make this a long term project.  The bottom line is this coin is using the a modified version of the old and defunct built-in dash/bitcoin miner along with code that allows it to work on exactly one pool.

No, the pool is not closed and proprietary, its open source along with the github wallet.

If you think I am "lying" on this forum about Anything then this wallet is not for you.    Have I lied about anything here?  What kind of dev would I be?

Running a pool that forces the majority of the hashrate?  Only one person has come forward to run a pool, and he is currently following the instructions. West do you want to send him the same instructions?  Am I hiding anything? 

This is a project for the orphans. 

Alienating?  Ive been working with everyone who doesnt have a bad mouth and a bad attitude.  Id rather work with Christians.  I replied with my view, and no one has posted anything yet that is a higher priority than sanctuary code and our orphans.  The bible hash is doing its job and Im very happy of that.

I never accused you of lying.  If the pool is not closed, where can we find the source code?  I would gladly run a pool.   Bringing problems and issues to your attention is not the same thing as bad mouthing or bad attitude.  Helping the orphans is dependent on a successful coin that has real world value.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2017, 09:19:16 AM
Last edit: October 09, 2017, 10:56:15 AM by bible_pay

I would say its PR balbling... personal problem ofc... when people show you problem suddenly you saying its a open soure LOL
And your wallet is wasting cpu power cuz svirus posted on official forum that wallet give same shares for all threads (really?!?!)

To be clear many from top of leaderboard are running on linux and they now they probably run multi deamon.
Write on first site its a linux cpu mining coin or 4 core win and all will be happy:)

Well, the spirit of open source is if you don't accept his answer, you are free to look at the code.  So he has said repeatedly that there is not a significant problem, so either accept it, or don't.  If you don't you are free to examine the code or move on.

InBlu's experiment showed that there was a significant difference between 10 CPU with one miner (29k HPS2) and 10 CPU with 10 miners (120k HPS2) and a moderate difference with 10 miners on 1 CPU machines (170k HPS2).   To me this says a portion of the overhead is in the wallet and maybe something with RAM.  This is in line though with the coin being ASIC and GPU resistant.

If you don't trust the Dev, then find and fix the problem for us all.  But this Dev has been very active and this coin is benefiting because of it.

Incorrect.  I have yet to see the pool software show up on github.  So the coin creator runs the only pool for the coin, which is closed and proprietary. And when people politely point out problems and issues, instead of acknowledging them, the response is that this is all by design and is open-source, etc.  If this coin is designed for people with low computing power to be able to mine that is great.  But on the same token (no pun intended), maybe the coin creator should not be running a pool that makes up the majority of the hashrate.  To solomine this coin right now would be a waste of time. I realize this is a new coin, beta pool, etc but there is a certain amount of customer service and public relations that go along with launching any successful venture.  Alienating and dismissing early supporters who really just want to help and iron out the bugs is not the way to make this a long term project.  The bottom line is this coin is using the a modified version of the old and defunct built-in dash/bitcoin miner along with code that allows it to work on exactly one pool.

No, the pool is not closed and proprietary, its open source along with the github wallet.

If you think I am "lying" on this forum about Anything then this wallet is not for you.    Have I lied about anything here?  What kind of dev would I be?

Running a pool that forces the majority of the hashrate?  Only one person has come forward to run a pool, and he is currently following the instructions. West do you want to send him the same instructions?  Am I hiding anything?  

Alienating?  Ive been working with everyone who doesnt have a bad mouth and a bad attitude.  Id rather work with Christians.  I replied with my view, and no one has posted anything yet that is a higher priority than sanctuary code and our orphans.  The bible hash is doing its job and Im very happy of that.

I never accused you of lying.  If the pool is not closed, where can we find the source code?  I would gladly run a pool.   Bringing problems and issues to your attention is not the same thing as bad mouthing or bad attitude.  Helping the orphans is dependent on a successful coin that has real world value.

On the badmouthing I agree, I know you are not, Im referring to some people who make posts here with foul language, and I really think that goes against our spirit.

Thats cool, we can work these issues out.  Lets start over on all this.

Let me find the pool creation document and see if it is uploaded yet and see if I can answer your questions.  Did you create four topics with questions about the pool on forum.biblepay.org about the pool and delete all of them?

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
ferohers

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:39:05 AM

I think this coin needs a new logo. Better design. Nothing against the current one, respect for the designer, but it seems too bland and made in a hurry. We all could propose a design, then vote and sugest inprovements. If the dev agrees, of course.  Grin

They went through it and it looks like a really FUN process!  We could put links for Exchanges, for Prayers, (CBN.COM! in wallet), for Block Explorer, and take care of the theme all at the same time.  Im willing to put up $500 of biblepay for this too.  And $500 of biblepay for the logo.  

All I ask is some contributions from the community for the remainder to the themer, and the community gets to choose the final designs, colors, etc.

Why dont you start a contest on freelancer.com ? For the top 10 entriesö you can invite everyone to vote for the best logo etc.

For 100-150$ you can have 400+ entrants for a logo. (inviting top talents to the contest helps alot)
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2017, 01:33:25 PM

Where the source and instruction for building the pool? I am interested in building one.

Here is the source for the BiblePay Pool:

https://github.com/biblepay/BiblePayPool

Please see the document titled "Deploying a BiblePay Pool.docx" in order to understand the technology required to provision and deploy a pool.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:03:12 PM
Last edit: October 09, 2017, 07:18:22 PM by slovakia

1st server

2nd server

exists any command for rebuild wallet on linux or fix it? first time after ran daemon see 0 blocks  Huh any idea? all servers on linux new wallet download blocks

nsummy

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 09:47:02 PM

1st server

2nd server

exists any command for rebuild wallet on linux or fix it? first time after ran daemon see 0 blocks  Huh any idea? all servers on linux new wallet download blocks

If you have 2 different machines not getting any blocks I would think that the issue is probably firewall related.  ./biblepayd -daemon -rebuild=1  should rebuild the index but with zero blocks I think there is another issue at play.
nsummy

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 09:48:24 PM

I think this coin needs a new logo. Better design. Nothing against the current one, respect for the designer, but it seems too bland and made in a hurry. We all could propose a design, then vote and sugest inprovements. If the dev agrees, of course.  Grin

They went through it and it looks like a really FUN process!  We could put links for Exchanges, for Prayers, (CBN.COM! in wallet), for Block Explorer, and take care of the theme all at the same time.  Im willing to put up $500 of biblepay for this too.  And $500 of biblepay for the logo.  

Why dont you start a contest on freelancer.com ? For the top 10 entriesö you can invite everyone to vote for the best logo etc.

For 100-150$ you can have 400+ entrants for a logo. (inviting top talents to the contest helps alot)

I agree with this.  I've bought a few custom logos on there for under $100.  The quality is top notch and you get to support someone in a developing country at the same time.
nsummy

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:16:38 PM

If you think I am "lying" on this forum about Anything then this wallet is not for you.    Have I lied about anything here?  What kind of dev would I be?

Running a pool that forces the majority of the hashrate?  Only one person has come forward to run a pool, and he is currently following the instructions. West do you want to send him the same instructions?  Am I hiding anything?  

Alienating?  Ive been working with everyone who doesnt have a bad mouth and a bad attitude.  Id rather work with Christians.  I replied with my view, and no one has posted anything yet that is a higher priority than sanctuary code and our orphans.  The bible hash is doing its job and Im very happy of that.

I never accused you of lying.  If the pool is not closed, where can we find the source code?  I would gladly run a pool.   Bringing problems and issues to your attention is not the same thing as bad mouthing or bad attitude.  Helping the orphans is dependent on a successful coin that has real world value.

On the badmouthing I agree, I know you are not, Im referring to some people who make posts here with foul language, and I really think that goes against our spirit.

Thats cool, we can work these issues out.  Lets start over on all this.

Let me find the pool creation document and see if it is uploaded yet and see if I can answer your questions.  Did you create four topics with questions about the pool on forum.biblepay.org about the pool and delete all of them?

Thanks for posting the code.  I'll play around with it tonight and see if I can get a test pool running.  And no that wasn't me that posted on there Smiley
doutor_broncco

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 12:44:15 AM

I agree with this.  I've bought a few custom logos on there for under $100.  The quality is top notch and you get to support someone in a developing country at the same time.

Yes, this look like a good idea. And the contest in a worldwide known site can help promote the coin and gain more supporters. Lots of talent out there, underdogs artists that should have their chance.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 02:33:59 AM

Thanks for posting the code.  I'll play around with it tonight and see if I can get a test pool running.  And no that wasn't me that posted on there Smiley

Just let me know when you get the ASPX compiled and "almost" running (IE pool starts in debug mode and you cannot login).  At that point I will upload the SQL backup file of the empty database into github.  (I will get to it hopefully tomorrow).  So dont waste time recreating the schema as I have all of it.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
seasonw

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 02:40:33 AM

1st server

2nd server

anybody started biblepain and doesnt know how it works?  Huh Roll Eyes

The solution for you and only you is: go mine other coins since you are so much painful in mining biblepay, don't waste your time here  Cool
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 01:51:40 PM

we just see what's behind the coin  Roll Eyes
seasonw stop rip from the context ... dev started coin and dont know why is hsp2 better on shit 2core?  Wink

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 02:08:12 PM

Who wants to volunteer to fix this page:

http://wiki.biblepay.org/Main_Page

We need to make it more professional, take out the html characters and add anything to it that makes it more consistent?

I think we need to put our logo on the right inside the table on the second row also.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 02:11:12 PM

Yes, this look like a good idea. And the contest in a worldwide known site can help promote the coin and gain more supporters. Lots of talent out there, underdogs artists that should have their chance.

Who wants to volunteer to start and run this campaign?  If I do it, its going to be after Christmas, so id rather personally have someone else take the initiative to baby this and manage it all the way through in a dedicated thread.  Ill give you admin access to forum.biblepay.org to manage the whole topic.  You would be responsible for putting up a downpayment with a credit card to start their campaign and starting a fundraiser for BBP for the total cost in the new forum thread.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
seasonw

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 02:44:34 PM

seasonw stop rip from the context ... dev started coin and dont know why is hsp2 better on shit 2core?  Wink

I don't want to post other coin info here, but I have to show you something about Verium coin here, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1chS5Ktd9Dy4fuFIjF0-osrxCxl1_U69s9tGWVYNk1jg/edit#gid=1596366158

This is their compiled CPU hashrate, please look at row #6, it is just "Intel Core 2 Duo". Voila, Intel Core 2 Duo beats i7 and Ryzen!!!

So, please stop ask dev about HPS2 on Core 2 Duo again. Intel Core 2 Duo is the KING, obviously  Tongue  Or if you do not have Intel Core 2 Duo, please go mine other alt coins like XMR...
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 03:15:40 PM

I don't want to post other coin info here, but I have to show you something about Verium coin here, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1chS5Ktd9Dy4fuFIjF0-osrxCxl1_U69s9tGWVYNk1jg/edit#gid=1596366158

This is their compiled CPU hashrate, please look at row #6, it is just "Intel Core 2 Duo". Voila, Intel Core 2 Duo beats i7 and Ryzen!!!

So, please stop ask dev about HPS2 on Core 2 Duo again. Intel Core 2 Duo is the KING, obviously  Tongue  Or if you do not have Intel Core 2 Duo, please go mine other alt coins like XMR...

Thanks for the spreadsheet, thats a nice sheet, and it appears to cover all of the processors.
It would be nice for us to have a smaller subset of it (maybe the top 50 variants for example).

I dont want to give anyone the impression that I dont care about hash speed measurements.  I do care- however you have to realize I am taking into account an element of a moving target, a feature merge, and a potential defense mechanism.

I have to prioritize the far future value of Biblepay, and right now the highest impact to Biblepay includes two major issues:  Integrating sanctuary proposals and budgets and integrating our in-wallet retirement system. 

The reason the final HPS is still a moving target is if we ever need to program in a defense system (IE we feel the wallet is being attacked by GPUs or ASICs) then we can build a feature into the sanctuary to provide a mining key to other miners and allow the sanctuary to measure the HPS per solution.  Maybe it will be that we make participants create keys for others (IE share the love, instead of the greed) thereby requiring a certain amount of time to elapse between a request by a greedy node who mines really fast to actually receive another key to mine more. 

The bottom line is I feel the actual measurements are consistent with work being done and yes, being a node algorithm it is quirky, but not in a way that would prevent one from setting up equipment to mine as fast as others.  Thats why I set the priority level of this as lower currently than everything else that is going on.  The retirement account feature is very exciting, and I feel it has the ability to make our community much more vibrant, so I am currently focused on that.

Lets not forget to integrate God into every one of our processes every day.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
m4tsby

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 03:18:55 PM

I also mine $VRM - yes, @slovakia - dont you find it strange that you are literally the only person wrapped around the axle about this? The problem is between the KB and the chair. Mine under current conditions or do not, but please stop posting about your woes, they add too much noise to an otherwise very productive project.
PewPewGoesTheDuck

Activity: 200
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 03:56:55 PM
Last edit: October 10, 2017, 06:52:17 PM by PewPewGoesTheDuck

Who wants to volunteer to fix this page:

http://wiki.biblepay.org/Main_Page

We need to make it more professional, take out the html characters and add anything to it that makes it more consistent?

I think we need to put our logo on the right inside the table on the second row also.

I've got some free time. I haven't touched mediawiki in a few years but can probably manage.

I've cleaned up a lot of the text and did some formating. It doesn't look the best but without rewriting a lot of it I don't know to format it any better. If this becomes a main source of information for this project I'd suggest installing a wysiwyg or markup add in to make it easier.
Pages: « 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »
  Print  

Jump to: