Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:10:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay - New Coin Launch - Official Thread  (Read 119792 times)
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 02:02:15 PM

This could be the next PINK coin.

But what an interesting niche idea. (Interesting)
I think I'll add this to equal out all of the EOS in my wallet.
Interesting coin...  Kind of wild...

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 02:17:23 PM

I just wanted to mention that I have been a little busy lately (other than being interrupted to upload the pool, which is a huge necessity), with a brand new cryptocurrency feature for biblepay.  I think it might be "the" feature for us that gives us the edge to the top 50.

I'm thinking about adding colored coins into biblepay with an integrated 401k or retirement account fund inside the wallet.  And in-wallet trading.

One benefit of having this particular feature is we would attract outside investors that would need to buy BBP in order to have the ability to buy rBBP and they also potentially download the wallet and be users and might have a tendency to be long term holders.

So, I understand that this second colored coin could be used as private payment between users, without the fear of a possible dumping in value due to exchange speculation. In other words, it´s a more stable asset for long term savings. To me looks like a very good idea.

Yes you got the general idea, but it would not be entirely without speculation effects in BBP and market price changes.  The financial ecosystem of biblepay changes slightly:
- A block reward of 10,000 biblepay would include something like 2,000 retirement coins (that 2000 rBBP component of the reward would decrease by 1% per day - forever)
- The retirement coins can only be spent by sending a certain colored tx to another user OR by trading them in the BiblePay trading system in the wallet (for BBP! not rBBP)
- The price of BiblePay *would* be affected in as much as : Outside users may buy BBP on an exchange for BTC in order to run the wallet in order to buy rBBP inside the wallet
- If a person nears retirement wants to dump 10 million rBBP, they will crash the in-wallet market, and therefore lower the price of BBP temporarily as the outside market absorbs the shock (normal arbitrage)

Security considerations:
- The colored coins cannot be sent outside the wallet and cashed in on an exchange, even if the keys are compromised - because the coins will be colored, and they have a value of 1/10000 of a BBP and less per satoshi inside the wallet internally
- Rules will be added to only allow colored->colored transactions
- Colored coins are not selected for payment from AvailableCoins or in Coin Control
- Tx with colored coins are only allowed to be 2 vouts (no complex tx allowed) and all outputs must be colored

Market makers will be available to cross a transaction (this would be one chosen sanctuary at the time the trade is placed).  So basically, User A wants to Buy 1000 rBBP for normal BBP, user B wants to SELL 1000 rBBP for BBP, Market Maker C jumps in and receives the escrow from both parties while putting up the equivalent amount of escrow, then crosses the trade and then completes the transaction.  Resulting in one person buying retirement coins for normal BBP and one with less retirement coins and more BBP.

The goal is that some participants view this deflationary retirement asset as something they want to hold for a longer period therefore they tie up BBP in rBBP for a longer period of time.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
seeksilence

Activity: 239
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:47:05 PM

I just saw the letter fee went above 5%. Is there any maximum of the fee and how can I avoid it? Need an instruction on the pool page.

Non-Participating Letter Fees:
6%

My (Personal) Letter Fees:
6%

Edit: Also, since the pool is open source, someone could remove this fee? BTW, the fee is paid to the pool or orphan foundation?

616westwarmoth

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:52:14 PM

I just saw the letter fee went above 5%. Is there any maximum of the fee and how can I avoid it?

6%

6%

Go to the Orphan tab, Sponsored Orphans List.  Find an Orphan listed that shows Needs Written True.  Read their bio, by double clicking on that field.  If you think you can write to that one, great, if not, keep looking.  Once you find an Orphan to write to, right click on their name and it will show "Write".  Put together a paragraph or two to them.  Then the letters get up or down voted.  Once it has enough up votes (7) it will be approved.  Once it goes out in the batch send, your fee will drop to 0% for 60 days.  If ALL the Orphans get written to in a 60 day period, then everyone's fee drops to 0%.

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
inblue

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:46:44 PM

Also, since the pool is open source, someone could remove this fee? BTW, the fee is paid to the pool or orphan foundation?

Good questions, I have also wondered the same things.

West, thanks, I think the dev should use your explanation to fill the "Help guide" section at the pool which is currently empty and that's what seeksilence was asking about, the lack of instructions.

If you think you can write to that one, great, if not, keep looking.

... But what if I can't write to anyone? I would think I am a strange case, but according to the ratio of pool users who didn't write a letter vs. the ones who did, it seems I am in the majority. If you think there are miners who don't care about that and only care about money, actually that is directly related with their profits. So one would think even them would take a minute to do it, at least sloppily.

I like to help children in need and other causes and I like "automatic" helping very much, like BBP already does with tithe blocks. I actually donate to UNICEF automatically every month, and I also donate to some local organization. But I have never written anything to anyone, I just speak with my money. It's arguable what would bring a child more happiness, a lovely letter or new shoes. But I don't see a reason to be forced to do both. I have social anxiety and also a real fear of writing something bad in a letter, because I get nervous if I have to relay my thoughts to an innocent child, because I have personality issues, dark thoughts etc. In real life I am already not good with family, neighbors etc.

So do you (and pool admin) think that it's all right to force pool users into doing something they don't want and have low quality letters, compared to having someone who would be delighted to write a letter (or two) without forcing them? The fee has increased from 2% to 6%, which is starting to get crazy, and I already imagine it being higher in the near future. Also, for me it wouldn't be a problem if the fee went to charity, because I would see that as kind of an increased donation for those who don't want to write letters, but it seems the fee is only going to the pool, since at the orphan foundation address I only see tithe blocks payouts from mining. I see no use in that and I will be switching to solo mining if another pool doesn't emerge soon.

The dev has stated that he is against us being a "mining organization" which is why I understand his actions with the pool website, but I want to remind him that that's a pool website. Yup, it's in the domain name even. While I haven't seen a coin website with such awesome features, they don't belong there. Ideally they should all be in the Qt wallet and I already said that the higher cost/time involved with it is not a real issue when a pro Qt designer could do that when he is hired for the redesign anyway - it would not be hard to make a few more windows with some server communication.

Then, if the dev thinks that writing a letter every 60 days is a real requirement to be able to use (or just to mine) BiblePay, then by all means, make it mandatory. It could be done in the wallet and if the user has written a letter, they could mine, if not, they couldn't mine at all, which can be controlled since the miner is integrated with the wallet. I am not for this (nor against it), but it's important to see a big difference here: in this case, it would be a BiblePay rule for everyone and if somebody doesn't want to do it, they can't mine BiblePay and that's it. But not like it is now - the rule is enforced by one pool, which is not an exclusive way to use or mine BBP, so solo miners have an indisputable advantage of 6% over pool miners, and so will have miners on a new pool. Moreover, I think miners shouldn't be responsible or required to write letters or anything of the sort. They already have a steady role in keeping the BiblePay network secure and they already donate every 10th block to charity, which is not meager. They don't have to take up another role if they don't want to. They can, but they shouldn't need to. I understand that we are in very early stages, nevertheless it's obvious that it's the regular users who should be the ones using those features, so not miners, but Christians, investors, enthusiasts etc. And what is absurd is that there are probably users who are not miners who don't even know about letter writing, but they would be glad to write a letter only if they knew about that feature!

The dev has also recently changed the masternode share of the profit to be heavily against miners, which confirms his view of things, along with the "mining organization" statement and the constantly increasing fee for miners. Although I like the current proposed [miner/masternode/charity/IT] percentage distribution, I realized what is happening here, especially with the recent retirement/colored coins proposal. It seems like the current state of things does not adhere to the developer's vision when he started the coin and I am not saying this in a bad way. I agree with that, since the main focus right now is heavily on mining, as if this is some generic coin. But why would it not be possible to completely change the focus and the rules by a consensus? Of course there are other ways to secure the network except mining, but I'm not suggesting such a drastic change. I will continue after the following quote:

One benefit of having this particular feature is we would attract outside investors that would need to buy BBP in order to have the ability to buy rBBP and they also potentially download the wallet and be users and might have a tendency to be long term holders.

Um, actually... Why wouldn't BBP be rBBP?! Kinda. Obviously it can't be some of the things outlined in the idea, but most of them it can. Isn't it better to attract investors directly with BBP coin, rather than with some invisible internal asset? That way BBP could be seen at CoinMarketCap, exchanges and everywhere else, but rBBP would hardly make an impact. And I think having an asset inside an asset is too convoluted anyway, even for a technical user, not to mention an average user. And if the coin wants to be for the masses, Christians, philanthropists etc, then I think it shouldn't be made too hard to use (which is in line with my argument about charity features in Qt). You have my support if BiblePay itself could be made in any way more in line with your idea of rBBP, or even generally your revised idea of what BiblePay should and should not be. I think we are still a very early and small community and that even bigger changes could still be made without dissent. The past has shown that the majority of users were OK with the changes, even when they caused some issues.

Thank you for reading, I hope I have inspired some discussion.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 07:20:37 PM

On the increasing letter fee:  There will be zero letter fees on other pools, because there will not be letters.  The other pools offer mining only.

The other pools that pop up dont have the ability to send the letters to compassion through the API.  Only the "biblepay-central" website can do that (that is currently pool.biblepay.org).

I am increasing the fee because we are not receiving one new outbound letter per day to the orphans.

I dont think you understand the feature.  The feature gets shut off once we have more than 105 outbound letters in a 60 day period, then the pool fees return to zero, until orphans need written to again.

I appreciate your concern that a child might want a new pair of shoes, and that is understandable if you dont currently have an account with compassion.  The compassion letters from pastors constantly remind me that I should be writing one letter per month to each child.  That is why the feature is so important. 

Regarding the retirement account feature, that is an add-on feature, and it is designed to enhance biblepay.  It does not change the original vision.  The original vision is going to be extended until I realize we provide real world value to the blockchain.  I would suggest trying to help us add value instead of trying to hamper our growth efforts.

One way you can help, is to realize we are a grass roots organization that needs your help, not your management of others.  For example, it would be helpful if you would create an entire wiki page describing how the pool works and then asking us to add it to the help section of the pool (instead of trying to direct me to add snippets to the pool help section). 

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 07:23:01 PM

I just saw the letter fee went above 5%. Is there any maximum of the fee and how can I avoid it? Need an instruction on the pool page.

6%

6%

Edit: Also, since the pool is open source, someone could remove this fee? BTW, the fee is paid to the pool or orphan foundation?

This is just to coax you to write one letter.  If you write a letter it goes to zero.  If the community writes 105 letters, it goes to zero until the 60 day period starts to be exceeded, then it appears again (in order to maintain 105 outbound letters per 60 days).

Regarding other pools, they do not have expenses, fundraisers, orphan lists, outbound letters, inbound letters, or letter fees.
Technically once they crop up, I will either have to lower the fee to keep miners, or just lose miners to other pools.

I want the feature because I know how important it is.  The only other alternative is to allow us to launch proposals to fund letter writing and slowly decommission the feature.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:48:58 PM

POOL

I think there are at least one maybe two other people working on setting up other pools,
Rob released the pool source code about 3 days ago: https://github.com/biblepay/BiblePayPool

===

LETTER WRITING

I think it took me a few minutes to write a letter, I used the other approved letters as examples, I was in the same boat and had no idea what to say.
Letters also have to be upvoted to be sent, so that should filter out low quality letters.

I agree that letter writing is probably not known about by most pool miners, so there is definitely room to improve on communicating with miners about it,
like the help guide tab mentioned, or even like a link next to the letter writing fee.

I also think the letters table could use some filtering capabilities and maybe by default hide already approved and sent letters.

Overall I don't think its too harsh of a requirement, a few minutes every 2 months to potentially help make a kid feel cared for.
[Keep in mind, some of these kids only have 1 parent or no parents (parent(s) abandoned them or died)]

The Questions to Think About:
Why are we writing letters?
How do we motivate people to write letters? (carrot vs stick)
Why only pool miners penalized for not writing letters? Should solo miners also have to write letters?
How do we better inform/communicate users about letter writing?
How do we motivate people to upvote and downvote letters?

===

RETIREMENT COINS (rBBP)

I think the retirement coins ideas is interesting, Im still a bit confused about its utility/purpose (and I think most others will be confused) but I think I just need to re-read and let it stew in my brain some more. A lot of people love NEO and it has something called Gas, Ive never looked into it yet.

===

Interesting things I've seen recently for other coins:
- TOR wallet for Vertcoin
- Web Browser mining of Monero

inblue

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:05:47 PM

POOL

I think there are at least one maybe two other people working on setting up other pools,
Rob released the pool source code about 3 days ago: https://github.com/biblepay/BiblePayPool

===

LETTER WRITING

I think it took me a few minutes to write a letter, I used the other approved letters as examples, I was in the same boat and had no idea what to say.
Letters also have to be upvoted to be sent, so that should filter out low quality letters.

I agree that letter writing is probably not known about by most pool miners, so there is definitely room to improve on communicating with miners about it,
like the help guide tab mentioned, or even like a link next to the letter writing fee.

I also think the letters table could use some filtering capabilities and maybe by default hide already approved and sent letters.

Overall I don't think its too harsh of a requirement, a few minutes every 2 months to potentially help make a kid feel cared for.
[Keep in mind, some of these kids only have 1 parent or no parents (parent(s) abandoned them or died)]

Why only pool miners penalized for not writing letters? Should solo miners also have to write letters?

===

RETIREMENT COINS (rBBP)

I think the retirement coins ideas is interesting, Im still a bit confused about its utility/purpose (and I think most others will be confused) but I think I just need to re-read and let it stew in my brain some more. A lot of people love NEO and it has something called Gas, Ive never looked into it yet.

===

Thank you for the constructive post.
seeksilence

Activity: 239
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:28:22 PM

Letter writing should be awarded instead of penalized. Current way is not good. I am really not good at writing. Just copy and make a few changes does not make sense to me. Also there should be a least a cap like 5%. I do not mind to pay 5% to support charity. But any fee above 5% is kind of ridiculous. Let someone with talent to write the letter and get some rewards.

If the fee keep rising without a cap, I will try to follow the instruction to build a pool. But at the first glance, the instruction is hard to follow.

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 08:45:34 PM

Letter writing should be awarded instead of penalized. Current way is not good. I am really not good at writing. Just copy and make a few changes does not make sense to me. Also there should be a least a cap like 5%. I do not mind to pay 5% to support charity. But any fee above 5% is kind of ridiculous. Let someone with talent to write the letter and get some rewards.

If the fee keep rising without a cap, I will try to follow the instruction to build a pool. But at the first glance, the instruction is hard to follow.

You make a good point.

I agree, its getting to the level where it is almost "redicules" now, so lets all try to think of a stopgap.

Probably the most obvious stopgap is this the short term:

** Anyone who has a pool account that has not written a letter to an orphan yet, please consider clicking on Orphans | Active Sponsored Orphan List, and clicking on one that says "Need Written"=TRUE, and please, write one letter to one of our orphans. **

The intermediate solution:  Rewarding the ones that are good at letter writing.  TBD.  Ideas are welcome.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 09:00:11 PM

Regarding the retirement accounts, let me explain some of the nuances that I am taking for granted that might not be apparent to the user.

One, adding features to the actual wallet (not the web site), is a level of magnitude harder than web programming.  Anything we successfully pull off that lasts for the long term that adds value to the blockchain should be considered a breakthrough.  Im searching for the most useful and novel features that can be implemented without security problems.  In-wallet trading is one of them that I don't see in other wallets.  Off the bat, I think a QT-wallet with in-wallet trading between distinct assets (one with a distinct value per coin traded for another distinct value is a novel breakthrough - for a feature in the RPC).

Moving on, I want to establish that the money supply quantity of biblepay would be independent of rBBP.  In one year, we would have 900 million BiblePay,  and 96 million retirement coins (two distinct assets with distinct value per coin).  The BBP would be deflating at a rate of 1.5% per month (18% per year) while the retirement emission would be deflating at 1% per day (365+% per year).

The real world use case for this is:  giving the user the ability to store fiat in a deflating account.  I dont know of a place that I can take $1000 of fiat, and store it in a deflating asset deflating at such a rapid rate.  This gives holders of rBBP the propensity to lock up some free BBP  as an investment (hence the name retirement account) instead of spending the free BBP.  Looking at it another way, if you accumulate 10 million BBP and decide to start 5 sanctuaries, and you have 5 mil laying around, this retirement account is a "safe haven" for you to temporarily move the money.  Its sort of like one of those money market funds you sweep extra BBP into.  Thats the idea, to create an environment to see if the value of the retirement account mathematically bears out any resemblance to the theoretical return of its diminishing supply. 

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
znffal

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:27:18 PM

I am having a problem connecting to the node too. So to connect via one of my peers would I just type:

Code:
addnode "121.99.196.86:xxxxx" "onetry"

where the address is the node id address (or should it be the "via"?)

Thanks
Telnet is connecting successfully right now- we may have overloaded the connection count at that time on the seed nodes.
(Windows can only handle 1024 connections).
You can also try:  Biblepay.inspect.network is another good one to add as a seed node.

From a command line try this
telnet biblepay.inspect.network 40000

If that connects you should be able to add the addnode= to your config file and restart.
Also:
addnode=node.biblepay.org

Thanks! The thing that worked for me was to reindex the wallet.
inblue

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:30:07 PM

Could someone explain this? I'm just curious what happened here. Since the blockchain seems to be working perfectly, maybe it's some kind of a latency issue when the block explorer picks up information about blocks? Otherwise, miners wouldn't be able to find a new block with a two iterations old hash, right?
billysunday2000

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:41:40 PM

Now this sounds different than you normal new crypto coins.  I will interesting to see out it turns out.  I will have to look into to this more... THANKS for the update
znffal

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:08:54 PM

POOL

===

LETTER WRITING

===

RETIREMENT COINS (rBBP)

===

Re: - Web Browser mining of Monero

Full disclosure: I don;t understand enough to know how viable this would be, or how efficient it would be, but:

In my opinion this would be amazing for the simple reason that it would (give an option to) simplify mining for ANYONE. Imagine if my mum, who can turn on a computer and click Google Chrome but not much else, could simply click a link in her web browser and then she is mining, helping the orphans/charity, supporting the network, and possibly earning for herself.

If it could be set up to either enter your BBP address OR directly mine to the charity address then that would be perfect. In this way we can say to Christians in churches everywhere, if you want to help these chairties, simply click this link and leave it running. Simple.
znffal

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:29:59 PM

6%

6%

I note that since this has been discussed on here there have been ~2 more letters and a bunch more upvotes for letters.

I think we need to make a clear set of instruction on how and why to write letters (not just for the fees, but because these kids need and love to receive these letters).

Then, once a month of so, we should create a post here, on reddit, on the forum, and anywhere else where people read and learn about biblepay, reminding then to write and vote for the letters.

We have plenty of miners, sometimes we need a reminder Wink
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 01:17:36 AM

POOL

===

LETTER WRITING

===

RETIREMENT COINS (rBBP)

===

Full disclosure: I don;t understand enough to know how viable this would be, or how efficient it would be, but:

In my opinion this would be amazing for the simple reason that it would (give an option to) simplify mining for ANYONE. Imagine if my mum, who can turn on a computer and click Google Chrome but not much else, could simply click a link in her web browser and then she is mining, helping the orphans/charity, supporting the network, and possibly earning for herself.

If it could be set up to either enter your BBP address OR directly mine to the charity address then that would be perfect. In this way we can say to Christians in churches everywhere, if you want to help these chairties, simply click this link and leave it running. Simple.

Hey eh eh, thats not a bad idea.  When Togo brought it up originally I thought it was an in wallet web browser.  The reason I didnt give that much thought is there are a couple problems with (the feature that opens the qt5 in-wallet browser and navigates to a page, such as a branded trading page that is really running on the c-cex web server)- but as you know we have the accountability button but that opens in firefox (thats a different browser launch type).

Anyway, moving on to this one-click mining idea, actually that is not too bad of an idea for those who really dont want to deal with a wallet.  Normally this would be kind of hard to pull off, because you need either an ASIC standalone miner, or GPU, and all the settings, but with us, we have the integrated QT miner, and in a browser like IE, you could technically have an activeX control signed by biblepay, create the wallet.dat file and launch an instance in the pool.  It would probably be better for us to start with a one-click package manager that automates the whole install, configures the miner, creates a pool account for you and launches.  But I could see people losing their coins, not knowing what a wallet.dat is, not being able to log into the pool to pull the BBP out, etc.  I think we would need at least a concise guide and some rudimentary understanding so they keep coming back.  But anyway, if anyone wants to take the ActiveX idea and go to town you could build one using the QT compile and the info known by one of the new pools.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
616westwarmoth

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:52:48 AM

You make a good point.

I agree, its getting to the level where it is almost "redicules" now, so lets all try to think of a stopgap.

Probably the most obvious stopgap is this the short term:

** Anyone who has a pool account that has not written a letter to an orphan yet, please consider clicking on Orphans | Active Sponsored Orphan List, and clicking on one that says "Need Written"=TRUE, and please, write one letter to one of our orphans. **

The intermediate solution:  Rewarding the ones that are good at letter writing.  TBD.  Ideas are welcome.

Yes, other pools are hopefully coming (mine I'm still struggling with but have two days off, so it's project job one!).  Two things could be handy, one, capping the max non-writer at 5% or less (3% would be my suggestion).  Second, advertising better that letter writing is subsidized by the "penalty" fee.  Side note, it may be too long ago, but I cannot find the letter subsidy in my history (nor for that matter the pool subsidy from the Oct 1 issue).  Might be because the fields in distribution history look sortable but I cannot do that in firefox.

The longer term solution is to have a definitive reward system for writing and the ability to subsidize it directly from the operating fund.  Nothing huge, but a few hundred per approved letter up to once every 30 days.  Have the MN give the letter writing priviledge for Orphan 47 to User 113.  And really the letter writing should be split from the function of the pool, to a function of a dedicated website or sub-domain. 

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
inblue

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 07:31:39 AM

Hey eh eh, thats not a bad idea.  When Togo brought it up originally I thought it was an in wallet web browser.  The reason I didnt give that much thought is there are a couple problems with (the feature that opens the qt5 in-wallet browser and navigates to a page, such as a branded trading page that is really running on the c-cex web server)- but as you know we have the accountability button but that opens in firefox (thats a different browser launch type).

Anyway, moving on to this one-click mining idea, actually that is not too bad of an idea for those who really dont want to deal with a wallet.  Normally this would be kind of hard to pull off, because you need either an ASIC standalone miner, or GPU, and all the settings, but with us, we have the integrated QT miner, and in a browser like IE, you could technically have an activeX control signed by biblepay, create the wallet.dat file and launch an instance in the pool.  It would probably be better for us to start with a one-click package manager that automates the whole install, configures the miner, creates a pool account for you and launches.  But I could see people losing their coins, not knowing what a wallet.dat is, not being able to log into the pool to pull the BBP out, etc.  I think we would need at least a concise guide and some rudimentary understanding so they keep coming back.  But anyway, if anyone wants to take the ActiveX idea and go to town you could build one using the QT compile and the info known by one of the new pools.

Just a heads up about ActiveX:

Despite Microsoft's previous efforts to make ActiveX cross-platform, most ActiveX controls will not work on all platforms, so using ActiveX controls to implement essential functionality of a web page restricts its usefulness. South Korea has started to remove this technology from their public websites in order to make their web site accessible to more platforms.

Microsoft dropped ActiveX support from the Windows Store edition of Internet Explorer 10 in Windows 8. In 2015, Microsoft Edge, the replacement for Internet Explorer, dropped ActiveX support, marking the end of the technology in Microsoft's web browser development.

It looks like there is a more modern and less painful way to do it with node.js, so if this could work for BiblePay, that would be great news. You can look at the Monero web mining project and see if it can be utilized:

https://coinhive.com/

https://github.com/cazala/coin-hive

Very simple for the user and it just works off the bat. In every browser, without plugins, even on mobile phones. It can be tested immediately on the website. It's UI can even be easily customized etc.

And since recently it works for any stratum pool (although BBP pool doesn't look like it's using stratum). But maybe this code could be forked and tailored for BiblePay specifics, if someone is familiar with node.js. I would be willing to help since I have some small experience with node.js, but I don't know where to start, because I don't know the requirements of BiblePay.
Pages: « 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »
  Print  

Jump to: