Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:38:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay - New Coin Launch - Official Thread  (Read 119794 times)
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 12:38:49 PM

bible_pay:  guide for masternode on wikiforum is user-friendly? and fix your wiki ASTERNODE(SANCTUARY) SUPPORT: Supported after Christmas 20117  
Yeah, Togo is helping fork mine into more userfriendly and mine is under development Here:

http://wiki.biblepay.org/Create_Masternode

(I dont see the spelling mistake though).

We are still making changes in testnet, its not complete yet.  We are adding Budgets to the process now.

You might be refferring to a different page; please post it and the line # you refer to if there is a bug?

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 12:46:25 PM

for example : what is DAO ... in my job,its new marker in diagnosis of histamine intolerance.. diaminooxidaza (DAO)
for BBP what is DAO is secret for me and more ppl from my neighborhood

Robert:areyour thinking about non-english states for writing letters? 2% fees on new pool will better choice like write letters=with downvoting from idiots  Roll Eyes

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 12:49:27 PM

Really like the logo entry from Vascallis B. No offense to artist, it looks cool, but personally I think the current logo looks like a shadow has fallen over earth and the seas have turned to lava, while a giant cross stems from Mecca... Tongue
Edit:I take the shadow part of that back, the continents are only black on the pool website haha
Yeah, I see that one is the popular one, Oh my.  I thought the angel was Satan on his throne from standing far back at first, and it sort of looks like we are pushing the crusades.  
Its not bad, but I wouldnt think it ended as our Pro #1 logo.  If it does win, I hope we can put some makeup on it like pick some custom colors, make the cross look more Christian based instead of Crusade based, and make the angel look angelic, and change the font type of the divine slogan, etc.  I like the masculine part about it though, it reminds me of a logo for a fire department.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 12:54:02 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2017, 01:11:14 PM by bible_pay

for example : what is DAO ... in my job,its new marker in diagnosis of histamine intolerance.. diaminooxidaza (DAO)
for BBP what is DAO is secret for me and more ppl

Robert:areyour thinking about non-english states for writing letters? 2% fees on new pool will better choice like write letters=with downvoting from idiots  Roll Eyes
A DAO is a decentralized autonomous organization.  It means we are trying to create a decentralized org that does not rely on biblepay-central to operate.  The charities are voted for by the sanctuaries, one charity volunteer spends it each month to the charity, the community writes the orphan letters, and we act as a unified org but we are a decentralized coin that wont die if the lead dev dies or if the main pool web site gets hit by a nuke.  Yes, between now and Christmas compassion wouldnt get paid and you would have to solo mine, but after Christmas, no single point of failure will exist- thats a DAO.  We are a DAC (decentralized autonomous charitable org).

Yes, regarding translation, sort of.  On the bright side, the pool does support multi language captions, but its not finished (waiting for the new devs).
Compassion will auto-translate the letter to the childs native language though, so you can actually write a letter in Polish if you want.  Maybe we should try it and see what they do with it?

I'm going to lower letter writing fees back down once we hit the target, as long as people are motivated with the current bounty it will sort of govern itself. People seem to be writing now with a reward of over 3000 a letter, meaning that the percent should be reduced eventually- I think the issue with that is more people are taking the time to try it now and will be more involved going forward.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 01:45:06 PM

For those not aware, we have sponsored a logo contest at Freelancer.

The contest entry phase has now closed.  We have 14 days to select a winner. Most of the entries are for JUST a logo, and not the complete package, so I will get in touch with Freelancer to determine how we can get additional material guaranteed with the prize money.  So the following link is the pool to select from what I think are the eight front runners (I'd have liked to had 10 but eight is the limit).  Many of the front runners submitted multiple designs with various tweaks and most seemed receptive to changes.

Go, vote and lets see if we have a new logo!

https://www.freelancer.com/contest/poll-MTE1NzAwNDox

If you'd like to donate BBP to help defray the costs, my donation address is BGtF8NTiUF3cTMJ62Ps7G1wtYU7sD5nkvG but please give feedback on the contest without feeling any obligation.

Lets recognize this logo contest West is holding for us, and thank West for holding the contest.

THANK YOU WEST!

His donation address is :
BGtF8NTiUF3cTMJ62Ps7G1wtYU7sD5nkvG

At our current market price (.0007), we will need to raise 571,000 biblepay coins to pay for this $400 expense as a community!  (Without waiting til January to create a proposal).  So I think we need to start pitching in on this one so he is reimbursed for his credit card expense.  

Could we please post here, everyone who donates, and West please keep tabs of what you still need and just keep reposting after you receive something in the kitty until the balance is down low enough for it to end.

I just sent 70,000 BBP to West to Kick this off.

Please consider donating for our logo.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
seeksilence

Activity: 239
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 02:29:35 PM

30,000bbp donated to west.

616westwarmoth

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 02:42:47 PM

Yeah even though I like the actual elements themselves, and the divine slogan, I think Togo has a point - the lettering is possibly cluttering up the design and people might actually like the cleaner look like this one - for it to standout from a distance in partner pages and this one looks very distinct and original:

Out of all of the remaining 8, to me only 446 looks really professional like it might work for us:

In my opinion.

*If* we all were to go with 446, I would think maybe raise the center quadrant bar up higher in the coin to make it look like a cross, and see if the community likes the two current colors (Gold and red) -

In the end the one we pick, we can ask the designer to make one version of the coin with an edge with our divine slogan (just to have it), but the primary usable coin would be the clearer one.

But, being fair, I do like this 446 better than the one we have at least in the sense that we can tailor it a little more with some community thoughts before we receive the delivery (I hope).

West, will this freelancer poll work for us to pick the winner, or do we need a separate poll embedded on forum.biblepay.org?

There are a few other logos out that I have to sift through to start a 2nd poll, will get that done here in the next hour or so and post the link.  As far as picking the winner, the poll is just to help assist, but in the end the contest maker has to hit a button that says "award prize" or something like that.  So, I'd like to have a clear idea of what we like and don't, and get it narrowed down to two or at most three logos, then hit up the designers to make any minor adjustments and get the total design package.

And let me say thanks for all the feedback and support.

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
616westwarmoth

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 03:06:32 PM

And here are the more iconic logos in a 2nd poll.

https://www.freelancer.com/contest/poll-MTE1NzAwNDoy

nananaminer

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 05:23:03 PM

Out of all the previous ones, 351 and 311 are good. It'll look better with a different font face though.
I personally like minimal designs, my preference for the logo is something that incorporates all the values but not literally embed them all over the logo.
If we want to be a top-50 coin, we need to show the values but also have a modern touch to it.

@bible_pay Any reason for sticking with the current color swatches? I'm sure we can get more creative ones with a little bit of experimentation and creative freedom.
Brighter colors stand out and can help with more discoverability.

Donated 10,000 BBP to west (BGtF8NTiUF3cTMJ62Ps7G1wtYU7sD5nkvG) for the contest. Thanks for your help!
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 05:57:13 PM

30,000bbp donated to west   Wink  

amen

616westwarmoth

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 06:37:58 PM

Thank you all so much for the donations, I'm proud to be a part of this coin, and hope to be a part of it's success.  Yes, I would like it to enrich me, but I see that if I benefit personally from the coin, the amount of good that can be done via charity will be enormous.  A new logo may help us.  And once again thank you to the Dev for all his hard work, to run the logo contest has been a pleasure!  I hope we can narrow it down by the start of next week and move to the next step of getting the total logo package built and implemented.

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 08:49:04 PM

Out of all the previous ones, 351 and 311 are good. It'll look better with a different font face though.
I personally like minimal designs, my preference for the logo is something that incorporates all the values but not literally embed them all over the logo.
If we want to be a top-50 coin, we need to show the values but also have a modern touch to it.

@bible_pay Any reason for sticking with the current color swatches? I'm sure we can get more creative ones with a little bit of experimentation and creative freedom.

Donated 10,000 BBP to west (BGtF8NTiUF3cTMJ62Ps7G1wtYU7sD5nkvG) for the contest. Thanks for your help!

I'm absolutely not tied to a color swatch.   I still like 446 the best though- if the center white line was a little higher and slightly thicker it would make a cross.  If you or anyone wants to make a topic for colors on forum.biblepay.org you can make a topic and poll there and maybe some on-board graphic designer could drop some empty coins in there (with colors) to give us something to vote on.  If not, we can tweak the one that wins in the final week, but we would be sort of flying blind, except for colors gleaned from the example coins.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 09:05:45 PM

I'm absolutely not tied to a color swatch.   I still like 446 the best though- if the center white line was a little higher and slightly thicker it would make a cross.  If you or anyone wants to make a topic for colors on forum.biblepay.org you can make a topic and poll there and maybe some on-board graphic designer could drop some empty coins in there (with colors) to give us something to vote on.  If not, we can tweak the one that wins in the final week, but we would be sort of flying blind, except for colors gleaned from the example coins.

Hi,

Looking at 351 close up, I think  I do like it.  I was just thinking, if we end up voting for 351, maybe we can put the dove, the angel, the fruit (grapes) and the children inside those shield quadrants?  That would be a pretty nice logo, and vote on the colors on the forum, and change the font to something a little more modern?

Vote on the one you all like please, I think West will receive feedback stars.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 09:09:46 PM

trying to add biblepay for voting at yobit.net exchange
but need more info, such as:

number of blocks: 202 per day
money supply: 200,000,000 with a max of 5.2 billion
min commission: Use recommended setting
block time: 7 minutes
dev language: English
type :   pow isn't it?  POW, with Masternodes in a few months
secp256k1 ver   :  Open SSL 1.0.1k
email:    rob@biblepay.org

Sure!  Thanks for getting us started.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 09:48:54 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2017, 11:38:25 PM by togoshigekata

Our Current Logo:  http://biblepay.org/template_files/logo.png

Other Top Coin Logos: http://ukcryptocurrency.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/order.png

===================================================================

Freelancer Poll 1:  https://www.freelancer.com/contest/poll-MTE1NzAwNDox

Freelancer Poll 2: https://www.freelancer.com/contest/poll-MTE1NzAwNDoy

===================================================================

Togo Minimalistic Ideas:  https://imgur.com/a/rzIzw

========

Talking about a logo brings up deep questions about the project
just some questions to stir thought:

is this a Religious coin or a Charity coin or both?
And if religious, is it only or mainly Christian?
(The source code has the King James Bible inside of it)

What symbols represent the project?
Letter B? BBP? BiblePay?
Cross? World/Globe? Bible? Helping Hands? Heart?
Dove? Angel? Children?

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 01:38:30 AM

Talking about a logo brings up deep questions about the project
just some questions to stir thought:

is this a Religious coin or a Charity coin or both?
And if religious, is it only or mainly Christian?
(The source code has the King James Bible inside of it)

What symbols represent the project?
Letter B? BBP? BiblePay?
Cross? World/Globe? Bible? Helping Hands? Heart?
Dove? Angel? Children?

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I still like 446 the best after being away for a while.

I think we are a charitable DAO as a currency (not touted as a religious currency, as we are open to everyone off the street, atheists, non-believers, lukewarm, non-Christians), actually those are the people I hope to jump in, as over time something might brush off and maybe they will get saved.  The thing is, I think we can make the most impact by setting a good example and bringing people closer to the Bible.  We can lead a horse to water but we cant make them drink. 

I dont think we should start by forcing Jesus on anyone until they graduate from babies to middle school and then maybe, we have some options here, where we start promoting the Lord of Lords.  Its certainly possible we might already have 10% Buddhists, 10% Hindu, and 10% Muslim using BiblePay.  The main thing I want to accomplish is to cause the user to stumble on some verses, prayers and get their wheels considering which God is the King of Kings.  The most basic principle is to assert that God Exists to an atheist.

So with that being said, its a Charitable DAO, where the founders example was set in Jesus name.  I certainly hope by the time we go live with the sanctuaries that example will rub off on them.  But I dont wish to alienate any new users.  They can expect gentle theological discussions in the community.

BP, BBP? Good question, I dont know of a coin that is known by the trading symbol.  What do you guys think?  One symbol BBP, or BP on the coin and a trading symbol BBP?

I think its good to have the cross, the Christian cross, not the Crusades cross.  Jesus means love and that is what we are doing with our Orphans.  And the angel, children dove and fruit are neat elements even if we have to make them tiny so when we zoom out in the simplistic design (one that cannot be mistaken on a partner web site) the monochrome symbol will clearly be recognized.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
616westwarmoth

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:30:25 AM

We can certainly have both, a minimal logo for icons and the like and a complex logo for banners.  That's why I like 450 so much, it has the logo in the bottom right quadrant which could stand alone as the "main logo" for most things but the full logo for banners and the like.  We had over 450 entries so there was a lot that got repeated in different color schemes and a lot of similar ideas, but most the basic logos tended to be just a B with $$ or the like.  Entry 429 lends itself to standalone use. 

In the end I do agree we need a stripped down logo for things like coinmarketcap, but having a deluxe logo is pretty alluring as well.

Gawain

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:37:12 AM

Upon looking at 427 again, despite being my favourite it seems to have a bit too much going on. If it ends up as community choice perhaps the arching lines between the arms of the cross could be taken out? just a suggestion. What drew me to it is that it looks like it would make the best coin if it were a physical object, but it might not be the best for a cryptocurrency logo. I have an archaic mind I guess Tongue
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 01:03:24 PM

I see we can read the bible inside the wallet,
but I want a darker background(black or dark grey) with darkish-orange letters(not bright),
because the white background hurts the eyes.

dull-orange(not bright orange) letters on a dark-background(i find this is one of the best combinations to be easier on the eyes)
http://pichoster.net/images/2017/10/22/89eb7378b2afb03431d07f7c7218c70a.png

*note: i am not advertising any other coins, this pic is used just for illustration purposes only
(i cannot post pics here at bitcointalk.org with this new account yet)

maybe offer users the option for different themes in the biblepay wallet, but also for reading the bible?

also, the ability to have bold letters would be my favorite, sometimes the non-bold letters do not show well on the dark background.

*note: i am not accustomed to the commands in the paint program on this new computer, my old computer broke which had programs i was more familiar with, so the pic isn't as good as it could be, but gives you the idea of what i am talking about
Yes, and some of the most powerful prayers are built in too (Under the Bible menu).
Could you try this first please: Click settings | options | display | user interface theme, and change the theme, and tell us if any of those work?  Im just curious if it changes your bible background color.  If not let us know and we can probably make a dark theme when we get the new logo pack in and add it to that theme dropdown.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
benres

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 01:23:44 PM

The King James Version is one of the most widely released Bible since it was translated to English by the famous King, praying for your success to spread the Holy Scriptures around the world!
Pages: « 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »
  Print  

Jump to: