Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:27:29 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay - New Coin Launch - Official Thread  (Read 119796 times)
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 10:35:54 PM

Im still not quite understanding HPS1 and HPS2. My hps1 is pretty stable while HPS2 varies greatly.
HPS1 is what the client tells the pool the speed of the node is, HPS2 is how the pool measures you.
The reason we havent removed #1 yet is with the algo changes in f8000 coming it will be useful to see the changes for debug purposes.

The hps2 should be stable over longer than 30 mins.  Each round is about 15 mins, and hps2 is how many shares your node has solved in the current round.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 10:36:54 PM

i have at least 4 wallets though.. if most miners do as well thats around 1800 users. Seems accurate. We are growing and that is great. Once sanctuaries are live, marketing can ramp up. I have some pretty techy contacts in Christian orgs like Lifechurch in OK

great work Dev, 616 and Togo... all those involved.
Thanks, well although we have a lot of spinning plates right now and things are going well behind the scenes (F8000 is almost ready for testing in testnet, you can be awarded a colored coin in testnet, check your retirement balance, send 401k coins to yourself and book a trading order for retirement coins), a brand new idea has surfaced today that is very positive related to ecommerce and master-sanctuaries (Or God Nodes).  I will be going into detail with it soon to help forge its usefulness.

In the mean time, what is the general feeling about the term "God Node"?  Background: The sanctuaries are our brand of masternodes.  These allow us to be decentralized, and the sanctuary operators may vote on current issues to alleviate decisions from being made by biblepay-central (IE the community can run itself).  To provide more valuable features to the blockchain, I am planning on adding a hierarchical level above the sanctuary, for whale investors who happen to be highly technically savvy.  Right now, I think the requirement of the "whale" is something like 15 million BBP, and the whale would need to run a copy of the pool on a high power server (Kind of like if MinersForMen's background pool node staked 15 million escrow, then NSummy would be a God Node).  On a side note, the reason these requirements are forming, is because its starting to appear that the ecommerce/market making/and accountability site of biblepay-central may run on the chosen God Node.  Basically, the idea is our sanctuaries would run a DNS server, and become the phonebook to resolve outside HTTP traffic to the current God Node.  (The God Node is one node that is chosen by the sanctuaries as a "winner" to service HTTP traffic for one hour at a time).  Once DNS is updated, outside traffic coming in to accountability site would be routed to the God Node.  The God Node would also run a pool, simply because the God Node software would get synced in and auto-updated through the pool github code automatically as it changes, using the SFTP syncing system.  There is a huge
 additional technological feature that Im going to describe in detail over the next week related to ecommerce that the God Node would facilitate, so the users from the command line could execute the commands.

I am wondering, is it wrong to call the chosen God Node a God Node?  Should it be a Master sanctuary?  Any better terms?  If its not blasphemous, we could call it a God Node.

The God Node puts up 10-15* the escrow as a normal sanctuary, but is remunerated at the same commensurate level (IE if escrow is 10*, the reward is 10*), so they technically dont get any better treatment than individual sanctuaries, but they give us the ability to run locked processes.  They also auto-update their code, whereas normal sanctuaries must upgrade.

I personally would prefer something like 'Master Sanctuary', but that's because I'm a bit reserved in using the word 'God'.

Yeah, agreed, so far Master Sanctuary and Temple arent too bad, but not as catchy as God Node... Hmmm... Lets keep thinking of runners up.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
YourMom420

Activity: 430
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:08:06 AM

What was the address for the 2nd pool? How difficult is it to set up a pool? I have a bunch of spare computers.
m4tsby

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:38:54 AM

I feel like God Node is a bit irreverent...just my .02. What about Divine Node or Providence Node?
Gawain

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 04:06:25 AM

I've got a few questions and suggestions about orphan letters here. I'm wondering if letters that don't reach 7 upvotes are leaving children without letters because it says needwritten false but letters to them are not going through, is there a number of downvotes in place to get rid of letters to ensure orphans are being written to? I see some letters with double digit down votes. Also, I was unaware that I had at times been writing to orphans who had sent us letters already and failed to mention their comments or remark on the lovely pictures they are sending, perhaps there could be a separate tab for orphans who have started correspondence with their personal details and their letters in one place, and a separate tab for those who are yet to send us anything? Not that looking through the inbound letters list is difficult but for clarity and simplicity it may be better, especially as the number of sponsored orphans increases.
akamy789

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 04:19:58 AM

As you can see from CoinMarketCap.com, there are more than 660 kinds of encrypted digital money, but only a few are widely used, hope that your application can progress to stand out
616westwarmoth

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 04:41:32 AM

Any further thoughts on the logos?  I need to get with our top two or three contenders to have them finish a logo package and then decide which we want.  Right now 446 is by far the leader, with three others pretty much tied for 2nd (427 390 467).  I'll reach out to 446, and I guess the question is, what would be our other choice as I don't want to have too many designers spend what I imagine will be a fair amount of time when there will only be one winner.

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:40:41 AM

I've got a few questions and suggestions about orphan letters here. I'm wondering if letters that don't reach 7 upvotes are leaving children without letters because it says needwritten false but letters to them are not going through, is there a number of downvotes in place to get rid of letters to ensure orphans are being written to? I see some letters with double digit down votes. Also, I was unaware that I had at times been writing to orphans who had sent us letters already and failed to mention their comments or remark on the lovely pictures they are sending, perhaps there could be a separate tab for orphans who have started correspondence with their personal details and their letters in one place, and a separate tab for those who are yet to send us anything? Not that looking through the inbound letters list is difficult but for clarity and simplicity it may be better, especially as the number of sponsored orphans increases.

I fully agree that this proces can be more streamlined. Now I have to open 3 tabs (inbound letters, outbound letters, and orpan list) to make sure I'm typing to the right kid with the right information.

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
edward0181

Activity: 276

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 06:55:26 AM

Can someone help me compile on ubuntu 16.
keep getting error wallet/crypter.cpp:226:20: error: aggregate ‘EVP_CIPHER_CTX ctx’ has incomplete type and cannot be defined

Thanks
Hi Ed,
That EVP_CIPHER_CTX is a constant in openssl.  Most likely your ubuntu box has an older version of openssl already on it so it is not preferring the new version.  We have been compiling with open ssl 101k.  Could you please try looking on this page:
https://github.com/biblepay/biblepay/blob/master/doc/build-unix.md

For the openssl dependency, re-apt-install it and then try compiling again?

Good luck.

Will try to do so.
Strange as some of my servers do accept building, and a few don't.
Anyway, will try to build.

Anyother small question, is there a stand alone miner avail, as it's not really needed to run 12 wallets for mining, as I'll be only using one for collecting.

Keep up the good work, like the idea behind this coin.

edward0181

Activity: 276

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 08:51:10 AM

Well... Build on one Ubuntu server and just send biblepay cli and daemon to other servers was faster.
All working well, just wondering how many blocks it takes to confirm a block?
Have been on pool almost a day and still balance is unconfirmed.

Thanks

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 01:21:04 PM

Can someone help me compile on ubuntu 16.
keep getting error wallet/crypter.cpp:226:20: error: aggregate ‘EVP_CIPHER_CTX ctx’ has incomplete type and cannot be defined

Thanks
Hi Ed,
That EVP_CIPHER_CTX is a constant in openssl.  Most likely your ubuntu box has an older version of openssl already on it so it is not preferring the new version.  We have been compiling with open ssl 101k.  Could you please try looking on this page:
https://github.com/biblepay/biblepay/blob/master/doc/build-unix.md

For the openssl dependency, re-apt-install it and then try compiling again?

Good luck.

Will try to do so.
Strange as some of my servers do accept building, and a few don't.
Anyway, will try to build.

Anyother small question, is there a stand alone miner avail, as it's not really needed to run 12 wallets for mining, as I'll be only using one for collecting.

Keep up the good work, like the idea behind this coin.

We actually don't support mining outside of the wallet- the user must mine using either biblepay-qt or biblepayd.  This is to prevent porting to an ASIC.  The miner loads the whole KJV bible in RAM and hashes it against the blockindex while its mining.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
whirling_blue

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:28:13 PM

I agree with others that God Node sounds irreverent. I also agree with JC.Denton that masternodes should be the focus for now.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 01:35:56 PM

I like the communication and the expression of potential unique features such as a "Master Sanctuary" which is essentially an amplified masternode. I will however state that I don't think its a good idea at the current stage of the project. I think development should be constrained to Sanctuaries even in the medium term. Once Sanctuaries are live and deployable by the layman this project will take off. There is no need to incentivize whales beyond multiple masternodes. If a whale wants to participate with 15million biblepay stake, then let them run 15 or 30 masternodes, which ever is the cost. It would reinforce the network in a much more solid manner than to have a tiered caste system of masternodes.

Thanks for the advice, yes I agree 100% that we have to throttle resources appropriately.  I have a very strong sense of IT resource management grounded in reality as over the years Ive been burned on hard on IT deadlines and have adjusted it down to reality over the years.  

I agree on the comment of GodNode being slightly irreverent. Thank you.  When you have that 'feeling' in your stomach, its usually right.  Ill write down the top 7 we have so far and maybe we will make it into a vote later.

So JC I want to say - the Master Sanctuary (TBD) is not really driven by either greed or a quick to market solution-and I did not mean to imply the master sanctuary would be running the advanced solution at Christmas.  There are a couple processes that we really need in BiblePay that I feel will propel us into the top 50 if we can pull them off.  One has to do with a storefront API being embedded in the wallet.  To the user, I would really like to give them the ability to go to the RPC, and using a command similar to 'sendmoney address', we can allow them to purchase a NKJV bible with biblepays through a Master sanctuary.  If for example they typed in their address, city, state, zip into the config file.  Then maybe 'list products' and 'buy product 10000 11000'.  What Im thinking is the chosen hourly Sanctuary would run the accountability.biblepay.org, and also be a broker for bible purchases that become dropped shipped from the command line.  There is also another major feature I have to discuss.

So from a high level, Im very cognizant about the actual deliverables, but stepping down into reality, I think it would appear more like this for our end users in this case:

At Christmas, a sanctuary can be either lets say 1.1 million bbp for the standard one, or 11 million BBP for the master.  The second flavor of course requires the equivalent of running a pool and costs the user $60 a month extra.  During the first few months, the larger master sanctuary would only do one extra thing: run a web site.  Im saying, I think over Q1-Q2 2018, we can then have a solid base to merge in the advanced features we want to write - into our master sanctuaries.  

This is a pattern that needs to be established to give us a large IT footprint to make us really strong and decentralized as well, but on cutting edge, with new blockchain value added services for the end user.  

The early parameters on the financial side gives us the ability to start merging the code into the right codebases, so people know what is expected from their investment.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 01:43:33 PM

Any further thoughts on the logos?  I need to get with our top two or three contenders to have them finish a logo package and then decide which we want.  Right now 446 is by far the leader, with three others pretty much tied for 2nd (427 390 467).  I'll reach out to 446, and I guess the question is, what would be our other choice as I don't want to have too many designers spend what I imagine will be a fair amount of time when there will only be one winner.

I thought 446 was really nice when I first took a look at the top 10, and I think the community has great taste, its professional looking.

We still have a chance to tweak the color scheme.  If anyone wants to take the initiative to upload swatches and hold a vote on forum.biblepay.org, go for it.

West, is it still possible for him to potentially move the center white quadrant bar up and thicken by a pixel, in order to make it look like a cross?  Can this designer send us a quick sample of that so we can paste it here?  Id like the community to be on board and have an A and B to see before we go off and tell him something they dont know about, since they are all voting on 446 right now?

Thanks,
Rob

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
slovakia

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 04:02:03 PM

tried this and get error
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/d1c1d35e3c8f67f5fb2e204479fa5c6b

nananaminer

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:05:59 PM

This is due to the compiler running out of memory(RAM).
Try clearing out any other programs occupying the memory or install in a Virtual Machine/PC that has more memory.
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:19:30 PM

You can buy BiblePay (BBP) on the C-CEX exchange for Bitcoin:  https://c-cex.com/?p=bbp-btc

Im sure there are projects you could work on for BiblePay and get paid in coins

Once sanctuaries (masternodes) are up and running I believe 5% of mined BBP coins will be going to fund the BiblePay team, so you could join the team:  https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/75hozh/slack_team/

Arya Aditama

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:24:15 PM

good project for you, i will read again your thread because i still confused about your project mean, maybe if i read again one again, i can understand about your mean
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:33:51 PM

Basically to me, BiblePay is a combination of:

DASH
- percentage of mined coins go back into funding the project, bootstrapping itself
- masternodes (sanctuaries) give ability to vote on direction / project proposals, and adds instant send and private send abilities

VERTCOIN (VTC)
- gpu / asic resistance, to combat centralization of mining seen in Bitcoin

CHARITY
- 10% of mined coins will always go towards a charity

RELIGION/CHRISTIANITY

slovakia

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:00:35 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2017, 07:26:08 PM by slovakia

nananaminer  i doubt that 2GB RAM is problem.... all my machines on mining got 2GB RAM and when manually compiled script, worked....this is any bug in BASH

sato_shi_ate you have exp and you lost your passwords+coins?  Huh Roll Eyes Grin unbelievable, irresponsible

Pages: « 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »
  Print  

Jump to: