Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 03:15:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay - New Coin Launch - Official Thread  (Read 119799 times)
noob101

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 03:06:19 PM

/quote]

Correct, you tie up about 1.1 million biblepay in an escrow address and create a sanctuary keypair, and at that point you have the privilege to run a sanctuary, which gives you voting rights for the budget, and awards you approx 1.1 million biblepay in subsidies over approx. 12-24 months (The ROI is dependent on how many sanctuaries are competing with you).  The escrow is used to provide the instant send service (IE sending coins without confirms) and also for retirement account trading.

[/quote]

Rob and slack team and people I don't know about,

Keep up the dedication.  You guys work really hard.  I am rooting for BiblePay all the way.  Wish I had more to offer than just support, but each each team needs a cheerleader. Grin
616westwarmoth

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 03:20:55 PM

Has anyone been able to deposit USD funds into their C-CEX account recently? Would appreciate knowing what method you used.

At https://c-cex.com ...
"C-CEX codes let You transfer funds between C-CEX accounts instantly and without any commissions.  C-CEX codes are great way to deposit Your USD to our exchange!  Www.xmlgold.eu, money-change.biz and v-obmen.com are selling our C-CEX USD codes at reasonable prices with lot's of payment options.  After C-CEX USD code purchased You can use it to fill Your account with USD instantly!

The first two of the three links below don't work.  After translating the third one at v-obmen.com into English I still can't figure out how to actually do it.

Thanks!

The slightly more complicated method is to buy Bitcoin at one of the many sites you can do that at, transfer it to C-Cex and then place a buy order for BBP.

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
znffal

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:02:08 AM

Hi all, a question about backups...

1) I can backup my wallet by exporting a wallet.dat file. Do I have to do this everytime I receive more BBP? Or just whenever I add a new key?
2) How do I add new keys?
3) Can I generate and see the private key so that I can write it down/print it and store it somewhere safe?

Many thanks
616westwarmoth

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:37:32 AM

1) I can backup my wallet by exporting a wallet.dat file. Do I have to do this everytime I receive more BBP? Or just whenever I add a new key?
3) Can I generate and see the private key so that I can write it down/print it and store it somewhere safe?

Many thanks

1) think of your wallet.dat file as your passbook in a passbook savings account.  You have to have that .dat file to be able to access (and prove you SHOULD have access) to the BBP stored in your account addresses.  Exporting it once is all you need.

2) Adding new keys?  The passphrase (password) you use is the only "key" you would have in an encrypted wallet (besides the .dat file).  If you mean new addresses, you can get those by going under File and Sending (or Receving) Addresses and hit "new".

3) Clicking Encrypt Wallet will be where you choose a passphase, I don't know you can see it other than when you enter it.

To put a real world example or two. 

Example One: You don't ever encrypt or backup your wallet.  If I borrowed/stole/hacked your computer, I could send all your coins to my wallet (no passphrase).
Example Two: You encrypt your wallet with the passphrase "secret" but don't backup the wallet.dat file, then your computer crashes and you lose all your data.  Since you didn't have a copy of the wallet.dat file, your coins would be lost. 
Example Three: You backup your wallet.dat but don't encrypt it.  Your computer crashes and all your data is lost, but you re-download the QT program, restore your wallet.dat, all your coins are still in you wallet.  But if you lose your USB drive that has the wallet.dat on it, and I find it, I can put your wallet.dat on another computer and send all your coins to my wallet.
Example Four: You encrypt your wallet and back up the wallet.dat file.  If I hack/borrow your computer, unless I guess your passphrase your coins are safe.  If you computer crashes, your can restore your wallet.dat file to another computer and your coins are safe.

In short, Encrypt your wallet (passpharse) and then backup (copy) the wallet.dat file to at least two locations.

znffal

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:43:09 AM

Many thanks

1) think of your wallet.dat file as your passbook in a passbook savings account.  You have to have that .dat file to be able to access (and prove you SHOULD have access) to the BBP stored in your account addresses.  Exporting it once is all you need.

2) Adding new keys?  The passphrase (password) you use is the only "key" you would have in an encrypted wallet (besides the .dat file).  If you mean new addresses, you can get those by going under File and Sending (or Receving) Addresses and hit "new".

3) Clicking Encrypt Wallet will be where you choose a passphase, I don't know you can see it other than when you enter it.

To put a real world example or two. 

Example One: You don't ever encrypt or backup your wallet.  If I borrowed/stole/hacked your computer, I could send all your coins to my wallet (no passphrase).
Example Two: You encrypt your wallet with the passphrase "secret" but don't backup the wallet.dat file, then your computer crashes and you lose all your data.  Since you didn't have a copy of the wallet.dat file, your coins would be lost. 
Example Three: You backup your wallet.dat but don't encrypt it.  Your computer crashes and all your data is lost, but you re-download the QT program, restore your wallet.dat, all your coins are still in you wallet.  But if you lose your USB drive that has the wallet.dat on it, and I find it, I can put your wallet.dat on another computer and send all your coins to my wallet.
Example Four: You encrypt your wallet and back up the wallet.dat file.  If I hack/borrow your computer, unless I guess your passphrase your coins are safe.  If you computer crashes, your can restore your wallet.dat file to another computer and your coins are safe.

In short, Encrypt your wallet (passpharse) and then backup (copy) the wallet.dat file to at least two locations.

Thank you for the very nice, clear explanation.

I was confused because in another coin that I have looked into you can backup by wallet.dat as usual (and encrypt it) BUT you can also write down your private keys (private addresses?) so even if all wallet.dat get corrupted/lost you can recover your coins from the private keys alone.

Thanks again
nananaminer

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:59:55 AM

Many thanks

Other than the points West mentioned about the benefits of encrypting the wallet, if you really want to get the private key for your address, it's an option too since you can possibly store multiple private keys for multiple addresses and coins in a single sheet of paper.

On Linux, you can do so by typing
Code:
./biblepay-cli dumpprivkey "your bbp address"
Hope that helps.
Kayaman85

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 01:03:03 AM

LAME

Should check out a REAL altcoin like AntiChristCoin666 instead!

Lol.

Smiley

HAIL SATAN
znffal

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 01:04:25 AM

Many thanks

Other than the points West mentioned about the benefits of encrypting the wallet, if you really want to get the private key for your address, it's an option too since you can possibly store multiple private keys for multiple addresses and coins in a single sheet of paper.

On Linux, you can do so by typing
Code:
./biblepay-cli dumpprivkey "your bbp address"
Hope that helps.

Ah perfect, thanks.
Yes I really want to make a physical copy for a safeguard. Especially if I ever set up a sanctuary on a cloud server. I want to be sure to have as many backups as possible, while still keeping safe
nananaminer

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 01:19:52 AM

LAME

Lol.

Smiley

HAIL SATAN

Hi @Kayaman85, thanks for stopping by and offering your feedback Smiley

You should checkout the front page for additional details about the project, the whitepaper (http://pool.biblepay.org/Docs/BiblePay_White_Paper.pdf) details all the new and unique features that Biblepay offers.
Here are the details about all the orphans and children who are benefiting from Biblepay every month. http://accountability.biblepay.org/
There's even a faucet(10 BBP) for you to start with.

If you like the code but have different beliefs, feel free to fork the https://github.com/biblepay/biblepay repo to create your own.
Have a blessed day.
coinpimp321

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 02:54:44 AM

LAME

Lol.

Smiley

HAIL SATAN

Hi @Kayaman85, thanks for stopping by and offering your feedback Smiley

You should checkout the front page for additional details about the project, the whitepaper (http://pool.biblepay.org/Docs/BiblePay_White_Paper.pdf) details all the new and unique features that Biblepay offers.
Here are the details about all the orphans and children who are benefiting from Biblepay every month. http://accountability.biblepay.org/
There's even a faucet(10 BBP) for you to start with.

If you like the code but have different beliefs, feel free to fork the https://github.com/biblepay/biblepay repo to create your own.
Have a blessed day.

what he really meant to say was

see ya in the afternow
sharpshot

Activity: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:43:19 AM

am i understanding this correctly. $770 to run a sanctuary and $7700 to run a masternode?

is that money paid to the charity fund?

what are the benefits to an investor to do this?

Don't take my word as Gospel, but I don't think we "pay" this amount to run the sanctuary (which actually is a masternode), we just have to own that much to run the sanctuary. The coins will be "locked-in" so to speak. If you shut down your sanctuary you get your coins back.
At least that is my understanding.

The advantage is that you recieve some block reward for running a sanctuary.

Correct, you tie up about 1.1 million biblepay in an escrow address and create a sanctuary keypair, and at that point you have the privilege to run a sanctuary, which gives you voting rights for the budget, and awards you approx 1.1 million biblepay in subsidies over approx. 12-24 months (The ROI is dependent on how many sanctuaries are competing with you).  The escrow is used to provide the instant send service (IE sending coins without confirms) and also for retirement account trading.

With bitcoin going up so fast, I calculate 1.1 million BiblePay would cost $886.34 at the current price.  That seems a lot for a new coin.  Also, wouldn't buying that much take a long time and would move the price up?  I'm sure it would cost much more than $886.34 if that's true and is it even possible to buy that much right now?  It doesn't look like anyone has tried it, because the volume is too low on the one listed exchange.  Wouldn't it be sensible to have a much lower required amount of BiblePay for the first few sanctuaries, then raise the amount slowly?  I do hope people buy 1.1 million BiblePay but is that realistic this year?
ermintrude

Activity: 39

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:48:42 PM

With bitcoin going up so fast, I calculate 1.1 million BiblePay would cost $886.34 at the current price.  That seems a lot for a new coin.  Also, wouldn't buying that much take a long time and would move the price up?  I'm sure it would cost much more than $886.34 if that's true and is it even possible to buy that much right now?  It doesn't look like anyone has tried it, because the volume is too low on the one listed exchange.  Wouldn't it be sensible to have a much lower required amount of BiblePay for the first few sanctuaries, then raise the amount slowly?  I do hope people buy 1.1 million BiblePay but is that realistic this year?

It's not that much for a Masternode, I don't think.. And BTC won't stay at this level for long, and neither will BBP once people decide they want a Masternode.. I've been buying to get enough, because no way was I going to get there mining it in time.. Currently BBP is the only ALT I hold, and will continue to hold, even with forgoing the B2X I'd otherwise have received, and I'm quite happy with that, it's a coin I believe in..
conceptbuff

Activity: 41

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 01:22:37 PM

Hi, guys! Nice project. I have some questions about bounty program, it is clear to me, but when we get the coins for the bounty? Immediately or need to wait for long?
chamika888

Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 01:31:05 PM

Is this related to any religion or religious activity ?
znffal

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 01:33:23 PM

Is this related to any religion or religious activity ?

Yes
Have a read of the website below
http://biblepay.org/

Thanks
maarekelets

Activity: 27

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 02:03:35 PM

Does anyone have any insight to the sudden sharp decrease in block subsidy that occurred this morning? Did blocks start generating too fast again and we triggered a major reduction? I'm not sure where the best place to watch overall hashrate trends/block gen trends but it seemed like an odd occurrence.
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 02:34:18 PM

high diff= low block subsidy=low rewards  Wink

bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 03:53:12 PM

Great News!

Biblepay can now be used to buy a product.

Check out the Biblepay Store in the pool.
http://pool.biblepay.org

Note that orders currently only ship to US residents and you must edit your account settings in order to place a successful order.

Please let me know if anyone has trouble with the feature. 

One of the upcoming projects is to allow our wallet users to buy products directly from the wallet RPC console.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 04:56:02 PM

Check out Samaritan Christian Health Share:

https://samaritanministries.org/

I was doing a little research on MediShare (a Christian health care alternative).  Both of these orgs are 503c's requiring a statement of faith (being Christian), and MediShare has over a million members and Samaritan 600,000 members.  The negative reviews I read about MediShare in general was that many are claiming the bills are not being approved and are stacking up for months.  However with Samaritan, your monthly premium check gets written directly by you to another member, which is a really neat feature.  Obviously things are getting paid as quickly as possible, since your check is going directly from point A to B.

These products are not considered health care, but do qualify you as exempt under the healthcare act.

Im wondering if we can partner with Samaritan or if anyone has any ideas.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
616westwarmoth

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:21:07 PM

That is a News story about the store at the mining pool accepting biblecoins BBP to pay for stuff,
but can you pay me some BBP to post at the blog at https://biblepay.wordpress.com,
and do you have a little picture I can put with the post?

what about using the pic of the bible cover I see at the mining pool
at the store link/page?

And how much will you pay me to post it at the blog?

If there is any other story you want me to post about at the blog,
let me know, and I will do what I can to post it for you.

I can also tweet the post at twitter and pin it for a while,
but do not have much for retweets at the moment,
so will you pay for some people to retweet when I post something for you
at the blog?

I am averaging just over 100+ BBP per day by mining,
and I am glad to have found a coin I can mine with my cpu, but I want more coins than that

MORE COIN
MORE COIN
MORE COIN

as you see, I need/want MORE COIN Smiley

Until the Sanctuaries are up and running, you will only be donated to.  At that point, 5% of the take will go to IT and PR, of which your project could qualify.  Personally, I appreciate your enthusiasm for the project but it would be nice if you brought something new to the table.  Retweets and copies of reddit articles on a blog are what I would hope a socially active fan of the coin would be doing occasionally.  Don't take this as criticism, just you may be setting your expectations to be rewarded a bit high.

Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »
  Print  

Jump to: