Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 08:59:27 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 132 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-e hacked ??  (Read 199690 times)
aaron25177

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 10:09:19 PM

Can't foreign investors sue the Justice Department in the US if they don't get their money back? Afterall they're taking money from people outside the US following laws that are not their laws. This is basically like stealing since most people in BTC-e were not doing anything wrong basically.

Are there any EU citizens? If we don't get our money back, we should sue US.

I doubt anyone can sue the us gov.  1 thing though is when the poker sites got their domains taken years back it didn't stop customers getting money in the end. The poker sites just had to pay fine and block US customers.

Yep. Btce can transfer the coins to another website like xbtce which already block US users.

Since when do they block US users?  Since they used xbtce to verify users for btc-e, you would think they could start sending coins there to the verified users...if they want to return them

From the xbtce main page
"XBTCe does not provide services for United States residents"

Is that new?  I have an acct and I'm in US?
shrodix

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 10:10:08 PM

Can't foreign investors sue the Justice Department in the US if they don't get their money back? Afterall they're taking money from people outside the US following laws that are not their laws. This is basically like stealing since most people in BTC-e were not doing anything wrong basically.

Are there any EU citizens? If we don't get our money back, we should sue US.

I doubt anyone can sue the us gov.  1 thing though is when the poker sites got their domains taken years back it didn't stop customers getting money in the end. The poker sites just had to pay fine and block US customers.

Yep. Btce can transfer the coins to another website like xbtce which already block US users.

Since when do they block US users?  Since they used xbtce to verify users for btc-e, you would think they could start sending coins there to the verified users...if they want to return them

From the xbtce main page
"XBTCe does not provide services for United States residents"

Is that new?  I have an acct and I'm in US?
at least some week's
ChainSmoker

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 10:15:50 PM

Ya well Holding don't gain u any coin, I'm not a moron I kept what I could afford to part with on btce if sht hit the fan.....Holding bitcoin wont make u any extra coin id rather trade and gain and take a hit if u have to.....in the long run trading pays more..............so everyone saying told ya so don't keep coin on a exchange can stfu and start sayin keep what u can afford to part with on exchanges.......if it wasn't for exchanges the coins you hold wouldn't be worth what they are

You are a moron to think that.Holding is much more profitable then risk involved in trading.you stfu.not everyone is trading expert and hold bitcoins which is less risky then losing trading.I also trade and hodl too and there's nothing wrong with holding.What's wrong is to keep holding on exchange like you.Do trade and take out profit every 2-3 days.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Thangz

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 10:28:24 PM

Ya well Holding don't gain u any coin, I'm not a moron I kept what I could afford to part with on btce if sht hit the fan.....Holding bitcoin wont make u any extra coin id rather trade and gain and take a hit if u have to.....in the long run trading pays more..............so everyone saying told ya so don't keep coin on a exchange can stfu and start sayin keep what u can afford to part with on exchanges.......if it wasn't for exchanges the coins you hold wouldn't be worth what they are

You are a moron to think that.Holding is much more profitable then risk involved in trading.you stfu.not everyone is trading expert and hold bitcoins which is less risky then losing trading.I also trade and hodl too and there's nothing wrong with holding.What's wrong is to keep holding on exchange like you.Do trade and take out profit every 2-3 days.

I'm gonna call BS on holding more makes more money, ive been holding some coin and trading for many yrs the amount gained from trading well exceeds the amount earned on holding coins....unless your a moron and love to sell cheaper then u bought then ya holding is better
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 10:34:14 PM

I must assume some sort of backup plan must have been created by the BTC-e team if something like this would have ever happen...

Like have a place to go, have stuff ready or is this wishfull thinking?

Because we don't know what happened, how can you assume there was a plan in place?

BTC-e could have been disconnected by their data center operator.

They might have been hacked.

They could have been raided by local authorities.

The might have panicked over the news of Vinnik arrest in Greece and decided to move.

Or it could be simply be an exit scam.

So far everyone is guessing, the only thing we know is BTC-e is offline and they said it was a "network" problem in the data center and they would be back in 5-10 days.

Everything else is speculation or FUD from new trolls.
donalddump

Activity: 17

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 10:37:28 PM

If btc-e are still in control of coins they cannot turn them into cash because fbi will have easy job to trace them.

But if they allow users to withdrawal their coin they can put a limit of 100-200 USD a day and a different address each time and they will be able to withdrawal their own coins.

Think about it more than 100,000 users with multiple addresses each will be the biggest mixer of all time.

Considering that hackers won't keep coins in a exchange for long because they want to cash out asap then 99% of users funds are legit so if fbi will try to verify each address and each user will cost them more than they will be able to confiscate.
espante

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 10:41:06 PM

If btc-e are still in control of coins they cannot turn them into cash because fbi will have easy job to trace them.

But if they allow users to withdrawal their coin they can put a limit of 100-200 USD a day and a different address each time and they will be able to withdrawal their own coins.

Think about it more than 100,000 users with multiple addresses each will be the biggest mixer of all time.

Considering that hackers won't keep coins in a exchange for long because they want to cash out asap then 99% of users funds are legit so if fbi will try to verify each address and each user will cost them more than they will be able to confiscate.

But if the owner has been detained then they won't have the opportunity to cash out to pay back their users even if they have kept the private keys hidden.
Potent

Activity: 241

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 10:49:48 PM

BTC-e has maximum two other admins now, i think.
Alex arrested and they decided to divide the money between themselves and run away.
reb0rn21
Legendary

Activity: 1898
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 10:51:21 PM

Alex arrested and rest of them decide to divide the money between themselves and run away.

run where are you fucking sane!
if not FBI, mafia will get them

their only option is to lawyer up, decide what they are gona do next with the new situation!

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀

..I  D  E  N  A..

Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency

▲    2 3 2 2

..N  O  D  E  S..

██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
███                            ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀

D O W N L O A D

Idena node

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

.REQUEST INVITATION.
Potent

Activity: 241

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 10:53:56 PM

Alex arrested and rest of them decide to divide the money between themselves and run away.

run where are you fucking sane!
if not FBI, mafia will get them

Mafia is little finger of FBI. who knows who are they?
Sam-Os

Activity: 87
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 10:59:46 PM

1) Alex dont have access to keys. Owners could of paid, they did not. Case closed.

2) Alex have access to keys and he is the only one with the keys (else coins would be moved) - FED is likely to get keys from him and payout a few while auctioning rest.

3) Traders made money of more stupid people via FUD and fear of been left behind, aka pump and dump. Similar to FED handling of economy.

4) Even if all humans put all cash they had into come crypto coins - it would simply reshuffle existing crumbs mostly.

5) By understanding fears and manias such as greed, envy, cowardice, jealousy, etc aka knowing self and influence we humans can  enjoy our life on Earth.

6) If its not done fight for a crumbs continues, while very few withhold most resources including technological ones from most. Increasing pollution and rise  of fuck life attitude leads to end of human on Earth (not an overall end, yet a evolutionary setback)

If this text saved you $$$$$ you were going to spend on psychiatrist send tips to 1FCWF4qYMY78ZFfJxp6SLiD4XMfnTjFVrB. Min suggested tip 100 usd Smiley

Feel free to comment.

I think it's you that needs a psychiatrist.
bj9k

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2017, 11:04:46 PM

Since ETH balance automatically transferred to new wallet, it could mean that those 5-10 days could be some kind of 'dead man switch' that will be activated.
BitcoinTraveler

Activity: 66

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 11:06:53 PM

I think it would be in the best interests of the other operators of BTC-e to create a new domain and transfer the old website to a new domain. They can then allow their old users to access their accounts and withdraw them to other wallets off the site.

Not only would that be the right(moral) thing to do, I think it could also limit the amount of charges the US government will levy against them. Realistically if they take all the coins from everyone then the government will almost certainly try to put additional charges on them. They may do something like a single charge for each user who had their coins taken.

Someone posted earlier that there were 100,000 users on BTC-e. If you do the math in that scenario it adds up to a ton of charges, even if there were 100 admins on BTC-e, you're still talking the potential for a 100 years or more worth of potential jail time for each admin.  Shocked

erk

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 11:08:00 PM

Since ETH balance automatically transferred to new wallet, it could mean that those 5-10 days could be some kind of 'dead man switch' that will be activated.

How do you know that ETH balance was "automatically" transferred to a new wallet?

ZergCoin

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 11:11:03 PM

1) Alex dont have access to keys. Owners could of paid, they did not. Case closed.

2) Alex have access to keys and he is the only one with the keys (else coins would be moved) - FED is likely to get keys from him and payout a few while auctioning rest.

3) Traders made money of more stupid people via FUD and fear of been left behind, aka pump and dump. Similar to FED handling of economy.

4) Even if all humans put all cash they had into come crypto coins - it would simply reshuffle existing crumbs mostly.

5) By understanding fears and manias such as greed, envy, cowardice, jealousy, etc aka knowing self and influence we humans can  enjoy our life on Earth.

6) If its not done fight for a crumbs continues, while very few withhold most resources including technological ones from most. Increasing pollution and rise  of fuck life attitude leads to end of human on Earth (not an overall end, yet a evolutionary setback)

If this text saved you $$$$$ you were going to spend on psychiatrist send tips to 1FCWF4qYMY78ZFfJxp6SLiD4XMfnTjFVrB. Min suggested tip 100 usd Smiley

Feel free to comment.

I think it's you that needs a psychiatrist.
LOL

Then is time to tips

Take 5$ free here:

https://wcex.co/?ref=i2PjOKH

legal, fast like hell (30 second) and u got 5 $ of this token fast and free

Plz dont delete my ref, u take money free!
locked_in

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 11:28:46 PM

I think it would be in the best interests of the other operators of BTC-e to create a new domain and transfer the old website to a new domain. They can then allow their old users to access their accounts and withdraw them to other wallets off the site.

here we go again. BTC-e admins are FUGITIVES from the UNITES STATES government and FBI!!.  theyr not going to open up the exchange again just to give you back your coins.  they are running and going under ground with all of every bodies coins. or they are caught. 
BitcoinTraveler

Activity: 66

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 11:29:11 PM

Was the following link posted earlier?

http://forklog.com/c-ethereum-koshelka-birzhi-btc-e-vyvedeno-94-5-mln/

I couldn't find it if it was.

theytookmuhcoins

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 11:29:28 PM

Someone posted earlier that there were 100,000 users on BTC-e.
There was over a million accounts.
bj9k

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2017, 11:31:15 PM

How do you know that ETH balance was "automatically" transferred to a new wallet?

If you check
https://etherscan.io/address/0x8eb3fa7907ad2ef4c7e3ba4b1d2f2aac6f4b5ae6
first 3 transactions are completed on exact full hour difference, 4th 10mins after and 5th could be some troll. So first 3 transactions looks like automatic dead man switch probably executed or confirmed by 0.0001 sent back to original ETH balance wallet from https://etherscan.io/address/0xf886abf45d68611078b5f66d450f76beb1dd8234

Also there is a quote of Balthazar who is familiar with BTC-e (don't have the original post link):
"Well, ETH stash is still incomparable to BTC wallets. Anyway, FBI would notify everybody in the world in case of successful seizure of funds. So I think that it's just a new wallet created by automatical task which is still function properly. It looks like at least some part of exchange's infrastructure is still up."

We shall see if US gov says anything about money in the next couple of days. Balthazar was too quick to say that FBI would notify everybody. They might do that but not the same minute they have moved ETH balance. But anyhow it looks to me like it was some automatic script doing that ETH balance transfer.
erk

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 11:42:15 PM

If you check
https://etherscan.io/address/0x8eb3fa7907ad2ef4c7e3ba4b1d2f2aac6f4b5ae6
first 3 transactions are completed on exact full hour difference, 4th 10mins after and 5th could be some troll. So first 3 transactions looks like automatic dead man switch probably executed or confirmed by 0.0001 sent back to original ETH balance wallet from https://etherscan.io/address/0xf886abf45d68611078b5f66d450f76beb1dd8234

Also there is a quote of Balthazar who is familiar with BTC-e (don't have the original post link):
"Well, ETH stash is still incomparable to BTC wallets. Anyway, FBI would notify everybody in the world in case of successful seizure of funds. So I think that it's just a new wallet created by automatical task which is still function properly. It looks like at least some part of exchange's infrastructure is still up."

We shall see if US gov says anything about money in the next couple of days. Balthazar was too quick to say that FBI would notify everybody. They might do that but not the same minute they have moved ETH balance. But anyhow it looks to me like it was some automatic script doing that ETH balance transfer.

Sounds like epic BS to me.

In which country were these "FBI" supposed to be doing this seizure?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 132 »
  Print  

Jump to: