Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:54:39 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-e hacked ??  (Read 199690 times)
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 11:19:11 PM

Well, with $100k+ in fiat, I missed the BTC train (and BCH), so I have less than half of what I would have had if I was in coin at the time. Taking a 50% loss now would bring that down to a quarter. Sure BTC trading is about betting, but now I'm betting those 50k that they will honor the payback rather than losing them with 100% certainty.

it all falls back on the saying "1 bird in hand is better then 2 in the bush"

I'm with this. I won't go into details about my personal situation, and I actually believe that BTC-e will relaunch and allow remaining users to recover more than 55% of their accounts. They are showing pretty clear intent to do so, and refunds are flowing.

The haircut is not ideal, but a trader can recoup the losses over time with this amount of capital preserved. There is a non-zero chance that things could go awry for the new site, or that the withdrawal limits or terms for verification are not agreeable. One thing that is clear for me is that I'm not willing to verify ID and continue doing business with a site under indictment by the US government. It's worth giving up 45% just not to have that kind of shit hanging over my head. I was no small fry either, although I never would have kept all my crypto funds on one exchange.

Those that are staying, I understand why. The rest can walk away and put this behind them (without worry of having funds stuck on the site for weeks or months on end, or being unable to verify, etc). It's just a matter of grinding back the losses...
omarabid

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 11:40:39 PM

All I can say is I’m not pleased at losing 45% of my holdings to cash out now which was a new idea they came up with since making the original promise to not do that very thing.

There was no way I was going to leave any of my actually available funds on there another second. Good luck to those that have spun that dice...

That was your decision, not BTC-e's.

Only 9% of the users have chosen the 55% refund   https://poll.pollcode.com/62684153_result?v

The vast majority are waiting until after Sep 15th.

i highly doubt most users have equal balances. probably 80% of the funds are in the hands of a few.
gnurta

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 04:18:22 AM

Anyone who selected the 55% refund option tries to deposit to another exchange or an online wallet? I want to know their reaction when receiving coins from btc-e wallet. Grin
erk

Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 04:29:14 AM

Anyone who selected the 55% refund option tries to deposit to another exchange or an online wallet? I want to know their reaction when receiving coins from btc-e wallet. Grin
How would they know where the deposit came from as BTC-e rolled all new hot wallets?

MAbtc

Merit: 508

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 08:13:36 AM

How would they know where the deposit came from as BTC-e rolled all new hot wallets?

I wouldn't say they even have hot wallets. I believe these are all manually-batched transactions. From what blockchain evidence I remember seeing around the time of the seizure, it looked like they were splitting their wallets extensively. This should make the current refunds more difficult to track.

However, I highly advise against depositing directly into, say, Coinbase. There are plenty of other services that don't have the means nor the will to freeze your account for tainted coins. Coinbase (and perhaps Gemini, Bitstamp) definitely work with blockchain analysis companies and law enforcement. If I were sending coins there, I'd mix them through a couple non-KYC services first.

It will be much easier to track BTC-e's wallets once the service is relaunched, and we see regular hot wallet procedures, including the pooling of incoming deposits. I'm curious to see if fungibility issues arise.
Scofield

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 08:51:31 AM

I've asked for a refund. The 55% BTC has been transferred to me last night. However the BCH has not yet been sent. Anyone else with this problem? Or maybe they do BTC and BCH in different batches?
Error 522

Activity: 216

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:33:51 AM

Some claim btc-e has said in Russian forum that small withdrawals will work without verification...
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:59:38 AM

I've asked for a refund. The 55% BTC has been transferred to me last night. However the BCH has not yet been sent. Anyone else with this problem? Or maybe they do BTC and BCH in different batches?

If you look on Twitter, there are a whole lot of people complaining that they have received all stated funds, except their BCC's. Not exactly sure what their reason is for nothing *yet* sending out people's BCC's, but the main thing is that people who chose to withdraw funds, will have their accounts deleted without any possibility of regaining access. If they haven't made screenshots or captured their screen on video with whatever capturing app, they have zero proof that BCC was part of their 55%. The only legitimate reason I can think of for BTC-E to not send out BCC, is that they are looking to empty their BTC addresses first - no one in his right mind would deal with BCC without actually emptying the address of BTC first. If that turns out to be reality, then it may take some time for people to receive what belongs to them.
illinest

Activity: 454
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 10:33:19 AM

Some claim btc-e has said in Russian forum that small withdrawals will work without verification...

Yeah that's what they were saying on the local forums here on bitcointalk too. They said there will be two tiers (the first is no verification, the second is full verification). But I still haven't seen any information on how much you can withdraw. It makes a big difference if we are talking 0.5BTC/day or 10BTC/day, or somewhere in between. I sure hope it's not less than 1 BTC/day.
Scofield

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:07:38 AM

If you look on Twitter, there are a whole lot of people complaining that they have received all stated funds, except their BCC's. Not exactly sure what their reason is for nothing *yet* sending out people's BCC's, but the main thing is that people who chose to withdraw funds, will have their accounts deleted without any possibility of regaining access. If they haven't made screenshots or captured their screen on video with whatever capturing app, they have zero proof that BCC was part of their 55%. The only legitimate reason I can think of for BTC-E to not send out BCC, is that they are looking to empty their BTC addresses first - no one in his right mind would deal with BCC without actually emptying the address of BTC first. If that turns out to be reality, then it may take some time for people to receive what belongs to them.

Whatever their motivation may be, the fact that they did send BTC is convincing. I have no doubt they'll pay the BCH too eventually. I've made screenshots of the whole process obviously, to avoid problems like these.
cryptomole

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:08:20 AM

I assume fiat balances will be converted to coin on 15th?
If the value of coin is higher on 15th than now the conversion will result in less coin.
This should be compensated by the increase in the 55% that they intimated, but it all seems a bit vague.
Currently for those optiong for a refund timing is quite important...
erk

Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 12:04:31 PM

If the value of coin is higher on 15th than now the conversion will result in less coin.
This should be compensated by the increase in the 55% that they intimated, but it all seems a bit vague.

Fiat USD/RUR/EUR becomes a mixture of coins and USDET tokens valued at $1USD each, those tokens might be tricky to redeem.
You will be able to trade them for USD on the new site at a market driven exchange rate but you won't be able to cash that USD you get for them until the new site owners have a fiat processor to replace Mayzus/OKPAY in the UK who seized the BTC-e accounts, and you jump through the EU AML/KYC compliant verification hoops.

I will probably trade fiat tokens for fiat, then buy crypto with that as I only use fiat as a trading hedge, I have never deposited or withdrawn fiat from BTC-e, never had the need/urge to, but I do have some sitting there atm from past trades.

DavinciJ15

Activity: 780
Merit: 510

Bitcoin - helping to end bankster enslavement.

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 12:12:15 PM

Hi

Anyone able to withdraw any of the atltcoins like litecoin?  it says "Withdrawals temporarily disabled" for me.

GoMaD

Activity: 74
Merit: 15

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 12:27:38 PM

if you really want to withdraw you have to go to the refund page
Potent

Activity: 241

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 12:45:09 PM

Maybe they can see

ll
ll
ll
ll
ll
V

Why they didn't give any information about the conditions that we will find on sept 15th HuhHuhHuh? WHY?Huh? It's shady and dangerous for risking at 15th September.
It will require verification to withdraw? specially for koins? withdraw is limited without verification Or impossible without it?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?
How can someone properly decide if he do not know all the conditions?HuhHuhHuhHuh?
cryptomole

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:15:04 PM

Fiat USD/RUR/EUR becomes a mixture of coins and USDET tokens valued at $1USD each, those tokens might be tricky to redeem.
You will be able to trade them for USD on the new site at a market driven exchange rate but you won't be able to cash that USD you get for them until the new site owners have a fiat processor to replace Mayzus/OKPAY in the UK who seized the BTC-e accounts, and you jump through the EU AML/KYC compliant verification hoops.

I will probably trade fiat tokens for fiat, then buy crypto with that as I only use fiat as a trading hedge, I have never deposited or withdrawn fiat from BTC-e, never had the need/urge to, but I do have some sitting there atm from past trades.

I was under the impression that they were being converted to BTC 50% LTC 25% ETH 25%
That definitely seems to be what is happening with the refunds.

This is what it shows on the refund page in respect of fiat refunds - it shows the balances after the 45% deduction and give the option of providing withdrawal addresses...

Recount of fiat funds:
For USD:
BTC: xx.xxx BTC
LTC: xx.xxx LTC
ETH: xx.xxx ETH

gnurta

Activity: 76

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:34:47 PM

Maybe they can see

ll
ll
ll
ll
ll
V

Why they didn't give any information about the conditions that we will find on sept 15th HuhHuhHuh? WHY?Huh? It's shady and dangerous for risking at 15th September.
It will require verification to withdraw? specially for koins? withdraw is limited without verification Or impossible without it?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?
How can someone properly decide if he do not know all the conditions?HuhHuhHuhHuh?

IMO the 55% refund is an opportunity for U.S. customers and people who don't like to reveal ID to withdraw their funds. If you aren't one of them, I suggest you wait until September 15th to receive full balance.
Sukovsky

Activity: 107

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:48:03 PM

The could've given people NVC. So things could have been worse  Grin
cryptomole

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:52:59 PM

IMO the 55% refund is an opportunity for U.S. customers and people who don't like to reveal ID to withdraw their funds. If you aren't one of them, I suggest you wait until September 15th to receive full balance.

I verified at btc-e & xbtce. I dont have a problem revealing my ID as I have nothing to hide. My only is that my belief that I have done nothing wrong may not be shared by the feds seem to suggest we are criminals by association...
I still remain unclear as to how fiat balances will be converted on 15th. If they willl use the same ratio i.e. 50% 25% 25% btc ltc eth respectively and whether this ratio will be calculated on the day.
Also if our 55% may improve based in other factors such as increase value of coin and people who decide to forfeit their 45%

I really am not happy about the idea that full fiat balances will be converted to tokens whose value may instantly decrease...
cryptomole

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:54:48 PM

The could've given people NVC. So things could have been worse  Grin

I dont think they have any left - its all hajibros Tongue
Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 »
  Print  

Jump to: