Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:07:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-e hacked ??  (Read 199684 times)
romani245

Activity: 267
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:54:27 AM

So if fiat does NOT get converted, and the fiat withdrawal is very limited.. Our fiat is stuck there? I'm guessing people will be reluctant to sell their BTC / similar for fiat if it will be hard getting it off the site.

Why bother taking fiat off site, just buy btc send to your btc wallet and then sell via a local fully legalized exchange...

Unless u try to avoid the taxman...

But that's my point.. If there is a site where you can sell your BTC for fiat, but not get the fiat out of the site.. would you sell? No. There would be nobody selling coins for fiat, so that's not an option.

That's the rub, here. There may be some limited fiat withdrawal options, but my guess is that there will be a premium for cryptocurrency vs. the fiat markets, since they will not be able to easily move funds.

As for the "why bother taking fiat off site" sentiment......that's true for many or even most people, but there must be an assumption that the money is worth something. If no one can move fiat money, then it's just another token.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
omarabid

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 04:09:41 PM

so only one week to launch? Any insights on the new token rates?
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:39:47 PM

So if fiat does NOT get converted, and the fiat withdrawal is very limited.. Our fiat is stuck there? I'm guessing people will be reluctant to sell their BTC / similar for fiat if it will be hard getting it off the site.

The value of the fiat will be much lower on btc-e as there is no assurance it will ever get out.

This means you will probably be paying a hefty premium on coins if they allow those to be transferred out.
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 09:03:18 PM

The value of the fiat will be much lower on btc-e as there is no assurance it will ever get out.

This means you will probably be paying a hefty premium on coins if they allow those to be transferred out.

I wonder if it might be like the US-facing online poker industry after Black Friday. The cashout situation became so bad that customers on networks like Carbon and Cake began to question the solvency of the sites they played on.

Check cashouts took anywhere from a few weeks to a few months to process, and sometimes the checks bounced. As such, a market developed around P2P bank deposits as a way to cash out. People would pay 40-50% premiums to get their money out of the dodgier sites.
erk

Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 09:04:41 PM

But that's my point.. If there is a site where you can sell your BTC for fiat, but not get the fiat out of the site.. would you sell? No. There would be nobody selling coins for fiat, so that's not an option.

I guess if you don't trade much you might think that, however in reality I use to buy and sell fiat all the time on BTC-e yet I never deposited or withdrew any. It is a hedge when BTC is crashing like USDT is on Polo, people love the stuff.
illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 09:12:59 PM

I guess if you don't trade much you might think that, however in reality I use to buy and sell fiat all the time on BTC-e yet I never deposited or withdrew any. It is a hedge when BTC is crashing like USDT is on Polo, people love the stuff.

I think one of the only reasons the USDT situation is tenable right now is the overall cryptocurrency bubble. When things return to a bear market and everyone wants USD again, things might not look so rosy.

Tether hasn't been able to redeem USDT for USD in 6 months. But as long as everyone is staying in the markets, it doesn't matter. They can move their USDT to one of several exchanges and buy into any number of coins.

This effect will be less apparent on BTC-e, since there is no pretense that is fully backed by the underlying asset (it is a debt obligation, not the asset itself). And even if it were a transferable token (like USDT), I don't think other exchanges would accept it, due to BTC-e's embattled legal situation.
SDRebel

Activity: 569
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 10:44:40 PM

Just wondering if anyone got BCH yet? So far everything came in except Bitcoin Cash.
i just receive dmy btc, bitcoin cash, ltc, and eth. ALl of them around the same time frame (took about 48 hours total)
Retired

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 10:45:55 PM

How many of you have actually accepted the 45% fee offer?
OMlite

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 11:07:10 PM

New update:

https://www.reddit.com/r/BTCE/comments/6yie8c/btce_new_update_change_language_to_russian_to_view/
Retired

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 11:09:52 PM

Dear BTC-E users!

We combined all the previous news and new ones into this text. We closely follow the questions you ask us and update our FAQ. For ease of familiarization, we divided it into subsections.

Thank you for your interest, sincere participation and support!

SUPPORT
When will the support portal be launched?
The launch of the support portal on the new site is scheduled for 10/09/2017

OLD AREA
Are the old deposit addresses relevant to the Koinas actual?
These addresses are no longer relevant and coins sent to these addresses will not be credited. All new addresses will be generated on the new service.

ACCESS TO THE SITE
Do not come letters to the post office?
Check the spam folder, most likely the message came under the filter.

Is it possible to organize an input with an untethered two-factor, without the possibility of output to view the balance?
No, there is no such possibility.

SECURITY
Phishing e-mails have become more frequent cases.
We officially declare that we do not send any emails for verification, please do not open the files and do not click on the links.

Updating security settings
1. Your password was forcibly reset. At the login, it is necessary to generate a new password or use the password that we will create for you, for this there is a separate function.
2. Edit 2ph, delete the old key and create a new one.
3. Check the list of white IP and delete inactive or out-of-date IP.

RETURN OF FUNDS
"When will the disbursements of available funds start?"
"How to withdraw funds now?"
"In which koins will the Fiat be converted from my balance?"

All information is available at https://btc-e.nz/refund

"I made a request to withdraw funds and did not receive them, what should I do? "
1. Make sure that 72 hours have passed.
2. Make sure that we have no news about delays and technical problems-here https://btc-e.nz/news
3. If the first two paragraphs are positive, write a personal message to the support user - here https://btc-e.nz/messages TRANSFER OF

MEANS
I have not credited the deposit in coins after 25.07?
All deposits before August 1, inclusive, are credited. If funds are not credited, you need to write a ticket for verification, but this is only if you have not used the refund.

What about the funds that were transferred after August 1?
Deposits after August 1, we can not enroll, since they are under US control.

PAMM and MT4
Will MT4 and PAMM be available in the future?
Platforms Metatrader4 White label and PAMM were provided by Fxopen in the framework of contractual relations with them; But in connection with accusations against the service from the United States, they ripped the agreement unilaterally.

What about the funds that were used in the PAMM accounts?
We expect the receipt of correct data on PAMM accounts on 11/09/2017. After that, until 15.09.2017 funds will be credited to the account of users. If funds are not credited to you, you must write a ticket.

What happened to the customer data on trading in MT4?
Funds from MT4 are credited to users' accounts, the closing date of positions on July 25, 2017. If you have not been credited, you must write a ticket.

FIAT
What will happen to the fiat in the users' accounts?
The team of lawyers works on fiat, which decide how to return access to it. At the moment, you have the opportunity to get 55% in koin.

In which koins will the Fiat be converted from my balance on output, before launching a new site?
BTC, ETH, LTC as a percentage.

COINS
How are things with BitcoinCash?
BitcoinCash is credited to all bitcoin holders in a 1: 1 ratio.

TOKENS OF EXCHANGES
Will there be tokens for each coin?
Yes. https://btc-e.nz/tokens The

Token for fiat and coins are the same or are they different?
Different. For example, USDET. ET - in the marking means a token. In this example, this is the USD token.

Can I sell my tokens?
Tokens you can sell on the market or wait until we have them redeemed from you. Free tokens will be opened.

Where can I sell tokens?
On our site.

Tokens to other participants of the new exchange can be translated?
Yes.

NEW SITE
When the opening of the auction?
Bidding will be launched on September 15, simultaneously, with the launch of a new site.

How will my funds and profile be transferred to a new site?
Will the new site have new passwords / 2fa or will all the security data remain the same?
Everything will be moved. This will be done automatically, no additional action is required on your part.

Will the new service be Bitcoin Betting?
Will, after obtaining the necessary licenses.

What will happen to the funds on the accounts of those users who decide to stay and wait for the launch of the new site?
1. Your profile will be automatically transferred with all security settings (password, 2fa, IP white list).
2. All your funds will be transferred to a new site.
3. On the day the site is launched, the balance sheet will be recalculated at the market rate and will be credited to accounts with a higher ratio than 55/45. There will be no conversions, some of the funds will be transferred to tokens.
4. Tokens will be credited to your account balance, which you can use for bidding and issuing codes.

On a new site, will I continue to input and output as before? The commission's interest will remain the same?
We plan to increase the number of input and output methods and reduce commissions.

Will there be btc-e codes on the new platform?
Codes remain, but are transformed into more modern payment instruments.

Since September 10, we will launch a ticket system for solving the following private issues of our users:
• The balance is not displayed correctly;
• The funds from MT4 and PAMM have not been credited;
• The funds that were requested for withdrawal to payment systems did not come;
• Request a private key to send funds to ETH;
• The password is not suitable, reset 2ph, disable the IP white list. Account is locked and others.
Now these questions can not be solved in manual mode. Be patient.

VERIFICATION
Will verification be mandatory at registration?
No.

My account has been verified by you, will this verification be relevant?
The company that conducted the verification unilaterally terminated the contract, in this connection, if necessary, the verification will have to be re-run already on the new service.

How long will verification take?
Now the staff is being trained. We plan to carry out verification within 72 hours, if there is not an anomalously large influx of volunteers.

Will it be possible to verify several accounts that were on the exchange at one time?
Yes. A trading account can be more than one, but the output of a fiat in one.

What is verification needed for?
If you plan to enter and display Fiat, verification is necessary.

Do I need to be verified on a new site in order to withdraw the koin?
No.

Do I need to undergo verification in order to start trading on a new site?
If the balance of the account on the new site is replenished in koin, then no. If in fiat, then yes.

To exchange codes of coins and codes of tokens it will be possible without verification?
Yes, you can.

What documents are needed for verification?
1. For verification of identity, one of the following documents
must be submitted : It is necessary to provide documents confirming identity and fill in the necessary information:
- National passport (turn)
- Passport (turn)
- id card (both sides)
2. To verify the address of actual residence, one from the following documents, in which it should be indicated:
For verification of the address the following documents are accepted:
- Extract from the bank.
- Utility bill.
- Tax documents.
- A document confirming your residence permit and issued by local authorities.
- Judicial documents.
- Documents issued by state or other competent authorities.
3. Agreement.
It is necessary:
- will familiarize with the agreement;
- print out the agreement;
- sign on each page of the agreement;
- Download a scan copy of each page in good quality.
4. A qualitative self-photo with a passport turn in the hand.
Additionally, to confirm the identity, we can request:
- A photo with an ID card / passport near the person.
- Photo with ID card / foreign passport and against the backdrop of a personal account in our service.
ToxicDartFrog

Activity: 196
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 11:37:06 PM

Will verification be mandatory at registration?
No.

Do I need to be verified on a new site in order to withdraw the koin?
No.
ahahah and I almost took the deal a few days ago but at the last minute convinced myself to wait (am all-in koin).
Behemot2

Activity: 40

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 04:20:34 AM

Gr8, no need to withdraw cash, there is always somebody in need of coin or BTC-E code Cheesy
krizniq

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 06:11:12 AM

Btc-e is king!
Well played boyoz!

Looking for investment tip? XBY OMG and ADX, thank me later Wink

If you love me -> BTC: 1JLwEteSwyV3uUXN9dVvSqBnt3nbTHeS6i | ETH 0xb3F6aCa84d2513A444FABcd4dbFb256a82FdE610 Thanks! Cheesy
manchester93

Activity: 251
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 06:35:45 AM

I remain hopeful regarding the relaunch, and it seems that at least those that stay might recover more than 55%. But I still don't see how this new exchange will be viable. They have clear affiliation with an indicted exchange. How can their fiat processing be reliable? What if their coins are blacklisted at other exchanges? Might they just get seized again?
erk

Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 06:49:09 AM

I remain hopeful regarding the relaunch, and it seems that at least those that stay might recover more than 55%. But I still don't see how this new exchange will be viable. They have clear affiliation with an indicted exchange. How can their fiat processing be reliable? What if their coins are blacklisted at other exchanges? Might they just get seized again?
How do you indict an exchange?  You can only indict a legal entity eg. a person or incorporated entity.

Nobody knows anything about the legal entities behind the new site because the old site hasn't told us, so you are just making assumptions.

cryptomole

Activity: 53

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 07:56:02 AM

FIAT
What will happen to the fiat in the users' accounts?
The team of lawyers works on fiat, which decide how to return access to it. At the moment, you have the opportunity to get 55% in koin.

In which koins will the Fiat be converted from my balance on output, before launching a new site?
BTC, ETH, LTC as a percentage.

Do I need to undergo verification in order to start trading on a new site?
If the balance of the account on the new site is replenished in koin, then no. If in fiat, then yes.

3. On the day the site is launched, the balance sheet will be recalculated at the market rate and will be credited to accounts with a higher ratio than 55/45. There will be no conversions, some of the funds will be transferred to tokens.

Presumably this means that you have an option to transfer your fiat into coin prior to balances being transferred to new site?
And if you opt to remain in fiat you will need to get verified before you can do anything at all?

Also prusumbably fiat balance funds will also be recalculated at the "higher rate"

What are other peoples take on this?

Error 522

Activity: 216

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 08:49:13 AM

What happened to mayax?  Has he withdrawn into his troll lair?
economist

Activity: 22

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 11:27:51 AM

What happened to mayax?  Has he withdrawn into his troll lair?

Unfortunately, Mayax committed suicide on day people started receiving refunds from the first batch. His life did not make any sense anymore.

Turned out he did not have more than 2 zeros on BTC-e after all.
JaimenSon

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 11:44:58 AM

I'm happy with this information, thank you very much Retired
Retired

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 11:48:22 AM

I'm happy with this information, thank you very much Retired
You're welcome Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 »
  Print  

Jump to: