Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:44:02 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ### A ChainWorks Industries (CWI) Project - CWIgm | Simple Powerful Stable  (Read 67708 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
sparker327

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

Parachute for sale. Used once. Small red stain.

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:55:22 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2017, 12:04:25 AM by sparker327

You guys are pushing STRAKS... any chance I can get my 7k SIGT you kept when you shut down that page without even an email notification and then never responded to the PM I sent you responding to you asking how much I had and my username...

Or have you already sent them to the STRAKS swap bot?

so you left 7k worth of sigt in a pool wallet? dont you realize you should withdraw it daily and have it sent to a desktop or offline wallet? For those who mine directly to exchanges, or keep all your coins on exchanges or mining sites.. shame shame.. you deserve to lose it for doing that. They notified everyone in plenty of time that they were closing sigt.. Sigt is a worthless scam anyway so you havent lost much.

And if you say there was NO NOTICE, check out the quote below....October 11, 2017... There was previous messages as well, before this one..

Its up to you to keep tabs on your coins, not the pool operators. They cant send emails to everyone who leaves their money in a pool wallet, not their job, not their concern.

### CWI-POOL SIGNATUM

hi all ...

the CWI-Pool Signatum will be closing in the coming days ...

we have notified once before about the impending closure some weeks ago - so sufficient time should have been available to remove all your coins from any accounts contained in the CWI-Pool Signatum ... if anyone still have coins stored within the pool wallet after midnight Friday October 13 2017 ( adelaide time - google 'what is the current time in adelaide australia' ) - then the coins will be lost to you ...

we can see a few coins left in the wallet so please remove them promptly ... we thank those who have taken the time over the last few weeks to remove their funds ... it makes our lives so much easier ...

CWI-Pool Signatum - http://pool.chainworksindustries.com/sigt/ ...

tanx ...

#crysx
uhro

Activity: 209

Join Cashbery Coin!

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:27:31 AM

You guys are pushing STRAKS... any chance I can get my 7k SIGT you kept when you shut down that page without even an email notification and then never responded to the PM I sent you responding to you asking how much I had and my username...

so you left 7k worth of sigt in a pool wallet? dont you realize you should withdraw it daily and have it sent to a desktop or offline wallet? For those who mine directly to exchanges, or keep all your coins on exchanges or mining sites.. shame shame.. you deserve to lose it for doing that. They notified everyone in plenty of time that they were closing sigt.. Sigt is a worthless scam anyway so you havent lost much.

And if you say there was NO NOTICE, check out the quote below....October 11, 2017... There was previous messages as well, before this one..

Its up to you to keep tabs on your coins, not the pool operators. They cant send emails to everyone who leaves their money in a pool wallet, not their job, not their concern.

### CWI-POOL SIGNATUM

hi all ...

we have notified once before about the impending closure some weeks ago - so sufficient time should have been available to remove all your coins from any accounts contained in the CWI-Pool Signatum ... if anyone still have coins stored within the pool wallet after midnight Friday October 13 2017 ( adelaide time - google 'what is the current time in adelaide australia' ) - then the coins will be lost to you ...

we can see a few coins left in the wallet so please remove them promptly ... we thank those who have taken the time over the last few weeks to remove their funds ... it makes our lives so much easier ...

tanx ...

#crysx

This is a ridiculous statement to support laziness, but the last part is absolutely right, they have no care or concern for their users, that became very clear to me already, you didn't need to point it out, but thank you.

Righto, gotcha, for this pool especially I have to pay attention to the fact they may take a page down and not let balance holders know, they may just add a comment to a forum and hope you catch it.

I can appreciate the fact that it's my fault I left my coin on a site I thought it was safe on and then they posted a comment on a thread saying if users with balances (of which they have an email for each) didn't withdraw by x date the coins would be "lost to you".  They say they kill them, but hey, who knows right... kind of an underhanded way to scoop up some coin. 

So my qualm is that there was no email sent despite them clearly knowing who needed to withdraw and having all the emails.  Also, why bother asking me how much I had and my account in a PM if you weren't even going to do anything about it.  Had I gotten an email notification, I surely would have withdrawn my coin, that was the only coin I was on that pool for and forgot about it for a couple weeks and came back to no website.

If they can send me an email every time a miner doesn't submit shares for 10 mins, don't you think they should be able to send an email out saying we are taking this page offline, withdraw your SIGT or their ours.

The 98 miner was good, but the enormous struggle they've had getting 99 out and the fact they care so little about their users as to close a pool down completely without even letting balance holders know, really should shake most peoples confidence.

Your product better be top notch because your credibility isn't.

The funny thing is, ~7k SIGT isn't even much money, it's the principal of the thing, I don't want others to lose out because they trusted this pool and didn't pay attention to all the posts in the forum.

Anyway, I hope they enjoy my, I mean, their shiny new STRAKS from the swap, I hope they put them to good use.

●  CASHBERY COIN - TRANSACTION TOOL OF NEW GENERATION!
  ●  ALREADY ON THE EXCHANGE!
  ●  MAIN TOPIC  ●  GO TO SITE  ●  OUR TELEGRAM  ●  BOUNTY
Moondoggie

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:49:33 AM

Good to see progress happening
Can’t wait for the release
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 09:13:37 AM

### CWI-POOL SIGNATUM

hi all ...

tanx ...

#crysx

This is a ridiculous statement to support laziness, but the last part is absolutely right, they have no care or concern for their users, that became very clear to me already, you didn't need to point it out, but thank you.

Righto, gotcha, for this pool especially I have to pay attention to the fact they may take a page down and not let balance holders know, they may just add a comment to a forum and hope you catch it.

I can appreciate the fact that it's my fault I left my coin on a site I thought it was safe on and then they posted a comment on a thread saying if users with balances (of which they have an email for each) didn't withdraw by x date the coins would be "lost to you".  They say they kill them, but hey, who knows right... kind of an underhanded way to scoop up some coin.  

So my qualm is that there was no email sent despite them clearly knowing who needed to withdraw and having all the emails.  Also, why bother asking me how much I had and my account in a PM if you weren't even going to do anything about it.  Had I gotten an email notification, I surely would have withdrawn my coin, that was the only coin I was on that pool for and forgot about it for a couple weeks and came back to no website.

If they can send me an email every time a miner doesn't submit shares for 10 mins, don't you think they should be able to send an email out saying we are taking this page offline, withdraw your SIGT or their ours.

The 98 miner was good, but the enormous struggle they've had getting 99 out and the fact they care so little about their users as to close a pool down completely without even letting balance holders know, really should shake most peoples confidence.

Your product better be top notch because your credibility isn't.

The funny thing is, ~7k SIGT isn't even much money, it's the principal of the thing, I don't want others to lose out because they trusted this pool and didn't pay attention to all the posts in the forum.

Anyway, I hope they enjoy my, I mean, their shiny new STRAKS from the swap, I hope they put them to good use.

Hi uhro,

Let's get a couple of things VERY straight here.

First - more than ample warning was given about the removal of the pool in both our threads AND the SIGT thread. The emails that you are talking about are automated emails from the pool itself. MPOS does NOT have an email management system in place to email ALL 5000+ users in our database (which is small compared to, say, a massive pool like suprnova in fact), so we would have to do it manually. NOT a chance. Even ocminer at suprnova or tpruvot or anyone holding anything that resembles a pool would email each and every one in their database IF they had to do it manually. It simply cannot be done due to the time expenditure. This is WHY the threads are used for communication. Considering the crapfight that was going on at the time of the SIGT debacle, I think 4 weeks is more than enough time to recognize that it is entirely YOUR responsibility to take care of YOUR coins. As you will find being a miner, ALL pools do exactly the same. Why? Because unlike your feeble attempt to burden us with a slur of laziness, NO POOL OPERATOR can spend over a week (or three) of their time to do such a thing on a manual basis.

Second - STRAKS? Are you kidding me? Your assumption AND accusation that we are 1, backing STRAKS and 2, exchanging YOUR SIGT for STRAKS are completely and utterly false and unfounded.

Third - ALL our pool wallets that we have that get decommissioned are destroyed. YES! DESTROYED. This is WHY we post (in ample time) as a warning to those who carry coins in our pool (or ANY pool for that matter) that 1, NO pool should be used as an online wallet for YOUR storage as no pool operator is a banking system for AltCoins and 2, the pending decommissions are NOT for our benefit but the communities benefit and as such, the wallets will never see 'the light of day' once they are decommissioned.

If you are asking WHY we destroy the wallets, the reasons for it are two fold. 1, the destruction of the (remainder) of the coins in the wallet AFTER ample warning is given is to increase the value of the circulating coins by reducing the number of coins in the network through our dilution and 2, so that there is NO WAY you can accuse us of TAKING the coins and using them for our benefit, as you have seen fit to do with your ridiculous assumption that we took the coins and exchanged them for STRAKS. What a crock of an accusation, as if we NEED the coins in the first place, let alone backing STRAKS. Even if we DID setup a STRAKS pool, the consideration will only ever come AFTER we finalize the damage control we are undertaking NOW.

Fourth - and pay very close attention to this point as it is BY FAR the most important of the points made. Our credibility is not only spotless, but the methods we employ in our business (YES - BUSINESS! We are not a simple backyard 16year old ripping people off) are set to a very specific way of doing things, so that NO trail is left behind for such ridiculous accusations to occur. In YOUR eyes, our credibility may be down the chute, but we carry ourselves with our heads held high and respectfully, as we do NOTHING intentional to mar our business in anyway. We are actually quite taken back by the events that have happened, and will only ever apologize for that which we have done WRONG. So far, YOUR inability to react quickly enough after the postings on both threads (do we call that laziness?) has led to the loss of a number of coins which we were looking into. As it turns out, there was no way we could resurrect these coins for the wallet as NO private keys are kept when a module is destroyed (refer back to why we destroy above).

I appreciate that you are upset by the decisions to do so, and the lateness in which you reacted (just under 4weeks to be exact) to the postings, but there is NO need to pretend that you are doing ANYONE a favour by 'warning' others of their impending doom when using our pools. Why? Because we just don't work that way. Even if ther was the opportunity to do so, we wouldn't as we are legally bound by the Australian laws governing the direction of use of our business. From memory, there were a few users who didn't draw their funds out in time, which you obviously were one, and we gave more then adequate warning. We DO NOT keep coins, and DO NOT exchange them for newer projects. For the amount that these coins are worth, they are just NOT worth our time to stuff around with them, so destroyed they are. Even high value coins are treated the SAME WAY. 21 days warning of closure, then wallet destroyed. We keep only what is ours, which is the fee - 0.7%.

Our time is spent working on a better pool system, a better miner (of which the next revision is of nothing you have ever seen before in mining crypto), a better trade system (part of our backend), a better use scenario for the portfolio of coins you may have sitting there in bags, and many more things we have been and still continue to work on.

We have had our entire NEW infrastructure destroyed, worth a WHOLE LOT MORE than 7KSIGT, because our ISP had the misfortune of dealing with a fraudulent contractor whose actions have affected not only us, but ALL that have been setting up the new infrastructure. Damage control, development of CWIgm, development of Obsidian (our custom stratum), CWI-WebSite, Development of OZC then INFX, the purchase of over 61KAUD of Aorus 1080ti Xtreme cards for theFARM, and much much more I will not reveal in public has been going on, and you think we have the time to worry about a few SIGT?

I have some very basic suggestions for you, that is more advice than suggestions, in the OVER 5.5Years I have personally been mining AND more than that in the Crypto Industry. The suggestions/advice are very simple. If you cannot find a reason to use our products, don't. If you have a qualm, then we will attend to it with what we have present at the time you have the qualm. If you are unsure, or even aggravated about anything to do with us or the business then by all means voice it, but don't DARE think that your false accusations and assumptions of what we MAY have done or not done, are going to be posted here and fall into the category of 'CWI don't care'. We DO care! So much so, that it is the reason for this lengthy reply. I find it to be an ABHORRENT act, and a display of your own character to accuse CWI of things that have not been done, and things which we could not bother with doing even if we wanted to.

This is the CWIgm thread, and even though the pools do get mentioned here among other things, it is NOT the place for these false accusations you have posted. It's quite obvious that you have no justification for the false accusations, but irritating is the least I can say when I read such garbage like that. Did we LOSE your coins like most other pools have? Did we get hacked and lose ALL our funds like most other pools have, who mostly just throw their arms up in the air and shrug their shoulders to say 'sorry - we got hacked. Tough luck!'?

Seriously mate, in all my years in the Crypo Industry, I have yet to do ANYTHING that isn't FOR the miner or Crypto user. This goes for CWI-theTEAM also.

I feel bad that you think our credibility is poor in your eyes, but now there is nothing we can do. As for our products, including our pools, would you suggest a better way to make you as a user aware of the pending closures or changes other than emails? Had we emailed, would you have complained that we didn't warn everyone by NOT posting in the threads? Or would there be something else we could have missed? We are consistently improving our systems, as well as the services that we build, so we won't cut corners there, nor shall we cut corners when closing a pool or making changes in any other area of the CWI-EcoSystem. A post in our CWI-Thread is where these posts will be made, now and in the future. You found us here, why on earth wouldn't you check here for updates, especially considering BitCoinTalk being a forum, can notify you of changes to the thread itself.

I will concede to this much, which is my lack of communication lately due to the obovementioned issues and work. This will change when we have things a little more stable in the new year.

As for your coins, unless we can find the amount that was IN the wallet at time of destruction, we can do not much more than consider them lost. Please have more diligence in keeping an eye on YOUR coin portfolio. I am sure that if it were BTC that were sitting there, you would not have left it till the last second to pull them out of our pool when instructed to (and yes - we would have destroyed that wallet too. There is NO difference between wallets with our policy).

BTW - @sparker327, much appreciated for your response also, as it is pretty much what we believe also, as stated above.

#crysx

uhro

Join Cashbery Coin!

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:25:22 PM

That's a long winded reply to me saying it's my fault for trusting you.

If you read through, I was clearly not worried about the ~7k SIGT, I was just mightily disappointed that a "business" would destroy users assets without at least trying to get in touch with them first.

Again, my fault, repeat, my fault, I clearly overestimated the professionalism of your "business".

And again, to users, let my situation be a warning that you need to keep up with the public announcements for this "Business" as they have "destroyed" my assets without notifying ME.

@chrysophylax, I have accepted your excuse, and I am accepting the blame, I knew I wasn't getting it back as soon as I saw that SIGT pool page not loading.

You can act all high and mighty, smacking down a user with insults and droning on about bad contractors, but you call yourself a business and I don't know of a whole lot of business models where it's acceptable to destroy a users assets without trying to contact them first.  You can disagree all you want, but destroying any users assets without trying to contact them is a VERY POOR business model and you are absolutely daydreaming if that attitude towards your users gives you spotless credibility.

Your claim of false accusations is only true if your word is good on the coin being destroyed, I guess we have to accept your word right... so fine, you destroyed the coin, I did say I accepted your excuse.
My claim that your "business" destroyed my coin without even trying to contact me is very legit.
Defending your lack of professionalism in this case by saying "Did we LOSE your coins like most other pools have? Did we get hacked and lose ALL our funds like most other pools have, who mostly just throw their arms up in the air and shrug their shoulders to say 'sorry - we got hacked. Tough luck!'?"... is just sad.  
Not being incompetent, or thieves doesn't make you a professional business.

I don't even want the ~SIGT, I want you to realize that if it's a business, run it like a business, don't f*ck your users over because you can't do a (SELECT email FROM users WHERE SIGTBal > 0) and write a quick program to send out some emails, would you like me to explain how easy this is in like half a dozen languages...  You obviously have programmers, and what should have been done isn't even hard for even an amateur programmer.  Heck, here's a simple solution since you want to compare to other similar pools and their xxxxx users, use the damn Newsletter that's build in.  Either way, not hard compared to the programming your already doing.  And you called me lazy...

In the end, your "business" will rely on it's users, don't forget that.

sparker327

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:59:12 PM

If you read through, I was clearly not worried about the ~7k SIGT, I was just mightily disappointed that a "business" would destroy users assets without at least trying to get in touch with them first.

Again, my fault, repeat, my fault, I clearly overestimated the professionalism of your "business".

And again, to users, let my situation be a warning that you need to keep up with the public announcements for this "Business" as they have "destroyed" my assets without notifying ME.

@chrysophylax, I have accepted your excuse, and I am accepting the blame, I knew I wasn't getting it back as soon as I saw that SIGT pool page not loading.

You can act all high and mighty, smacking down a user with insults and droning on about bad contractors, but you call yourself a business and I don't know of a whole lot of business models where it's acceptable to destroy a users assets without trying to contact them first.  You can disagree all you want, but destroying any users assets without trying to contact them is a VERY POOR business model and you are absolutely daydreaming if that attitude towards your users gives you spotless credibility.

Your claim of false accusations is only true if your word is good on the coin being destroyed, I guess we have to accept your word right... so fine, you destroyed the coin, I did say I accepted your excuse.
My claim that your "business" destroyed my coin without even trying to contact me is very legit.
Defending your lack of professionalism in this case by saying "Did we LOSE your coins like most other pools have? Did we get hacked and lose ALL our funds like most other pools have, who mostly just throw their arms up in the air and shrug their shoulders to say 'sorry - we got hacked. Tough luck!'?"... is just sad.  

I don't even want the ~SIGT, I want you to realize that if it's a business, run it like a business, don't f*ck your users over because you can't do a (SELECT email FROM users WHERE SIGTBal > 0) and write a quick program to send out some emails, would you like me to explain how easy this is in like half a dozen languages...  You obviously have programmers, and what should have been done isn't even hard for even an amateur programmer.  Heck, here's a simple solution since you want to compare to other similar pools and their xxxxx users, use the damn Newsletter that's build in.  Either way, not hard compared to the programming your already doing.  And you called me lazy...

So I guess they should drop everything else they are doing to write a new program that integrates into their pool system and sends you an email that says "hey, remove your coins from the pool wallet so you dont lose them"? are you a programmer? its not as easy as you think to do what you want them to do. Sorry you lost your coins, but no pool anywhere that I've ever used will send automated emails to its users to give them a heads up. Is it a good idea to have that in a pool? yes, I think it would be. However, the truth is they dont, probably never will so you have to do your own due dillegence to keep an eye on your coins. You admitted as much, so move forward and next time have your coins sent to a desktop wallet at a small interval.

FYI, You can set automated payouts in most of these types of pools, others do it without you setting it. I have coins sitting on other pools that wont pay them out for some reason. Ive sent emails and get no responses. Not a big deal, I just stop mining those pools and find another one. chalk it up to a learning experience and be happy you didnt lose hundreds, if not thousands of dollars.. my brother lost a few thousand dollars worth of coins due to hackers.. I understand you say its the principle, and I would normally agree but they did notify on their threads multiple times about closing the pool and removing coins. The quote I posted was just 1 of many.

Ive never had issues with CWI pools, or getting my coins out from them. They operate with integrity and are very active on all their threads, unlike lots of other pool operators. Sorry you had a bad experience but I will stick with their pools...

and honestly, I wouldnt use straks to wipe my ass with. if I were you I would find a better coin to mine or trade..

uhro

Join Cashbery Coin!

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:23:21 PM

So I guess they should drop everything else they are doing to write a new program that integrates into their pool system and sends you an email that says "hey, remove your coins from the pool wallet so you dont lose them"? are you a programmer? its not as easy as you think to do what you want them to do. Sorry you lost your coins, but no pool anywhere that I've ever used will send automated emails to its users to give them a heads up. Is it a good idea to have that in a pool? yes, I think it would be. However, the truth is they dont, probably never will so you have to do your own due dillegence to keep an eye on your coins. You admitted as much, so move forward and next time have your coins sent to a desktop wallet at a small interval.

FYI, You can set automated payouts in most of these types of pools, others do it without you setting it. I have coins sitting on other pools that wont pay them out for some reason. Ive sent emails and get no responses. Not a big deal, I just stop mining those pools and find another one. chalk it up to a learning experience and be happy you didnt lose hundreds, if not thousands of dollars.. my brother lost a few thousand dollars worth of coins due to hackers.. I understand you say its the principle, and I would normally agree but they did notify on their threads multiple times about closing the pool and removing coins. The quote I posted was just 1 of many.

Ive never had issues with CWI pools, or getting my coins out from them. They operate with integrity and are very active on all their threads, unlike lots of other pool operators. Sorry you had a bad experience but I will stick with their pools...

and honestly, I wouldnt use straks to wipe my ass with. if I were you I would find a better coin to mine or trade..

In fact I am a programmer, and I do know how easy it is to setup a program to query a DB and then send emails, depending on the language and the DB it could be less than 100 lines of code, depending on how simple you want it.

You talk pools, chry talks about being a professional business.  If it were some random little pool then ya, you get screwed, you get screwed, but when you deal with a pool that is trying to present itself as a part of a bigger more professional business, I would expect more business like practices and professionalism.  If Suprnova were to de-list coins, I would definitely expect to hear about it in my inbox, especially if I had a balance.  If littlepool.whogives.anF did it, ya, you gotta live with that.

If you want to lump CWI in with "other pools", then ya, all this BS fits, but don't present as professional when your not.
If they want to be a professional business, then they should be professional and use good business practices, otherwise they are just like other pools and the "business" stuff is all a facade.

sparker327

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:40:32 PM
Last edit: December 14, 2017, 12:50:45 PM by sparker327

In fact I am a programmer, and I do know how easy it is to setup a program to query a DB and then send emails, depending on the language and the DB it could be less than 100 lines of code, depending on how simple you want it.

You talk pools, chry talks about being a professional business.  If it were some random little pool then ya, you get screwed, you get screwed, but when you deal with a pool that is trying to present itself as a part of a bigger more professional business, I would expect more business like practices and professionalism.  If Suprnova were to de-list coins, I would definitely expect to hear about it in my inbox, especially if I had a balance.  If littlepool.whogives.anF did it, ya, you gotta live with that.

If you want to lump CWI in with "other pools", then ya, all this BS fits, but don't present as professional when your not.
If they want to be a professional business, then they should be professional and use good business practices, otherwise they are just like other pools and the "business" stuff is all a facade.

good, write a program to do what you want then give it to cwi.. problem solved. Then, give it to all the other pools as well since I know of maybe 2 that will send email alerts (usually only if your miner goes offline). And suprnova, yeah theyve delisted coins I was mining in the past and guess what? no email in my inbox champ

heres a screenshot of the extent that SUPRNOVA NOTIFIES people of pools closing... ready... (and you can verify its not photoshopped by going to the page yourself)

uhro

Join Cashbery Coin!

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:35:26 PM

You talk pools, chry talks about being a professional business.  If it were some random little pool then ya, you get screwed, you get screwed, but when you deal with a pool that is trying to present itself as a part of a bigger more professional business, I would expect more business like practices and professionalism.  If Suprnova were to de-list coins, I would definitely expect to hear about it in my inbox, especially if I had a balance.  If littlepool.whogives.anF did it, ya, you gotta live with that.

good, write a program to do what you want then give it to cwi.. problem solved. Then, give it to all the other pools as well since I know of maybe 2 that will send email alerts (usually only if your miner goes offline). And suprnova, yeah theyve delisted coins I was mining in the past and guess what? no email in my inbox champ

heres a screenshot of the extent that SUPRNOVA NOTIFIES people of pools closing... ready... (and you can verify its not photoshopped by going to the page yourself)

Show me your balance is over 0 and they didn't email you...
Or find one of those 8 miners and see if they got an email...

I'm guessing your part of the CWI team or someone that doesn't care that someone calling themselves a "business" would treat a users assets like this... very American attitude to just accept whatever crap is forced down your throat and defend it without thinking.

If you seriously like the business model where the "business" will destroy your assets without contacting you then you will definitely get screwed at some point along the line buy someone calling themselves a business.

Just because that's the only options right now, that doesn't make them business or their practices right or moral...

If you had lost an asset to a company and contacted them to see what happened and they said "oh, we destroyed that because you weren't paying attention", I don't know that you would be defending that business model as strongly as you are.

I got sucked into the "business" behind this project thinking it would be more reliable, business like and not just a pool, I was clearly wrong.  AGAIN, my fault.
Bottom line, CWI is just another pool, no real business here yet.

P.S. I appreciate you're replies as it keeps the facade of a business here in the light.

e6ug

Activity: 773
Merit: 508

Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:34:54 PM

any news on new miner or pools?  cant wait to test Bitcore!   I Have:

1050ti
1060 3gb
1060 6gb
1060 6gb with OC 9Gbps mem
1070ti
1080ti

sparker327

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:30:36 PM
Last edit: December 14, 2017, 09:43:09 PM by sparker327

Show me your balance is over 0 and they didn't email you...
Or find one of those 8 miners and see if they got an email...

I'm guessing your part of the CWI team or someone that doesn't care that someone calling themselves a "business" would treat a users assets like this... very American attitude to just accept whatever crap is forced down your throat and defend it without thinking.

If you seriously like the business model where the "business" will destroy your assets without contacting you then you will definitely get screwed at some point along the line buy someone calling themselves a business.

Just because that's the only options right now, that doesn't make them business or their practices right or moral...

If you had lost an asset to a company and contacted them to see what happened and they said "oh, we destroyed that because you weren't paying attention", I don't know that you would be defending that business model as strongly as you are.

I got sucked into the "business" behind this project thinking it would be more reliable, business like and not just a pool, I was clearly wrong.  AGAIN, my fault.
Bottom line, CWI is just another pool, no real business here yet.

P.S. I appreciate you're replies as it keeps the facade of a business here in the light.

if "they", the business was responsible for losing the asset then yes, it's their fault and you should be compensated. However, they went above and beyond and notified everyone weeks prior to shutting down the pool. Besides, mining had stopped for SIGT, it was in POS stage so why on earth would you keep your coins on a pool wallet? This is not even remotely their fault. Had they never notified, posted or communicated to anyone about the pool closing I would agree with you discarding your coins was wrong, but thats not what happened. You were lazy and didnt keep an eye on "your" coins. It's not their responsibility to make sure you keep track of your coins, its yours. I have no busines with CWI besides mining their pools once in a while.

Lets not get into business ethics, values or morals. I happen to own a business and fully understand how to run a successful one, as well as how to handle customers and issues. However, there are times when customers, vendors and employees are in the wrong and its not the fault of the business. This is one of those times. What's funny is that you keep stating that it's your fault, then immediately place the blame on them. So, lets be honest, your not really taking any blame at all here.

As far as an "american attitude", you have no clue what an american attitude is. Americans have never just let people force things down their throats without defending it. I will assume you know nothing of world history when you make ignorant statements like that. Let me guess, U.K? It's usually my friends from across the pond that think that, especially the ones who have never spent time in the US and get their world view from TV. If your statement about Americans was true, then I guess I would just take what you say and let you shove it down my throat without so much as a yelp or a cogent argument.

Try again with your argument. Its fun to watch you continually make the same one and still come up on the short end.

Bottom line, as an individual, it is your responsibility to manage your money. Whether it be fiat, crypto or whatever currency your country uses. It is also your responsiblity to keep track of where it is. How hard would it have been to set auto payments on the pool and have the coins sent to a desktop wallet? certainly not 100 lines of code. Took me 5 seconds to configure and my coins don't sit idle in the pools wallet.
jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 05:13:24 AM

Any word on when miner will be public for your pools?

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money