Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 01:02:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EGC] EverGreenCoin® | 7% PoS | 501c3 Foundation | Android & Web | PoE  (Read 81758 times)
ttyrtgfg

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 11:07:28 AM

i think there is something wrong with wallet itself.
because i sent another 1.8 EGC to the same public address of mine. it showed up immediately in my wallet. but the amount that has been received 2 months ago doesn't show up. when i check in blockchian the balance is correct and all my fund is present there.
is there to import transaction id manually???

The repairwallet Command should fix your Wallet If Not I am Not Sure what issue you have.

repairwallet command didnt help
thanks anyway
i dont know whether EGC developers can be of help??

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ttyrtgfg

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 11:25:00 AM

please any admin sees my post tell me how to contact them to get my problem resolved
thanks
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1192

EverGreenCoin® (EGC) EverGreenCoin.org

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 11:43:44 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2017, 12:10:08 PM by EverGreenCoin

because i sent another 1.8 EGC to the same public address of mine. it showed up immediately in my wallet. but the amount that has been received 2 months ago doesn't show up. when i check in blockchian the balance is correct and all my fund is present there.

The repairwallet Command should fix your Wallet If Not I am Not Sure what issue you have.

repairwallet command didnt help
thanks anyway
i dont know whether EGC developers can be of help??

To help is why questions have been asked...

Did you already successfully import it? ...

No, you cannot import a transaction alone. If you are receiving at the address today, and it does not show a transaction from 2 months ago, you never received at that address 2 months ago. This is assuming repairwallet has completed. Details of that tx should be investigated. Transaction IDs are needed for that.

To your original report of an error on import, if you did in fact get an error when importing, you never imported. I have imported hundreds of keys. It is not something wrong with the wallet itself. An error reported while importing a private key does mean an error with the private key. In that event the private key being input should be investigated. EverGreenCoin will never ask for any private key.

please any admin sees my post tell me how to contact them to get my problem resolved
thanks

In the future and for faster support, I advise making a ticket at support.evergreencoin.org

Please make a support ticket and provide the details requested in that support ticket.

ttyrtgfg

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 07:15:50 PM

although i had private key of my address, my wallet didnt show up my balance. thanks for help and support of Evergreen developer and through complicated stage all my fund has been recovered.
i greatly admire their help
thank you
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 07:35:57 PM

although i had private key of my address, my wallet didnt show up my balance. thanks for help and support of Evergreen developer and through complicated stage all my fund has been recovered.
thank you
great to hear that your balance is now correct =)

I had a similar problem with another coin recently it was quite an interesting and educating experience =)
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 10:22:14 PM

thank you

You're very welcome and pleased to be of assistance!

Thanks for the patience!

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 12:29:14 PM

starmman
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 02:14:39 PM

Nice price hike again today - I wonder if the price will stabailise at a higher price this time or drop back down again. Personally, I'm happy so long as there is lots of volume as it shows people are investing in the coin and there is a lot of liquidity =D
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 06:57:33 PM

Friendly reminder:

The weekly EverGreenCoin Community Meeting & Hangout will be starting in less than 24 hours!

It will start at 17:00 GMT (1 pm EST), Saturday the 26th. I will post a link to the Gooogle Hangout about an hour prior. The hangout will be open for 3 or more hours. You can stop by anytime during that.

A portion of the meeting will be recorded, but I make sure participants are aware of the recording starting. I try to keep the recorded part shorter and on-point, out of consideration for those who may have little time to watch the recording.

All are welcome!
Come hangout with some like-minded friends!
See you there!

Have an awesome weekend!

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2017, 04:36:58 PM

The hangout is now open, https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/w54tslbcqzf25dydfxn3ix5q74e and will be open the next few hours. Feel free to stop by!

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2017, 12:26:43 AM

The hangout is now open, https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/w54tslbcqzf25dydfxn3ix5q74e and will be open the next few hours. Feel free to stop by!

Here is today's recording, https://youtu.be/t1udJF6keiY

Here is the winning garden photo:

Thanks for watching!

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 09:22:38 AM

A community member in telegram brought this to my attention:

It is untrue.  Cheesy

I do kindly ask that community members, when seeing such misleading allegations, report the post. There have been similar, I presume pump attempts, on twitter. I do try and debunk such attempts, but they are becoming more frequent. EverGreenCoin never resorts to lying to add value and I would appreciate any help in preventing the spread of such lies. They do sometimes mislead people. Those intentionally mislead people sometimes do seek answers to false claims. A waste of time I hope to be able to avoid. Of course, if there was anything of this magnitude or any 'alliance' for certain, you would have heard about it here and on our website.

On a much more serious note:

Our hearts, thoughts and prayers go out to the people impacted by hurricane Harvey in Texas. There has been some talks around the community about helping these victims, up to and including traveling to Texas. An emergency crowdfund for a donation to a food bank is another idea stirring. Any of those plans materializing would of course be announced. Community members with ideas of how EverGreenCoin might better or more effectively help these people effected by this travesty are encouraged to express any ideas or thoughts.

starmman
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 10:40:52 AM

Our hearts, thoughts and prayers go out to the people impacted by hurricane Harvey in Texas. There has been some talks around the community about helping these victims, up to and including traveling to Texas. An emergency crowdfund for a donation to a food bank is another idea stirring. Any of those plans materializing would of course be announced. Community members with ideas of how EverGreenCoin might better or more effectively help these people effected by this travesty are encouraged to express any ideas or thoughts.

Maybe a community donation to the American Red Cross will help - not sure what percentage of their donations actually go to helping though - a lot of these larger charities use a large percentage of donations to line their pockets

It's possible to donate directly on the facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/redcross/
CryptoCanary
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1006

Canary in the crypto mine!

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 04:01:37 AM
Last edit: September 01, 2017, 01:59:31 PM by CryptoCanary

Maybe a community donation to the American Red Cross will help - not sure what percentage of their donations actually go to helping though - a lot of these larger charities use a large percentage of donations to line their pockets.

A lot of these big charities have 75% or more of the 'donation' become an 'administration fee', agreed. Nothing against the Red Cross specifically, but the misappropriation of kindhearted donations by these large charities is always a risk, perhaps more a certainty. One could argue that is the cost of helping, or giving one's self a degree of helping satisfaction, with out the need to invest the time to make sure any and all contribution is used to directly help.

EverGreenCoin is as much about the wise-use of resources as it the wise-not-use of other more finite resources. A wise man once told me, "every drop counts!", and we should be sure to make that hold true in this case also. I feel confident the EverGreenCoin community can help in a manner not relying on a large charity. We will invest the time to make sure its used wisely. I am sure it will be a topic of discussion at this weekend's hangout.

EDIT: Sorry, my 75% might be backwards. Only 75% of the donation being used, 25% for administration. At any rate, my point stands.

starmman
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 08:56:27 AM

Maybe a community donation to the American Red Cross will help - not sure what percentage of their donations actually go to helping though - a lot of these larger charities use a large percentage of donations to line their pockets.

A lot of these big charities have 75% or more of the 'donation' become an 'administration fee', agreed. Nothing against the Red Cross specifically, but the misappropriation of kindhearted donations by these large charities is always a risk, perhaps more a certainty. One could argue that is the cost of helping, or giving one's self a degree of helping satisfaction, with out the need to invest the time to make sure any and all contribution is used to directly help.

EverGreenCoin is as much about the wise-use of resources as it the wise-not-use of other more finite resources. A wise man once told me, "every drop counts!", and we should be sure to make that hold true in this case also. I feel confident the EverGreenCoin community can help in a manner not relying on a large charity. We will invest the time to make sure its used wisely. I am sure it will be a topic of discussion at this weekend's hangout.
I checked the UK red cross yesterday and they seem to only use 70% of their funds towards causes - and I wouldn't be surprised if most of that was wages for people on the ground. American Red Cross claim to give more but they are not at all transparent into where that cash goes.

Think you are right in trying to help more directly.

I'll struggle to make the community meetup again as yet again another busy weekend - if I get back early I'll join.
Altcoinster

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 08:59:08 AM

Just bought my bag of EGC at 2900 before a few month. The charts just looks awesome and has a huge potential to grow up in a alt bull market cycle. It just showed up some strength in the last altseason. I think this is one of the right picks for the the next alt bullseason. Going to sell my corns over 20k satoshis. Not planning to take a small x2 oder x3 profit.
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 09:57:54 AM

Just bought my bag of EGC at 2900 before a few month. The charts just looks awesome and has a huge potential to grow up in a alt bull market cycle. It just showed up some strength in the last altseason. I think this is one of the right picks for the the next alt bullseason. Going to sell my corns over 20k satoshis. Not planning to take a small x2 oder x3 profit.

Welcome to EverGreenCoin! Thank you for the kind words!

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 12:13:10 PM

I checked the UK red cross yesterday and they seem to only use 70% of their funds towards causes - and I wouldn't be surprised if most of that was wages for people on the ground. American Red Cross claim to give more but they are not at all transparent into where that cash goes.

Think you are right in trying to help more directly.

I'll struggle to make the community meetup again as yet again another busy weekend - if I get back early I'll join.

No worries. Many community members do not have time to make the Google Hangouts. I too may have to miss the sept. 9th hangout. I will be traveling that weekend. If I am unable to attend, I may ask Bow or Joe to host that Saturday.

I shutter to mention, best hopes and prayers also for those effected by floods in India and those surrounding areas. Community members are still trying to locate loved ones in Texas, even now as that news worsens. These intensifingly worsening weather patterns are clear signs, we better take Mother Nature more seriously. News of the lose of life is heart breaking and the hardships people endure through these travesties are unimaginable.

drofxafm

Activity: 121
Merit: 20

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:59:14 PM

Here is today's recording, https://youtu.be/t1udJF6keiY

Having watched some of the recent community meeting (I've not watched it all yet) there's a few things I should try and answer about the Solar Staker. Please note if you want to discuss the Solar Staker with me I'm regularly on Slack and IRC and monitor the Telegram Group, here and the evergreencoin.org forums. I'm more likely to pick up questions or comments via those means rather than the community meetings.

For the Solar Staker the blocking point isn't really hardware at the moment, what I (and I hope this community) is aiming for is something that can be easily used by someone relatively new to crypto currency, that's low power (5W or less) and easy to keep updated. I'd also like to think we can come up with something that can run for decent amounts of time from solar energy. This requires more than just a single piece of hardware and is arguably a harder project than some of the big things we've crowd funded to pay for (Android wallet etc.)

On the same lines I've started writing a Design Brief, arguably something that should have been done 18 months ago before anyone started thinking about solutions (and before I got involved in EGC). Once it's a bit more complete I'll make the details available to anyone that's interested for comment. If we can make it something the community largely agrees on it makes any future discussions much easier.

Hardware
Hardware wise we have been looking at the C.H.I.P. from Next Thing, the main reason we liked it is due to all the things it has on board (meaning less we potentially have to do). Whilst waiting to find out about the future of the C.H.I.P. I've also been looking at (and in some cases buying) other things that might be a suitable alternative. For the majority of well designed and supported single board computers (SBC) there should be little effort moving between them.

I'll try and address some of the other SBCs I've considered in a second post (this one is already quite long)!

I've not really explored the android route partly as until very recently we've not had an android wallet that can be backed up. Buying an android phone without a contract also tends to be relatively expensive (at least in terms of the price point the Solar Staker is aimed at). When I've looked previously non contract android phones tend to be in the $70-$100 range (and that's from the online Chinese stores). Certainly not an expense I'm willing to spend from my own pocket for this project.

Solar
This is something Steven and myself have worked on (Steven has the foundation and faucet wallets running from solar). We've both been trying a few different options for solar charging and battery technologies.

Steven's efforts have mostly been around using a 12V lead acid battery with solar charge controller with my work been around using the Lipo charger built into the CHIP - both options have their merits and drawbacks.

Whilst it might look easy based on the plethora of solar batteries on the likes of Amazon and eBay please take some time to read what they actually say. For instance the [url url=http://a.co/h5CiNiu]first hit I got on amazon[/url] advertises itself as a solar charger, but when you read the details you find:
Please kindly note that it's comparatively slow for the solar charger to recharge itself via solar power, due to the limited surface of the solar panel.

Based on the limited information I calculate it will take 24 hours of strong, direct sunlight in perfect conditions to charge based on that solar panel. In reality you never get 100% output from a solar cell and in general no one gets 100% daylight so a week to recharge is a more realistic estimate of it's time to charge from solar.

For a 5000mAh lipo battery that may only give a couple of hours run time to some devices. A 10W android TV stick might not even manage 2 hours. Testing a similar capacity battery on my C.H.I.P. last year yielded around 15 hours (although that may reduce if it's doing a bit more work).

For my CHIP running off mains (USB Voltage and USB Current shown in the red box) this is the current power overview. This equates to about 3W (I actually had to refresh a few times to find some higher values, other refreshes gave around 1W)

One thing we've not really looked at yet is arranging for a clean shutdown of the device as the battery gets low and startup once there's enough charge in the battery, I think this would be relatively trivial on the CHIP (at least with a LiPo cell) but it may take some additional circuitry on other systems - this is important to have once we have a product to ship as sudden power loss can cause issues on a number of devices - meaning re-flashing is needed.

Useability
I have the start of a web based interface for accessing the wallet over a wifi network, this is currently based loosely on the QT wallet interface however some bits may require changes to the current CLI wallet (which is currently being used on the back end). I think Steven is planning on showing some of the interface during the next community hangout.

I've also been working on ways to deploy and update the software on whatever device we deploy to - There seems little point providing a version that barely works and then requires a computer science degree to update it.

The majority of this work can be used across any Linux device we might choose to use. My development work for this has involved the C.H.I.P., Banana Pi and Raspberry Pi 3.

Issues
There have been various discussions about what we need from this device in particular things like how much of the time it's active (a few hours a month vs 24/7). This has a significant impact on the design. This is part of what I hope to address by the Design Document I mentioned earlier in the post. There's also been discussion about security which may dictate what's sensible or not.

Also please realise that Steven and Myself are trying to provide something that's easy for an average member of the public to use (as is the ethos around several things EGC is trying to do). This means a fair amount of development work (probably more than has happened in many of the other EGC projects). And it's something that we've both largely funded from our own pockets and in our free time. We also have to work to pay the bills and have other interests and commitments which also demand time and money.
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 04:26:52 PM

Today's EverGreenCoin Community Meeting and Hangout is open, https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/urnea5374fe75mymsv6qyadiuae

All are welcome! See you there!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: