Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:16:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EGC] EverGreenCoin® | 7% PoS | 501c3 Foundation | Android & Web | PoE  (Read 81758 times)
Wananavu99

Activity: 345
Merit: 131

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:26:52 AM

Is this coin still mineable or is it completely POS? 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
smokim87

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:03:12 AM

Is this coin still mineable or is it completely POS? 

POS only. POW ended a long time ago.

Smartlands did an ICO, sue those thieves...money donated to the poor much more useful to what they will be using it for (empty fancy offices and first class trips around the world lol).
Geekxplore

Activity: 56
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:40:41 PM

What is EverGreen Coin?

EverGreen Coin is a currency that from the beginning is not just an environmentally friendly currency, but an environmental movement and a paradigm shift.
Read More https://www.geekxplore.com/what-is-evergreen-coin.html
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1192

EverGreenCoin® (EGC) EverGreenCoin.org

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 10:36:03 PM

What is EverGreen Coin?

EverGreen Coin is a currency that from the beginning is not just an environmentally friendly currency, but an environmental movement and a paradigm shift.
Read More https://www.geekxplore.com/what-is-evergreen-coin.html

Thank you for making this and thanks for sharing it here! It has been shared on social media already, but we will continue to promote it more.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 10:56:41 PM

Here is a link for a video update, https://youtu.be/fePoZjC9nPM , summarizing current events. I hope the community finds it informative.

Agenda: Trademark Infringement, Price, Thug Rose, EGC v1.7.3, Tree Plant, IEO installs, Kakuma, Solar Staker, Wiki.

Please give it a thumbs-up if you find it worthy. Thanks in advance!

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 02:36:07 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2018, 04:41:14 PM by EverGreenCoin

I'm looking for new coins that can really contribute to the development of cryptocurrencies and EGC might be one of those coins! Dev, in addition to this delivery you are seeking for the best to EGC, how much confidence do you have that EGC will get more value in future than it does today?

Hi Ajpa94, thank you for your interest. I am happy to learn we have caught your attention and pleased to be the first to welcome you. Welcome to EverGreenCon!

Of course my opinion might be bias to a degree, but I have much confidence. More than confidence honestly, it really is a certainty as it has been and will continue to be. Allow me explain why, so my bias can be removed.

The community is growing more and more everyday, as are the contributions of skills, hands, and minds. Do not misinterpret this relatively quite thread as it is not used for day-to-day communications. We have a support ticket system that allows people to get support without posting here, though they are welcome to. We have our own forums were we can better organize, present, and moderate information. We just recently added our own Wiki and several community members are contribution to that as I compose this. We have more interaction on social media like reddit, Facebook, and Twitter. Our telegram is steadily busy with community members of more of the investor 'flavor'. Please do not take any of this as ignoring the cryptocurrency community or bitcointalk, that will never be the case. But we feel our audience is of a much grander scope. Our Discord is busy every day with like-minded individuals contributing how they can and see fit as the best application of skills they posses. This has been an immense help to freeing time for 'core' issues, both development and business. Some of which only I can do as President of the incorporation and 501c3. For that I am very thankful and the affects to our rate of growth have been evident. As we fortify this structure, it only becomes more efficient at growth.

Without question the development of production solar stakers will have a enormous impact on our value, both in the crypto-space and out. Keeping the community informed to those developments, setbacks, and, yes ultimately, progress has minimized the 'complaints' and we all appreciative of that understanding. It is with merit. That said, we are perfectly on course for Q1 as currently road-mapped. Thanks in large part to the cooperation with pi-supply, more evidence of the growth.

On the environmental side of things our growth is accelerating also. More and more other environmental organizations are learning of EverGreenCoin and they like what they see and learn. They too wish to leverage EverGreenCoin for their organizations for fundraising and promotion. All of which adds value. On that note, not to diverge greatly, trees were planted in Urganda today by funds from the foundation in our "Greening Urganda with EverGreenCoin" initiative. Because the rain season is coming, we felt it was needed to advance a small portion of the funding so they could at least start. Leveraging our dynamic staking for charity has been pivotal in fund raising thus far. If it was not dynamic, this would not have been possible. As we further evolve to better suite the needs of organizations and green causes, that to will nourish the growth and, yes, demand.

To not make this response more drawn out: spring tree plant, IEO installs of stakers, refugee camp learning center and solar water well, web wallets, more exchanges, decentralized exchanges, Facebook 501c3 charity enlistment (which will allow us to advertise even though FB has banned 'coin' ads), google adwords promotions, Twitter. The entire list might escape me.

For all of these reasons, I think my 'bias' can be ignored and unequivocally answer, yes value will continue to increase and confidence of that should be high. Of course, cryptocurrency markets are volatile. However; largely because of our long-standing community members never-ending determination to hodl because of our values, our resilience does show and will continue to. I must say, EverGreenCoin has positioned itself in a nice position to thrive where others might not be able to given industry 'shake-downs' or 'recessions', should it have any.

I hope I have answered completely and removed my bias, Ajpa94. Again, welcome to EverGreenCoin and many thanks for your interest!

honghaisea

Activity: 952
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 02:26:44 PM

I'm looking for new coins that can really contribute to the development of cryptocurrencies and EGC might be one of those coins! Dev, in addition to this delivery you are seeking for the best to EGC, how much confidence do you have that EGC will get more value in future than it does today?

Hi Ajpa94, thank you for your interest. I am happy to learn we have caught your attention and pleased to be the first to welcome you. Welcome to EverGreenCon!

Of course my opinion might be bias to a degree, but I have much confidence. More than confidence honestly, it really is a certainty as it has been and will continue to be. Allow me explain why, so my bias can be removed.

The community is growing more and more everyday, as are the contributions of skills, hands, and minds. Do not misinterpret this relatively quite thread as it is not used for day-to-day communications. We have a support ticket system that allows people to get support without posting here, though they are welcome to. We have our own forums were we can better organize, present, and moderate information. We just recently added our own Wiki and several community members are contribution to that as I compose this. We have more interaction on social media like reddit, Facebook, and Twitter. Our telegram is steadily busy with community members of more of the investor 'flavor'. Please do not take any of this as ignoring the cryptocurrency community or bitcointalk, that will never be the case. But we feel our audience is of a much grander scope. Our Discord is busy every day with like-minded individuals contributing how they can and see fit as the best application of skills they posses. This has been an immense help to freeing time for 'core' issues, both development and business. Some of which only I can do as President of the incorporation and 501c3. For that I am very thankful and the affects to our rate of growth have been evident. As we fortify this structure, it only becomes more efficient at growth.

Without question the development of production solar stakers will have a enormous impact on our value, both in the crypto-space and out. Keeping the community informed to those developments, setbacks, and, yes ultimately, progress has minimized the 'complaints' and we all appreciative of that understanding. It is with merit. That said, we are perfectly on course for Q1 as currently road-mapped. Thanks in large part to the cooperation with pi-supply, more evidence of the growth.

On the environmental side of things our growth is accelerating also. More and more other environmental organizations are learning of EverGreenCoin and they like what they see and learn. They too wish to leverage EverGreenCoin for their organizations for fundraising and promotion. All of which adds value. On that note, not to diverge greatly, trees were planted in Urganda today by funds from the foundation in our "Greening Urganda with EverGreenCoin" initiative. Because the rain season is coming, we felt it was needed to advance a small portion of the funding so they could at least start. Leveraging our dynamic staking for charity has been pivotal in fund raising thus far. If it was not dynamic, this would not have been possible. As we further evolve to better suite the needs of organizations and green causes, that to will nourish the growth and, yes, demand.

To not make this response more drawn out: spring tree plant, IEO installs of stakers, refugee camp learning center and solar water well, web wallets, more exchanges, decentralized exchanges, Facebook 501c3 charity enlistment (which will allow us to advertise even though FB has banned 'coin' ads), google adwords promotions, Twitter. The entire list might escape me.

For all of these reasons, I think my 'bias' can be ignored and unequivocally answer, yes value will continue to increase and confidence of that should be high. Of course, cryptocurrency markets are volatile. However; largely because of our long-standing community members never-ending determination to hodl because of our values, our resilience does show and will continue to. I must say, EverGreenCoin has positioned itself in a nice position to thrive where others might not be able to given industry 'shake-downs' or 'recessions', should it have any.

I hope I have answered completely and removed my bias, Ajpa94. Again, welcome to EverGreenCoin and many thanks for your interest!
WOW, this is probably the most detailed answer I have ever encountered, 4561 character ,this answer a total of 4561 characters, I just statistics in Google, due to this i think i should buy a little more EGC now Grin
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 04:57:48 PM

WOW, this is probably the most detailed answer I have ever encountered, 4561 character ,this answer a total of 4561 characters, I just statistics in Google, due to this i think i should buy a little more EGC now Grin

Be sure to stake your essay-inspired EGC! Grin

In all seriousness, every effort is made to keep the community informed as possible. I am available to any community member at their convenience and via any medium they should prefer.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 04:58:27 PM

Here is a link to today's hangout: https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/denqmgs2ejgfnmlhmaapjkooyme

See you there!

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 04:26:30 AM

Hi EverGreenCoin community,

Because I have a funeral services to attend tomorrow, I must cancel tommorrow's hangout. I had hoped I would be able to be back just in time for it, but the deceased's family has requested my help with some personal matters after. I will get a summary of this past week's events posted ASAP.

Have a nice weekend.

romiferns

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:12:07 AM

I am glad I mined Evergreencoin when it was mineable.  I still hold a small amount of coins and they stake a good amount for any of the other coins I stake.

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
TheSignsGuy

Activity: 318
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:56:48 AM

I am glad I mined Evergreencoin when it was mineable.  I still hold a small amount of coins and they stake a good amount for any of the other coins I stake.

I missed the mining phase, but it is enjoyable watching them stake.
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:19:46 PM

Me to, but managed to accumulate enough during the times when the price was low to stake a few now =)
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 04:00:36 PM

Me to, but managed to accumulate enough during the times when the price was low to stake a few now =)

Thanks for staking, gents!

To update the community real quick on current events:

https://wiki.evergreencoin.org/  is beginning to take form. Please feel free to contribute to that and many thanks to those who already have and continue to.

A whitepaper is being drafted. We hope to release the final by month's end.

Components from PiSupply have finally shipped. Mike's might arrive as soon as today, but mine have a greater distance to travel. Do expect pictures and initial findings, using what will be, the production components this week.

Greening Uganda has started planting trees that we have funded. A portion was advanced about two weeks ago so they could start. This did turn out as a blessing as pictures were able to fend off attacks on Twitter. Many thanks to those who continue to stake for charity for this effort. Please consider contributing, https://evergreencoin.org/product/greening-uganda-with-egc/

On the crowdfund note, one has launched for a Plant Nursery, https://evergreencoin.org/product/plant-nursery/ This will be maintained by our good friend James. He is very skilled in this area. We will put the nursery to great use in the future. For example, growing our own saplings for tree plant events!

As you may know also, the desks were completed for Kakuma refugee camp. There are many videos on YouTube and another is uploading now as I compose this even.

Ok, that's all the hot topics I can think of off the top of my head. For the closest pulse on activity, please feel welcome to join our Discord, http://discord.me/EverGreenCoin

Have a great week and thanks for the continued support!

ZipoZap

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:55:22 PM

Thank you for the update Steven and I am happy to be a small part here. EGC to the Moon! Hope to see many people joining to contribute for a good cause! Have a nice week all.
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:28:28 PM

Great stuff once again - which project needs more support? refugee camp or greening uganda? I can't decide which one to stake for LOL
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 09:30:51 AM
Last edit: February 13, 2018, 09:45:19 AM by EverGreenCoin

Great stuff once again - which project needs more support? refugee camp or greening uganda? I can't decide which one to stake for LOL

We certainly have bigger ambitions for helping the refugee camp. Currently we are analyzing how we can help the learning-center-to-be get better Internet connectivity and we are reaching out to drilling companies to try and form a cooperation to build a solar powered water well.

The Internet connection will not only help the learning center and its students in obvious ways, but will also be fruitful for EverGreenCoin. As many of you may have noticed, Lyama is not camera shy at all. With better connectivity, not only will he and other refugees be able to run an EverGreenCoin wallet themselves, he is more than willing to record instructional videos and such. Also, giving a lot of the camp's occupants financial freedom to use EverGreenCoin opens a world of possibilities from a trade prospective. I currently am waiting for Lyama to report more information about the estimated costs back to us.

The solar water well, of course a much grander project, will take many more resources and time. As mentioned, we hope to find a drilling company to work with us, thus removing a lot of the orchestration and expertise responsibilities from us. My initial attempts at contacting drillingforlife.org have lead to a dead end unfortunately. I think they might be out of operation. But surly there must be a company that is there and with the equipment and knowledge that can work with EverGreenCoin to end the daunting task of lower buckets into a hole and then carrying those buckets long distances.  

Because the Internet connectivity project will be quicker to complete, is vastly less-complex, and will more directly impact the EverGreenCoin ecosystem, it makes more sense to do it first. Of course, if you look at the Internet connectivity from an infrastructure prospective, it may help the solar water well project down the road.

Thanks for Staking for Charity and your interest in doing so!

starmman
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 11:12:44 AM

We certainly have bigger ambitions for helping the refugee camp. Currently we are analyzing how we can help the learning-center-to-be get better Internet connectivity and we are reaching out to drilling companies to try and form a cooperation to build a solar powered water well.

The Internet connection will not only help the learning center and its students in obvious ways, but will also be fruitful for EverGreenCoin. As many of you may have noticed, Lyama is not camera shy at all. With better connectivity, not only will he and other refugees be able to run an EverGreenCoin wallet themselves, he is more than willing to record instructional videos and such. Also, giving a lot of the camp's occupants financial freedom to use EverGreenCoin opens a world of possibilities from a trade prospective. I currently am waiting for Lyama to report more information about the estimated costs back to us.

The solar water well, of course a much grander project, will take many more resources and time. As mentioned, we hope to find a drilling company to work with us, thus removing a lot of the orchestration and expertise responsibilities from us. My initial attempts at contacting drillingforlife.org have lead to a dead end unfortunately. I think they might be out of operation. But surly there must be a company that is there and with the equipment and knowledge that can work with EverGreenCoin to end the daunting task of lower buckets into a hole and then carrying those buckets long distances.  

Because the Internet connectivity project will be quicker to complete, is vastly less-complex, and will more directly impact the EverGreenCoin ecosystem, it makes more sense to do it first. Of course, if you look at the Internet connectivity from an infrastructure prospective, it may help the solar water well project down the road.

Thanks for Staking for Charity and your interest in doing so!

Thanks for the detailed information Steven,

I'll carry on supporting the Refugee Camp

I hoping when the solar staker is in operation - the additional publicity will increase the coin value - which will in turn increase the amount we are staking for charity (Fingers Crossed)
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 03:21:14 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 03:39:40 AM by EverGreenCoin
Merited by Gizfreak (50)

Hi EverGreenCoin community! I am pleased to announce the test of both Mike's and my own units are going very well. While 24 hours (mine) and 48 hours (Mike's) might be to quick to judge, everything is working very promisingly thus far. Mike reports syncing faster with the Pi Zero than his Pi 1. I also found the WiFi to work better (less seemingly 'dead' spots) outdoors than I found with CHIP.

Pi Zero W.

PiJuice HAT w/ Pi Zero W attached underneath.

40W Solar Panel and above components syncing the EverGreenCoin blockchain.
Unit less case and any support brackets.

I have a just under 12 hours of collective solar/battery operation with no issues and syncing at a good rate. Today's weather was very unfavorable for solar charging actually. Sorry the picture is slightly blurred, but it was hurried as it started drizzling while I had the circuitry exposed. Of course I did not want the moisture damaging anything. We are now hoping to have a water-resistant case and not just a case users might be expected to water-proof (silicon or tape even) if they plan to expose to weather. As previously mentioned, whatever the case, it will be branded with the EverGreenCoin logo. Future revisions may even have our logo on the PCB.

If it can make it to sunrise on battery during the more resource-consuming syncing, I will very confident about today's test being successful under today's unfavorable, but real-world, conditions. It started down-pouring shortly after the picture was taken and all day was heavy overcast consistently. I moved it indoors after sunset for closer observation and to not have it soaking in rain all night. The solar panels are not getting any indoor artificial light that might confuse the results. During the night I will work with the controllers battery level reporting, hoping to better gauge the drain. In about 8 - 10 hours I will report if it did make it through the night to be replenished by daylight. Hopefully less overcast daylight but, it is a real-world test so, what it gets will be what it gets.

We are well on course for producing and selling units during Q1. The price is going to fall closer to the $200 - $300 range, but the input costs will justify. Don't be alarmed, that will include a preloaded base amount funded by the foundation coins so that the price is attractive. For example, $100 worth base amount of EverGreenCoin preloaded and ready to stake. Minus a minimal network configuration, Just add sunshine! I hope to offer pre-network configuration, but one would need to provide WiFi credentials for that. Also, additional EverGreenCoin could be purchased and preloaded along with the base amount at a slight market-rate discount. My thought being 5% - 10% discount, but none of these numbers are certain yet. The final costs will be transparent as promised.

Thanks for the continued support and patience!

TheSignsGuy

Activity: 318
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:40:06 AM

Hi EverGreenCoin community! I am pleased to announce the test of both Mike's and my own units are going very well. While 24 hours (mine) and 48 hours (Mike's) might be to quick to judge, everything is working very promisingly thus far. Mike reports syncing faster with the Pi Zero than his Pi 1. I also found the WiFi to work better (less seemingly 'dead' spots) outdoors than I found with CHIP.

Pi Zero W.

PiJuice HAT w/ Pi Zero W attached underneath.

40W Solar Panel and above components syncing the EverGreenCoin blockchain.
Unit less case and any support brackets.

I have a just under 12 hours of collective solar/battery operation with no issues and syncing at a good rate. Today's weather was very unfavorable for solar charging actually. Sorry the picture is slightly blurred, but it was hurried as it started drizzling while I had the circuitry exposed. Of course I did not want the moisture damaging anything. We are now hoping to have a water-resistant case and not just a case users might be expected to water-proof (silicon or tape even) if they plan to expose to weather. As previously mentioned, whatever the case, it will be branded with the EverGreenCoin logo. Future revisions may even have our logo on the PCB.

If it can make it to sunrise on battery during the more resource-consuming syncing, I will very confident about today's test being successful under today's unfavorable, but real-world, conditions. It started down-pouring shortly after the picture was taken and all day was heavy overcast consistently. I moved it indoors after sunset for closer observation and to not have it soaking in rain all night. The solar panels are not getting any indoor artificial light that might confuse the results. During the night I will work with the controllers battery level reporting, hoping to better gauge the drain. In about 8 - 10 hours I will report if it did make it through the night to be replenished by daylight. Hopefully less overcast daylight but, it is a real-world test so, what it gets will be what it gets.

We are well on course for producing and selling units during Q1. The price is going to fall closer to the $200 - $300 range, but the input costs will justify. Don't be alarmed, that will include a preloaded base amount funded by the foundation coins so that the price is attractive. For example, $100 worth base amount of EverGreenCoin preloaded and ready to stake. Minus a minimal network configuration, Just add sunshine! I hope to offer pre-network configuration, but one would need to provide WiFi credentials for that. Also, additional EverGreenCoin could be purchased and preloaded along with the base amount at a slight market-rate discount. My thought being 5% - 10% discount, but none of these numbers are certain yet. The final costs will be transparent as promised.

Thanks for the continued support and patience!

This is awesome news.
Please put me one your list for acquiring one when they are ready Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: