Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:33:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EGC] EverGreenCoin® | 7% PoS | 501c3 Foundation | Android & Web | PoE  (Read 81758 times)
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:11:35 PM

EGC for going to the moon , a good day today  Cheesy
Interesting stuff - I'm away on business so didn't check out the exchanges for a couple of days - hope I dont need access to my wallet this week =)
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Supergain03

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:38:16 PM

Try restarting it a few times and give it a some time to self correct. Its very good at it Smiley
You are using latest version i assume.

Let us know if it doesnt synch up.
You can also get help in the slack.

Thank you for your reply. I have the latest version and I already restarted the wallet a few times, but still it doesn't sync. I'll give it some more time, just I'd like to keep staking asap!
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1192

EverGreenCoin® (EGC) EverGreenCoin.org

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 10:25:56 PM

Try restarting it a few times and give it a some time to self correct. Its very good at it Smiley

Thank you for your reply. I have the latest version and I already restarted the wallet a few times, but still it doesn't sync. I'll give it some more time, just I'd like to keep staking asap!

Sorry you are having difficulties, Supergain03.

Start the EverGreenCoin software and watch the 'Statistics' page/tab output. Take note of the 'Block Height' and 'Connections' fields specifically. If the 'Block Height' number is increasing, it is synchronizing with the network. It does need connections and time to do so. If connections drop dramatically, there is an underlining problem and may require resyncing. But let's cross that bridge when / if we get there. Just give it time and observe how it acts (block height and connections) and we will go from there.

For future reference, the fastest way to gain support is by making a support ticket.

Again, sorry it is giving you difficulties. I am sure we can get you sorted and staking. Do not be alarmed, your coins are safe.

ohlili

Activity: 39

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 01:59:37 AM

Start the EverGreenCoin software and watch the 'Statistics' page/tab output. Take note of the 'Block Height' and 'Connections' fields specifically. If the 'Block Height' number is increasing, it is synchronizing with the network. It does need connections and time to do so. If connections drop dramatically, there is an underlining problem and may require resyncing. But let's cross that bridge when / if we get there. Just give it time and observe how it acts (block height and connections) and we will go from there.

For future reference, the fastest way to gain support is by making a support ticket.

Again, sorry it is giving you difficulties. I am sure we can get you sorted and staking. Do not be alarmed, your coins are safe.

egc price go up.becauser of difficulites
Supergain03

Activity: 17

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 08:42:13 AM

Thank you very much for your support. Like frostminer predicted, luckily the wallet fixed itself so I can't say what happened but never mind, it's working now
drofxafm

Activity: 121
Merit: 20

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 11:44:28 AM

Hardware
Hardware wise we have been looking at the C.H.I.P. from Next Thing, the main reason we liked it is due to all the things it has on board (meaning less we potentially have to do). Whilst waiting to find out about the future of the C.H.I.P. I've also been looking at (and in some cases buying) other things that might be a suitable alternative. For the majority of well designed and supported single board computers (SBC) there should be little effort moving between them.

I'll try and address some of the other SBCs I've considered in a second post (this one is already quite long)!

Having said I'd try and address some of the Single Board Computer Options here's a list of a few I've looked at for this and other projects

In general for all the options listed you also need to add in storage (usually in the form of a microSD card) and some sort of power supply (mains or solar).

NTC C.H.I.P.
A $9 board that incorporates single core 1GHz CPU with 512MB ram, 4GB (8GB on some older models) NAND flash, Wireless, and Lipo Charging all on the small board. Steven and myself have both run wallets on this platform and for the most part it works well, the CPU and RAM can be a little limiting at times (particularly when downloading the blockchain for the first time).

Power draw tends to be in the 1-2W range.

This is the only option that doesn't currently require addition storage, although it's beneficial as onboard storage is limited.

Currently not in production but new versions are supposed to be in the pipeline.

Raspberry Pi Zero W (and non W)

A $10 board that incorporates single core 1GHz CPU and 512MB ram along with wireless (the non W version is cheaper but doesn't include wireless). Uses an ARMv6 CPU core which can make building software harder (all other options are ARMv7 or higher and compatible with standard debian).

Power draw not tested but expected to be similar to C.H.I.P.

Not available in bulk so difficult (and expensive) to purchase in quantity. The Pi1 B+ is similar in spec so could be an alternate option.

Raspberry Pi 3B (and 2B)
A $35 board that includes 4CPU cores and 1GB ram as well as ethernet and wirless connectivity (the 2B is slightly cheaper but doesn't include wifi).

Power draw is in the 5-10W range.

Orange Pi Zero
This board is small and has wireless and ethernet ports on board however there are issues with the drivers for both of these.

Like many of the similar boards from China the support from the manufacturer is minimal (or non existant) so any development on a working base operating system is dependant on community efforts.

There are suggestions that these boards are so cheap due to state dumping where the private company selling the product has most of it's expenses paid for by the government. The maker of Orange Pi has been quoted saying this

Banana Pi
One of the original "Raspberry Pi Killer" boards from China, It's a dual core board with 1GB ram, At least some variations of these have the same power controller as the CHIP meaning Lipo charging may be possible. Some boards also have an RTC (meaning they keep time when shutdown - as long as some power is available)

Others
There's quite a range of ARM boards mostly based around AllWinner SoC (System on CHIP). Of the above list the only option that doesn't use AllWinner is the Raspberry Pi series.

One commonly suggested talked about SBC the Pine64 (although I've not talked to any happy users of that yet). There are also a variety of other Chinese based makes including Nano Pi, LeMaker, SinoVoip.

Whilst I'd like to look at some of the others evaluating them is dependant on time and funds.

Conclusion

In terms of Cost, Features, and Support the CHIP really does seem like a good fit, and if a newer more powerful option comes out soon then it could be perfect. However supply issues are a cause for concern. Raspberry Pi might be the other decent option although whilst the Zero-W looks good initially the costs of actually using it might change that (needing adaptors, adding headers etc as well as limited purchasing)
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 08:35:53 AM

Friendly reminder,

The weekly EverGreenCoin Community Meeting and Hangout will be today, September 16th, at 17:00 GMT (1 PM EST). We do have some exciting news to discuss and look forward to a few new people joining to discuss that news with us. Of course, status updates on all topics of interest will be reported on for the EverGreenCoin community and recorded. Feel free to stop by and hangout with some like-minded friends. The hangout will be open for a few hours so, do not feel you must make the 17:00 GMT 'start' time. You are also welcome to join and just observe if you wish. A link to the Google Hangout will be posted prior to the start.

If I do not get to tell you in-person in the hangout, have a great weekend!

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 04:36:40 PM

Here is the link to today's Google Hangout: https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/mtmzbh5sizgonomecupptk5izue

See you there! Smiley

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2017, 01:26:11 AM

Here is the recording of today's hangout: https://youtu.be/thNbX7h_v1o

Many thanks to today's participants. I apologize the recording is a little long this weekend, about an hour. Time flies when your having fun!! Smiley

An especially warm welcome to James Magee of Increased Economic Opportunities, Inc. (I.E.O.) to the EverGreenCoin community. I am very excited to where this relationship between the two projects will lead. I.E.O. is an energy company up-start that aims to bring solar energy to low-income households and help alleviate the very large entry costs. James joined us during this meeting to provide more details as we open discussions of how both like-minded projects will be able to mutually benefit from a cooperation. Details forthcoming as this news is very new and still materializing. Details of I.E.O. have been added to the EverGreenCoin Directory here: https://evergreencoin.org/directory/increased-economic-opportunities-inc and links to their site can be found there. James has also become a 'seller' on the EverGreenCoin marketplace and is selling I.E.O. t-shirts there. Again, I look very much forward as EGC begins to join forces with this energy company up-start.

I took a few minutes of today's time to share a few pictures of the beta EverGreenCoin Solar Staker also. Please see the video for all of those and details as I demonstrate the enclosure, but here is just one I took this morning at sunrise:

Please see the video for more detailed discussion and inspection of the enclosure. This setup only consists of the enclosure, solar panel, and a plug-able cable between. I do address some of the concerns that have been brought forward and this modular design will provide much room for expansion while addressing some of those concerns. For example, an additional panel could easily be added, longer cable used, or even another battery added. I do think this does open possibilities moving forward. I am making the arrangements to buy more of these enclosures and panels at a discount. The enclosure will easily accommodate the physically larger Raspberry Pi devices or others if we do need to deviate from the CHIP SBC because of their lack of availability.

Many thanks to all today's participants and viewers. Please give the recording a thumbs-up if you find it deserving.

Have a great remainder of your weekend and thank you for the continued support!

kl0ndike

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 01:34:33 AM

Really love the green solar staker!  Happy to see this listed today on CoinExchange, and came here for info before investing.  Great group here.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2017, 04:58:22 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2017, 08:41:30 AM by EverGreenCoin

Really love the green solar staker!  Happy to see this listed today on CoinExchange, and came here for info before investing.  Great group here.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your enthusiasm, kl0ndike!

I am glad you did research before making your investment and you did find EverGreenCoin investment-worthy. Welcome to EverGreenCoin!

Exchange-wise, the vast majority of attention is given to Bittrex's EverGreenCoin market, though I have recently heard Cryptopia's in community discussion more often. Please be reminded that no exchange will stake your EverGreenCoin for you. You do need to withdrawal them into your own EverGreenCoin wallet to start collecting installments towards your 7% annual interest. That said, it is risky to leave any investment in someone else's hands, exchange's or otherwise. Please see our FAQ for more explanation and instructions.

You are absolutely correct about our group, an absolutely amazing collection of like-minded minds and hands. EverGreenCoin does have a bond that binds the community tightly. I like to think of that 'glue' as life itself. For without an environment on our planet conducive to life, we know its certain fate. That cohesion is great and is easily realized and shared across any border, cultural divide, profit, loss, pump, dump, or any other situations. This gives EverGreenCoin resilience I suggest might be unmatched.

Again, welcome to EverGreenCoin and the EverGreenCoin community. Please see https://evergreencoin.org/community/ for all the community wide resources and various links, if you would like to become more involved. We look forward to any contribution you may wish to share beyond your enthusiasm. But the enthusiasm is greatly appreciated, none the less!

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2017, 07:38:33 AM

Hi everyone,

I forgot to demonstrate the progress of EverGreenCoin v1.7 in yesterday's hangout. If you are curious to that update's progress, specifically the previously mentioned enhancement to staking for charity, please find that info here: https://evergreencoin.org/forums/topic/evergreencoin-v1-7-wip/

Thanks for understanding me not re-formatting and re-posting it here, and again, enjoy your weekend! I only aim to remove some repetition, so I can enjoy mine. Wink

EDIT: Not to imply keeping you updated is not enjoyable.  Cheesy

starmman
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 12:32:22 PM

Hi everyone,

I forgot to demonstrate the progress of EverGreenCoin v1.7 in yesterday's hangout. If you are curious to that update's progress, specifically the previously mentioned enhancement to staking for charity, please find that info here: https://evergreencoin.org/forums/topic/evergreencoin-v1-7-wip/

Thanks for understanding me not re-formatting and re-posting it here, and again, enjoy your weekend! I only aim to remove some repetition, so I can enjoy mine. Wink

Looks great - I like the idea of the dropdown charity feature

If its not too much trouble - it might be a good idea to have a 'list refresh' button too, since a lot of people don't like to restart their wallets (might also simplify the testing procedure)
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 01:47:04 PM

Hi everyone,

Looks great - I like the idea of the dropdown charity feature

If its not too much trouble - it might be a good idea to have a 'list refresh' button too, since a lot of people don't like to restart their wallets (might also simplify the testing procedure)

Great idea!

The list should not really change that frequently, but you're right. Community members running a wallet consistently should not have to restart their wallet to be sure the list is current.

A refresh button will be added. Thanks starmman!

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2017, 10:44:46 PM

I am pleased to announce, our full-functioned EverGreenCoin-Qt Android wallet is now in the Google Play Store!

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2017, 05:34:04 AM

Friendly reminder,

EverGreenCoin Community Meeting & Hangout in less than 12 hours! (Sept. 23 1 pm EST (17:00 GMT))

See you there!

p.s. Happy Autumn.

TheSignsGuy

Activity: 318
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 05:35:12 PM

Friendly reminder,

EverGreenCoin Community Meeting & Hangout in less than 12 hours! (Sept. 23 1 pm EST (17:00 GMT))

See you there!

p.s. Happy Autumn.

Any Links?
Not quite sure how to get there without one.
Probably simple, but it is eluding me at the moment, lol.
EGCCannabis

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 05:57:49 PM

Friendly reminder,

See you there!

p.s. Happy Autumn.

Any Links?

Nothing yet, MIA.  Long night I'm guessing.

EverGreenCoin®
Cryptocurrency meets environment
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2017, 06:04:01 PM

Friendly reminder,

See you there!

p.s. Happy Autumn.

Any Links?

https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/hfdmzttfjfe47cl3fkd2qa353me

Sorry for the late start!

starmman
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 08:42:18 PM

Friendly reminder,

See you there!

p.s. Happy Autumn.

Any Links?

https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/hfdmzttfjfe47cl3fkd2qa353me

Sorry for the late start!

Still not late enough for me LOL - hope you had a good session - i'll try and catch up soon
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: