Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:51:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EGC] EverGreenCoin® | 7% PoS | 501c3 Foundation | Android & Web | PoE  (Read 81758 times)
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1192

EverGreenCoin® (EGC) EverGreenCoin.org

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2018, 08:57:00 PM

I have some great news to share in regards to the EverGreenCoin Stake Box! (aka EGC Solar Staker DIY)

First, a small bit of bad, but not very bad, news. The first units will not be built with a waterproof case.

HOWEVER!!!! They will be built with the Raspberry Pi Zero W! Not with the more energy hungry Pi 3B as previously mentioned and as recently as the last video update. This is much better suited for a solar powered application. This is the direction we have been trying to get pi-supply to go in and, finally and to some surprise, they have agreed. Cases for the EverGreenCoin Stake Box that fit a Pi Zero W are now being made. Below is an actual picture of one, not an 'artist rendition' or only design.

I am very excited with this news and I hope the community is as well. I apologize for the, now incorrect, information provided stating our stake box was going to be built with the Pi 3B. I was under the impression the option had been removed for the first units, but to much delight, is now fact!

We all know the community has waited a long time and through many changes of the plans. I very greatly appreciate the patience, support, and understanding of the hurdles faced and help over coming them! The bits are finally falling into place to to bring the solar staker to fruition, if even in this 'DIY' form. We cannot give an firm ETA at this time, but it does look like we and pi-supply will be launching the EverGreenCoin Stake Box in the coming weeks. Of course, I will fill-in questions about the final price and amount of EGC that will be gifted after the purchase as soon as possible. In our most recent meeting discussions, we agreed 25% of the cost of the unit would be gifted from the foundation coins after purchase. Be reminded, because of legal constraints we cannot pre-load and must gift after purchase. The % may change after the final cost is known. We do aim to make the purchase reasonable obtainable for all of us.

Once again, thanks for the continued support that makes all this possible!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
drofxafm

Activity: 121
Merit: 20

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 09:39:46 PM

I believe that once a wallet is containerised it will run on any version of Linux that has docker installed - the complexity will be containerising, got to decorate/renovate 4 rooms in the house before I'll be allowed to complete an IT project, so I'll have plenty of time to think about it =)

The binaries inside the container are still architecture specific so would need rebuilding, however if you choose the right base it shouldn't be hard to rebuild for a new platform. I started doing some of this looking at how to distribute the solar staker web interface.
NinjaMan35

Activity: 134
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 10:48:47 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2018, 12:31:06 AM by NinjaMan35

To answer the current question. As of yesterday I'm on the latest version of Linux Mint which I've dabbled with before.

Right now I have BTC, DOGE & LTC running on it but the QT for EGC I went to hell and back from under the old Distro. Wont run, yes assumptions are like a**holes... everybody has one. I assume it's a library thing.

It's a clean install with nothing done to it but some port mapping and installing VNC.

Edit...
Working with this: https://github.com/EverGreenCoinDev/EverGreenCoin/blob/master/doc/readme-qt.rst

Seems to be trying to compile something right now... we'll see.
NinjaMan35

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 01:15:32 AM

Lotto will be back up as soon as the chain is done downloading and I run few tests.

Yes that means I have a running wallet. Sooo much easier to do on Mint which I know is one of many flavors that is NOT CentOS and gave me the headaches from before.

Either way, this is still a learning curve for me, but I am trying...
Andrey123

Activity: 1750
Merit: 305

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 04:04:10 AM

Hey.
And how long do coins ripen?
Yesterday I translated and so far silence.

http://prntscr.com/k1v2f0

Hello! Voluntary donations that will go towards the development of my coin.
34bwEhH3GMx6swYXt2NBfFbYGkdTcaWtXz....BTC

CryptoCanary
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1006

Canary in the crypto mine!

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 04:10:52 AM
Last edit: July 03, 2018, 07:35:36 AM by CryptoCanary

Hey.
And how long do coins ripen?
Yesterday I translated and so far silence.

http://prntscr.com/k1v2f0

24 hours after full network confirmation (7 blocks, about 21 minutes) or full maturity (60 blocks, about 3 hours). So, up to ~27 hours.

EDIT: Since PoW is over and it appears you have no other coins actively staking, the earlier of 24 hrs + 7 blocks is probably the applicable. If that timing does not seem perfectly precise, do not be alarmed. Slow blocks may skew it slightly, specifically the later part of the equation. Rest assured your coins will start staking and nothing is lost by any skew or slow start to stake.

starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 05:53:46 AM

I believe that once a wallet is containerised it will run on any version of Linux that has docker installed - the complexity will be containerising, got to decorate/renovate 4 rooms in the house before I'll be allowed to complete an IT project, so I'll have plenty of time to think about it =)

The binaries inside the container are still architecture specific so would need rebuilding, however if you choose the right base it shouldn't be hard to rebuild for a new platform. I started doing some of this looking at how to distribute the solar staker web interface.

Thanks for that - I hadn't got so far with my research =)
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 05:56:16 AM

I have some great news to share in regards to the EverGreenCoin Stake Box! (aka EGC Solar Staker DIY)

First, a small bit of bad, but not very bad, news. The first units will not be built with a waterproof case.

HOWEVER!!!! They will be built with the Raspberry Pi Zero W! Not with the more energy hungry Pi 3B as previously mentioned and as recently as the last video update. This is much better suited for a solar powered application. This is the direction we have been trying to get pi-supply to go in and, finally and to some surprise, they have agreed. Cases for the EverGreenCoin Stake Box that fit a Pi Zero W are now being made. Below is an actual picture of one, not an 'artist rendition' or only design.

I am very excited with this news and I hope the community is as well. I apologize for the, now incorrect, information provided stating our stake box was going to be built with the Pi 3B. I was under the impression the option had been removed for the first units, but to much delight, is now fact!

We all know the community has waited a long time and through many changes of the plans. I very greatly appreciate the patience, support, and understanding of the hurdles faced and help over coming them! The bits are finally falling into place to to bring the solar staker to fruition, if even in this 'DIY' form. We cannot give an firm ETA at this time, but it does look like we and pi-supply will be launching the EverGreenCoin Stake Box in the coming weeks. Of course, I will fill-in questions about the final price and amount of EGC that will be gifted after the purchase as soon as possible. In our most recent meeting discussions, we agreed 25% of the cost of the unit would be gifted from the foundation coins after purchase. Be reminded, because of legal constraints we cannot pre-load and must gift after purchase. The % may change after the final cost is known. We do aim to make the purchase reasonable obtainable for all of us.

Once again, thanks for the continued support that makes all this possible!

Great news on some solar staker progress, I'll look forward to placing an order in a few months =)
drofxafm

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 08:22:56 AM

Right now I have BTC, DOGE & LTC running on it but the QT for EGC I went to hell and back from under the old Distro. Wont run, yes assumptions are like a**holes... everybody has one. I assume it's a library thing.

If you were coping the old binaries over then that's liable to fail as you're unlikely to find the right compatible libraries (windows tends to keep every possible library version around now which is partly why it grows so huge).

Yes that means I have a running wallet. Sooo much easier to do on Mint which I know is one of many flavors that is NOT CentOS and gave me the headaches from before.

If it worked on mint, then it should have worked as easily on Ubuntu or Debian. Without knowing what errors you had on CentOS/Fedora it's hard to suggest what the issue might have been, this also means if there's an issue in the code or instructions then it's not going to get fixed.

Providing some useful error messages etc could have meant you could have got help and you would have helped the community with potential fixes. From me building the daemon on fedora (which tends to be ahead on package versions than debian and its derivatives) we've already found one patch for the code which will benefit debian/ubuntu/mint at some point in the future when they update their package versions.
jianxinss

Activity: 304
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 08:33:52 AM

I have been paying attention to environmental protection projects. I am curious about what the EverGreenCoin team has done in real life about environmental protection, not just throwing a concept.
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 09:49:54 AM

I have been paying attention to environmental protection projects. I am curious about what the EverGreenCoin team has done in real life about environmental protection, not just throwing a concept.

There is a great amount of effort towards environmental protection (and humanity) with the EGC community from building wells, to planting trees, helping refugees, to staking for charity. I didn't see other coins making such a (direct) difference until now

The following links are pretty helpful to see some of the goals which have been achieved and others ongoing, and I'm sure some of the other guys will post later with more info =)

https://evergreencoin.org/evergreencoin-relief-efforts/

https://evergreencoin.org/current-authorized-efforts/

https://evergreencoin.org/staking-for-charity/

Thanks for posting, its always great to have more people involved =)
secdark

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 10:59:37 AM

There is a great amount of effort towards environmental protection (and humanity) with the EGC community from building wells, to planting trees, helping refugees, to staking for charity. I didn't see other coins making such a (direct) difference until now

The following links are pretty helpful to see some of the goals which have been achieved and others ongoing, and I'm sure some of the other guys will post later with more info =)

https://evergreencoin.org/evergreencoin-relief-efforts/

https://evergreencoin.org/current-authorized-efforts/

https://evergreencoin.org/staking-for-charity/

Thanks for posting, its always great to have more people involved =)

Great project, very informative and interesting,  making both planet environment and economy better than it was found is very promising and very realistic.  Due to its existing achievable product and services no wonder many are keeping an eye and always waiting for an updates. 

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|    The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency   
  WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄████▄▄   
█▄          ██████████▀
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1192

EverGreenCoin® (EGC) EverGreenCoin.org

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 03:52:28 PM

I have sent a message in telegram, waiting for your answer. Informed results, spotless activity, absorbing website!

There are no new messages awaiting in our Telegram. Please verify you are in the correct Telegram group: https://t.me/EverGreenCoin

Welcome to EverGreenCoin!

NinjaMan35

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:58:53 PM

If you were coping the old binaries over then that's liable to fail as you're unlikely to find the right compatible libraries (windows tends to keep every possible library version around now which is partly why it grows so huge).

If it worked on mint, then it should have worked as easily on Ubuntu or Debian. Without knowing what errors you had on CentOS/Fedora it's hard to suggest what the issue might have been, this also means if there's an issue in the code or instructions then it's not going to get fixed.

Providing some useful error messages etc could have meant you could have got help and you would have helped the community with potential fixes. From me building the daemon on fedora (which tends to be ahead on package versions than debian and its derivatives) we've already found one patch for the code which will benefit debian/ubuntu/mint at some point in the future when they update their package versions.
I didn't transfer anything. I mean I tried but it didn't work. So I successfully built from source and am hoping to be down downloading the chain by days end. What broke it before on Cent was me doing an upgrade or something since it was one of my last deeds before the system went to shit and building on Cent was a nightmare just to get libraries installed.
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 06:46:58 AM

I didn't transfer anything. I mean I tried but it didn't work. So I successfully built from source and am hoping to be down downloading the chain by days end. What broke it before on Cent was me doing an upgrade or something since it was one of my last deeds before the system went to shit and building on Cent was a nightmare just to get libraries installed.

CentOS 7 x64 IS a nightmare to install and compile ...

This is mainly due to the libraries for OpenSSL, which is due to the crippling of the ECC (secp256k1) that is required for the compile. The other factors are also that the updates to gcc itself, are being followed through with a LOT of the code, so even when trying to compile in other OS (like Debian or Ubuntu) who have the updated gcc libraries and versions, a lot will break in a compile. Some will work though.

This is NOT the fault of the code per se, but more the the creators of the libraries themselves that break the backward compatibility cycle. Admittedly, they usually win in the end, as their gcc code is always moving forward, so the core code of the coin will always need updating, but that usually is only minor adjustments in the grand scheme of things.

CentOS 7 x64 itself is starting to come around, because RedHat are coming around - FINALLY! Damn bureaucratic crap and redtape. If they left OpenSSL ALONE, there would be no major issue with compilations. As it stands, we STILL have to compile in a sandboxed, static environment (made easier by a fully internal rewritten script and VERY powerful servers), where all the components are compiled in a static manner and so the daemon is also. The advantages are great and disadvantages of this method small, but we would SO much like to be able to a full daemon compile in a native dynamic fashion under CentOS 7 x64 and Fedora 27/28 x64 (especially QT versions), both of which are currently almost impossible at the moment.

We will NOT convert our environment from what it is not BTW - just in case that thought crossed your mind Wink ... it stays RHEL based, but we are implementing Debian based systems currently on our new Pyroxene (theMINE) platform, for functionality and availability purposes.

Luckily for us under the script - EGC compiles reasonably well - pity it isn't PoW Wink

#crysx

Tech Finder

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:53:21 AM

Hello, an interesting project. I have many expectations and soon I hope to see it in the most important exchange like binance, poloniex.
drofxafm

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:57:23 AM

The advantages are great and disadvantages of this method small, but we would SO much like to be able to a full daemon compile in a native dynamic fashion under CentOS 7 x64 and Fedora 27/28 x64 (especially QT versions), both of which are currently almost impossible at the moment.

I've not tried the QT wallet on Fedora 27 x64, but didn't have many problems with the daemon. There was one thing the broke the build where Fedora was on a newer library than Ubuntu/Debian but that only needed a simple fix we've now added to the code base.

I'm planning to have a go on CentOS and also building the QT wallet on both CentOS and Fedora over the next few days. I also want to look at sorting out some of the wiki pages about building the different variations.
Vishy James

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 07:10:06 AM

great project!!!
i hope this project will be big.
good luck.
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 07:14:27 AM

The advantages are great and disadvantages of this method small, but we would SO much like to be able to a full daemon compile in a native dynamic fashion under CentOS 7 x64 and Fedora 27/28 x64 (especially QT versions), both of which are currently almost impossible at the moment.

I've not tried the QT wallet on Fedora 27 x64, but didn't have many problems with the daemon. There was one thing the broke the build where Fedora was on a newer library than Ubuntu/Debian but that only needed a simple fix we've now added to the code base.

I'm planning to have a go on CentOS and also building the QT wallet on both CentOS and Fedora over the next few days. I also want to look at sorting out some of the wiki pages about building the different variations.

Awesome ...

Let us know where we can help.

#crysx

visionary

Activity: 966
Merit: 587

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 08:26:50 AM

I've sent a request in telegram, waiting for your return!
Percipient business, irreproachable website, pretty good activity!
Enviromental friendly projects always can give us a lot of benefits, because we are living on the planet earth.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: