Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:59:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EGC] EverGreenCoin® | 7% PoS | 501c3 Foundation | Android & Web | PoE  (Read 81758 times)
Cyan_Antares

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:04:00 AM

very much like the idea behind this project. I tried but I didnt find information on that. Is there a way to mine this coin? Happy New Year everyone.
Hi Cyan Antares

The coin is an eco coin (low power) new blocks can be minted by using PoS at 7% ROI - to do this you need to buy some coins on an exchange and transfer to and run a EGC wallet locally then run enable staking. Best to start with at least 100 coins to get some rewards in a reasonable timeframe.

Good luck, and happy staking.
ok, many thanks for the reply. Never tried a PoS currency, that might be the first time. Gotta check if I am registered in a trade house that has them. Best regards.

very much like the idea behind this project. I tried but I didnt find information on that. Is there a way to mine this coin? Happy New Year everyone.
Hi Cyan Antares

The coin is an eco coin (low power) new blocks can be minted by using PoS at 7% ROI - to do this you need to buy some coins on an exchange and transfer to and run a EGC wallet locally then run enable staking. Best to start with at least 100 coins to get some rewards in a reasonable timeframe.

Good luck, and happy staking.

Hi Cyan,

Give the website, specifically https://evergreencoin.org/faq/, a read. I think you will find it informative.

Also, you can visit the faucet to gain familiarity. https://evergreencoin.org/verify/

Happy New Year and welcome to EverGreenCoin!

same for you, thanks for the links.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoCanary
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1006

Canary in the crypto mine!

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 03:40:32 PM

... Gotta check if I am registered in a trade house that has them ...

Be warned,

Do not use YoBit!

They refused to upgrade long ago. They were contacted well in advance of a mandatory upgrade and still have never upgraded. They are knowingly selling fake EGC on an unsupported blockchain and collecting fees from unsuspecting users that will, apparently never, be able to remove them from their scammy exchange.

They have done this same scam on many communities and continue to. YoBit should be boycotted by the crypto community as a whole. Please do not use them for anything. But you will not be able to buy EGC there. Even though they advertise it.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1192

EverGreenCoin® (EGC) EverGreenCoin.org

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 05:06:59 PM

Here is the link to today's hangout: https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/mmfco6fitngutabisf7uby27wee

See you there!

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 04:30:12 AM

Here is the link to today's hangout: https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/mmfco6fitngutabisf7uby27wee

See you there!

Many thanks to today's participants. We will get a summary posted or recorded for those that could not attend in the near future.

Have a safe and happy New Year's, everyone!

AdamW_^_^

Activity: 244
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:23:55 AM

Be warned,

Do not use YoBit!

They refused to upgrade long ago. They were contacted well in advance of a mandatory upgrade and still have never upgraded. They are knowingly selling fake EGC on an unsupported blockchain and collecting fees from unsuspecting users that will, apparently never, be able to remove them from their scammy exchange.

They have done this same scam on many communities and continue to. YoBit should be boycotted by the crypto community as a whole. Please do not use them for anything. But you will not be able to buy EGC there. Even though they advertise it.

Never use yobit! Same problems with sexcoin... I used years ago and never again... 😉
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 12:21:29 PM

A BIG thanks to all you charity stakers out there on behalf of the Scheggelder Gaard Wink

starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 05:42:26 PM

A BIG thanks to all you charity stakers out there on behalf of the Scheggelder Gaard Wink

How far from Maastricht will you be? I'm usually not too far from there about once per month. Could be able to help if I'm around.
Gizfreak
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:48:49 PM

Quote from: starmman
How far from Maastricht will you be? I'm usually not too far from there about once per month. Could be able to help if I'm around.
about 2km, Gronsveld.
alex_vigorskiy

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 09:21:28 AM

Be warned,

Do not use YoBit!

tell me if the coins on YoBit are hopeless? I bought there EGC, how can I get them off the exchange? Or is it impossible?
ZipoZap

Activity: 79

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:31:19 PM

Be warned,

Do not use YoBit!

tell me if the coins on YoBit are hopeless? I bought there EGC, how can I get them off the exchange? Or is it impossible?
The question already got answered yeah you can't withdraw anymore because yobit is on the wrong Chain for month and will not Upgrade. You can send a Ticket to yobit but that will not help as they are a scam exchange.

Happy new year all !
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 05:15:18 PM

Be warned,

Do not use YoBit!

Sorry to say Alex, we are completely at their mercy to address their software.

You will not be able to get them off YoBit unless they upgrade. It is impossible until then.

Because they have had a ridiculously long time to upgrade, it is safe to assume and expect they never will. They have been contacted countless times, even offering to reconcile any discrepancy they may find after performing an audit. One can only deduce their motive for refusing for so long and not being communicative in any fashion.

Even though it may seem futile at this point, please make a support ticket at YoBit. Thank you in advance for doing so.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 05:31:57 PM

Happy new year all !

Happy New Year!!! Smiley

Gizfreak
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 07:05:38 PM

Happy New Year!!! Smiley

You too, have a prosperous one Smiley
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 09:50:41 AM

Hi EverGreenCoin community,

A quick update, recapping events discussed at our previous meeting on the 30th and some that have unfolded since then. I was surprised 5 or 6 community members were able to hangout during the hustle and bustle of the holidays and thank those that did attend.

• Kakuma Refugee Camp Relief - A community member did mention the lack of direct-connection with this effort and the environment. It is true this is more of a humanitarian effort that may pay in fold with some very good PR resulting, not a direct effort to the 'environment' specifically or directly. Though, 60k refugee camp occupants might disagree. We may have a chance to help some people in a very big way. That is not to say there is not skepticism, there is and I think we all feel it to a varying degree. Bow and I have been in fairly consistent communication with Lyama Amadi, the head of 'Faulu Productions' who is building this learning center. The refugee camp does have Catholic learning center already. Lyama feels they do not meet the needs of the camp's youth and wishes to build this one. A dozen (12) Tshirts were mailed to the camp, addressed to Lyama. We all will feel a little more at ease when we see the shirts in pictures. After that, we hope to launch a campaign to raise money to buy school desks. The desks will be made by other camp occupants, so if all goes as we hope it does, we will be helping refugees twice over.
  • Raffles - The winners of the Tshirt and sticker were drawn. They will be mailed their prizes this week. Many thanks to all who purchased tickets.
  • Google Adwords Ads - Just over 1 million impressions. 1,367 clicks. Interaction rate of 0.13%. Avg. 0.63$ / click. $861 invested thus far. Many, many thanks to the contributions that are making this possible. Please consider pitching in if you are in the position to do so and you agree it is money well invested.
  • Spring tree plant / earth day celebrations - James (IEO) is being a tremendous help in planning, what we hope to be, a coordinated effort to plant 1000s of trees in 2018. GizFreak has agreed to make us a collage from 2017 pictures community members submitted. Of course we hope to use this for promotion to motivate an even bigger effort in 2018. Please keep us in mind for your spring planting! Bounties will be paid again this year. Many interesting ideas were brought up. One was selling saplings via the marketplace and 'rebating', if you will, a portion (50% maybe?) of the purchase price after planting event pictures were submitted. Taking it even a step further, another portion (25% maybe?) if 'proof of life' is submitted in 2019.
  • Scheggelder Gaard Crowdfund - Gizzy Garden has been funded!!! Any community member that would like to do similar, please, do tell!
  • EnergyBin.com - Did not happen. The refusal of the advertising did break the deal. Also, community members expressed they would rather see money applied towards the google advertising.
  • IEO Solar Staker Installs - IEO aims to have the install completed before January 15th. An EGC Solar Staker will be installed. The install will have the advantage of being ran in a controlled environment of sorts and with a more robust energy supply. This install will actually be powered by wind turbine. The second install, shortly thereafter, will be a solar application. James is very active in the Discord. Please join us there for a closer pulse on these developments.
  • Solar Staker Production - Saving the best for last and I am very excited to announce, communication has been opened with pi-supply.com, a Raspberry Pi distributor. They are very interested in our project and have been following us for some time. A bigger and better suited company, realizing the potential, would be a God-send to bringing the EGC Solar Staker to production level faster. I eagerly await the pass of the holiday for communications to continue, having stopped for the new year.

Ok, a very busy week ahead! I hope you all have a great one and a great start to 2018!

Gizfreak
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:07:09 PM

The goal of €300 of the EverGreenCoin crowdfunding campaign for the edible hedge has now been more than achieved.
What remains will be used for the further development of this unique piece of Limburg into a public fruit whey.
Thank you all you charity stakers out there.
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:15:28 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2018, 09:52:26 AM by starmman

The goal of €300 of the EverGreenCoin crowdfunding campaign for the edible hedge has now been more than achieved.
What remains will be used for the further development of this unique piece of Limburg into a public fruit whey.
Thank you all you charity stakers out there.
I only just started staking as well, I'll have to find a new campaign - I'm about an hour away from where you mentioned - but only there a couple of days per month - and only in the evening and only on weekdays so might struggle to help.

EDIT: But if I can help, I will =)
smokim87

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 08:30:55 PM

Changed to EGC solar staking to help out from the advertising crowdfund until solar staker fund reaches it's target.
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 10:49:36 PM

Changed to EGC solar staking to help out from the advertising crowdfund until solar staker fund reaches it's target.

Thanks for contributions to both! I am pleased and proud to see dynamic staking for charity being utilized more and more.

Both funding targets are a bit 'on-going'. Community members are expressing interest in Twitter advertising, but that target has not been set as of yet. I honestly would want to at least stagger this with the Google Advertising. Both from administrative and budgeting perspective it will help.

For the Solar Staker funding the target is ever-changing also. Reason being, we do not know the final costs it will take to bring plans to fruition and at many levels. For example, making custom cases for the Solar Staker's with the EGC logo. I mention that having touched on that subject today with the Raspberry Pi distributor we are in communication with. I am pleased to announce to the community, those communications are fluid and Pi-Supply.com is eager to cooperate, as are we! Details will of course be released as they unfold. I can tell you at this point we look to re-brand a Pi-Juice-style device, but no specs beyond that have been established as of this time. The re-branding with our logo will be costly, but many details need worked out before that cost can be established.

Be it skill-sets, financial, or however, many thanks for all the many contributions and support! 2018 is looking better-and-better, day-by-day! Already!

n1que

Activity: 197
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:29:23 AM

how much is the maximum total supply of this coin?
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 06:01:14 AM

how much is the maximum total supply of this coin?

There technically is no maximum. Current supply is 13,484,343 which will never increase at a rate of 7% or more annually. Have a look: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/egc/#@inflation

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: