Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:28:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 ... 616 »
  Print  
Author Topic: UTRUST  (Read 313895 times)
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 08:46:27 PM

Yes and even if they start with the top 5 coin, they can add another crypto currencies in the future, UTRUST has so much potential. I will not be surprised to see a lot of currencies usable on the Utrust platform in the future.

Five should be enough for now for them to focus on. Better to make a polished platform then half done, there will be time to experiment and add other tokens later.
I just hope they will stick with their fee even after they become more popular.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
batako

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 08:56:11 PM

Yes and even if they start with the top 5 coin, they can add another crypto currencies in the future, UTRUST has so much potential. I will not be surprised to see a lot of currencies usable on the Utrust platform in the future.

Five should be enough for now for them to focus on. Better to make a polished platform then half done, there will be time to experiment and add other tokens later.

Yes, at first five will be more than enough and it will be easier to manage. If in the future the demand to add more coins becomes higher, then they can consider to add the other coins.
greatteager

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:03:04 PM

Hey, I might have found a very common situation that is not covered by the whitepaper. Or maybe I overlooked it.

Alice orders a physical book about cryptography. She uses UTRUST to pay Bob. Bob is a trusted merchant with a high-performance rating. The funds are released the next day.

2 Weeks later Alice has still not received the book. UTRUST cannot help her, because the transaction already went through. Now she has to go through the usual way of asking support with the merchant.

As sellers get higher ratings and the holding time goes down from 21 days to 0, the level of buyer protection by UTRUST goes down to 0 too.

It is not necessarily a bad thing though. Things like the example above happen also with Amazon, and they handle buyer complaints pretty well. Usually they will just resend the book or refund the payment.
Undoubtedly this moment to be solved correctly for buyers and sellers.
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:34:34 PM

We are looking forward to a great breakthrough from the project. I think that they will collect a hard cap during the first days after the start of ICO! We are waiting for November 2.

This would be great but I think it will take a little longer.
We just have to wait until all the fud about the forks is over but I'm also sure great investors will have some funds ready for this ICO Smiley

Great work guys!
Cant wait to participate
cmg12

Activity: 280
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:40:27 PM

Yes, at first five will be more than enough and it will be easier to manage. If in the future the demand to add more coins becomes higher, then they can consider to add the other coins.
I still think that only five cryptocurrencies supported at beginning is not enough. We need more to convince shops and users Wink
niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:55:07 PM

10 more days to go for the UTRUST crowdsale , hope we can finish the ico early so UTRUST can proceed with the next developments for UTRUST.

This is good news I searched their website and it says there that UTRUST ICO starts on November 2, 2017, 2pm UTC. Can't wait to participate at Utrust ICO crowedsale. As of now they will only accept ETH/BTC wallet. Smiley Smiley Smiley (reference from their website)

As far as the tech goes Utrust have all the chances of selling out before the ICO ends.

Maximum Crowdsale Cap 49M USD, even though this is a top notch product, i am skeptic about hitting the hard cap. While ago it would been a no brainer, but people seem to be investing less and less on icos, and more to pre icos.

I am still confident that UTrust will be sold out during the 7 days of the ICO but you are right. People seem to only invest hesitantly in the last time. And that a lot of tokens are below their ICO price atm doesn't help at all.

I agree, although it's all a bit weird lately with all the alt coins going down due to these BTC forks.
The trend that great ICO's sell out in minutes is in my opinion a bit going down.
cmg12

Activity: 280
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:55:52 PM

10 more days to go for the UTRUST crowdsale , hope we can finish the ico early so UTRUST can proceed with the next developments for UTRUST.

This is good news I searched their website and it says there that UTRUST ICO starts on November 2, 2017, 2pm UTC. Can't wait to participate at Utrust ICO crowedsale. As of now they will only accept ETH/BTC wallet. Smiley Smiley Smiley (reference from their website)

As far as the tech goes Utrust have all the chances of selling out before the ICO ends.

Maximum Crowdsale Cap 49M USD, even though this is a top notch product, i am skeptic about hitting the hard cap. While ago it would been a no brainer, but people seem to be investing less and less on icos, and more to pre icos.

I am still confident that UTrust will be sold out during the 7 days of the ICO but you are right. People seem to only invest hesitantly in the last time. And that a lot of tokens are below their ICO price atm doesn't help at all.

I agree, although it's all a bit weird lately with all the alt coins going down due to these BTC forks.
The trend that great ICO's sell out in minutes is in my opinion a bit going down.
This whole bitcoin drama will be over soon and ICOS will start to rise again
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:44:05 PM

Alice sells the private key of her Ethereum wallet to Bob. Bob pays through UTRUST. Alice is notified that the money is in escrow and sends the private key to Bob. Bob claims the key does not work. Alice opens a dispute.

Tell me how the UTRUST Mediator resolves this transaction.

Good question I haven't thought so much about. But you are right, a situation like this can hardly be solved probably. But maybe if Alice gives the private key to the mediator? Something someone would probably never would like to do...

You already figured out giving your private key to the mediator has a risk. The mediator may take the funds in the address, then refund Bob. Alice will say the mediator stole the money, but it is her word against both Bob's and the mediator's.

There is a sort of a built-in solution for these kind of transactions in the form of signatures and multi-signature wallets. Several escrow protocols based on signatures have been developed, for example the 2-of-3 multisignature. Some of those are still vulnerable to other kinds of attacks, such as extortion.

But there is not a word about escrow protocols, flaws and vulnerabilities in the UTRUST whitepaper.

Well maybe they haven't thought about this kind of problem and thought a mediator would be able to handle all problems which could occur. Hopefully they will think about it again and try to get a good solution for this or maybe they just forgot to write about it.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
imtiazmahmood

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:08:39 AM

in my point of views. Utrust interest of community growing is amazing and i hope this ICO will be cover hardcap very fast. what is your opinion about this guys?
toolucky98

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:30:31 AM

Alice sells the private key of her Ethereum wallet to Bob. Bob pays through UTRUST. Alice is notified that the money is in escrow and sends the private key to Bob. Bob claims the key does not work. Alice opens a dispute.

Good question I haven't thought so much about. But you are right, a situation like this can hardly be solved probably. But maybe if Alice gives the private key to the mediator? Something someone would probably never would like to do...

You already figured out giving your private key to the mediator has a risk. The mediator may take the funds in the address, then refund Bob. Alice will say the mediator stole the money, but it is her word against both Bob's and the mediator's.

There is a sort of a built-in solution for these kind of transactions in the form of signatures and multi-signature wallets. Several escrow protocols based on signatures have been developed, for example the 2-of-3 multisignature. Some of those are still vulnerable to other kinds of attacks, such as extortion.

But there is not a word about escrow protocols, flaws and vulnerabilities in the UTRUST whitepaper.

Well maybe they haven't thought about this kind of problem and thought a mediator would be able to handle all problems which could occur. Hopefully they will think about it again and try to get a good solution for this or maybe they just forgot to write about it.
As far as i know , utrust will handle buyer protection manually, maybe they will think about his.
Pajulapoiss

Activity: 554
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:15:19 AM

As far as i know , utrust will handle buyer protection manually, maybe they will think about his.

Have you guys heard the expression : "Cross the brigde when you get to the bridge." I think it suits here pretty well.

You cant really have solutions for all possible scenarios, and it's too time consuming to try and do so. Specially when each case can be different, they will require an individual approach.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
DeepVault
Blockchain File Signatures
deeponion.org
Yasemin

Activity: 224

Become Part of the Mining Family

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:39:51 AM

I believe they will sell out in a few days, the ICO should be a success. Their marketing job is done very well. The product seems good. The team looks very committed and they are all over the Internet.

alphashotgun

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:21:03 AM

Yes l also think that have the possibility tu use a lot of different coin and token is great for Utrust. You will be able to reach more people if you allow a lot of coin, and Utrust will do it. UTRUST can really become a big platform for online payment, even the biggest in crypto world.

Yes. You are right. Because not all of us like and use the same coins, and not all of us have the privilege to buy coins that utrust may require. So i think having a wider variety of coins useable would be a great feature for utrust if it so gaooened that they implement this idea in their project. That will really be a great way to pull in a lot of people to use their services.
The problem is if they add too many currencies it will be complicated. I think top ten should be enough.

Which problems? I think more currensies will be better. Top 50 for example

i think the top ten cover a big part of the market...
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:25:24 AM

Hey, I might have found a very common situation that is not covered by the whitepaper. Or maybe I overlooked it.

Alice orders a physical book about cryptography. She uses UTRUST to pay Bob. Bob is a trusted merchant with a high-performance rating. The funds are released the next day.

2 Weeks later Alice has still not received the book. UTRUST cannot help her, because the transaction already went through. Now she has to go through the usual way of asking support with the merchant.

As sellers get higher ratings and the holding time goes down from 21 days to 0, the level of buyer protection by UTRUST goes down to 0 too.

It is not necessarily a bad thing though. Things like the example above happen also with Amazon, and they handle buyer complaints pretty well. Usually they will just resend the book or refund the payment.

So there is a hole for, long scams. He starts a business, in some time he made his holding time 21 days to 0 and after that, he made a huge discount and disappeared from not sending it. You can't say it is impossible but not a very common thing.

Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 05:42:03 AM

I don't think this problem will stop UTRUST from releasing their payments platform. People working in the payment business need to know and be ahead of possible frauds like this. I'm sure will be dealt with if it's proven to be a problem.
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:46:52 AM

We are looking forward to a great breakthrough from the project. I think that they will collect a hard cap during the first days after the start of ICO! We are waiting for November 2.

We just have to wait until all the fud about the forks is over but I'm also sure great investors will have some funds ready for this ICO Smiley

Great work guys!
Cant wait to participate

I hate hard forks, they make the market go crazy and every alt goes down the drain.

Affchain

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:53:53 AM

Great work guys!
Cant wait to participate

I hate hard forks, they make the market go crazy and every alt goes down the drain.

Saying I hate Harforks is the same  as saying I hate free money. I take it you didn't have any btc to cash in on the opportunity
kapec22

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:09:08 AM

In my opinion it will be very nice payment system if indeed the utrust know what they are doing, I hope they will not be unfulfilled promises and I really keep my fingers crossed for this project, I keep my fingers crossed for this project and wish you good luck. I will invest for sure some eth in this token.
Sellers will be protected from rampant credit card fraud and nasty chargebacks, a common occurrence in traditional payment services still reliant on credit cards.

^that idea of this project sounds good
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:12:47 AM

News about Utrust on cointelegraph. They have a good adversiting  Roll Eyes

https://cointelegraph.com/news/imagine-paypal-juiced-by-blockchain-steroids
twicezeroiszero

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:32:41 AM

I believe they will sell out in a few days, the ICO should be a success. Their marketing job is done very well. The product seems good. The team looks very committed and they are all over the Internet.
In my opinion, after the hard fork completed on October 25th, the market will comeback to normal.
Therefore, with the potential of Utrust token, I think it will reach hard cap within few hours.
Unless the cryptocurrency market still panic in that time Tongue

Tra

╓███▄
                            ]████▌
                            ]███▀
         ╓▄▄█████████▄▄    ,▄█▀  
      ▄████▀▀█████µ   `▀▓██▀`    

╓████╜   ╙███████▄▄█▀▀`▀▄    
   ]███▌        "▀██████▌    ▓Ç  
   ]███        ,▄█▀" ▀████   ]█  

▓██      ▄█▀▀     ▓███▌  á█  
     ▀██╖ ╓▄█▀        ▓███▌ ▄█▌  
       ▀███▒         ╓███████`   

,▄██╜"▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀      
   ,▄██▀                         
  ▄██▌                           

╓████▌                           
█████┘                           
 ▀▀▀                             
ion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
 Transitions You to A Crypto-ready Society 

Github   Telegram   Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Reddit   Youtube
 TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO 
u
\ \ \ \
/ / / /
PRE-SALE STARTS APRIL 15, 2018
/ / / /
\ \ \ \
u
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Pages: « 1 ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 ... 616 »
  Print  

Jump to: