Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:27:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 [193] 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 ... 293 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DGC] Digitalcoin | Multi-algo & Masternodes | Established 2013  (Read 523356 times)
Xmansk

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 08:03:56 PM

Well i has to agree on one thing - Diff problem should be solved much sooner and much precise...

Well ppl, if some of you feel urged to carry out posting-battles on such a level, they should consider to start a separate thread for that - perhaps charging fees for those who like to follow it.
Afaik this here is the main thread to DGC and i think ppl interested in DGC would like to read more substantial about DGC than personal tainted lamentations  Angry.

I read a lot here about that "Diff Problem" - and i tend to agree to those who ask for quicker diff-adjustments in order to limit negative side-effects of pool-jumping on constant miners.

However I don't believe that is the only or even the predominant problem DGC experiences - currently exposing something like an all-time-low.

Of course many other coins are going down currently as well - but that can never serve as an argument to refuse an analysis of or the debate about possible causes for the "own" coin and appropiate means addressing that phenomenon.
Perhaps the community can find back to an objective debate in a more constructive atmosphere...  Roll Eyes

It not about posting-battle. I am just saying my opinion, and it not first time I said it.

Well i think it is a main problem.

Current all-time-low is no problem at all for me

I want a large discussion how to fix diff adjustment

BTC: 13VR6e4XaGGhwq6LMGuFYdQWM5FwVqKSDY
LTC: LWyrhxuxJk8rVnGaUP98xPhVg445Qka1qr
DGC: DNgv3ZYpCwQR8spfgwANc8vAExq7danf7W
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lloydimiller4

Activity: 186

Monero

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 08:58:11 PM

Well i has to agree on one thing - Diff problem should be solved much sooner and much precise...

Well ppl, if some of you feel urged to carry out posting-battles on such a level, they should consider to start a separate thread for that - perhaps charging fees for those who like to follow it.
Afaik this here is the main thread to DGC and i think ppl interested in DGC would like to read more substantial about DGC than personal tainted lamentations  Angry.

I read a lot here about that "Diff Problem" - and i tend to agree to those who ask for quicker diff-adjustments in order to limit negative side-effects of pool-jumping on constant miners.

However I don't believe that is the only or even the predominant problem DGC experiences - currently exposing something like an all-time-low.

Of course many other coins are going down currently as well - but that can never serve as an argument to refuse an analysis of or the debate about possible causes for the "own" coin and appropiate means addressing that phenomenon.
Perhaps the community can find back to an objective debate in a more constructive atmosphere...  Roll Eyes

It not about posting-battle. I am just saying my opinion, and it not first time I said it.

I would suggest we wait and see what the client update brings and if we need to improve we can try something else.

Personally, I believe Baritus knows what he is doing. I doubt we will need a second fix. We just need to get past the multipool problem

XMR: 43uAvbYL7z9NrKQig2DswM69XaeDug1Rf8v4Un1ndssb2To51Vojz2uZ21jFumWsCcgvqZ9hPuE3fEr xKoGCkHU8CzqHFiS
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 09:52:56 PM

Loyal shareholder??  DGC was released on May 20th and just recently you bought yourself some shares on the cheap and label yourself loyal.  Nice...

-tb-

disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 09:57:01 PM

I would suggest we wait and see what the client update brings and if we need to improve we can try something else.

Personally, I believe Baritus knows what he is doing. I doubt we will need a second fix. We just need to get past the multipool problem

Don't mix up the client update with the difficulty adjustment kicking in at the end of the month.

And about this clown in the thread, aren't there mods to take care of abusive language posts? Or wait, there was an ignore button, too. Done.
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 10:27:07 PM

Just in case you don't know the definition of loyal, here it is:

Loyal -
giving or showing firm and constant support or allegiance to a person or institution.

synonyms:   faithful, true, devoted; constant, steadfast, staunch, dependable, reliable, trusted, trustworthy, trusty, dutiful, dedicated, unchanging

In other words, you are anything but loyal. 

Ignored...

-tb-

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2013, 12:10:59 AM

"Afaik this here is the main thread to DGC and i think ppl interested in DGC would like to read more substantial about DGC than personal tainted lamentations   Angry."

pointing finger at Vlad...

"Perhaps the community can find back to an objective debate in a more constructive atmosphere...   Roll Eyes"

can never happen with Vlad in the room...

I believe the constant decline is from the FUD factor along with the quiet period.  Rising BTC and multipool ain't helping either.  I'm sure people are waiting for more updates on the exchange.  Unfortunately, I see continual decline until DGC can shield itself from the multipool and autosell.  Looking on the bright side, this is as good a time as ever to accumulate your DGC holding.   Grin

The fix is in place.  How about we just wait and see how DGC diff responds to the multipools.

-tb-

I'm asking questions of the dev regarding rumors of insider manipulation, coin price crash to all-time lows and outright lying statements made by the dev on Cryptsy infront of me.

But somehow this is not relevant to you.

This is what a lemming is, mindless and foolish.  Burry your head deep up Baritus's ass And make sure you ignore me and anyone else not drinking the Same kool-aid as you.  You're lucky this is actually a good coin with a great name otherwise you'd lose every penny.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2013, 12:47:56 AM

I just could not resist:

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/software-engineer/it-gender-gap-where-are-the-female-programmers/

Wink
dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2013, 01:27:31 AM

Only 1.5% of open developers are women?

Hahahahaaa.  That's less than the 20 to 1 I observed.

But wait, how dare you bring real statistics and facts into this?  You sexist.  It's because Jonny had access to a computer and Jane didn't.  Hahahaha, wait, that whole nurture thing is more bullshit liberal lies.

But still, you can't bring up facts.  Baritus has spoken, and women are equal to men.  At least to him.   In his experience women are equal to him, which very very sad.  It's like getting beat by a woman in sports or in arm wrestling and then thinking that's the norm.

Anyone who's gone to college and taken really difficulty logic courses has at some point said:  "Hey, where's all the hot chicks?!"  And that's not sexist, I would have given anything to have those marketing and logic-less degrees swap out their women for all the men in my classes but it was never the case.  It was always a a sausage party and once in High School or in College did I ever see a woman get the highest score in a math or science class.  It was usually me or some other dude.

Sorry, but I can't let some liberal brainwashing propaganda take place of REALITY.  Women are not equal to men in anything, not even cooking, but you go go ahead, Baritus, and tell yourself that and when you get married get bossed around by your equally stupid and very inferior wife.

Good job cherry picking one statistic out of an article that uses statistics to counter-argue your dark age view of the sexes. Did you even bother to read the entire article and check some of the sources?

Since you like cherry picking statistics, here is a quote from the article:

Looking at the BLS numbers, it is interesting that these professions attract more women (as a percentage) than software engineers (20.2%):

Bailiffs, correctional officers, jailers (26.9%)
    Chief executives (25.0%)
    Database administrators (35.3%)
    Biological scientists (45.1%)
    Chemists and materials scientists (30.0%)
    Technical writers (50.4%)

Even the professions that are said to have a glass ceiling (such as CEO) have more women in them than software development. Based on the number of science positions listed in the BLS data with substantial numbers of women in them, it is clear that the myth that women are afraid of math or science is just plain wrong (even if less than 1% of mathematicians are women). And given the bizarre outlier of DBAs at 35.3%, and technical writers at 50.4%, we can see that women certainly do not dislike computing fields in general.

Database administrators, biological scientists, chemists, materials scientists and technical writers do not require logical thinking skills?

Next time try reading the entire article. Most likely it appears that cultural differences are the reason there are not more women in the computer science field.

Anyway, kind of a strange subject for the DGC thread. Vlad, keep digging that hole and alienating developers, you will go far with that strategy.  Cheesy

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 01:49:27 AM

Remember, this is a coin announcement thread, not a gender debate. If you want to continue on your discussion, make a new thread in Off Topic, or continue in PM.
flound1129

Activity: 938

www.multipool.us

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 02:01:49 AM

I'd like to know the economics (macro, micro, behavioral) behind people's assumptions that none of the changes will work. Didn't realize we were all trained economics professionals....

I'm sure the change will work "about" as well as the FTC change did, since it's basically the same fix (ftc has a maximum drop/increase of around 40%)

From Baritus's example:

Quote from: Baritus
EXAMPLE
Before:
1. Pool hopping software mines the easy blocks and pushes difficulty to 5
2. Pool hopping hash power leaves and DGC retargets to difficulty 1 because of the lack of hash power
3. Pool hopping software gets on again, mines most of the easy blocks, and pushes difficulty to 5
4. Repeat....

After:
1. Pool hopping software mines the easy blocks and pushes difficulty to 5
2. Pool hopping hash power leaves and DGC retargets to 2.5 difficulty
3. Regular miners join the network because of the improved profitability
4. Network stabilizes at that hash rate because pool hopping software will not switch due to low difficulty spikes

I'd suspect what will actually happen will be that we will bounce between 2.5 and 5, instead of 1 and 5, but at double the frequency.

It might be that we mine other coins when the diff is 2.5, in which case another retarget will now happen even more quickly back to an easy diff when we hop back on.  Rinse and repeat.

Overall, I think that this patch is a good thing, since it has a chance to rid the coin of the extremely low difficulty periods where the stale rate is high and many blocks are orphaned because they're being found too quickly.  But it will do next to nothing about the "multipool problem" that it purports to cure.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2013, 02:03:06 AM

Remember, this is a coin announcement thread, not a gender debate. If you want to continue on your discussion, make a new thread in Off Topic, or continue in PM.

Got it.

Xmansk

Activity: 163

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 06:56:24 AM

Agree

BTC: 13VR6e4XaGGhwq6LMGuFYdQWM5FwVqKSDY
LTC: LWyrhxuxJk8rVnGaUP98xPhVg445Qka1qr
DGC: DNgv3ZYpCwQR8spfgwANc8vAExq7danf7W
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 09:32:29 AM

Agree

To be fair, let's not call it "the multipool problem" as it's actually a "dgc diff adjustment problem". Any party or pool with any hashpower are welcome to mine dgc for as long as they want. It's the strength of Dgc to adjust to the new competitive mining environment and not fight against the inevitable with pathetic measures to change the difficulty in ever shorter time periods. I believe dev has taken the right course of action here.
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2013, 11:34:48 AM

can someone lay out for me the "why not" of a diff change literally per block - i just want to know the "why not" argument.

I did witness some discussion around this regarding Bitcoin itself and the general implication at that time , (that I witnessed) was that it would make and (have made) little difference fundamentally, that is to say structurally or from a security stand point .

So I'm asking , why have not all Crypto evolved in this direction towards a literal per block re-target - i know the algorithm has to have a reference , but I'm just talking about a trend towards 1

so that is to say , not that we would end up there . (and maybe there has been that trend now i reflect)

so if anyone has any "pro longer" points I'm interested.

(i personally do not see the huge difference , but that aside)

*ps Vlad , you are crazy , in some fields I'm a genius , in others I'm made to look like a latent retard to a woman . woman rule us , submit now , it will be easier., the more you resist the longer your pain.

Hail the Goddess.

{sorry lol}

btw i don't see a "dgc diff adjustment problem", i don't think there ever was one even originally , ha ha this is not a DGC problem , some people are missing the Forrest here  , and its not a multi-pool problem either.

{my ability to see this Vlad, gives me a small edge against our oppressor - its fleeting though , and quickly I'm shoved back into submission} , {its  submission i want though ..hail.}

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2013, 11:47:01 AM

** one final point Vlad

So devious is my oppressor - that she argues for your points , she says that men are superior , its tricks and lies , she lies to lull us into this way, you can't say that's not genius?

I can only submit, yield to this superior being.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2013, 11:56:16 AM

Tell me genius, where's just one, JUST ONE:  gates, jobs, Woz, tesla, Einstein, Newton, Bell, Hewllet, and the list is in the tens of thousands but NOT ONE SINGLE WOMAN.
Carly Fiorina Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

dunderklumpen

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 12:34:46 PM

Constant throwing of shit and pointless slander about Baritus on Cryptsy trollbox by the same pathetic user over and over again, yesterday, today, everyday gives me the opportunity to stack cheap DGC and SRC, awesome!
Both are on the candidate list for possible coins becoming the next Bitcoin or Litecoin, few words to the haters = cya in 3-4 years!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2013, 10:12:52 PM

I wanna thank Baritus and gang for the dirt cheap 25,000 DGC I picked up 5 minutes ago.

I'll be back for more tomorrow.

Pmalek
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 7069

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 11:12:22 PM

Can you elaborate more please? At what block will diff change apply? Thats like in 2 months time frame right?

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
r2vape

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 01:32:23 AM

Can you guys cut out the rubbish back and forth in this thread.  Keep it on topic thanks - nothing more annoying than checking this thread for updates and having to go through all the dribble.

Pages: « 1 ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 [193] 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 ... 293 »
  Print  

Jump to: