Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:04:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin really secure?  (Read 21546 times)
Hakkerman101

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 12:19:22 AM

It should go without saying that you should treat bitcoins like the money in your bank account. Cryptocurrencies become more popular day-by-day, and thieves have definitely been paying attention. In the last five years, over $500 million of bitcoins have been stolen.

How is this done? For starters, 22% of all financial malware attacks target bitcoins. Over 12 exchanges (including Mt. Gox) have been hacked and there are more than 140 viruses out there that target bitcoins as well. On the upside, these threats also present new market opportunities for cryptocurrency related protection services.

Famous venture capitalist and Bitcoin proponent, Fred Wilson, believes that digital currencies will have to be more secure to gain mainstream adoption. This means exchanges and wallets are going to have to be better. Entrepreneurs around the world are trying to figure this out right now, and many of their new services could – in the process – also disrupt the financial system as we know it.
MiF

Activity: 1372
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 12:19:49 AM

As far as I know, bitcoins are secured to a point that no one as of now can fake even a smidge of bitcoins in the total supply. Many wallets now are so invested in making your coins secure because if they don't make your money secure, they're royaly screwed. It's also a good precaution to make sure that you access your coins in a secure network.

Yes I am pretty sure it can secure future lives, Not just to secure but to change our lives forever. As we can see right now old technologies already replaced by a new one, and especially technology right now is very popular in this generation. I can say that bitcoin secure future because bitcoin is our future money wherein we can use this in everything we need. Right now bitcoin is a work from technology and in the future technology is our source for us to find job thats why I can say that it can really secure future.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Gaff

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 12:32:14 AM

As far as I know, bitcoins are secured to a point that no one as of now can fake even a smidge of bitcoins in the total supply. Many wallets now are so invested in making your coins secure because if they don't make your money secure, they're royaly screwed. It's also a good precaution to make sure that you access your coins in a secure network.

Yes, I agree, As far as I know, other also say it can really secure future, Yes it can but the perfect word to say is Bitcoin can really change our lives forever. As we can see right now technologies are very popular. We always use gadgets by now and by using it we can work with bitcoin and can gain enough money to secure our future. For me, bitcoin is our future work because of technology popularity and bitcoin continue to increase right now and for the coming years thats why for me it can secure our future.
Walrus1

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 12:42:08 AM

blockchain has security equivalent of military security so hacking action is almost impossible for this but is different if the provider of wallet sites or your account is hacked. all currencies can be used as illegal activity but nothing prohibits the use of the currency. as long as I use bitcoin until today it is still secure.
I just have to say the military, pentagon and CIA have been hacked. Quantum computers are currently working on hacking blockchain if they haven't already. Governments will want to know how to hack block chain as it's becoming adopted technology. It was made by man, just a bunch of 0 and 1 man will eventually hack it. I guess hacking the block chain running Bitcoin would be pointless as it would probably crash it but I can see crazy Ivan doing it for fun.
Theo222

Activity: 449
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 12:48:51 AM

For me bitcoin is very secure and safe because i didnt here about scam. Bitcoin is very secure because it is digital and all transaction is untraceable.
Alexander Mamaev

Activity: 17

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 02:24:32 PM

Bitcoin technology is quite secure, taken on its own. The danger lies in the infrastructure that you use for storing it or operating with it. Channels of communications may also be vulnerable to hackers. In the end, there is a human factor - people often do not pay heed to even elementary precaution when it comes to protecting their personal data.

How to keep your cryptomoneysafe? Well, for one make sure you don't use software with flimsy security. It is often the case that people use their cyrptowallet software in the same environemnt that they use for accessing Internet. This doubles the risk of contracting malware.

There is also a trade-off between convenience and security. Hardware tokens are quite secure. Yet they are not always convenient.

You can check out the announcement of the product I am working on, if you are interested: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2471742.0

Basically, what I am trying to do is create a hardware wallet that is very secure, yet has convenient interface and can be connected with other devices
wolfgang56

Activity: 248

WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 02:34:27 PM

Hello pals,
Recently I introduced Bitcoin and cryptocurrency to my friends and family,they liked the concept but they asked me a question that I wasn't able to answer.Is Bitcoin really secure?What if a hacker was able to hack Bitcoin system/blockchain?Who manages Bitcoin security and what are the security measures taken to avoid hackers being able to steal Bitcoins?Why Bitcoin is not blocked for those who use it illegally by buying/selling in the deepweb market?What if governements ban Bitcoin because of these people?
I really appreciate if you  guys give me some answers
Everything has its own limitation and I think it is one of the limitation of bitcoin in the sense that how can we revive our bitcoins if it is hacked by someone unlike in banks we can report it but in bitcoin there is no one that is responsible for this kind of act.

jyotianand01

Activity: 980
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 03:01:09 PM

Bitcoin is as secure as banking system and no one can break its security, if someone hacked your account, it will be your security lapse. Always use private window or safe browsing and secure your password and key in safer place and use best antivirus program so no infiltration to your system and you are 100% safe.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   
WPPENERGY
.World Power Production.

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   

..INQUIRE..
━━━━━━━━
A.nayem

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:04:19 PM

#I'm sorry to disagree since everything can be hacked nowadays. A good example of it is SONY, For sure SONY has everything to protect their servers. But they too didn't expect that their walls are already breached. In terms of carelessness, I guess it's part of our human nature. We are not perfect though. The Government can easily manipulate the market of Bitcoin, they apply laws to prevent transactions.
dynospytan

Activity: 364
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:09:36 PM

Bitcoin is as secure as banking system and no one can break its security, if someone hacked your account, it will be your security lapse. Always use private window or safe browsing and secure your password and key in safer place and use best antivirus program so no infiltration to your system and you are 100% safe.
I guess it is really up to us how we will work for our security, bitcoin is safe as we all know but where we store our money is the problem. Storing our bitcoin only in one wallet is too risky, we need to think about another way, distributing it into different wallets or investing it would be great. Your idea of safe browsing and antivirus always needs to be considered.
JCLee

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:09:36 PM

I think it's secure but not totally secure. Bitcoin user still can be founded out via IP address that why there are a lot of people got caught when they tried to commit money laundering via Bitcoin Smiley). Beside you can see there are a lot of people lose their Bitcoin everyday because of hacker so Bitcoin is still not secure enough IMO.

pucfjyrj

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:15:01 PM

Bitcoin is safe and is stored in a cold purse. In addition, bitcoin is a wealth that is written on the entire network. It is true.
quocsi

Activity: 360

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:16:05 PM

I totally trust bitcoin. It's really safe. In the last few years, we have seen how it evolved. Its value is quite high for everyone. more and more users. Many governments have gradually accepted the bitcoin that is a good sign. It is essential for our lives.

Opquar

Activity: 385

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:16:48 PM

For me bitcoin is very secure and safe because i didnt here about scam. Bitcoin is very secure because it is digital and all transaction is untraceable.

Well you obviously do not know enough about it. You need to read up more. There are lots of scams daily and *every* transaction is traceable. Being digital also does not mean it is inherently secure.
2fresh

Activity: 782
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:19:12 PM

Well you obviously do not know enough about it. You need to read up more. There are lots of scams daily and *every* transaction is traceable. Being digital also does not mean it is inherently secure.

The facts there are lots of scams out there doesn't mean the bitcoin network is not secure.
conceivedspoon2

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:20:03 PM

Yes. It has like 90% security. Bitcoin address can be shared but if you share your private information to any other person, then it is possible that it will be compromise. Expose your private information and your money is likely to move.  
Dharmendrax

Activity: 52

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:22:11 PM

Yes Bitcoin is totally secure..no one can hack if you will not do any careless things..
newfix

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:25:16 PM

I think yes, because bitcoin is a decentralized crypto currency, and many people control it, not only one person, like for bank or financial institute.
If you have a secure offline wallet, i think that is better than an account bank (online or offline)
Keep safe your account and private keys, and nobody can steal your bitcoins.
sino22

Activity: 438

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:29:58 PM

if for the moment I use bitcoin it is safe without any problems in making transactions. so my mind, why many people say also that bitcoin is not safe, maybe they are less careful in maintaining the btc they have.
Rashid555

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:42:11 PM

As I know bitcoin is safe and secure currency the experts says that we can make several transaction in this currency like they can transfer their funds from one country to another. For me bitcoin is safe and you should trust it because if you are not trusting on bitcoin then you can’t enter into the crypto world. As some of the people will say that it is not safe but they will give you the wrong opinions regarding bitcoin theft etc.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: