Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:52:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Religious beliefs on bitcoin  (Read 22374 times)
powdabam

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 05:41:05 PM

Rev 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

My friends and I actually had a discussion about how Bitcoin could cause this to happen, but BTC wouldn't be the  mark, but rather the government would create it to fight BTC. 

If everyone started using BTC and therefor no longer had to pay taxes or even created a tax problem because it's impossible for the government to find out what you owe, they could then say, Hey you can only buy with USD or go to jail.  This in essence would fulfill the prophecy.
Theraty

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 05:42:55 PM

How's about we don't be followers of anything and lead when possible. Maturity demands we stand up to those who would make bow down and bow to those who cannot stand up. I come from a dominate catholic community who are dealing with the impact of abusive priests and we all wonder where the sensibility of community leaders was 20-30 years ago.
Bitcoin's impact is that it strips the veil away from financial malfeasance. John's Revelation declares the lifting of the veil from religious malfeasance. Don't look for science or financial solutions in holy books, or use a book as a hammer upon society. Bitcoin is a meme change - freedom from ancient chains. Emperor's New Clothes for current monetary systems. D-systems pushing up against false valuation of wealth.

FF

You sound like the man for the job. This is the making of an excellent speech.
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 06:34:10 PM

As a Christian I thought about the fact that there is a "one world currency" predicted in Revelation when we were thinking about buying some BTC.  My husband and I discussed it and came to the conclusion that since this is the case, it is really actually wise for Christians to invest in BTC.  It is untraceable and anonymous and could be quite useful in a world where the government was trying to keep track of what people were doing. 

That said, I think that all of the BTC investors should be interested in what the Bible does say.  I feel that in a way it does predict the success of BTC, or something similar, in that the governments of the world will probably at some point have to unite together and try to "fight" against the freedoms that the people have found in a new world where they control their own money.  What will be the solution?  To make all people "register" or get a mark so that they can trace what they are buying and selling.  The mark, I believe, is a bar code which already has 666 hidden in it.  (all bar codes have three sets of lines without numbers on them in the beginning, middle and end that are the equivalent to a 6)  Also, all developed countries already have barcode scanners in place so it would be very simple to just require people to get a tatoo with their own barcode number. 

Does is make me a little nervous?  I guess I have read the end of Revelation so I know what "side" I want to be on.  I do not need to fear anyone but God.  But it is certainly something to think about for sure.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
FlappySocks

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 06:41:48 PM

That said, I think that all of the BTC investors should be interested in what the Bible does say.

"I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man. She must be quiet." (1 Timothy 2:12)
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 06:57:57 PM

That said, I think that all of the BTC investors should be interested in what the Bible does say.

"I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man. She must be quiet." (1 Timothy 2:12)

Yeah, that belief is gonna get you laid.

justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 06:59:51 PM

Do you know what the term is for somebody who has studied the Bible from cover to cover?

An atheist.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 07:03:47 PM

Do you know what the term is for somebody who has studied the Bible from cover to cover?

An atheist.
lol - you only closely study what you don't believe. That's likely why most people are on this forum. Too good to be true so let's take a closer look. Smiley

FlappySocks

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 07:07:54 PM

Its those that were indoctrinated into religion from birth I feel sorry for. What a rotten start in life.
Gabi
Legendary

Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 07:10:38 PM

Yeah, believing that Sauron is real

BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 07:12:27 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2013, 02:08:56 AM by BitChick

My husband is a Greek scholar.  The correct interpretation of that passage should be "I am not permitting a women to teach or have authority over a man" and at that time the women were not educated so Paul was correct in saying that women should not be permitted to speak or teach.   Unfortunately, in the English translation it appears to be more permanent and people read it as saying, "NEVER EVER EVER" and of course men love that. Wink  I think the modern translation should say, "At this time I am not permitting a women to teach."  It would actually help solve many problems for sure.  Paul, the apostle, was a huge advocate for women's rights. He is the one that said, "There is neither male nor female."  

BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 07:23:33 PM

Also, my quote was taken out of context.  My point was that all BTC investors should be interested in the what the Bible says because it does seem to predict a "one world currency" which we could interpret and add credibility to the fact that BTC (or some other crypto currency) will gain world wide acceptance.  That was my point.  And since all prophecies in scripture have come true  (yes many will debate this but even the time frame in which Christ was born was predicted and came true and even that Israel would be a nation again) this is worth thinking about.  And since I am a woman, you can totally ignore me if you like. Wink

Gabi
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 07:32:41 PM

The correct interpretation of that passage should be
Oh yeah, let's CHANGE the meaning of what is written there.

And, eventually, we will discover that the crusades were righteous

at that time the women were not educated so Paul was correct in saying that women should not be permitted to speak or teach
Mmmhh  Undecided

BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 07:39:07 PM

at that time the women were not educated so Paul was correct in saying that women should not be permitted to speak or teach
Mmmhh  Undecided

Paul was correct in saying women should not be permitted to speak or teach at that time (until they were educated, or society allowed for them to be educated)

Read it in Greek.  That was the original author's intent.  What the English version of our Bible says is not always exactly correct.  The English translators are the ones that CHANGE the meaning.  Hence why it is important for some of us to take off our "English lenses" we see the world with.  

Gabi
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 07:41:01 PM

Oh well i read the italian translation wich too has tons of problems and incorrect things

But the "interpretation" thing often is abused to meet the views of who is interpretating

FlappySocks

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 07:41:18 PM

Does god except bitcoins?  I hope everybody here is tithing.  Roll Eyes
BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 07:43:08 PM

Does god except bitcoins?  I hope everybody here is tithing.  Roll Eyes

I will be very happy to tithe ten percent of my gains!   Grin

EndTheFed321

Activity: 577

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 07:47:52 PM

In Bitdust I trust  Wink

Earn Free BTC by using your browser check it  out
https://get.cryptobrowser.site/11117080
FlappySocks

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 07:50:41 PM

I will be very happy to tithe ten percent of my gains!   Grin

I have found Gods Bitcoin address. Please send your tithe here: 14nibzy7DCm1m5ps7TPSfmzJAXwoZ9WY7s

Grin
CypressXM

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 07:54:34 PM

Mmmhh  Undecided

Paul was correct in saying women should not be permitted to speak or teach at that time (until they were educated, or society allowed for them to be educated)

Read it in Greek.  That was the original author's intent.  What the English version of our Bible says is not always exactly correct.  The English translators are the ones that CHANGE the meaning.  Hence why it is important for some of us to take off our "English lenses" we see the world with.  

Believing in god is the same as believing in the tooth fairy. It's a form of magical thinking.

That being said I think everyone should give BTC instead of fiat to their kids when perpetuating such delusional notions. I can make a small exception for the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny, and Santa Claus. But only when they are REALLY young, lest they be doomed to a life of wildly implausible core beliefs that will taint their reasoning in all other aspects of thought.
redtwitz

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 08:10:40 PM

I just added up Satoshi in asci.. = 666

OK for anyone that is wondering:
S=83
a=97
t=116
o=111
s=115
h=104
i=105
Sum=731

If all letters are lower case, then it goes up to 763. However, if you capitalize any 3 letters than the total is 667. So SaToShi=667. Is that enough to declare armageddon?

what about surname all in capitals?  or.. S.Nxxxxxxx

must be some combination to get 666 :d

i once did a program to do this.. and tried to get 666 with gwbush

FWIW, NaKaMOTO gives 666.

Code:
var str = "NaKaMOTO", sum = 0; for (var i = 0; i < str.length; i++) sum += str.charCodeAt(i);
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: