Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:32:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 233 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] SOMA - The Social Marketplace  (Read 92774 times)
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:53:53 PM

I did not quite catch how Soma will earn money beyond the ICO and if/how the profits flow back to the investors. Has anyone figured it out?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ParRus

Activity: 490
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 08:12:08 PM

found short SOMA review, a little bit with an accent, but everything is clear
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6OAcqIcv-M
Korsakopf

Activity: 210
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 08:22:23 PM

SOMA & UTRUST. My two favourite ICOs in partnership  Grin
there are also my favorites i think that with their partnership,the success of both will be inevitable...

They are very complimentary. I was a bit worried about UTRUST having to find partners to actually use/offer their payment system, but with this partnership with SOMA they have a partner where they can prove their technology.
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 08:48:36 PM

there are also my favorites i think that with their partnership,the success of both will be inevitable...

UTRUST will be used as partnership for many new ICO's I think when it needed a payment gateway.
SOMA needs a good payment gateway with crypto's for there items they will sell. The both will benefit from this partnership!

Cant wait to see this project go live!
Great work you guys are doing here.
Elkmar

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 09:09:13 PM

1 ETH its too much? Some ICo have much more minimum requiments for pre-sale for example. Its only chance to win.
5000 SCT its for 1 person only?  Huh

I think that's low too.

But we must take into account that some small wallets want their share too  Grin
Islapdonkey

Activity: 882
Merit: 277

If i had a dollar for every "had i known"

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 09:10:24 PM

Cool project,
But I couldn't really understand how does the IIC actually work?

What would be a simple real life example?

El IIC is a virtual document in the blockchain that will store all the information of an item, including how many times it was bought, it's like a history of the item, so when you buy it inside the platform, you know what the particular item has been through, the downside is that the history starts when the item enters the ecosystem, before that, you will only know the information that the seller fills in, so if it was actually bought 3 times, the first time it may actually say 1, that will depend of the veracity of the seller, of course, if it's found out that the information is false, the seller and item lose credibility, thus reducing the chances of it being bought; its a fantastic feature, and once the platform becomes mainstream, it will become essential.

So first of all, Soma will have to function for quite some time for IIC to actually become meaningful since the items has to be traded only on their platform.
Other thing is how the II card will be bound to the item? Every re-seller can just make a new card and promote it with a different history.

Most item have a scan able barcode, am guessing that will implemented into the platform. Every smart phone with an irc reader can easily scan this barcode. so implementation should be easy. Anyway, as already mentioned the IIC validity only matters if product is traded exclusively on Soma. So I believe the IIC factor will diminish over time cos we dealing with a free market and as such multiple competition is in place. Ebay/Amazon is a huge market but we all know second hand product is not traded exclusively in this sites.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 09:15:22 PM

The visibility of soma is really good, and I think its really important for the sucess of a project. A lot of YouTube video and resentzgion qbout soma concept, and the partnership with Utrust improve the visibility too. It sound very nice for the ico I think soma will raise a lot !
belechau

Activity: 686

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 09:32:29 PM

Congratulations to the signed partnership. It really was wise. I know that a lot of news will come to leverage the project even more and the investment will be very profitable in the future. Good luck
Rigorous

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 09:43:30 PM

Cool project,

El IIC is a virtual document in the blockchain that will store all the information of an item, including how many times it was bought, it's like a history of the item, so when you buy it inside the platform, you know what the particular item has been through, the downside is that the history starts when the item enters the ecosystem, before that, you will only know the information that the seller fills in, so if it was actually bought 3 times, the first time it may actually say 1, that will depend of the veracity of the seller, of course, if it's found out that the information is false, the seller and item lose credibility, thus reducing the chances of it being bought; its a fantastic feature, and once the platform becomes mainstream, it will become essential.

So first of all, Soma will have to function for quite some time for IIC to actually become meaningful since the items has to be traded only on their platform.
Other thing is how the II card will be bound to the item? Every re-seller can just make a new card and promote it with a different history.

Most item have a scan able barcode, am guessing that will implemented into the platform. Every smart phone with an irc reader can easily scan this barcode. so implementation should be easy. Anyway, as already mentioned the IIC validity only matters if product is traded exclusively on Soma. So I believe the IIC factor will diminish over time cos we dealing with a free market and as such multiple competition is in place. Ebay/Amazon is a huge market but we all know second hand product is not traded exclusively in this sites.

Barcodes are not necessarily unique to each item. Items may share the same barcode for the whole product line/model. Even serial numbers are not necessarily unique because in practice they can be model numbers which are the same for identical items. Therefore I do not believe barcodes can be used to unique identify an item and link that item to an IIC.
Heimer

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 09:53:22 PM

1 ETH its too much? Some ICo have much more minimum requiments for pre-sale for example. Its only chance to win.
5000 SCT its for 1 person only?  Huh

I think that's low too.

But we must take into account that some small wallets want their share too  Grin
One ETH is nice sweet spot for ico. Not too low, not too much it's currently only 300$ so majority can participate in it
bitsurfer2014

Activity: 924
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:13:54 PM

The ultimate beneficiary from this partnership are the community, stakeholders and end users of these two platforms. Great job!
Drokzid

Activity: 930
Merit: 257

HAIL THE KING!

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 10:18:51 PM

found short SOMA review, a little bit with an accent, but everything is clear
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6OAcqIcv-M
Thanks for sharing that video.

I have some questions:

* Will there be an android alpha version, too?
* How much has been raised in the ICO so far?
* Can investors from China participate in the token sale?

BTC IS KING!
tiger5056

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:41:11 PM

Every 1 ETH contributed equals to one stake in the draw! There will be total of 3 winners who will receive the amount of 5000 SCT directly to their contract address after the token sale ends. Nice. already 6413312  SCT sold.

Rigorous

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 11:08:12 PM

Cool project,

Barcodes are not necessarily unique to each item. Items may share the same barcode for the whole product line/model. Even serial numbers are not necessarily unique because in practice they can be model numbers which are the same for identical items. Therefore I do not believe barcodes can be used to unique identify an item and link that item to an IIC.

To expand on this, let's take an example from the whitepaper:

For example, imagine that there is a musician with a lot of followers as a user in the Soma.

A few years ago Jimi Hendrix's burnt guitar was auctioned. To this day people still doubt whether it is the real thing or if it is a replica.

http://www.strat-talk.com/threads/jimi-hendrixs-original-torched-fender-strat-found.112817/
http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/did-jimi-hendrix-actually-burn-a-guitar-at-the-miami-pop-festival.647676/

Whether it is real or fake, if you can make a replica of an iconic burnt guitar, you can also make a replica of its barcode. So that proves nothing.
Pajulapoiss

Activity: 554
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 11:25:32 PM

Cool project,

For example, imagine that there is a musician with a lot of followers as a user in the Soma.

A few years ago Jimi Hendrix's burnt guitar was auctioned. To this day people still doubt whether it is the real thing or if it is a replica.

http://www.strat-talk.com/threads/jimi-hendrixs-original-torched-fender-strat-found.112817/
http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/did-jimi-hendrix-actually-burn-a-guitar-at-the-miami-pop-festival.647676/

Whether it is real or fake, if you can make a replica of an iconic burnt guitar, you can also make a replica of its barcode. So that proves nothing.
Thanks Voltaje for the explanation, it made things clearer!

But it is very interesting indeed. How do you know that the IIC and the item really are the same?
Barcodes can just be sticked to anything...  Is the IIC is not a physical card, is it?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
DeepVault
Blockchain File Signatures
deeponion.org
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 11:30:27 PM

Cool project,

Well that's a problem you always will face to. Like in art etc. there will always be people who wants to make money with replica. But for the average user it will probably be not such a big deal because the time and effort wouldn't be worth it probably.

Also as before discussed, it's not save because every trade which takes part outside of the platform will not be registered :/ I like the idea of the IIC card, but still there are some problems with it.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Voltaje

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 12:59:20 AM

Cool project,

Well that's a problem you always will face to. Like in art etc. there will always be people who wants to make money with replica. But for the average user it will probably be not such a big deal because the time and effort wouldn't be worth it probably.

Also as before discussed, it's not save because every trade which takes part outside of the platform will not be registered :/ I like the idea of the IIC card, but still there are some problems with it.

The project will have to be VERY popular for the IIC to function properly, that same function will scare some people that want to fool buyers, so they won't be getting in the platform, or will try it and look for ways to bypass it, but here are those who are not scammer, but want to lie about a product to be able to sell it anyway, because of that another part of the clients will go, so the platform will be getting either good sellers and buyers, and some few bad apples.
toolucky98

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 01:20:24 AM

Cool project,

The project will have to be VERY popular for the IIC to function properly, that same function will scare some people that want to fool buyers, so they won't be getting in the platform, or will try it and look for ways to bypass it, but here are those who are not scammer, but want to lie about a product to be able to sell it anyway, because of that another part of the clients will go, so the platform will be getting either good sellers and buyers, and some few bad apples.
Thats a good thing for sure, quality will be better than quantity.
Keep those scammers and foolers away !
kettenschutz

Activity: 450
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 01:27:46 AM

Consider it a good decision for SOMA to become partners with UTRUST.
Mutually beneficial cooperation, from which everyone will benefit.
lvsca

Activity: 1792
Merit: 293

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2017, 01:40:25 AM

wow. now every eth you invest you get in to lottery ticket to win 5000 SCT https://twitter.com/SomaToken/status/915964812114452480
The winner will have a nice bonus + this will be an additional incentive to invest, great idea
tiger5056, thank for this link

so, minimum to contribute is 1 ETH to get lottery ticket?
Yes , "for every 1 ETH", so it means the minimum is 1 ETH.
Thats quite a lot for me  Grin

maybe it's a lot , but it's good to incentivize large investments. in my opinion it's not that large of an amount. I've invested that before.
large investors invest more 1k ETH, I think this bonus is more for ordinary investors, who believe in the project and invest part of their funds
1k ETH is at current prices someting about 300,000$. Most of "large investors" in crypto worlds don't invest that much in one project (due to high market volatility). Most of them put no more than 100 ETH in on project. Anyway I like this lottery idea Cool

if some one contribute up to 1k ETH, it will easy to reach soft cap. and not need long time for ICO.
lottery ticket is best marketing idea to get more investor.

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 233 »
  Print  

Jump to: