Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:55:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KnCMiner Openday Wednesday 5th & Monday 10th June  (Read 91298 times)
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 05:15:23 PM

I am pleased they have made at least one working Mars board already.

What makes you think it is working? All I've seen is pics of a PCBA with no pics of any actual mining going on.

This:

We have some final coding that we must finish before we can run these at full speed. We expect this to be finished in the next day or so.

It's make a pretty p*ss poor open day if it wasn't functioning! Wink

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2013, 05:17:41 PM

It can't be functioning unless they already made hundreds of asics.

xgtele

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 05:19:11 PM

my orders is two 39xx and one 42xx.. long long line of people ahead..
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 05:22:34 PM

It can't be functioning unless they already made hundreds of asics.

This thread is about the FPGA dude.

KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 07:21:20 PM

Don't worry, many of us are going to Stockholm to visit KNC and will report to the community.

Report what?That an overpriced fpga miner is actually there and mining?
Is there something else?

^^this Smiley
oroboras

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 11:10:13 PM

OK, so there WILL be over 5k of the ASICs. Hmm... difficulty is going to ramp pretty damned fast, I guess.

It's impressive (and worrying for me) that they found that many pre-orders already. I doubt I'll get into the first batch, lol.
greaterninja

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 11:16:41 PM

I hope you guys do not get scammed.

Those "ASIC" chips are generic Altera chips that can be bought and found on the internet, especially eBay.

Its amazing how gullible people on bitcointalk are.

I feel 50/50 about this.  It could be legit, it could be one of the hugest scams ever.
oroboras

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 11:24:43 PM

I hope you guys do not get scammed.

Those "ASIC" chips are generic Altera chips that can be bought and found on the internet, especially eBay.

Its amazing how gullible people on bitcointalk are.

I feel 50/50 about this.  It could be legit, it could be one of the hugest scams ever.

Those 'generic Altera "ASIC" chips' are FPGA chips for the Mars machine.....

The ASIC's (Jupiter & Saturn) haven't been made yet.
whitefeather

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 02:45:22 AM

So when is this "open day" going to take place, and how is our community going to be represented in the event? There was initial talk that KNC might literally pay for a few of us to make the trip over, an investment, they say, in their confidence-building initiative. I have no qualms paying for my own way, getting on a plane and heading to Stockholm before I plunk down several tens of thousands for a few Jupiters. I really don't want to get caught up in the Butterfly (labs) effect here. If some of you gentlemen and ladies are planning on heading out to Sweden for the event, your comment(s) would be most appreciated.
dan99

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 02:57:12 AM

So when is this "open day" going to take place, and how is our community going to be represented in the event? There was initial talk that KNC might literally pay for a few of us to make the trip over, an investment, they say, in their confidence-building initiative. I have no qualms paying for my own way, getting on a plane and heading to Stockholm before I plunk down several tens of thousands for a few Jupiters. I really don't want to get caught up in the Butterfly (labs) effect here. If some of you gentlemen and ladies are planning on heading out to Sweden for the event, your comment(s) would be most appreciated.

is only an open day to show the FPGA Mars Miner and for you to ask them questions and questions and for them to reply you with answers and answers. Jupiter /Saturn only available in September ... if you do go there please take photos and videos Smiley
KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 07:06:39 AM

I really don't want to get caught up in the Butterfly (labs) effect here.

Yup. no preorders, waiting for production units then. you'll probably be able to buy a klondike16 before though.

nii236

Activity: 85

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 07:19:37 AM

is only an open day to show the FPGA Mars Miner and for you to ask them questions and questions and for them to reply you with answers and answers. Jupiter /Saturn only available in September ... if you do go there please take photos and videos Smiley

KnCminers also stated they will hold a separate open day for the Jupiters and Saturns. But does that mean we will have to get our Mars before that day to pre-order for the ASIC miners and claim the $2000 discount, before we have even seen the devices I wonder.
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 07:38:46 AM

So they are expecting us to buy overpriced fpgas to get a future asic?

Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 07:40:05 AM

So they are expecting us to buy overpriced fpgas to get a future asic?

No, as soon as they open payments you can just buy and pay for the ASICs, and that's it.

The important thing is for you to pay ASAP, as with all ASIC companies so far.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 08:03:45 AM

No, they are opening payments for the FPGA once they've proven the FPGA exists in the openday.

They are opening payments for the ASIC once they've proven the ASIC exists in it's openday.

Also most of the above q's are answered with basic research, but are being frequently asked by those that can't be bothered doing that.

We've just had two pages of the same questions answered and new posts continuing to ask the same questions again.

Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 08:09:53 AM

No, they are opening payments for the FPGA once they've proven the FPGA exists in the openday.

They are opening payments for the ASIC once they've proven the ASIC exists in it's openday.

Also most of the above q's are answered with basic research, but are being frequently asked by those that can't be bothered doing that.

We've just had two pages of the same questions answered and new posts continuing to ask the same questions again.

No. I spoke with Sam last week. You can skip the Mars and pay for the ASICs as soon as they open payments (which was supposed to happen this Monday), and you will maintain your place in the queue.

jeroenn13

Activity: 644

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 08:20:37 AM

Does this mean you will wait on your FPGA to receive while you pay for your ASIC?
So thats 10K (without tax) $ usd without any items delivered? I am interested in this company, this is not ment as a troll.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 08:39:10 AM

No. I spoke with Sam last week. You can skip the Mars and pay for the ASICs as soon as they open payments (which was supposed to happen this Monday), and you will maintain your place in the queue.

That can't be right. I mean I believe you, but the entire point in the $3.5k FPGA is to build trust and reward those ordering it with a $2k discount when the ASICs are proven real and the order monies are then requested. I don't see the point in building and reselling Mars beyond a prototype for themselves at all then.

What would be the point in the ASIC open day after taking payment? The point of the open days were to demonstrate proof of concept and build trust prior to requesting payment.

There's no buyer protection that covers goods for that duration of 'pre-ordering'. June-October is 5 months, approx 150 days, and that's if the products are delivered on time before the end of Sept.

nii236

Activity: 85

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 09:21:35 AM

Bitcoinorama, that was my point exactly! But how will they prove their ASICs work if they don't have the capital from pre-orders to manufacture them in the first place...
pitchbend

Activity: 242

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 09:34:55 AM

I also don't get this.

I thought buying a MARS device was needed to keep your place in the queue to buy the Jupiter, but if people con buy the Jupiter directly then how will they manage the queue? what will then be the best way to keep my preorder place to buy a Jupiter? buying a Mars first or going straight for the Jupiter?

Also I was planning on paying my 3 mars devices now and then 3 Jupiters when they showed working prototypes, does this mean that I'll have to pay for all 6 devices at once if I want to keep my preorder for the Jupiter?

This is confusing, I hope they clarify their preorder policy before opening the order books.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: