Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:39:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KnCMiner Openday Wednesday 5th & Monday 10th June  (Read 91298 times)
titomane

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:10:19 PM

It's scary that 3 Jupiters can make 149k a month at current difficulty

Unfortunately, that's not going to last.

Avalon is shipping 500K chips (150T) and will start delivering the batch2/3 (solved shipping, solving the rest AFAIK) for another 80-100T. ASIMINER will have to add, say, another 50T to keep their share.

I'm not even counting Bitfury et Al. and that's already 280-300T more (about 3x difficulty).

KNCMINER might add another 300-500T, so we end up at ≃ 700 - 900T or 7x/9x difficulty. KNCMINER is arriving supposedly slightly AFTER Avalon et Al. so it's aleady more like 50K. Still not bad but the BTC might take a dive "real soon now (TM)" AND all the KNCMINER miners are supposed to arrive in a very short timeframe so it will look more like 7-15K and your payback period is already in months, not days. And Avalon has already announced their v2 ASIC.

Going all out in KNCMINER or any other is quite foolish ATM. Thinking KNCMINER will be the end all and be all of ASICs is also foolish. They haven't even shipped yet and the competition is already on to their v2...

Asic V2, you tell it which v1 chips purchased. But do not get more than 30 for the developers by address.

Out of respect for their clients should deliver all asic v1. One day after selling the v2, this would cause a lovely confidence,

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Charles999

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:27:45 PM

Who's making Asic V2?

Avalon is shipping 500K chips (150T) and will start delivering the batch2/3 (solved shipping, solving the rest AFAIK) for another 80-100T. ASIMINER will have to add, say, another 50T to keep their share.

I'm not even counting Bitfury et Al. and that's already 280-300T more (about 3x difficulty).

KNCMINER might add another 300-500T, so we end up at ≃ 700 - 900T or 7x/9x difficulty. KNCMINER is arriving supposedly slightly AFTER Avalon et Al. so it's aleady more like 50K. Still not bad but the BTC might take a dive "real soon now (TM)" AND all the KNCMINER miners are supposed to arrive in a very short timeframe so it will look more like 7-15K and your payback period is already in months, not days. And Avalon has already announced their v2 ASIC.

Going all out in KNCMINER or any other is quite foolish ATM. Thinking KNCMINER will be the end all and be all of ASICs is also foolish. They haven't even shipped yet and the competition is already on to their v2...

Asic V2, you tell it which v1 chips purchased. But do not get more than 30 for the developers by address.

Out of respect for their clients should deliver all asic v1. One day after selling the v2, this would cause a lovely confidence,
titomane

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:33:07 PM

Who's making Asic V2?

I do not know but KS said "Avalon has Already Announced And Their v2 ASIC."
I guess I should have privileged information

KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:52:56 PM

Who's making Asic V2?

It's public knowledge. 55nm ≃ February 2014.

v1 chips are being fabbed and they're working on sending the remaining batch2/3 units. I don't know how long it will take for the miners to be delivered but sample chips are being delivered already. AFAIK samples are sent 4 weeks into the schedule, so the rest of the chips should arrive in about 6 weeks (for the first 10K orders, later ones will be staggered wrt order date).

Back on topic: anyone bought a miner at the open day?
mat542

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:58:58 PM

The mars prototype ?! xD
kaerf

Activity: 631
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:09:47 PM

Who's making Asic V2?

v1 chips are being fabbed and they're working on sending the remaining batch2/3 units. I don't know how long it will take for the miners to be delivered but sample chips are being delivered already. AFAIK samples are sent 4 weeks into the schedule, so the rest of the chips should arrive in about 6 weeks (for the first 10K orders, later ones will be staggered wrt order date).

feb 2014? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD237oF7cCo#t=3m56s  maybe 3 months from the middle of may. i'm guessing probably a couples months later..more like sept/oct.
titomane

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:14:31 PM

Who's making Asic V2?

There is something I do not understand, if a shipment of china to anywhere in the world takes 1 week.
Why does the batch 1 have not come all? Shipping Date March 3.
But not all delivered batch 2.
But the funniest thing the batch3 started 5/5. Today is 11/6 have not provided any.

So it's more than likely that given the 55nm Avalon 02/01/2014. quite sure

Skinnkavaj

Activity: 469

English Motherfucker do you speak it ?

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:24:34 PM

Yes, it's true...we were abducted!!

Unsurprisingly none of us paid the random to the group of hot blondes so they were reluctant to let us go, as were we!

Seriously though, I was there for the best part of 5 hours and the others were there earlier than me.

So I now have some accomodation and have some wifi as I'm in a bar and hell no I'm by even going to start typing a report up on an iPhone!

That said, they were all consumate professionals and total geeks. To put you all out of your misery I cannot see any of the other companies having access to the level of knowledge these guys can tap into. ORSoC are a bunch of very smart cookies and btw Mars is 5.1 Gh/s stock, and was running at 6.8 Gh/s today after some additional tweaking...oh and that's stable at 6.8gh/s much to Daggeto's delight, as it was his wallet this was proven to...

I asked every question sent to me, regardless of whether we had discussed it as I wanted to ensure you all had the answers you wanted. I also expanded on then where necessary. I now regret this as it's going to be a total ball-ache to type up. Almost certainly a two day ball ache, which is like 10 years in bitcointalk forum time, so sit tight I'm afraid.

Long and short these guys are the real deal. Sam and Andreas are v.professional and have handled a mountain of administration to get this far. Sam is up 4.30am every morning. Marcus is a superstar, even if he's a pissed off superstar on camera. Super competitive, they want this, genuinely. I'll tell more later, but I won't make promises for them, all I will say is they really aim to over deliver and the only thing they want to be held to is;

28nm - 350gh/s, 175gh/s - September 2013.

In the meantime, it's another round of pear cider, skål!
I want to hear full report!

KS

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 07:55:30 PM

There is something I do not understand, if a shipment of china to anywhere in the world takes 1 week.

More like 30days if customs don't hold your package, unless you use Fedex et Al. EMS is not much faster at usually 7-15 days.

I'm not sure where your "anywhere in the world from China in 1 week" fact comes from.
titomane

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 08:03:24 PM

More like 30days if customs don't hold your package, unless you use Fedex et Al. EMS is not much faster at usually 7-15 days.

I'm not sure where your "anywhere in the world from China in 1 week" fact comes from.

Batch 1  3st march  deliver outstanding
Batch 2  1th April    deliver outstanding
Batch 3  5st May     Not started

Asic V2   2/2014     HuhHuhHuhHuh

blastbob

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 08:04:53 PM

Batch 1  3st march  deliver outstanding
Batch 2  1th April    deliver outstanding
Batch 3  5st May     Not started

Asic V2   2/2014     HuhHuhHuhHuh

I might get my BFL orders before my Avalon Batch 3.

Bitrated user: blastbob.
KS

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 08:08:51 PM

So, let me rephrase: have you ordered much from China? Where do you get your timetable from?
Bagpipe

Activity: 151

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 08:11:01 PM

The thing that just doesn't make sense to me and is a red flag is, why are they able to offer SO much better pricing than any other company, when using the most expensive die size?

Edit: And then selling them. ASICMiner came up with a winning formulae and so mined on them. These guys are suggesting they can change EVERYTHING in performance measures, AND are willing to sell, AND at the cheapest prices by a significant factor.
I do not believe that needs answering!
When you make a turnover of 5 to 10 million USD in 90 days, and on the extra you get to keep 10- 50 hashing units for your self, and somewhere along that is also a profit, it always beats getting into debt for production run you are not going to sell and you will see any turnover only after some mining has been done...

It is far more profitable to sell majority of the units as soon as you are able to make them, because you have cash immediately and then you can make more. Hesitation is the killer of all profits.
titomane

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 08:17:43 PM

So, let me rephrase: have you ordered much from China? Where do you get your timetable from?

I buy many things in alibaba and ebay Asian users.
I try to talk about what I know, try not to sell smoke in my post.  

I've answered this phrase of his
"Avalon has already announced their v2 ASIC."

Bagpipe

Activity: 151

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 08:24:39 PM

Why sell ONE unit, they'd make - if their claims are true - 5-20x more by mining than selling.
Give me the exact calculation how you arrived at that point. My calculations show, that I am going to get 40USD per day in profits for the 175GHa/s unit costing 4000USD in September or October, bad case simulated.
The situation on the market will be horrible at that time. They are the manufacturers of those units, tell me how that are not going to keep many of those in their offices to provide the heating during the winter...
KS

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 08:32:00 PM

Do a little search in the fora. It's all there.

And if you carefully check the ebay sellers' shipping pages, I'm not saying you haven't, but if you had, you would have noticed the timing is usually quite a bit higher than 1 week.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 08:34:31 PM

Why sell ONE unit, they'd make - if their claims are true - 5-20x more by mining than selling.
Give me the exact calculation how you arrived at that point. My calculations show, that I am going to get 40USD per day in profits for the 175GHa/s unit costing 4000USD in September or October, bad case simulated.
The situation on the market will be horrible at that time. They are the manufacturers of those units, tell me how that are not going to keep many of those in their offices to provide the heating during the winter...

Because their cost price isnt $4k on a $4k retail product lol.

titomane

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 08:35:00 PM

To earn only $ 40 a day with 175Ghs. There must be a difficulty of 215 million and that the BTC is worth $ 100

Could best be explained as the network reaches 215 million difficulty.
I understand a calculation with 100 million in September. Bitfury + Avalon + btcgarden + asicminer.
But 215 million.

KS

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 08:36:41 PM

What difficulty do you expect?
titomane

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 08:38:28 PM

Do a little search in the fora. It's all there.

And if you carefully check the ebay sellers' shipping pages, I'm not saying you haven't, but if you had, you would have noticed the timing is usually quite a bit higher than 1 week.

I live in Europe and orders in a week I get maximum 10 days.
I hope you can minig much with your asics v2 in February 2014

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: