Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:06:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KnCMiner Openday Wednesday 5th & Monday 10th June  (Read 91298 times)
xgtele

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 05:36:40 PM

Picture of their Mars prototype on the knc homepage. Er, seems to only have 24 fpga's in it though....

Looks like this is only one of two Mars miner modules. Check this: https://www.kncminer.com/products/mars

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kevcoins

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 05:39:41 PM

Waiting for Pluto (smaller footprint, runs cooler).

Uranus  

Quote" During the initial phase of this business we understand (quite rightly so) that people are a little concerned when sending money or coins to companies that have not been trading for very long. To alleviate some of these concerns we will not be taking any money from our customers until we have progressed much further down development path. "

To wait for 4 to 5 months to get a product means that you did not have progressed at all !!
glowkeeper

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 05:49:34 PM

Waiting for Pluto (smaller footprint, runs cooler).

Grin
glowkeeper

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 05:51:42 PM

Picture of their Mars prototype on the knc homepage. Er, seems to only have 24 fpga's in it though....

Looks like this is only one of two Mars miner modules. Check this: https://www.kncminer.com/products/mars

Ah. good spot Smiley
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 05:59:46 PM

Lmao

CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 06:04:52 PM

I'll attend your open day for ASIC product.  put me down for that please.
retro72

Activity: 433

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 06:12:44 PM

Sad to say this is looking very shady.

I wrote to them this week about my Jupiter orders and was told if I paid when the payments opened my order would be shipped in the first batch. Bearing in mind my order ID was in the mid 3000's I was pretty surprised. 

Smells very fishy
Zubilica

Activity: 837
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 06:14:43 PM

Is not shady at all ,  queue will be by confirmation of payment . BFL used this method also.
retro72

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 06:20:26 PM

Is not shady at all ,  queue will be by confirmation of payment . BFL used this method also.

Yeah and that turned out ok Roll Eyes

So there was no point me reserving a place at all then?

I'm all for queue to work that way but from what has been posted above, it seems payments for Jupiter will be opening when they start taking Mars orders. Without a working Asic that is pretty shady.  
ecliptic

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 11:25:15 PM

This is what sam told me

I asked
if we are say, the 10th person to order Mars, does that reserve the 10th spot in order for Jupiter?
Sam answered:
If the 10th Mars to leave the building is yours that will mean the 10th Jupiter to leave the building will also be yours (assuming you upgrade within 30 days)

Buying a Mars = Gets you a position in Jupiter

Not buying a mars = you wait until Mars orders get their Jupiter's

Seems to me this is by far the most fair way to do it.
kevcoins

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 11:59:03 PM

This is what sam told me

I asked
if we are say, the 10th person to order Mars, does that reserve the 10th spot in order for Jupiter?
Sam answered:
If the 10th Mars to leave the building is yours that will mean the 10th Jupiter to leave the building will also be yours (assuming you upgrade within 30 days)

How to be fair I ask you? They take your money now and wait for 4 months down the road before they delivers? They is no prototype of the jupiter or saturn and even the Mars FPGA looks very shady. If they take your money in August after you have seen the Jupiter/Saturn Prototype and you decide to order and they deliver in September 2013 that is good business practice. But, hey no, they need your money to fund their project.
ecliptic

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 12:17:43 AM

This is what sam told me

I asked
Sam answered:

How to be fair I ask you? They take your money now and wait for 4 months down the road before they delivers? They is no prototype of the jupiter or saturn and even the Mars FPGA looks very shady. If they take your money in August after you have seen the Jupiter/Saturn Prototype and you decide to order and they deliver in September 2013 that is good business practice. But, hey no, they need your money to fund their project.

Money speaks louder than words?
Put your money where your mouth is?

If you think it's a scam, don't put money down.  If you're not sure, act however you feel best.  If you think it's legit, put money down

Avalon worked the same way.  People who took a risk got a unit for much cheaper than people who wanted for it to be confirmed working.  IPOs work the same way.  Basic risk vs reward
retro72

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 12:27:26 AM

This is what sam told me

I asked
Sam answered:

That smells like BS to me.

What if I don't want a Mars? I have to wait behind 1000 people who bought one. Lets face it you would only buy one to get the jump on an asic. If you wanted an FPGA there are a few places you can get one and be running next week.

So we have to take a punt on a mars and hope that eventually, fingers crossed we get a Jupiter. That's bollocks. Not only that, they seem pretty vague on the discount. It says UP TO $2000 not $2000 so how many mars units do I have to buy to get the full $2k discount?

I think we're being led around by the nose here. They never said anything to me about buying a Mars in order to get in the asic queue. When I emailed them yesterday they said this:

"We have your registrations and if the orders are paid for when we open up for payment we don’t see why you can’t be included in the first set of boxes to ship"

Now you're telling me I have to buy an FPGA, before I get in on the first batch. Really? I can get one on ebay thanks. Good luck to anyone buying one of these things.

I may have been born at night but it wasn't last night.
retro72

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 01:04:46 AM

This is what sam told me

I asked
Sam answered:

Money speaks louder than words?
Put your money where your mouth is?

If you think it's a scam, don't put money down.  If you're not sure, act however you feel best.  If you think it's legit, put money down

Avalon worked the same way.  People who took a risk got a unit for much cheaper than people who wanted for it to be confirmed working.  IPOs work the same way.  Basic risk vs reward

Yeah Avalon worked that way and BFL came along and took a huge dump on everyone. Yet some people still haven't learned.

IPO's most certainly do not work that way. I'd hate to see your share portfolio if you buy shares based on the flimsy info and hype you've received so far. You buy into IPO's based on due diligence company history and facts. Not a few contradictory emails.

Look, its not my job to keep you with your money so I'll wish you good luck.

I won't be buying from these guys, if you do, I hope you don't lose your shirt
kevcoins

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:37:30 AM

Here is the link to the video on some of Yifu/Avalon comments on guys attempting or making the 2 generation chip, 28nm etc.. here is the link ( Yifu Guo of Avalon skeptical of Butterfly Labs )  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtVx26LlNXA
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 02:42:24 AM

it looks great, but they MUST set competitive price for it. if it is 24fpga miner (so I expect around 3GH/s, because web description is 48fpga/6GH), nice price mark should be around 1000$ without any vouchers and with included VAT. shipping in 2 weeks max.

1* power consumption of this miner will be really huge, if you compare it with upcoming ASIC based miners
2* there is a lot of guys, which are now selling their FPGA stuff, because need money/BTC for ASIC chips

WTF! are you saying that the mars will be slower now? they better change the price accordingly or i wont be buying anything from them full stop!
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 02:48:20 AM

but i mean of course i want to see them pull this together make some quality products for the community.

Would you get your money back on the Mars unit if you buy in the first batch?
phr33

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 04:29:07 AM

it looks great, but they MUST set competitive price for it. if it is 24fpga miner (so I expect around 3GH/s, because web description is 48fpga/6GH), nice price mark should be around 1000$ without any vouchers and with included VAT. shipping in 2 weeks max.

1* power consumption of this miner will be really huge, if you compare it with upcoming ASIC based miners
2* there is a lot of guys, which are now selling their FPGA stuff, because need money/BTC for ASIC chips

WTF! are you saying that the mars will be slower now? they better change the price accordingly or i wont be buying anything from them full stop!

Hey, stop the panic attack will you?
There is a picture of the Mars prototype on the frontpage https://www.kncminer.com/ (slide to the third picture) and it clearly has 48 chips.

My BTC input: 1GAtPwoTGPQ35y9QugJueum5GzaEzLYjiQ
My GPG ID: B0CCFD4A
kevcoins

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 04:35:51 AM

Hey, stop the panic attack will you?
There is a picture of the Mars prototype on the frontpage https://www.kncminer.com/ (slide to the third picture) and it clearly has 48 chips.

How do you learn your math? 6 chip in each pcb and they are 4 pcb = 24 FPGA Chip, how did you get 48 FPGA Chip.? or you have visual problems, maybe you need your glasses..
xgtele

Activity: 288

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 04:42:37 AM

kevcoins, look at this https://www.kncminer.com/products/mars --they are 2-modules miners
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: