Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:35:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 160 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🌟 ⚡🚀ANN: GATCOIN Blockchain Rewards Program [Presale on 28 October]🌟 ⚡🚀  (Read 51521 times)
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 01:50:30 PM

If a lot of retailers start to want to advertise and reward customer with a token system, gatcoin will become a major actor of crypto world with his platform. All regular brand will use a token system as fidelity and the token can be managed by the gatcoin platform. Im impatient to see the first partnership coming !
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ben_GAT

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 02:05:40 PM

Is the amount of tokens of one of these merchant tokens limited? For examples if they realize that the circulating supply is not high enough, can the shop decides that it wants to get more tokens minted?

I am thinking if there is a way for merchants to abuse this system. If they would issue new coins for them self and sell it, the buyer would eventually use it in their shop so other than this being a marketing move, i dont see if they can abuse it.

The tokens that Gatcoin would issue for their customers would be used for promotional purposes. issuing too many would make no sense, as they would be issued on the customer's expense.

But they may sell them to others on the market in return for different company coupons. if someone can manipulate a company's reward system then it may be a leak point. Would want to know how Gatcoin will tackle those.

Merchants can both create and destroy their Merchant Tokens on the GATCOIN system. If they were to flood the market with their own Merchant Tokens, then it would cause an excess of supply and—as in any economic environment with excess supply—the value of that particular merchant’s Tokens would go down in respect to both GAT Coin and other Merchant Tokens.
batako

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 02:10:54 PM

If a lot of retailers start to want to advertise and reward customer with a token system, gatcoin will become a major actor of crypto world with his platform. All regular brand will use a token system as fidelity and the token can be managed by the gatcoin platform. Im impatient to see the first partnership coming !

The use of merchant tokens as a reward to customers is increasing in the recent days. But they still use the traditional system which is require a lot of efforts. Gatcoin offers the new innovative way to change the old system with the new and better way.
ParRus

Activity: 490
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 02:11:45 PM

I agree with you this system will be useful for users as much as possible. all these discount coupons and gift vouchers will now be in one place. this will simplify everything, GATCOIN will improve digital marketing.
Cauchy

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 02:16:07 PM

I agree with you this system will be useful for users as much as possible. all these discount coupons and gift vouchers will now be in one place. this will simplify everything, GATCOIN will improve digital marketing.

I recently found this thread and have not yet had time to read the wp so mind noob question but is this solution for all types of retailers or are there specific ones like, food, consumer appliances, etc? thanks
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 02:20:54 PM

@Ben_GAT I'd really appreciate if you review my previous post to know if I understood GATCOIN or not Cheesy. And I've a question, GATCOIN ecosystem will start right away on the SSL tech blockchain or isn't ready yet? Because this is another point in your favour if you're gonna be the first one to offer this type of scalability, WavesNG is on the way but Raiden Network have to have an ICO (lol) and lighting network is not here yet

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 02:25:06 PM

I recently found this thread and have not yet had time to read the wp so mind noob question but is this solution for all types of retailers or are there specific ones like, food, consumer appliances, etc? thanks

Don't think that they aim just for a specific group of retailers. It would be great to build up an ecosystem where you really could exchange tokens from what ever retailer to what ever retailer in the end. If I look back, how often have I not used a reward system because I knew I will probably not buy in near future again at a shop. But with an solution like this, you could just exchange your tokens and buy some for a reward system you could have more use of.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
ben_GAT

Activity: 32

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 02:43:50 PM

@Ben_GAT I'd really appreciate if you review my previous post to know if I understood GATCOIN or not Cheesy. And I've a question, GATCOIN ecosystem will start right away on the SSL tech blockchain or isn't ready yet? Because this is another point in your favour if you're gonna be the first one to offer this type of scalability, WavesNG is on the way but Raiden Network have to have an ICO (lol) and lighting network is not here yet

Hi kraterion, sorry to have missed that. Yes, you are exactly correct in how the system would work.  Smiley We have a video which covers the process here:
https://youtu.be/qq0_WVK8lMc

As to your second question, we will be in development until mid-2018. The public launch of the GATCOIN beta platform will be in June 2018 with the official launch of the Wallet and Marketplace in October 2018. The timeline is on page 29 of the white paper found here:
https://www.gatcoin.io/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/170919v2-Whitepaper-EN.pdf

Although there are some other coins in this arena, we have found none which provide the same unified network of merchant rewards on one platform. Additionally, with our partnership with SK Planet Japan, we will launch the platform next year into a network of over 30,000 retail stores, 80,000 restaurants and 60,000 beauty outlets.
myshaka

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 02:46:50 PM

seems interesting
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 02:48:59 PM

I have a question about merchant tokens.

So if they want a side market about their tokens it can put it to exchanges, right?

X brand make a token and people loving it, so a user can put it at least etherdelta to make a profit of it?

Voltaje

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 02:53:36 PM

So if they want a side market about their tokens it can put it to exchanges, right?

X brand make a token and people loving it, so a user can put it at least etherdelta to make a profit of it?

Well, yes, in theory, they could just put their token in an exchange, but because of the nature of the token, almost nobody would like to invest in it, these merchant tokens are not meant to be coins, mostly because you use it to get discount, loyalty point, etc. where would you cash it? etc. besides is an additional cost to put in on exchanges, which the common user don't know how to do, it's better that it remains inside the ecosystem where it will have the best use case Cheesy.
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 03:00:23 PM

The best way - is burn unsold token after ICo. Its would be fair in relation to investors.
tubexc

Activity: 496
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 03:05:04 PM

just took a quick look - This project looks interesting.
it seems GATCOIN team is professional, I wish you success!
Heimer

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 03:08:12 PM

Well, yes, in theory, they could just put their token in an exchange, but because of the nature of the token, almost nobody would like to invest in it, these merchant tokens are not meant to be coins, mostly because you use it to get discount, loyalty point, etc. where would you cash it? etc. besides is an additional cost to put in on exchanges, which the common user don't know how to do, it's better that it remains inside the ecosystem where it will have the best use case Cheesy.
You are wrong my friend. If someone has some loyality points for example from buying wedding suit (this was he's one time expense) and he don't want to use he's points then he will be able to sell them on some exchange and if someone needs new suit or like fance clothes then he will be happy to buy these tokens
GAT_Chris

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2017, 03:10:58 PM

Unsold tokens from the ICO will revert to the GAT Foundation which is independent so I cannot say what their plans will be. However the main purpose of the GAT Foundation is to ensure that the GAT Market remains stable and that GAT Coins remain liquid within the GAT System so they continue to be the currency of the GAT Exchange. So its safe to assume they will not just dump the tokens and dilute the market!

I also hope we hit the hard cap and this question takes care of itself!

Will this GAT Foundation be locked for some time or will it be accessible for all devs right after ICO?
Let say you just hit the soft cap then there will be a lot of unsold tokens in the Foundation... Its not easy to stabilize the market when there is a dump? Could you explain more on how you will stabilize the market?

I personal think this will keep investors away... or they will wait until the last day to see how the ICO is going. If there are a lot of tokens sold they will invest otherwise they will keep away.

Maybe you beter write a good blog post for Whitepaper and website with more info about the Foundation.

It is important to note that the GAT Foundation is seperate from the Dev's, the entire purpose of the GAT Foundation is to be a non profit that ensures the longevity of GAT Coin and the GAT Exchange, so in no way would it ever be in their interest to dump all their GAT Coins at once and ruin the market. It is also important to note that we as the Dev's will not have access to the GAT Coins allocated to the GAT Foundation, so we could not cash in like that even if we wanted to (we don't btw all of us are personally invested in the project and firmly believe in the future of the project).

Your suggestion that we elaborate more on the GAT Foundation, its purpose and its strategy is an excellent one, we will work on that and keep you all updated once it is online!

$20 M USD is really a lot. Why do they need as much? I think it will be very hard to achieve this amounts of funds.

Short answer, we want to do this right, in order or ICO investors to see truly excellent returns on their investment we need to build a bullet proof system, test it extensively set up infrastructure in multiple markets and actively pursue as many merchants as possible to expand the network as soon as possible. To do this we need funds unfortunately we cant build a easy to use interactive marketplace that spans the globe and covers a vast network  overnight and on the cheap  Wink

If you look at section 4.3.1 you will find more information about the use of proceeds and our expansion plan.

https://www.gatcoin.io/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/170919v2-Whitepaper-EN.pdf

At the moment there is no mechanism in place to allow them to take merchant tokens directly to a marketplace. Merchant tokens can be used to purchase goods in store, on line or traded on GAT Marketplace.

It is helpful to view Merchant tokens more like traditional rewards vouchers, not a currency or a stored value card. This is where the value of the GAT Exchange comes in where consumers can take the additional step of monetizing rewards if they wish to and if there is demand for it.

We have an overview presentation https://www.gatcoin.io/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/170928v2-GATCOIN-System-Overview.pdf that explains the system concisely.

Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 03:28:04 PM

I keep reading about SLL here, so I checked out the link in the first post of this announcement and I downloaded the whitepaper to learn more about it.

The web site and the whitepaper have largely the same contents about this subject. The (English) web site is a wall of text without paragraphs and sections. I think it would be a good idea to fix that to improve readability.

So if you want to know more about SLL I recommend reading the whitepaper for now.
GAT_Chris

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2017, 03:31:55 PM

I keep reading about SLL here, so I checked out the link in the first post of this announcement and I downloaded the whitepaper to learn more about it.

The web site and the whitepaper have largely the same contents about this subject. The (English) web site is a wall of text without paragraphs and sections. I think it would be a good idea to fix that to improve readability.

So if you want to know more about SLL I recommend reading the whitepaper for now.

Rigorous, can I ask what browser you viewed the website on? And if you arrived via our splash page www.gatcoin.io as it shouldn't appear as a wall of text in any of the languages!

blo8i

Activity: 960
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 04:03:34 PM

how much raised at token sale?
GAT_Chris

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2017, 04:14:41 PM

Token sale has not started yet. It will go live on the 28th of October. To stay up to date with on new regarding the sale, please register at our site www.gatcoin.io.

magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 04:20:27 PM

Token sale has not started yet. It will go live on the 28th of October. To stay up to date with on new regarding the sale, please register at our site www.gatcoin.io.

But you said about 18 October before? Its a mistake?

The public sale will begin on October 18th and the USD:ETH exchange rate will be fixed 24 hours prior to sale. This first round will issue 33% of all GAT Coins which means 66,666,666 GAT Coins. They will be priced at US$0.20 each.

Second round will issue 66,666,667 GAT Coins priced at US$0.30 each.
Final round will issue 66,666,667 GAT Coins at priced at US$0.40 each.

Is there a subscribe on your site about crowdsale inf. ?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 160 »
  Print  

Jump to: