Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:41:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 160 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🌟 ⚡🚀ANN: GATCOIN Blockchain Rewards Program [Presale on 28 October]🌟 ⚡🚀  (Read 51521 times)
Krackerbush

Activity: 46
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 02:58:13 AM

I like the project and all but there is some information in the whitepaper that is pulled from some very old reports on the transaction speeds of VISA.

Whitepaper
1 According to Professor Wei-Tek Tsai, test results operating on 4 nodes using
IBM 4 x86 processors produced verified transaction speeds of an average of 5,000 transactions
per second (TPS) which is equivalent to average Visa/Mastercard processing speeds.

https://www.informationweek.com/visa-tests-transaction-processing-system/d/d-id/1026381
During the annual weeklong stress test, conducted at an IBM facility outside Washington, D.C., Visa ran the system at a processing load of 6,200 transaction messages per second, a 20% increase over last year's peak on Dec. 24 of 5,200 transaction messages per second. Each card purchase requires about two transaction messages.

https://www.visa.com/blogarchives/us/2013/10/10/stress-test-prepares-visanet-for-the-most-wonderful-time-of-the-year/index.html
After the test is concluded, the VisaNet team determines the best configuration to maintain our higher levels of security and reliability when millions of transactions from all over the world hit the network during the holiday shopping season. As a result, they also come back from Gaithersburg with a number that represents the maximum processing capacity VisaNet can handle, which later is stamped on coffee mugs and distributed to the team involved in the test. This year’s “mug number” – as we like to call it – is 47,000 transaction messages per second, which is a huge step forward from 2012’s peak capacity of 30,000 transaction messages per second!

I didn't have time to look up the current transactions per second capabilities of VISA so don't quote me on this but I vaguely remember hearing Vitalek say they were over 69,000 TPS. The 5,000 TPS capabilities are from 14 years old data. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm no expert in this field. I decided to do a quick search after thinking about Vitalek the Visitor's talk a few months back.

So my question to GATCOIN is, who looked up and verified your whitepaper's numbers?
My next question is.... Is your tech ready to handle the load of the holidays? With November and December comes a tripling of TPS at the minimum.

That is a small typo if anything and in my opinion does not reflect the capabilities of this project as a whole. Nor does it raise any red flags. After reading through the whitepaper again I actually saw the brilliance behind this idea and I am still a supporter. Just thought I'd point this out to see how the team reacts and also to have it brought light by a supporter rather than a trolly nay-sayer.

Interesting, so the peak txs/s for Visa back in 2013 was around 23,500 (because 47,000 tms , 1 tx = 2 transaction messages). Whitepaper says "average", now that you brought up this, I wanna know what's the peak for GAT blockchain

This is something I want to know too. I highly doubt they would reach even half of the capacity they have available in terms of T/PS but I think they should comment or at least change the data in their whitepaper. It's easy to see how they got those numbers. It's not data that is very popular but for some reason when searching it the old, old data pops up and takes over the first page of results.

Chinese, Japanese, who cares what nationality the dev team is? I've asked a real question about the data in the whitepaper four times now. Why can I not get a response. I have been supporting this project and treated the 14 year old data I the whitepaper as a typo. That's a big part of this project and I would like to know why that was overlooked. I'm nowhere near professional in this field and I saw that was very wrong. This team should have seen that and immediately fixed it.

Yeah guys whats really going on here? Why hasnt anybody answered this question? To busy looking for an answer i bet!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Heimer

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 04:58:56 AM

I have heard that WeChat mobile app is so omnipresent in China, it has replaced a lot of standalone apps. It started as a chat app, then it branched out with mobile payments.

Does GATCOIN consider integrating with WeChat?

Very intersting question. When I was in China, alsmost no one dont have facebook, but all people have WeChat  Roll Eyes

they should act fast. it wont take long before facebook buys this wechat and integrates it into his fb messanger app.
No they will not because wechat is from china and supported by their government I think they will not sell it to a country abroad. Chinese people like to use their own products.
Rather, on the contrary, the Chinese will buy Facebook and make it an application for WeChat Grin
that's why I like the Asian market, it's because there are so many people. this region is rapidly developing - people become innovative, sometimes  it's even better than in Europe

Would be great if there was a global exchange, too bad the markets are differents for asia and the rest of the world.
To be honest (I don't want to sound nationalistically) Asian market is totally different than US and EU. Especially Japanese have different culture and shopping habits
You're right, I also think that it's enough to become the best only in the Asian market and in America let the Americans do the project.
I think, enter to American market now is not so easy, the Asian market is more promising, there is where to develop. with good marketing after the launch of the platform will make GATCOIN very popular in this region.
I think the US market will be easier, China's electricity and mobile payment has been very developed
To be honest I'm glad that they are starting with Asian market. Japanese are very open to cryptocurrencies  Smiley
Voltaje

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 05:12:36 AM

I seen, that they have partnership with one more Japanese company - COTOCO  Huh

COTOCO is one of Japan’s leading social gift voucher distributors. COTOCO is a subsidiary of SK Planet Japan. COTOCO manages an extensive gift voucher program with a network of international and local brands.

Yes, they have already partnership with some Japanese companies and are almost ready to launch the product after the ICO in the Asian market, there will be demand for the token very soon, way better from others ICO, where you need to wait for 6 months to a year to get the product to the masses and to really get the token value.
imtiazmahmood

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 05:21:39 AM

COTOCO is one of Japan’s leading social gift voucher distributors. COTOCO is a subsidiary of SK Planet Japan. COTOCO manages an extensive gift voucher program with a network of international and local brands.

Yes, they have already partnership with some Japanese companies and are almost ready to launch the product after the ICO in the Asian market, there will be demand for the token very soon, way better from others ICO, where you need to wait for 6 months to a year to get the product to the masses and to really get the token value.

i think gatcoin is better idea that will be use by self or companies or stores and anyone want. but cotoco is not that kind of process. i will vote for gatcoin.
ubercool

Activity: 1078
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 05:51:23 AM

i think gatcoin is better idea that will be use by self or companies or stores and anyone want. but cotoco is not that kind of process. i will vote for gatcoin.

Well, Gatcoin is better in many ways and I just hope they will be able to manage the crowd because the platform will be filled with diversified shoppers.
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 06:24:45 AM

Well, Gatcoin is better in many ways and I just hope they will be able to manage the crowd because the platform will be filled with diversified shoppers.

Friends, cotoco is SK JAPAN's program. And gatcoin is made a partnership with Sk Japan.

After ico, gatcoin will be implemented to cotoco program. Cotoco program is not our competitor, it will be part of us.

Yasemin

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Become Part of the Mining Family

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 06:39:26 AM

Friends, cotoco is SK JAPAN's program. And gatcoin is made a partnership with Sk Japan.

After ico, gatcoin will be implemented to cotoco program. Cotoco program is not our competitor, it will be part of us.

Yes I already checked their website, https://cotoco.net/ its not in english but you get an idea of how it looks like..

Mystic90

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 06:43:23 AM

Yes I already checked their website, https://cotoco.net/ its not in english but you get an idea of how it looks like..

happy to see GATcoin making partnerships in one of the most crypto friendly nations in the world -> Japan!
that site looks super Japanese to me, i dont know why Cheesy
jonnytracker

Activity: 672
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 06:46:50 AM

yes most ico wants to start a new business, gatcoin wants to jump into a running train ( establised business)  could be big.. will keep on my watchlist
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 07:00:04 AM

yes most ico wants to start a new business, gatcoin wants to jump into a running train ( establised business)  could be big.. will keep on my watchlist

It's a good business plan and probably the way promotions are gonna be done in the future. issue tokens for prizes.

SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 07:12:47 AM

sweet, this is getting more and more interesting nowadays. more and more information are popping up, this is insane.

they partnered with so many companies, and i really think now, that the token will moon soon Smiley
viljy

Activity: 1736
Merit: 857

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 08:19:00 AM

Everyone who still has questons about how the system works should see the System Overview.
Look at how the system will work and be supriced! This is a really good project with a lot of potential to be used all over the world by big companies.

https://www.gatcoin.io/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/170928v2-GATCOIN-System-Overview.pdf

Check it out people!
Be amazed!

A beautiful presentation. With pictures and schemes, the mechanism of the system's operation is explained very easily. And, practically there is nothing super complicated, and therefore it is understandable and accessible to a large number of people.
alphashotgun

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 08:23:47 AM

Everyone who still has questons about how the system works should see the System Overview.
Look at how the system will work and be supriced! This is a really good project with a lot of potential to be used all over the world by big companies.

https://www.gatcoin.io/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/170928v2-GATCOIN-System-Overview.pdf

Check it out people!
Be amazed!

well thank you fiex and indeed i am amazed!
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 08:25:12 AM

Check it out people!
Be amazed!

A beautiful presentation. With pictures and schemes, the mechanism of the system's operation is explained very easily. And, practically there is nothing super complicated, and therefore it is understandable and accessible to a large number of people.

Its quite easy to understand even if you dont go trough all of white paper, thats what i like about Gatcoin. If you have problems understanding the project, less chance there will be you will invest in it. Technical projects sometimes just manage to attract people who are in this business and know the details about it. And that is how you loose potential customers.

Heimer

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 08:31:46 AM

happy to see GATcoin making partnerships in one of the most crypto friendly nations in the world -> Japan!
Yep, this partnership is great thing, it will improve organic growth of this project and value to investors Wink
Elkmar

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 08:32:50 AM

Check it out people!
Be amazed!

well thank you fiex and indeed i am amazed!

The more I look into the project, the more I see the work done by the team and the potential.

I think the results of this ICO will be great.
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 08:47:43 AM

Thats what will make GATCOIN so succesfull in the future.
They will immediatly have an userbase and a lot of business with just one great partnership.

Investors know that if they invest they will get a lot of profit out of this!
niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:00:32 AM

Check it out people!
Be amazed!

Very nice, thanks for sharing this. I've been reading a lot about Gatcoin and their partners, but I missed this presentation  Kiss

After looking at it, it does seem very professional and easy to understand. A + for the devs for making this easy to read. 
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:08:10 AM

So, COTOCO will help them with GAT gift tokens? For which goods this tokens will be using?
toolucky98

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:25:38 AM

I seen, that they have partnership with one more Japanese company - COTOCO  Huh

Japan has the biggest bitcoin share volume too, its about 57.95% .
Very very nice to know that GATcoin will start from japan.
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 160 »
  Print  

Jump to: