Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:01:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinTracking - Profit/Loss Portfolio and Tax Reporting for Digital Currencies  (Read 121808 times)
AussieWayne

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 06:05:04 AM

Dominik
Thank you for responding at last.

I initially sent you an email raising a Ticket re the problems that I was experiencing with trying to re-import the files that I had exported from my Cointracking Practice account.

You asked me to send you my two actual sample files so that you can have a look at them and see what happens when you re-import them into my or your Practice account. I did this several times through the Ticket process and then by email.

So I did what you asked and sent them to you along with an explanation file as well to make it easy and obvious for you. This explanation file showed screenshots of the actual results from exporting the two different files to my laptop and then immediately re-importing them back into Cointracking using the Excel import facility as you advised.

Now the result of my efforts to fully explain to you the problems that I am experiencing re-importing into Cointracking is for you to completely ignore addressing the actual problem that I have raised. Your response here is to not even mention my files or my screenshot explanations which clearly show you the actual incorrect results of the re-importation of both the Trade Table and the Trades List files. 

Instead you attach two "canned" responses of unrelated simple examples of how and what the exported files should show.

I do not have a problem with the EXPORTING of the files from my Practice account. I have sent you these exported files (as you requested) for your inspection BUT I do have a problem with RE-IMPORTING those same files back into Cointracking. This is where the problem lies as is very clearly outlined in my communication and explanatory information that I sent you. Disappointingly this "smoke screen" approach is so very similar to the way that most of my earlier queries have been handled and only serves to obfuscate the truth with very few direct solutions to the actual problem being provided.

With regards to Bitcointalk being a public forum what better place to raise, discuss and solve problems and bugs so that everybody who wants to can access this information now and in the future and draw a benefit from it. This would surely save you a lot of time and effort in having to answer the same repetitive or similar questions posted to you directly via the Cointracking ticket process from many different users where nobody except the person who asks the question potentially benefits from any answers that you may provide.
The underlying strength of the crypto industry itself is that it is built firmly on the foundation of "Open source" and inclusiveness not exclusiveness. This approach welcomes input from interested parties who only add depth and knowledge to the understanding of the project which further serves to refine and improve the underlying asset or product. This is at complete odds to the approach that you are advocating here in carrying out discussions in private behind shuttered Ticketed doorways without the benefit of the broader community being informed collectively.

I want to say something very clearly here and I would appreciate that you do not attempt to twist it around again.
I am on record here and elsewhere having said multiple times that In my opinion Cointracking has the potential to be the leading crypto record keeping software available.
This is providing that the bugs and problems that emerge are rectified in due course. Where Cointracking lacks very badly is in the support that is provided or really is not provided for issues that arise from time to time. And when this support does finally respond it is nearly always in an abstract way that does not address the actual problem at hand. An excellent example of this is your current response to this query of re-importing as I have addressed above. You only respond with a theoretical answer to how something should work on the exporting side but do not take in account the actual evidence placed in front of you that the problem lies in the re-importing side. This is where you then regularly use the "canned" responses to respond. So much so that I have previously asked you politely to stop sending me the same "canned" responses to various questions that I have raised and fully address the problem that has been identified.

So to reiterate for the sake of clarity "I LOVE COINTRACKING.INFO". I am one of it's greatest supporters and only want to see Cointracking improve and evolve on into the future.
So please listen to the genuine feedback and respond meaningfully to it with actual solutions that address the problems in a timely and concise manner and that way we can all benefit.
Cointracking.info can then assume and retain it's preeminent position at the top where it should be.

Thank you
Kind regards
Wayne

PS I have again tried to export and re-import the Trades List Full View and also the Trade Table with the same incorrect results as shown in the files that I have previously sent to you?
I attach those files to the email I have sent you as well as another screenshot explanation for you. Please accept that these problems are actually happening.

Also you advised previously
Attached you will find two sample files exported from the "Enter Coins" page.

The Trade List file that you sent me does not come from the Enter Coins page that I can see??   
Am I correct in my understanding of this or am I missing something ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinTracking Dominik

Activity: 198
Merit: 7

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 09:46:06 AM

Dear CoinTracking User. We would like to inform you about the following changes / improvements:

Updates and Improvements
- With the tax report, you can now deactivate warnings for all empty foreign FIAT purchase pools (to be found in the advanced settings)

- The 'Balance by exchange' now shows the positions and the values for the entered date when using an end date in the filter

- The ETH import now filters special characters out of token names

- The Trezor CSV import now supports the fees
- Fix for the Huobi API import, because Huobi currently only returns the last 2 days
- Optimization for the Coinbase Pro API import since Coinbase Pro uses the same Tx-ID for different transactions in some cases
- Updates for the Luno API import
- Updates for the Bitfinex API import
- Updates for the CoinSpot API import
- Updates and bug fixes for the Bitmax CSV import

- Binance Coin mapping: ONE is now imported as ONE2 and HSR as HC
- Bitfinex Coin mapping: LEO is now imported as LEO2

Crypto tax laws and tax consultants
In cooperation with numerous CPAs, we have published summaries of relevant crypto laws in many countries around the world.

These crypto laws as well as a list of tax consultants who can help with the tax return for crypto currencies can be found here: 'Tax Report' -> 'Tax Information'.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 08:34:05 AM

Dear CoinTracking User. We would like to inform you about the following changes / improvements:

Updates and Improvements
- With the tax report, you can now deactivate warnings for all empty foreign FIAT purchase pools (to be found in the advanced settings)

- The 'Balance by exchange' now shows the positions and the values for the entered date when using an end date in the filter

- The ETH import now filters special characters out of token names

- The Trezor CSV import now supports the fees
- Fix for the Huobi API import, because Huobi currently only returns the last 2 days
- Optimization for the Coinbase Pro API import since Coinbase Pro uses the same Tx-ID for different transactions in some cases
- Updates for the Luno API import
- Updates for the Bitfinex API import
- Updates for the CoinSpot API import
- Updates and bug fixes for the Bitmax CSV import

- Binance Coin mapping: ONE is now imported as ONE2 and HSR as HC
- Bitfinex Coin mapping: LEO is now imported as LEO2

Crypto tax laws and tax consultants
In cooperation with numerous CPAs, we have published summaries of relevant crypto laws in many countries around the world.

These crypto laws as well as a list of tax consultants who can help with the tax return for crypto currencies can be found here: 'Tax Report' -> 'Tax Information'.

Thanks for that update.
Since you guys are in Germany - Regarding what you posted in the "tax information" section on your website (note bolded 2 sentences) for Germany and no bitcoin taxation on purchases:
Also in February 2018, the German Federal Ministry of Finance published guidance on value-added-tax (VAT) treatment of bitcoin and other virtual currencies. It determined that transactions to exchange a traditional currency for bitcoin or other virtual currencies and vice versa constitute the taxable supply of other services for consideration, but fall under the exemption from VAT. It stated that bitcoin or other virtual currencies that are used simply as a means of payment are treated the same as traditional means of payment. Using bitcoin or other virtual currencies for no other purpose than as a means of payment is therefore not taxable. This guidance is in line with the European Court of Justice (ECJ) decision Hedqvist from October 22, 2015.[219] Virtual gaming money, meaning in-game currencies, particularly in online games, is not exempt, because it does not constitute a means of payment within the meaning of VAT law.[220] The Ministry also addressed several follow-up questions regarding the taxation of mining, digital wallets, and online trading platforms.[221]

Does this mean that in Germany, bitcoins can be used to purchase items (e.g. precious metals, cars, houses) are tax free, bitcoin wise?
So, instead of selling bitcoin for a car (taxable), just pay for the car with Bitcoin (not taxable)?

Thank you,
IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
AussieWayne

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 06:21:30 AM

Hello Cointracking are you there???
This is exactly what I have posted about earlier, NO SUPPORT
What is a reasonable time to wait for a reply?
I am still waiting for the answer to my posts from a month ago and two weeks ago but all I hear is silence.
Plus the Ticket direct to Support at CT has been marked as on hold?Huh?
Could you please provide the answers to the queries?
Thank you
Wayne
CoinTracking Dominik

View Profile
July 23, 2019, 06:14:49 AM

Better overview on the Enter Coins page
API and CSV Imports are now combined in one logo on the "Enter Coins" page. API imports now also show the status of the API keys:
- API ON: All keys are set to "automatic"
- API OFF: All keys are set to "manual"
- Part. ON: Multiple keys, some of which are "automatic" and some "manual"
- ERROR: At least one API key is incorrect

Updates and Improvements
- For some users slightly different asset values have been displayed on the "Enter Coins" page than in other reports (Enter Coins -> Edit -> Show Asset Values). This has been fixed.

- All PnL for foreign Fiat currencies can now be deactivated in the advanced settings on the Tax Report page

- Fixed a bug where the wrong time zone was used for some users in the chart on the Tax Report page

- Bitfinex API Deposit fee fix
- Cobinhood API fix
- Asset values are now exported with all JSON and XML exports
- Ticker and Chart fix for ABCC Token (AT)
its-a-me-mario

Activity: 88
Merit: 9

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 12:15:00 AM

Hello,

I need to restore a backup, but I'm unsure of the date format that's used on this screen screen.

In that screenshot there is a backup with the date 06.04.2019

Is that June 4, or April 6?
CoinTracking Dominik

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 07:20:32 PM

Hello,

I need to restore a backup, but I'm unsure of the date format that's used on this screen screen.

In that screenshot there is a backup with the date 06.04.2019

Is that June 4, or April 6?
Hi Mario,
it's April 6th!
Plenty

Activity: 20
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 04, 2019, 11:29:29 PM

I would like to renew my 2 year unlimited subscription by paying with crypto, but your subscription payment option, coinpayments.net has not been working for at least the past two weeks.  I need an option to pay with ETH.  Please quickly fix your payments option.
Andreas_CoinTracking

Activity: 821
Merit: 46

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2019, 08:54:13 AM

@Plenty

Thank you for your message.
Coinpayments is a global provider we rely on and no issues are known there at the moment.

Please open a ticket for more detailed information and to check your account individually:
https://cointracking.info/feedback.php or send a mail to support@cointracking.info
Please provide your CoinTracking username within this ticket or mail.

Thank you in advance.
Dario3000 (OP)

Activity: 760
Merit: 516

CoinTracking - Crypto Portfolio & Tax Management

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2019, 12:12:10 PM

I would like to renew my 2 year unlimited subscription by paying with crypto, but your subscription payment option, coinpayments.net has not been working for at least the past two weeks.  I need an option to pay with ETH.  Please quickly fix your payments option.

Thanks for your info.
coinpayments.net just reported, that the issue has been fixed.

CoinTracking.info - Your Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Calculator for all Digital Currencies
Simply the best way to track your digital assets accurately. Get live data for more than 5000 coins, assets and commodities. Track Gains & Balances from all your exchanges and wallets.
Need help? CoinTracking FAQ
AussieWayne

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 05:23:43 AM

Hello Cointracking Support

I do not know what the problem is but I am still waiting for an answer to my Ticket and email re the re importing of the backup files.
You acknowledged receiving the 2 files that I sent to you back on the 18th June saying

I have received the files and will look at them now.
Thank you!

I am still waiting!
I originally raised this problem back in May and now we are in July August??

I recently tried again to re import both the file of the Trade List Full View export and the Trade Table extended view export and both still give the wrong results following the completed re import. The problems are the same as  I have previously outlined to you.

I note that my Ticket that I submitted re this problem is still marked as ON HOLD with no solution forthcoming,,Why is this?

Could you please provide the answer and solution to this problem.

Thank you
Wayne
LeMond1990

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 08, 2019, 06:58:21 AM

Hi.

New to this site and cointracking in general. I'm undertaking the mammoth task of tracking all trades starting from jan. 2018.

I have imported Binance, Kucoin, Idex and ETH wallet via API.

I read on Cointracking support desk that internal transfer in my ETH wallet is not imported via API. So I downloaded the data in csv via etherscan and tried uploading it via csv import on "enter coin" in Cointracking.
Cointracking won't upload the data, because it lack a timestamp (doesn't fit the template I guess).

What should I do? Enter it manually? or is there an easier way?

Thx in advance
JoeTH

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 09:41:18 AM

Hi....   I recently bought a lifetime licence for CoinTracking.info.  Ever since I first imported all my initial transactions there's been an anomaly that I should like to be rid of.  Initially I bough some small amounts of ETH through https://localethereum.com/.  Anyone familiar with this method will know that the purchase is held in escrow until it is released and therefore there are essentially two fee events.  The first when the transaction is given effect to and then the second once the resultant ETH are released.  I wanted to capture these fees so I included both parts of the transactions.  The problem is that ever since I have been left with the following anomaly:

https://i.ibb.co/thGn82H/Awesome-Screenshot-cointracking-info-balance-by-exchange-php-2019-08-10-4-00.png

What is the easiest method to dispose of this anomaly, as it is causing my balances to be incorrect?

Thanks

CoinTracking Dominik

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 11:31:45 AM
Last edit: August 12, 2019, 11:47:33 AM by CoinTracking Dominik

Hi.

New to this site and cointracking in general. I'm undertaking the mammoth task of tracking all trades starting from jan. 2018.

I have imported Binance, Kucoin, Idex and ETH wallet via API.

I read on Cointracking support desk that internal transfer in my ETH wallet is not imported via API. So I downloaded the data in csv via etherscan and tried uploading it via csv import on "enter coin" in Cointracking.
Cointracking won't upload the data, because it lack a timestamp (doesn't fit the template I guess).

What should I do? Enter it manually? or is there an easier way?

Thx in advance

Hi LeMond1990,

the "CSV Import" (https://cointracking.info/import/import_csv/) is ONLY for CSV files that have been exported via the "Enter Coins" page OR correspond exactly to this format. This is described on the Importer page.
Please try the import via the "Custom Exchange Importer" (https://cointracking.info/import/custom/). If you need help with the settings, please send us a support ticket.
CoinTracking Dominik

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 11:51:26 AM

Hi....   I recently bought a lifetime licence for CoinTracking.info.  Ever since I first imported all my initial transactions there's been an anomaly that I should like to be rid of.  Initially I bough some small amounts of ETH through https://localethereum.com/.  Anyone familiar with this method will know that the purchase is held in escrow until it is released and therefore there are essentially two fee events.  The first when the transaction is given effect to and then the second once the resultant ETH are released.  I wanted to capture these fees so I included both parts of the transactions.  The problem is that ever since I have been left with the following anomaly:

What is the easiest method to dispose of this anomaly, as it is causing my balances to be incorrect?

Thanks

Hi JoeTH,

Please note that the purchase and sale values displayed on CoinTracking already include all fees.
Therefore please check if you have calculated the fees correctly with the final amount.
Further information can be found in the following FAQ article: https://cointracking.freshdesk.com/solution/articles/29000007202-entering-fees/en
CoinTracking Dominik

View Profile
September 03, 2019, 08:48:22 AM

Updates and Improvements
- New API Import for BTC Markets
- Optimization of the Binance and Bitfinex API
- Additional price sources for USD and EUR added "Account -> Account Settings".
- Improved price sources for some Altcoins like VTHO
Zirillian

Activity: 34

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 01:59:36 AM

Is there something wrong with the login system to the website?  I've never had an issue previously, and now I am.

It's saying that my username doesn't have an @ symbol in it where an email address would be required...my username isn't an email address. When I click forgot login and try to use my username + email to retrieve my (not forgotten) password, it says user not found. I've been using the service for over two years...what's the deal?
Dario3000 (OP)

Activity: 760
Merit: 516

CoinTracking - Crypto Portfolio & Tax Management

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2019, 10:00:58 AM

Can you please try it again @Zirillian
Are you sure, you've set up an email address in your account? Otherwise the PW reset function will not work.
In this case, please send us a ticket and we will fix that for you.
Thx

CoinTracking.info - Your Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Calculator for all Digital Currencies
Simply the best way to track your digital assets accurately. Get live data for more than 5000 coins, assets and commodities. Track Gains & Balances from all your exchanges and wallets.
Need help? CoinTracking FAQ
Andreas_CoinTracking

Activity: 821
Merit: 46

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2019, 01:01:59 PM

This FAQ Article might be helpful as well if you have login issues:
"Process of password reset or forgot username"
https://cointracking.freshdesk.com/a/solutions/articles/29000030937
justmyname

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 11:13:36 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2019, 03:17:01 AM by justmyname

Sorry if this has been asked before. What is normally done if some of the exchanges you traded on no longer exist? All I have are emails with withdrawals from a few exchanges? How do you approach this scenario?   Tongue
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 »
  Print  

Jump to: