Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 08:37:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoins are dying  (Read 7952 times)
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:49:10 PM

You mean you invested an Altcoin that is already dead by now?
Not all Altcoins are dying out but some of them are having a hard time getting into the competition including your Altcoin so investing in Altcoin requires luck and also there are very stable Altcoin you can invest while it's not too late.
Bitcoin price is very high but it's not the reason that some Altcoin are murdered. Together with Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Eth, ripple and other top Altcoins' value are also increased.
Investing never requires luck. Gambling is a game of luck. Investing is a game of careful analysis and risk mitigation.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bearex

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 08:06:48 PM

I really hope they are not. I like to think of them as the future and bitcoin as the pioneer. It has shown people blockchain, but other coins (altcoins) have much better use cases.
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 08:13:11 PM

dude how can you invest money which you cant afford into high risk shitcoins with no real value behind.
when a coin with no real longterm potential did 50-100X in a few month I would never ever invest in it. most of altcoins made huge profits for 2016 investors and it was just a matter of time when they want to sell their millions...
also never invest money in something you dont understand 100% and never invest money in high risk stuff you cant afford to lose
No digital currency is going to die and some famous altcoins are definitely not going anywhere. Let’s just look at the past progress of Ethereum, it showed some real progress. Similarly, we have the option of monero, litecoin, neo, waves, ripple which are thought to be capable of doing great. I believe in these altcoins and they will make great achievements with time. At last, it is necessary to understand your digital asset first.
vitja2002

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 08:42:26 PM

Not all Altcoins are dying out but some of them are having a hard time getting into the competition including your Altcoin so investing in Altcoin requires luck and also there are very stable Altcoin you can invest while it's not too late.
Bitcoin price is very high but it's not the reason that some Altcoin are murdered. Together with Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Eth, ripple and other top Altcoins' value are also increased.
Investing never requires luck. Gambling is a game of luck. Investing is a game of careful analysis and risk mitigation.

agree 100% with this, but don't deny that bullish BTC runs and hard forks cause a lot of disruption to alternative currencies.

BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 09:24:11 PM

agree 100% with this, but don't deny that bullish BTC runs and hard forks cause a lot of disruption to alternative currencies.
Of course they do. But short time fluctuations are irrelevant to a savvy investor. They're just part of the ride.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 09:31:10 PM

Of course they do. But short time fluctuations are irrelevant to a savvy investor. They're just part of the ride.

Of course there's still luck involved though..
Roulette is pure gamble. Investing is more like poker, analysis and risk mitigation, but also luck.

You can get lucky and make more money than you expected. But if your losses are any bigger than you accounted for, you're doing it wrong. And most people here don't seem to have any idea how their portfolio will develop over time in different situations... so those are the roulette players.

Also, in poker you will lose if someone is better than you at analyzing risks or gets lucky. With investing, you should never lose.
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 10:40:46 PM

I think why other altcoins are dead because the dev left their coins, or they dont have any project to increase the price of their own coin. Bitcoin is not murdered because other altcoin once bitcoin price increase they also increase because they are base on the bitcoin price. Not all bitcoinb rre die because its only few altcoins die and thats not normal because they have a lot of altcoins as of now.
hiVe

Activity: 254
Merit: 250

https://www.soar.earth/

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:46:36 AM

LOL, don't kill yourself, man! The life is so beautiful! Cheesy. If you have invested in some bad altcoins, now you should sell them immediately and buy BTC or others good coins. Don't worry. Try your best every day, you will not be disappointed!  Grin

▄  ▄
             ▄█▌  ▐█▄
            ███    ███▄
          ▄████    ████▄
        ▄██████▌  ▐██████▄
       ▄████████  ████████▄
      ███████▀▀    ▀▀███████
    ▄███████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
   ▄███████▌   ▀██▀   ▐███████▄
  █████▀▀                ▀▀█████
 ███▀▀      ▄██▄▄▄▄██▄      ▀▀███
▀▀       ▄▄████████████▄▄       ▀▀
    ▄▄▄████████████████████▄▄▄   
▄████████████████████████████████▄

▄██████████████      ▄▄████████▄▄            ▄█▄          ▐█████████████▄ 
▐██▀                ▄███▀▀    ▀▀███▄         ▄███▄         ▐██        ▀▀███
███                ▐██▀          ▀██▌       ▄██▀██▄        ▐██          ▐██▌
▀███▄▄    ▄▄▄▄     ██▌            ▐██      ▄██▀ ▀██▄       ▐██        ▄▄███
  ▀▀▀▀    ▀▀███▄   ██▌            ▐██     ▄██▀   ▀██▄      ▐██    ▄▄█████▀ 
             ███   ▐██▄          ▄██▌    ▄██▀     ▀██▄     ▐██      ▀██▄   
            ▄██▌    ▀███▄▄    ▄▄███▀    ▄██▀       ▀██▄    ▐██        ███  
██████████████▀       ▀▀████████▀▀     ██████████▄  ▀███   ▐██         ▀██▄

World's 1st Fully Democratised
SUPER-MAP Using Drone Content
  / 
   FOR DRONE ENTHUSIAST  

▪ PRIVATE SALE REGISTRATION
  ▪ PUBLIC SALE: Sep 29th 2018

██████████████████            ██████████████████
       ███           ▄███▄           ▐███
       ▀████████████████████████████████▀
               ▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀
                    ▄█████▄
                  ███████████
              ▄▄████▀█████▀████▄▄
            ███▀▀    ▀███▀    ▀▀███
            ▐█         █         █▌
                      ▀█▀

JOIN THE PRESALE             
WHITEPAPER   PRIMER     TELEGRAM
TECHPAPER     TWITTER   MEDIUM

Live Demo
Forbiddenone

Activity: 585
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:00:41 AM

Fork is over and altcoin are recovering to their regular value.i would say invest in token rather than altcoin as majority of altcoin are useless without any project backing up.while token are backed by project and some of the token  are backed by real commodity and they generally buy back it hence give external protection towards your fund.
jakezyrus

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:52:38 AM

Fork is over and altcoin are recovering to their regular value.i would say invest in token rather than altcoin as majority of altcoin are useless without any project backing up.while token are backed by project and some of the token  are backed by real commodity and they generally buy back it hence give external protection towards your fund.

most of the altcoins are not useless and most of them are stabe and highy profitable in terms of investing compared to tokens which is more likey to be a pump and dump scheme and has no real developement at all. and as you see most old altcoins are still  listed on the exchanges even if theres no hype on them or partially loose their fame but not in tokens because they are easily replaced on exchanges if they would loose thier value feven for a short time only.
thanhdong93

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:17:02 AM

All are turning heads, great!
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:32:05 AM

LOL, don't kill yourself, man! The life is so beautiful! Cheesy. If you have invested in some bad altcoins, now you should sell them immediately and buy BTC or others good coins. Don't worry. Try your best every day, you will not be disappointed!  Grin
We cannot become good traders or good at anything we find to do, until the understanding that it takes peaks and bottoms for any market/endeavor to make a headway and things won't always work as planned or expected, but our ability to manage failures, lost, disappointments, etc makes all the difference. We need the right knowledge and skills an open eyes and mind to see the next turn and act accordingly. Life is whatever we make of it, take responsibility!

Right now the market is looking forward to Segwit2x hard fork and the supposed free money that goes with that, is going to be weighing much on the market and that is the exact reason Bitcoin is going to sour much higher before the hard fork.
PPleaseman

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:01:27 AM

Telax and be patient. A lot of altcoins have (in the whitepaper) a usecase. Lets see if the teams can do it
 Almost 90% will fail, but some will do it. I dont think we will see the good altcoins fail till the end of 2018.
Better times will come

Cheers
Freddoe

Activity: 168

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:20:43 AM

It's not BTC killing them but the investors. Many coins drop below ICO prices and for me that's not understandeble, why invest if you are going to give away your coins with a loss. GTake a look at BMC. ICO price was 1$ now it's on 56 cents. Why sell with a loss of 44%?
Still I belive that altcoins will raise and se new highets in 2018. Not all but some. Do your reaserch and pray that you make the right investments.
Cheer up and invest when the price is low.

Good luck

nuskill

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:25:09 AM

It's not BTC killing them but the investors. Many coins drop below ICO prices and for me that's not understandeble, why invest if you are going to give away your coins with a loss. GTake a look at BMC. ICO price was 1$ now it's on 56 cents. Why sell with a loss of 44%?
Still I belive that altcoins will raise and se new highets in 2018. Not all but some. Do your reaserch and pray that you make the right investments.

Good luck

ICOS got to be a big gamble nowadays.
People either want 10x or just go out as soon as possible.

Thats the issue...with all that pre ico bonuses etc. people sell below ico price and are still making profit.
i-synthestech

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:33:34 AM

altcoins are not dying
but cost fluctuations are caused by BTC growing up
now a lot of crypto fans have a nice opportunity to invest in alts
jorneyflair

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:49:16 AM

It's not BTC killing them but the investors. Many coins drop below ICO prices and for me that's not understandeble, why invest if you are going to give away your coins with a loss. GTake a look at BMC. ICO price was 1$ now it's on 56 cents. Why sell with a v of 44%?

Good luck

ICOS got to be a big gamble nowadays.
People either want 10x or just go out as soon as possible.

Thats the issue...with all that pre ico bonuses etc. people sell below ico price and are still making profit.

ICOs are indeed somewhat of a gamble.

But if you have a reliable source of information giving you picks or you are just really good at picking ICOs yourself then you have a very good chance of making money out of investing in ICOs. Just look at all the NXT and ETH investors right now.

Altcoins are definitely not dying though.
Zakhal

I love crypto

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:09:45 AM

I think ICOs are bad for altcoins. People are loosing faith to altcoins because of all the lost money due to ICOs. If the recent Electrneum ICO fails that might send a whole new wave of negative vibes. Many people invested into that one.
Dr0idGuru

Activity: 153
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:32:39 AM

"The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated".   <- Top100 alt coins appreciated more last week than Bitcoin. And it was a good week for Bitcoin. Source: Blockchain Dynamics podcast
keziakusayang

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:53:20 AM

If you say alt coin is suffer for these hard fork of bitcoin i am agree with you. But if you say alt coin dying i will say no...
Some of scam altcoin will be death but not all altcoin. Altcoin make the crypto completed. But alt coin will never beat bitcoin at marketcap. Bitcoin is lime digital gold and alt coin is like digital currencies. Altcoin will fill the weakness of bitcoin in part of time trasactions..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: