Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:46:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoins are dying  (Read 7952 times)
mrjoy15

Activity: 840
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 09:40:09 AM

Altcoins are dying and some will be dead. Bitcoin murdered them and now I want to murder my self.
Whatever that bolded in your comment means, the humour is lost on me. Anyway, I really don't see the death of altcoins as a factor that has do with the bitcoin. Bitcoin is a pioneer crypto and has deep substance with its usage and that is why it's still useful daily. What happens with some altcoins (off course there are good ones) is that they lack substance. These altcoins get dropped after a while because they lack the services they should be providing. Naturally and quite expectedly they get dropped and die off.
If theres already a lost of interest on a certain coin then it is really destined to die for sure we do see lots of shitcoin/dead coins in the market but yet there are still some could able to sustain and still kicking as of these days which arent considered as dead yet.They might decrease on their prices but doesnt mean it would completely die.Theres no need to murder yourself because you did just lost money on investing into altcoins.Its not really worth it at all.  Grin

many coins will die if the volume is low or the ICO deadline coincides with hardfork so many investors do not focus on them.
I disagree with the term bitcoin that kills altcoin, the death of some coins due to market responses and the inability of developers to provide more innovative projects, traders are only concerned with coins that keep moving and not concentrate on currency exchange only. .
Thanks for your explanation. Focus on good points. These forks really make us loose faith in crypto-currency as a whole. Might be, These forks are fantastic way to make money. Don't loose faith.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:42:29 AM

Altcoins are dying and some will be dead. Bitcoin murdered them and now I want to murder my self.
Whatever that bolded in your comment means, the humour is lost on me. Anyway, I really don't see the death of altcoins as a factor that has do with the bitcoin. Bitcoin is a pioneer crypto and has deep substance with its usage and that is why it's still useful daily. What happens with some altcoins (off course there are good ones) is that they lack substance. These altcoins get dropped after a while because they lack the services they should be providing. Naturally and quite expectedly they get dropped and die off.
If theres already a lost of interest on a certain coin then it is really destined to die for sure we do see lots of shitcoin/dead coins in the market but yet there are still some could able to sustain and still kicking as of these days which arent considered as dead yet.They might decrease on their prices but doesnt mean it would completely die.Theres no need to murder yourself because you did just lost money on investing into altcoins.Its not really worth it at all.  Grin

many coins will die if the volume is low or the ICO deadline coincides with hardfork so many investors do not focus on them.
I disagree with the term bitcoin that kills altcoin, the death of some coins due to market responses and the inability of developers to provide more innovative projects, traders are only concerned with coins that keep moving and not concentrate on currency exchange only. .
Thanks for your explanation. Focus on good points. These forks really make us loose faith in crypto-currency as a whole. Might be, These forks are fantastic way to make money. Don't loose faith.
Why would they make you lose faith? It just means that people are actively working on making cryptos better. If anything that seems like a good thing to me.
jorneyflair

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:49:46 AM

This is happening over and over again. It is part of the game, relax, take a beer and hodl Wink

Exactly. Bitcoin went up so naturally, altcoins would go down. There is only so much money in this market and sometimes they do go up together in the same time but there is a chance that alts will plummet when bitcoin goes up, which is exactly what happened this time round.

Just hold whatever coin you have.

If it's a good coin, in the long term, it'll prove its worth.
miguelborges99

Activity: 57
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:59:56 PM

I know bitcoin is having some acceptance in the market ant it is possible to pay with it.
But, which altcoin is having this "success" ?
sonic22

Activity: 144
Merit: 19

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:07:09 PM

I know bitcoin is having some acceptance in the market ant it is possible to pay with it.
But, which altcoin is having this "success" ?

Lots of them, actually. XMR, for example.
HomoHenning

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:25:43 PM

dude how can you invest money which you cant afford into high risk shitcoins with no real value behind.
when a coin with no real longterm potential did 50-100X in a few month I would never ever invest in it. most of altcoins made huge profits for 2016 investors and it was just a matter of time when they want to sell their millions...
also never invest money in something you dont understand 100% and never invest money in high risk stuff you cant afford to lose
nuskill

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:48:33 PM

dude how can you invest money which you cant afford into high risk shitcoins with no real value behind.
when a coin with no real longterm potential did 50-100X in a few month I would never ever invest in it. most of altcoins made huge profits for 2016 investors and it was just a matter of time when they want to sell their millions...
also never invest money in something you dont understand 100% and never invest money in high risk stuff you cant afford to lose

Absolutly agree with that! you always should research your potential investments...before you invest! Or else it is like gambling but not with the typical 50% chances.
The only coin to join in without too much investigation should be Bitcoin but even there you should analyse the market and find a good entry.
BigBoy89
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:53:45 PM

IMO altcoins are not dying at all and even become more and more interesting, offering new features which Bitcoin will never have!

For me they are more interesting than Bitcoin itself.

.AMEPAY.
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
       AMEPAY IEO       
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
   AMEPAY LISTING   
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
sorrysteve1

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:06:47 PM

IMO altcoins are not dying at all and even become more and more interesting, offering new features which Bitcoin will never have!

For me they are more interesting than Bitcoin itself.

I agree, there are so many fantastic and innovative altcoins, they will not die, it's just a normal cycle, in the future they will see better days.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
amaral1977

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:46:03 PM

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH
HODLLLLL.
#1- always keep a fair portion of BTC- for me is 50%!!
#2- if you want alts just well established and alts with a future - 30%. they keep there value in fiat and will gain value in BTC eventually
#3- use the rest to play around. so if you are loosing you don´t cry. Ok babies will always cry. but at least you won´t cry a lot...
#4 - Get some coins that pay dividends or POS or some kind of passive income so you can keep getting some profit even in dark days.

██████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
      ██████████▌▐██████████ 
    ██████ ████▌  ▐████ ██████ 
   ██████  ▐██▀    ▀██▌  ██████ 
  ██████  ▌ █▄▄█  █▄▄█ ▐  ██████ 
 ██████▌ ▐██████  ██████▌ ▐██████ 
 ██████  ███████  ███████  ██████ 
 █████▌  ██▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀██  ▐█████ 
 █████                      █████ 
  █████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████▄▄▄▄▄█████ 
   ████████████▌  ▐████████████ 
    ████████████▌▐████████████ 
      ██████████████████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
            ██████████ 

█████████
█████████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████████
█████████

EXCHANGES 

CREX24GRAVIEXBITEBTC

█████████
█████████
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
█████████
█████████
KluFf

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

Alfa-Enzo: Introducing the First Global Smartmarke

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:55:51 PM

Stick With Ethereum . it is a Stable altoin.
Don't Blame the Altcoins. if you just stick first to bitcoin
you will be happy. and earn a large profit.
but now BTC is back to 5700+$ . so  some of altcoin revive.
specially Ethereum who stick in 290+$ price

......A L F A ─ E N Z O......
\▼/ "Develop, standardize, protect, and promote" the AEF Ecosystem \▼/
...FACEBOOKTWITTERTELEGRAM BOUNTY...
Xprim777
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1170

Icarus team 🔐💳

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 11:34:09 PM

I'm pretty sure that 80-90% of all altcoisn we know today will die during the next years because they are just useless.

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:43:21 PM

Not all altcoins are dying. Shit coins deserve to die, but good coins deserve to live. Price dropping, red days are normal actions in a market. There will always be days when the price of an altcoin will drop significantly especially if bitcoin price surges very high in a short time. And normally, when bitcoin price settles, altcoin come back up.
sonic22

Activity: 144
Merit: 19

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:56:41 PM

I'm pretty sure that 80-90% of all altcoisn we know today will die during the next years because they are just useless.

If things go like they are now soon we'll be discussing same subject about countless BTC forks LOL
black91

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:06:23 PM

I don’t see any reason to panic. These is a temporary situation for sure. Now it looks like really bad because bitcoin is peaking but things will change soon and bitcoin will fall back. If I were you I would buy some alt coins that are on the bottom now.

Thanks for the information.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:10:22 PM

Not all altcoins are dying. Shit coins deserve to die, but good coins deserve to live. Price dropping, red days are normal actions in a market. There will always be days when the price of an altcoin will drop significantly especially if bitcoin price surges very high in a short time. And normally, when bitcoin price settles, altcoin come back up.
There definitely are a few very interesting and promising altcoins. But most will die for sure, they might try to artificially stay alive by marketing but they will probably not create what they promised to.
coinjack1337

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:31:11 PM

I'm pretty sure it's exactly the other way round  Grin

Bitcoin is dying in the Long term - since it's no real product. It was just the first of its kind and hyped by media.
When promising Altcoins are evolving and started to be used by companies and masses of private customers - they will overtake Bitcoin easily.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:32:45 PM

I'm pretty sure it's exactly the other way round  Grin

Bitcoin is dying in the Long term - since it's no real product. It was just the first of its kind and hyped by media.
When promising Altcoins are evolving and started to be used by companies and masses of private customers - they will overtake Bitcoin easily.
Bitcoin is a real product though. If you think otherwise you should study it in more detail. There are only two realistic scenarios that could make Bitcoin either disappear or lose its place at the top, but we're nowhere close to seeing either of them taking place.
ArminH

Activity: 219
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:40:06 PM

Current altcoin low is just due to the 2 BTC hard forks in a short time.
If you do not even understand those basics, you should definitely not invest in the crypto market at all.
kaloloy

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:23:56 PM

You mean you invested an Altcoin that is already dead by now?
Not all Altcoins are dying out but some of them are having a hard time getting into the competition including your Altcoin so investing in Altcoin requires luck and also there are very stable Altcoin you can invest while it's not too late.
Bitcoin price is very high but it's not the reason that some Altcoin are murdered. Together with Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Eth, ripple and other top Altcoins' value are also increased.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: