Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:52:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoins are dying  (Read 7952 times)
ankylotic

Activity: 477
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:08:50 AM

Altcoins are dying and some will be dead. Bitcoin murdered them and now I want to murder my self.

The future of an altcoin depends on the community itself. If the community of an altcoin is alive, then the altcoin is alive as well. The community I am saying is the investor and the user of an altcoin. If the investor is always investing on the altxoin and the uaer are too loyal to use this altcoin then the life on altcoin will never die.
I Think there is a huge impact of the price of bitcoin on the altcoin because we have seen that when ever the price of the bitcoin rises the price of the altcoin ultimately falls. But yeah it is a severe truth that  bitcoin and most altcoins are completely separate things that don't compete with each other at all. So Bitcoin can't possible "kill" them but yes up and down of the coins are the part of the game so, don't worry on them.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jingyang

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:41:51 PM

bitcoin really ruined the market, Maybe something like this is good for us.
made it easier for us to find quality projects

▬▬▬▬▬      ▬     iCumulate         Investing in the future together           ▬      ▬▬▬▬▬
WHITEPAPER  ]     ████     PRESALE  /  Nov 30th - Dec 7th     ████     [   ONE PAGER   ]
▬      ▬▬▬▬▬     Twitter     ●     Facebook     ●     Telegram     ●     Medium     ▬▬▬▬▬      ▬
Capradina

Activity: 756
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:20:21 PM

Altcoins are dying and some will be dead. Bitcoin murdered them and now I want to murder my self.
First of all take those thought of damaging yourself out of your head, now bitcoin is not killing altcoins, we come from period in which altcoins grew at a faster pace than bitcoin and now we are in the opposite cycle now bitcoin is growing faster than altcoins, at some point this tendency is going to reverse and instead of getting threads like this we are going to get threads claiming the death of bitcoin.

One of the things that we do have to do is look at all the things that exist, because if we just act susai Word or outstanding issues I am sure most we do is a huge mistake or it could be said that we will only get the regret of the step. So, if you want to get an advantage then a major step is look at all the things well and never minded the negative.as well as the analysis is the most important thing for us to do, otherwise it will all end in a big loss. Cause analysis helps us in looking at all the things well.

xenomorphe1

Activity: 798

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:28:50 PM

Bitcoin is more than 6300 USD...
rickyleatham

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

Get your share of the future

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:38:11 PM

i dont think altcoins is dying, recently, altcoins price has dropped drastically, however most of people still using altcoins for trading, so i dont think altcoin is going to die, they just drop temporary and will rise back again in the future.

winteriscoming91

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:47:17 PM

Lolol hold on dude we in the same boat. The waves are rocky right now but the boat has not tipped over yet. Lets wait a week or two and see if alts dont do a recovery dance real quick. That will give you indication if you are

truly in a sinking ship or just a rocky one at the moment. Time will tell all Smiley

Such news are making newbie little worry. Still hoping for the best.

trk

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:05:13 PM

No it is not dying, people just want to get on btc train because of hardfork
They dump their alt to get BTG and perhaps B2X later
Once BTC stabilizes, alts will skyrocket back to its original value

Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1020

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:54:54 PM

Lolol hold on dude we in the same boat. The waves are rocky right now but the boat has not tipped over yet. Lets wait a week or two and see if alts dont do a recovery dance real quick. That will give you indication if you are

truly in a sinking ship or just a rocky one at the moment. Time will tell all Smiley

Such news are making newbie little worry. Still hoping for the best.
If you do let yourself easily believe into those fuds then you will surely lose up money or on negatives. Price decrease do normally happens on cryptoworld which you shouldnt really be surprised. Once you do see on negative price on your portfolio then dont panic and just let those price move whatever they want because in the end those will really recover and dont ever make some cut loss.

Legendary / Hero Member

EPSILOAN ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ███████
███████ ▄    ███     ███████
███████ █▄    █ █    ███████
███████ ██▄    ██    ███████
███████ ███▄  ███    ███████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:57:39 PM

despite altcoins price has dropped recently, many people are changing into bitcoin, but many people still keep using altcoins for transactions, so as long as altcoins still be used by us, altcoins will never die.
It depends on the altcoin being used. Some are actually coming up with good projects that would make them to be used and stay relevant in the community and if this can keep going on for them with some pretty big developments for them over time, then they surely cannot die.

But if you look at the market today, some of the altcoins dev have even dropped theirs and the few people holding are just stucked with a shit coin and no one to buy making it worthless, those sort of coins are dead!
randythered

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:17:45 PM

No it is not dying, people just want to get on btc train because of hardfork
They dump their alt to get BTG and perhaps B2X later
Once BTC stabilizes, alts will skyrocket back to its original value

I agree with all of this apart from alts returning to their original value, of course many will but many will remain at lower values and certainly almost all will remain at lower values in terms of btc/altcoin price.

BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:27:53 PM

despite altcoins price has dropped recently, many people are changing into bitcoin, but many people still keep using altcoins for transactions, so as long as altcoins still be used by us, altcoins will never die.
It depends on the altcoin being used. Some are actually coming up with good projects that would make them to be used and stay relevant in the community and if this can keep going on for them with some pretty big developments for them over time, then they surely cannot die.

But if you look at the market today, some of the altcoins dev have even dropped theirs and the few people holding are just stucked with a shit coin and no one to buy making it worthless, those sort of coins are dead!
Lots of coins without any real utility beyond speculation around too... I'm surprised they even manage to gain any grounds withouth offering anything in return. Sure resembles Kickstarter and Gofundme "projects" that just collect money without giving anything back for it.
nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:28:39 PM

But why? What exactly happened?
If you bought your alts even when the price of Bitcoin was near to 1000, then your altcoins must still be worth the same or even more in terms of USD if they are not down more than 6 times. I know that most of the altcoins have been dumped down to hell but just wait for Bitcoin to stabilize as when it does, alts start to rise back. Don't worry too much about the current situation, think of the future and don't commit stupid decisions. Bitcoin is here to let us live, and live freely, so stop being a coward and live.
surfinonmyownwavebaby

Activity: 252
Merit: 104

Decentralized Ecosystem for User-Generated Content

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:50:02 PM

I feel how you feel I am 75%+ in alt coins and this massive surge has taken a huge toll on my overall BTC value. But if one thing is keeping me optimistic is that the market goes through cycles and when this bear run is over

and another bull run hits that should be good enough to undue the losses in BTC...or so I hope.

R E O S         [   A BLOCKCHAIN-BASED ECOSYSTEM FOR USER-GENERATED CONTENT   ]     JOIN NOW!
Introducing REOSchain™   |  The blockchain that digs out the true value of social media content

WHITEPAPER                    TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                     LINKEDIN                     GITHUB
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:41:34 PM

I feel how you feel I am 75%+ in alt coins and this massive surge has taken a huge toll on my overall BTC value. But if one thing is keeping me optimistic is that the market goes through cycles and when this bear run is over

and another bull run hits that should be good enough to undue the losses in BTC...or so I hope.
Depends on what coins you've picked. If you chose realistic projects with promising real-world revenue you can just sit back and hodl. Otherwise you might have some trouble a few bull runs in.
ene1980

Activity: 2002
Merit: 535

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:33:40 PM

With the price of bitcoin rising like this,people tend to dump the rest of the alt coins and join the band wagon and so is the reason the entire market is going down,but there is nothing to worry if you have invested in good projects and coins and i would say this is the best opportunity to buy these coins as i am sure the alt coin market will recover.
DarkGoddess

Activity: 224

Stars can't shine without darkness.

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:31:13 PM

With the price of bitcoin rising like this,people tend to dump the rest of the alt coins and join the band wagon and so is the reason the entire market is going down,but there is nothing to worry if you have invested in good projects and coins and i would say this is the best opportunity to buy these coins as i am sure the alt coin market will recover.

I start to disagree with you, many new coins have scammer dev, suddenly 1 sat if very expensive. Think about a year ago. I can see that more alts will trade in eth and doge market.

I Would Rather Get Lost By Making My Way Than Following One's Path And Lose Myself.
Pfizer

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:36:58 PM

Lots of coins without any real utility beyond speculation around too... I'm surprised they even manage to gain any grounds withouth offering anything in return. Sure resembles Kickstarter and Gofundme "projects" that just collect money without giving anything back for it.

I was stayin away from altcoins, and I see how I was doing well about this. If I got them 3 months ago, I would have huge amount of loss in terms of bitcoin and ETH. This is very bad and they won't recover their loss in the near future, it seems.
walonek

Activity: 149

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:37:47 PM

Most dead is one of biggest -> XMR. Skeleton to the core. No rise in BTC for over 1 year. Look and compare with other alts. Even the XMR thread is fullfilled with belivers, priests and prayers to XMR god cause they are hodlers for the whole ALTcoin BUBBLE and the noMore/ShortMeMore missed it all. Bouncing in the range of 0.01 - 0.03 for over 1 year with 1 big jump at the begining of september 2016. Thats all. Biggest crypto which looses since then value in BTC.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:40:27 PM

I was stayin away from altcoins, and I see how I was doing well about this. If I got them 3 months ago, I would have huge amount of loss in terms of bitcoin and ETH. This is very bad and they won't recover their loss in the near future, it seems.
I'm always in for the long ride anyways. A couple of months mean nothing when it comes to investing, so I don't really care even if one of my purchases dropped 60%. But so far I always managed to buy in without reversals, because I avoided any and every asset that was already pumped any more than its potential revenue accounts for.
walonek

Activity: 149

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:44:26 PM

OFC. LOL 60% is not lost until you sell. You can sell with gain in next few years. Meanwhile your fellows will drive new Bugatti and live in a huge nice house while you hodl your alts beliving they will someday rise and they will and AGAIN you will sleepover the sell time. For years living in small flat driving 10 year old honda... Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: