Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:55:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ixcoin TODO  (Read 631710 times)
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 03:18:25 AM

it would be wise for ixcoin developers to apply these patches in a build:

* https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/3651
* https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/3654

this will protect ixcoin users from problems if the transaction malleability griefers turn their attention to altcoins.

Smart move, brother.  Let's make iXcoin the smarter Twin brother.  lol.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Dexter44

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:54:27 AM

On ebay uk you can buy several virtual coins but ixcoin. You know, it's seems silly because we are talking of something not physically existing, but the one I have the instinct to buy is the one with a nice 3D elaborate image.

We need it: a final (gold and silver??) 3D image of ixcoin. After all: is it not the twin brother of the golden one?

Is anybody here skilled enough to make a 3D image? LukeConnell team?
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 06:14:59 AM

On ebay uk you can buy several virtual coins but ixcoin. You know, it's seems silly because we are talking of something not physically existing, but the one I have the instinct to buy is the one with a nice 3D elaborate image.

We need it: a final (gold and silver??) 3D image of ixcoin. After all: is it not the twin brother of the golden one?

You're right.  People are used to buying something they can see.  Even if it's virtual, a beautiful and realistic image can really help.

And I too think it's odd you can buy totally worthless coins on eBay but not 1 single iXcoin.  Very odd given there's 18 million coins out there....somewhere.

tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:24:35 AM

You're right.  People are used to buying something they can see.  Even if it's virtual, a beautiful and realistic image can really help.

And I too think it's odd you can buy totally worthless coins on eBay but not 1 single iXcoin.  Very odd given there's 18 million coins out there....somewhere.

maybe 50% of all IX have been lost
Vivisector999

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:30:47 AM

I would definitely ditch those American IXC slogans.  You want to appeal to the world, and that is totally the wrong way to do it.

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 07:24:31 AM

I would definitely ditch those American IXC slogans.  You want to appeal to the world, and that is totally the wrong way to do it.

Good observation.

Well, it doesn't hurt to have them stateside.

But I agree I wouldn't put them on the main website.  Like all global brands, the images and commercials are tweaked to better appeal to that particular demographics.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 07:26:01 AM

You're right.  People are used to buying something they can see.  Even if it's virtual, a beautiful and realistic image can really help.

And I too think it's odd you can buy totally worthless coins on eBay but not 1 single iXcoin.  Very odd given there's 18 million coins out there....somewhere.

50%?

Is that even possible?  BTC has been around longer and I doubt they've lost more than 10%.

How could 50% be lost, what makes you come up with that number and how can we find out?

TIA

tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:28:35 AM

50%?

Is that even possible?  BTC has been around longer and I doubt they've lost more than 10%.

How could 50% be lost, what makes you come up with that number and how can we find out?

TIA

That number was a joke, but i think the amount of IX lost would be higher then BTC. Due to it never being famous, people may have just disregarded their IX all together because of the bitcoins booms and IX's lack of.

You never know though, just a thought.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 07:45:44 AM

TK808,

Interesting point.  Very possible.

Is there anyway to find out the total amount of iXcoins out there?  Cause deleted coins probably won't show up so then we may be able to figure out how much has been lost.

It would also be nice to see how many large holders we have. 

Dexter44

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:34:59 AM
Last edit: February 12, 2014, 08:54:14 AM by Dexter44

I give you my theory. The main pool is ghash.io.

According to this statement:

https://support.cex.io/entries/40043388-Phone-verification-and-2FA

They have over 100,000 cex.io users. Let's suppose each of them, on average, have something like 90 IXC in his online wallet, worth on average less then 10 $, it means:

100,000 * 90 = 9,000,000

If we add other 10 big holders having between 420,000 (2%) and 840,000 (4%) = 6,000,000

Plus an other 200 "small" holders having between 10,500 (0,05%) and 63,000 (0,3%) = 3,000,000

It means 50% of the coins have been simply forgotten by the holders, now progressively collected by cex.io in exchange of gh/s. An other 40% is in the hands of holders, big and small. The remaining 10% is what you see on the exchanges.

Conclusion: without cex.io's unaware holders, at least 50% of the coins are like lost, or unused.
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:37:24 AM

They have over 100,000 cex.io users. Let's suppose each of them, on average, have something like 90 IXC in his online wallet, worth on average less then 10 $, it means:

100,000 * 90 = 9,000,000

If we add other 10 big holders having between 420,000 (2%) and 840,000 (4%) = 6,000,000

Plus an other 200 "small" holders having between 10,500 (0,05%) and 63,000 (0,3%) = 3,000,000

It means 50% of the coins have been simply forgotten by the holders, now progressively collected by cex.io in exchange of gh/s. An other 40% is in the hands of holders, big and small. The remaining 10% is what you see on the exchanges.

Conclusion: without cex.io's unaware holders, at least 50% of the coin are like lost, or unused.

don't forget bitparking, we may be small but we ROCK.

Grin

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
sakkosekk

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:56:39 AM

Good observation.

But I agree I wouldn't put them on the main website.  Like all global brands, the images and commercials are tweaked to better appeal to that particular demographics.

Might this be different for Cryptos? Life of most brands; domestic -> international -> global. Bitcoin(and most other cryptos) were global the day they launched. On top of that we want to be more like Dollar than PayPal. 
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 09:00:52 AM

100,000 * 90 = 9,000,000

Conclusion: without cex.io's unaware holders, at least 50% of the coins are like lost, or unused.

That's a solid theory and it explains why there's never any big sellers.

So the CEX wallets, those belong to the individuals, right?  Are all 100,000 accounts merge mining?

What about bitparking, they merge mined for a long time.

This is what I was trying to say. It would appear that iXcoin has well over 100,000 shareholders, holding more than half of the total coin supply.

This is a best case scenario which brings long term stability to a coin.

And this is the kind of distribution which has a massive synergistic effect in lifting up the colonists or colonies.

Over 100,000 holders versus a few thousand for BTC.  iXcoin keeps getting better and better the more you look at it.  There really is no coin with these stats out there.  

This distribution advantage should be somewhere on the website cause it's yet one more thing no other coin can match.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 09:02:43 AM

Good observation.

Might this be different for Cryptos? Life of most brands; domestic -> international -> global. Bitcoin(and most other cryptos) were global the day they launched. On top of that we want to be more like Dollar than PayPal. 

Excellent point.  I'll delete the patriotic designs.

iampingu

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 09:20:37 AM

There may be a lot of coins in cex.io but you can bet, that when we go big, that they'll come running.
sakkosekk

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 09:22:02 AM

Good observation.

Excellent point.  I'll delete the patriotic designs.

I studied branding & communication and besides the security aspect of cryptos, this is the most interesting thing. Going the complete opposite way, global -> domestic. It is so easy to communicate the wrong message and at the same time being oblivious to it when you are the stranger.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:47:09 AM

Good observation.

With the internet we don't have the liberty of being able to tweak messages for local demographics.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:48:11 AM

You're right.  People are used to buying something they can see.  Even if it's virtual, a beautiful and realistic image can really help.

And I too think it's odd you can buy totally worthless coins on eBay but not 1 single iXcoin.  Very odd given there's 18 million coins out there....somewhere.

You should be spending your time selling on eBay.  We already sent out instructions on how to do so via CEX.IO so it is safer.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:49:11 AM

I agree that it is likely that a big percentage of IX have been lost.  

Not only that, ever since merge mining started at block 45,000 the coins were dispersed more evenly among the miners.

Only approximately 4.3 million coins were mined prior to merge mining.  

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:53:58 AM

100,000 * 90 = 9,000,000

That's a solid theory and it explains why there's never any big sellers.

So the CEX wallets, those belong to the individuals, right?  Are all 100,000 accounts merge mining?

What about bitparking, they merge mined for a long time.

This is what I was trying to say. It would appear that iXcoin has well over 100,000 shareholders, holding more than half of the total coin supply.

This is a best case scenario which brings long term stability to a coin.

And this is the kind of distribution which has a massive synergistic effect in lifting up the colonists or colonies.

Over 100,000 holders versus a few thousand for BTC.  iXcoin keeps getting better and better the more you look at it.  There really is no coin with these stats out there.  

This distribution advantage should be somewhere on the website cause it's yet one more thing no other coin can match.

The other plausible reason why IXC is never ever pumped is that nobody can accumulate enough to make it worth their while to pump it.

Unlike new coins where people can get coins next to nothing,  there is a large incentive to make the gamble to pump the coin.

By contrast,  there is no way to get IXC in mass quantities without buying them on the open market.  But just a 1% buy of 200,000 coins will double and triple the price immediately.   

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 316 »
  Print  

Jump to: