Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 04:59:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ixcoin TODO  (Read 631710 times)
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 12:58:57 AM

I start thinking the only way to beat all these circulating 5HlT Coins is this:

- give real circulation to the coin: people must feel the need to exchange this coin on their phone, small amounts: exchange favours and small services. This would give stability to the coin, exchanged for real services, not for speculation. The coin would not be easily influenced by news about someone going to prison or a nation banning the coin.

Any idea? A viral app on android/ios? iBarter?

That's what our Brilliant Luke is working on.  Some first in the world SMS APP.

But I don't get how IXC will be secure via SMS.

But can you imagine the synergy?  It would make bitcoin look archaic, slow and old.

Imagine sending any amount of money as easy as sending an SMS.  But that's a huge task as security is a big issue.  How can you enable such easy transfers while keeping your xCoins safe from hackers or from being lost?

I would love to hear more about this from Luke or Friction cause such an app would top anything done so far by this dev team.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 03:00:43 AM

Looks like Luke finished the education tab.

We're almost there.  Maybe a few more days.

RobFordWotWot

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

time

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:07:15 AM

We're almost there.  Maybe a few more days.

Yeah Luke finished the Education Tab... that's why it says pending under the top two videos.

PS this phrase needs a period and another comma.

"To know iXcoin is to know Money, Banking and Bitcoin"

Also that phrase is kind of strange sounding to me.

I'm guessing this has been considered but if this is meant to be a true competitor to Bitcoin eventually it'll need an Ixc/USD exchange to drive up the price as a competitor instead of a subdivision of BTC.

SMS payments are great, smartphones will become the new wallet of the 21st century somewhere down the line.

Horses in midstream.
Dexter44

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:09:58 AM

I'm guessing this has been considered but if this is meant to be a true competitor to Bitcoin eventually it'll need an Ixc/USD exchange to drive up the price as a competitor instead of a subdivision of BTC.

Excellent point Rob, any idea how to get there? Anybody reading interested in the project?
RobFordWotWot

time

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:23:25 AM

Excellent point Rob, any idea how to get there? Anybody reading interested in the project?

I'm interested in the project, I think it has the capacity to pull through despite the weak showings. At the end of the day BTC is only a method to transfer funds, just because it's the standard now doesn't mean it has to be the sole standard forever. Especially with the negative publicity surrounding the instability of BTC and its relations to illegal activity, a well branded (completely mined) coin could reach a whole new demographic with proper advertising.

As for getting to where Ixc can be exchanged directly for fiat, I have no clue on specifics. I think there are a few anti-money laundering laws any exchange like that would have to follow. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If it's going to be a major value store coin - this may not be as pertinent - but one big bridge some fledgling crypto needs to cross is marketing itself to technologically illiterate people.

If the dev-team follows through on all the services this site promises, it gets even one exchange working with fiat, and it breaks at least one headline.. It could be a sleep hit in a major way.

I'm interested in the project and watching its development.

One more comment: The Pump and Dump video is great on the Ixcoin channel but in the long run I could see that hurting consumer confidence (if you're shooting for a mass market).

However, with the professional impression Ix is giving off, that video could attract a different sort of market... say.... people who know how everything works.

There's a lot of money to be made as the American Empire is undergoing this metamorphosis by convincing people with deep pockets this is a future-proof reserve system that is Bitcoin on speed.

I like the Dark Ixcoin Logo with the Red text because I think it sends the message that Ix hasn't come to take sides but to take the market by storm.

Horses in midstream.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 07:26:56 AM

Yeah Luke finished the Education Tab... that's why it says pending under the top two videos.

SMS payments are great, smartphones will become the new wallet of the 21st century somewhere down the line.

No comma needed before the and and no period either as it's not a formal sentence but rather a phrase.

Luke knows what he's doing, you can tell a lot of thought has gone into the site.

IXC/USD will come but right now that's difficult as any exchange which deals in USD needs a money transmitter license and that takes a while as all 50 states need to be licensed.

Finally, advertising IXC as BTC's twin makes it clear it's just like it and not some subsidiary, most coins are quoted in BTC and not USD.  That's gonna change this year as exchanges get licensed in the US and abroad.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 07:29:16 AM

It's not a project.   All major exchanges are working on adding USD. It takes time - about 1 year and $1 million as all US states need to be licensed.

Western Union wanted to make it difficult for anyone to ever challenge them.  To transfer money in any one state one needs a money transmitter license in all 50 states.  Pretty absurd.  It will come mid-year as most started last year.

RobFordWotWot

time

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:40:35 AM

It's not a project.   All major exchanges are working on adding USD. It takes time - about 1 year and $1 million as all US states need to be licensed.

Western Union wanted to make it difficult for anyone to ever challenge them.  To transfer money in any one state one needs a money transmitter license in all 50 states.  Pretty absurd.  It will come mid-year as most started last year.

Well I never was one for grammar, hah.

Is there an effort underway to get Ix valued per USD behind the scenes? I'm guessing yes. If a whole host of exchanges get licensed it might happen to coins without intention behind any particular dev.  All I'm saying is that is the essential factor for any coin to break the BTC standard.

Horses in midstream.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 07:41:46 AM

iXcoin's network hash rate has skyrocketed to 17 Peta Hash.

I'm gonna update my signature line. 

Coins like doge, LTC and every other coin besides 2 other coins will never see this kind of network security.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 07:44:28 AM

That sounds like a very clever way to do it but I hope there's some ingenious way to cut down on the steps required as most people are not computer literate and when they look at such a drawn out approach they will simply ignore it.

I'm really curious to see what Luke will come up with.  I'm incredibly excited and can hardly wait cause so far he has far exceeded my expectations which is a pretty rare thing.

Dexter44

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:00:30 AM

What's the difference if the exchange is established in Australia, or other countries, for example Slovenia (like Bitstamp), Bulgaria (like BTC-e) or .... Romania.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 08:15:45 AM

What's the difference if the exchange is established in Australia, or other countries, for example Slovenia (like Bitstamp), Bulgaria (like BTC-e) or .... Romania.

I'm not sure what you're asking.

No difference other than Eastern Bloc countries are full of hackers and scammers.  But so far the exchanges in those countries have done well so that gives me hope.  But if I had to choose I would put my money in a US, UK or Australian exchange before one in say Russia or Romania.  Better safe than sorry.

RobFordWotWot

time

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:22:55 AM

That sounds like a very clever way to do it but I hope there's some ingenious way to cut down on the steps required as most people are not computer literate and when they look at such a drawn out approach they will simply ignore it.

I'm really curious to see what Luke will come up with.  I'm incredibly excited and can hardly wait cause so far he has far exceeded my expectations which is a pretty rare thing.

Smart Phones are becoming the new computer illiterate tech. Even grandparents have smart-phones now. The problem with technology capturing older demographics has always been the mentality: "I don't need it if I've never had it." That's starting to die down as user friendliness is ever increasing. (and people are dying, sorry old people)

Mobile payments are the only way a  mass adoption system could function. - Stating the obvious but, y'know.

Perhaps the app could circumvent the wallet address somehow? People who don't get cryptography on any level might be turned off by the long strings of numbers. A fluid system for processing payments between ID's - real names/account names linked to the wallets would be a lot more approachable for a general consumer.

Not that big of an idea in the grand scheme, but an important one nonetheless.  

Horses in midstream.
Dexter44

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:36:23 AM

I think what Rob says is very important. I think we should start in the simplest way, establishing the exchange where it's more quick and convenient. When the value of the coin is higher, then you can take 1 million out of your pocket. But Vlad, you have to be already a millionaire to do it.
My point is: we should choose a pattern, a shortcut, very much different from BTC: a totally different approach, growing from the lower parts of the global society, not from the higher ones. An approach able to move a person to spend 1 dollar to get 10 IXC and use them, in his daily life, because it is easier, safer, quicker, and it's an inflation protected investment, because it's funny. We need an approach hitting the market of the youths ready to spend a few dollars to get something funny and trendy, and because they are open minded.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 08:41:28 AM

I'm really curious to see what Luke will come up with.  I'm incredibly excited and can hardly wait cause so far he has far exceeded my expectations which is a pretty rare thing.

Smart Phones are becoming the new computer illiterate tech. Even grandparents have smart-phones now. The problem with technology capturing older demographics has always been the mentality: "I don't need it if I've never had it." That's starting to die down as user friendliness is ever increasing. (and people are dying, sorry old people)

Mobile payments are the only way a  mass adoption system could function. - Stating the obvious but, y'know.

Perhaps the app could circumvent the wallet address somehow? People who don't get cryptography on any level might be turned off by the long strings of numbers. A fluid system for processing payments between ID's - real names/account names linked to the wallets would be a lot more approachable for a general consumer.

Not that big of an idea in the grand scheme, but an important one nonetheless.  

You make and excellent point and suggestion.  Hopefully this is something Luke has been working on.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 08:43:08 AM

I think what Rob says is very important. I think we should start in the simplest way, establishing the exchange where it's more quick and convenient. When the value of the coin is higher, then you can take 1 million out of your pocket. But Vlad, you have to be already a millionaire to do it.
My point is: we should choose a pattern, a shortcut, very much different from BTC: a totally different approach, growing from the lower parts of the global society, not from the higher ones. An approach able to move a person to spend 1 dollar to get 10 IXC and use them, in his daily life, because it is easier, safer, quicker, and it's an inflation protected investment, because it's funny. We need an approach hitting the market of the youths ready to spend a few dollars to get something funny and trendy, and because they are open minded.

Hopefully the SMS App Luke is working on will make this very simple and easy to do.  Then we will see people using IXC for everyday things.

raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:46:40 AM

my windows wallet died.

I restarted my laptop and when I tried to load the wallet again, all it gives is numerous runtime errors.
i'm losing faith in ixcoin.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
lukeconnell

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 10:08:07 AM

No difference other than Eastern Bloc countries are full of hackers and scammers.  But so far the exchanges in those countries have done well so that gives me hope.  But if I had to choose I would put my money in a US, UK or Australian exchange before one in say Russia or Romania.  Better safe than sorry.

Hi everyone,

The regulatory, policy, compliance and political environments are usually different in each country. Two compliance requirements of operating an exchange anywhere will be AML/CTF (Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Rules) and the other being taxation requirements.

Setting up a USD/IXC exchange is fundamental to IXC moving forward. In saying that Cryptsy is currently working on accepting USD and once that happens they will likely make it convertible with most of the altcoins on the site.

I'm currently investigating the feasibility of establishing a legally compliant exchange in Australia.

Regards, Luke.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 11:17:46 AM

Hi everyone,

The regulatory, policy, compliance and political environments are usually different in each country. Two compliance requirements of operating an exchange anywhere will be AML/CTF (Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Rules) and the other being taxation requirements.

Setting up a USD/IXC exchange is fundamental to IXC moving forward. In saying that Cryptsy is currently working on accepting USD and once that happens they will likely make it convertible with most of the altcoins on the site.

I'm currently investigating the feasibility of establishing a legally compliant exchange in Australia.

Regards, Luke.

Just a reminder,  Vircurex (in Canada) and C-CEX (Somewhere in eastern europe) both accept exchange to fiat.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Dexter44

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 11:22:12 AM
Last edit: February 19, 2014, 11:37:27 AM by Dexter44

Vircurex? Fiat? I don't think so. C-Cex.com is in Ukraine, not among the most stable nations at the moment....

Maybe you meant the other Canadian exchange:

https://www.vaultofsatoshi.com/about
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 316 »
  Print  

Jump to: