Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:20:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ixcoin TODO  (Read 631710 times)
mobile

Activity: 400
Merit: 250

the sun is shining, but the ice is still slippery

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 12:32:14 AM

For what its worth: I submitted a feature request to cex.io requesting GHS/IXC feature, just as they did a while back with GHS/NMC.
Thanks for your interest. Even if I do not know about this feature. Does it tell you the global mining on IXC by Cex.io service?

Would you mind clarifying what a GHS/IXC feature is?  Thanks.

Selling cex.io/ghash.io GH/s (hashing speed) for IXC.

This....
I apologize for the delay. As stated above ^ , what I mean is the purchasing of cex.io's GHS with IxCoin. Assuming that the reader is not familiar with cex.io's "bitcoin cloud mining" service, Ill mention that recently  (within the past 2 months) they started merge mining NMC, IXC & DVC. Later they unveiled a new feature to the platform which allowed a user to purchase mining power (aka GHS) with NMC , as well as buy and sell NMC for BTC. This would be great if users of this service could have the option to purchase GHS with their merge mined IXC income instead of just withdrawing it and maybe dumping it. I reached out to cex.io and submitted a feature request. will report back with their correspondence. Hope that made sense.

1MoBi1eNbqh8QMuvtZjYzQGV8NEckJJYcT rep|GnuPG <3 CLAM <3
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 12:34:21 AM

Unlike your other videos, this link seems to be a broken page, it does not look like other pages and the image of the video is tiny and when clicked on it pops up an application selector wanting me to browse my disk looking for an application to try to view the thing with...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
CYPER

Activity: 812
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 12:37:29 AM

Unlike your other videos, this link seems to be a broken page, it does not look like other pages and the image of the video is tiny and when clicked on it pops up an application selector wanting me to browse my disk looking for an application to try to view the thing with...

-MarkM-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3wP5r3nRkY
mobile

Activity: 400

the sun is shining, but the ice is still slippery

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 12:44:06 AM

My last post is incomplete because after I posted it I recieved an email from cex.io support. For sake of context ill copy and post both my inquiry & their response.

mobile
Jan 01 18:16

Does cex.io plan on implementing the buying & selling GHS for Ixcoin (GHS/IXC) like you did with NMC? I should mention I believe it would be a good move, in your benifit if you did. What sort of action from myself or the community could contribute to implementing this feature. For example; if a petition was started asking for this feature would this speed things up? thanks in advance and have a great day.

Derrik G. (CEX.IO)
Jan 01 19:30

Hello,
We may in the near future if you do not see it in feature requests in our forums I would suggest creating a topic to bring it to the communities attention and if it receives enough votes we will plan it to be implemented in a future update.

Best Regards,
Derrik G.
CEX.IO Support

I will have to consider starting this thread but in the mean time here is a link to their support/feature request. https://support.cex.io/home

If your curious about cex.io, I hope its appropriate to leave a referral link https://cex.io/r/0/mobile314/0/ but let me mention that Im not trying to sell this service and only here because of IXC. It was cex.io merge mining IXC that actually exposed me further to IXC and got me to look more into it. Also I frequent their mining pool ghash.io because of the mere fact that they offer merge mining of IXC. Do trade with caution there because 1 GH/s of mining power there is a bit pricey and like any crypto market, it can fluctuate quite rapidly and I have yet to find any sort of market logic there. the price has risen and dropped a couple of decimal places with no logical reason.cheers...

1MoBi1eNbqh8QMuvtZjYzQGV8NEckJJYcT rep|GnuPG <3 CLAM <3
Dexter44

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 07:35:17 AM

-MarkM-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3wP5r3nRkY
Thankx Cyper. My bad. I gave the link for mobile devices.
Dexter44

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 06:31:32 PM

Dear IXCoiners,

There is an issue bothering me. Not only me, I guess. In a few words: what is going to happen at the end of the mining of Ixcoin? What risks is this coin going to face? What could this community do to ensure that:
- the network remanes secure
- the interest and value on this coin doesn't face brutal swings

Well, I have put together my idea to face that moment (1,5 years away) in my last toon video:

"In 2033 the very existence of Bitcoin is at risk. Watch how Mr. IXCoin manages to save the world."

http://youtu.be/4Y-bVUKsUvA

The goal is not to give you a solution. Instead, to open a discussion which will lead to a shared solution, or prevention, of the issue.

Thanks
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 06:49:29 PM

Remember that mining IXCoin costs almost nothing.

Most people who mine it just get it automatically because their pool includes it in its merge.

A lot of the point of IXCoin though was to see what happens when there is no subsidy.

Hopefully by then there will be lots of transactions and the coins will be worth a lot.

They will afterall be "rarer" then too, up until the last moment people will be getting IXCoins at full speed, then pow.

A big difference in the number of new IXCoins entering the market.

I0Coin is an interesting parallel experiment too, it already is down to only giving out three coins per block.

Turning them into forever-inflation coins seems kind of cheating, it is a breaking of the coin minting schedule covenant.

Maybe instead we should try to pay particular attention to recurring expenses, like use IXCoin for subscriptions and such.

Maybe coloured coins will generate a lot of transactions too.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 07:16:04 PM

Remember that mining IXCoin costs almost nothing.

Most people who mine it just get it automatically because their pool includes it in its merge.

A lot of the point of IXCoin though was to see what happens when there is no subsidy.

Hopefully by then there will be lots of transactions and the coins will be worth a lot.

They will afterall be "rarer" then too, up until the last moment people will be getting IXCoins at full speed, then pow.

A big difference in the number of new IXCoins entering the market.

I0Coin is an interesting parallel experiment too, it already is down to only giving out three coins per block.

Turning them into forever-inflation coins seems kind of cheating, it is a breaking of the coin minting schedule covenant.

Maybe instead we should try to pay particular attention to recurring expenses, like use IXCoin for subscriptions and such.

Maybe coloured coins will generate a lot of transactions too.

-MarkM-

The concern here is whether the pools will continue to support IXCoin or not.   The hash rate is extremely important in that it secures the network.  Now if the miners receive only transaction fees as compenation, then they may not support the coin when this happens.

One proposal is to have a 1% inflation rate added.  That is 210,000 coins are created for the entire year.  Enough coins hopefully to satisfy the pools.

Colored coins consume coins, but I am unsure if they will be enough to create the transaction volume by 2015.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 09:18:37 PM

But that turns the entire history of the coin into a lie.

You might just as well change bitcoin's minting rate to make it just keep on issuing 25 coins per block forever instead of continuing to halve its block subsidy.

It violates the most basic identity/nature of the coin, the covenant everyone agreed to that made the coin the particular coin that it is.

It seems a total violation of trust.

Everyone knew up front it was going to cold turkey at a certain block, that was much of the entire point of the coin, and if they didn't want that they presumably would not have bothered to hold or acquire any of the coins.

If you want a longer period of still generating some coins, maybe I0Coin is a better coin for you than IXCoin?

Or if you want a coin that keeps minting forever, maybe DeVCoin, GRouPcoin, CoiLedCoin or GeistGeld might better fit your needs/preferences?

-MarkM-

VERUMinNUMERIS

Activity: 409
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:23:18 PM

You might just as well change bitcoin's minting rate to make it just keep on issuing 25 coins per block forever instead of continuing to halve its block subsidy.

It violates the most basic identity/nature of the coin, the covenant everyone agreed to that made the coin the particular coin that it is.

Everyone knew up front it was going to cold turkey at a certain block, that was much of the entire point of the coin, and if they didn't want that they preumably would not have bothered to hold or acquire any of the coins.

-MarkM-

Thank you, Mark!

Every major ixCoin holder agrees with you, Mark.  I would never vote for - nor ever download any client which changes the minting rate or hard-cap.  We have 1.5 years left, that's a loooong time in this industry so lets not do anything stupid prematurely which will destroy our chances at being as close to Bitcoin as possible except we're maturing faster and we don't have the drug dealing, money laundering stigma associated with Bitcoin.

ixCoin is in a great spot and like vlad was saying, Wallstreet is coming in and when they do they'll notice it too and ixCoin should quickly become a huge favorite:  literally overnight.  So let's hang on tight and we'll revisit this issue in 6 months but I have a feeling we won't have to.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:35:49 PM

Will you two folks who appear so opinionated about iXcoin future, please at least donate some IXC to the development fund?

We are going to do some ad buys:

(1) Press Release - Tazman has written up the release, cost $90 to publish on major financial news wires.
(2) Google Adsense - Pay per click ... budget $100

So how about it?  Back up your talk with some currency please.

BTW, where is Vlad and that Thomas character?  Those two need to pony up some bounty.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Dexter44

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:49:14 PM

I am happy my video made this discussion alive.

I agree with Mark that changing the max quantity can look like cheating.

The only reason I pointed out the 1% inflation is this: it's better to have 1% less in my pocket but a coin up and running, then 1% more of an unstable coin.

Anyway, If you are convinced Ixcoin can make it without any "help", the marrier. It will be even a scarcer coin, now difficult to mine, impossible to mine in 1,5 y .

VERUMinNUMERIS

Activity: 409
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 10:09:45 PM

Will you two folks who appear so opinionated about iXcoin future, please at least donate some IXC to the development fund?

(1) Press Release - Tazman has written up the release, cost $90 to publish on major financial news wires.

BTW, where is Vlad and that Thomas character?  Those two need to pony up some bounty.

I do not have very many ixCoins, as I have stated before.

And I'm not sure why you keep putting vlad in the same boat as the thieving dev, Thomas.  Thomas stole over 500,000 ixCoins from all of us and lied about paying bounties.

Vlad spent hard earned cash (at a time when he wasn't even employed) to buy all of his ixCoins and for 6 months he was the lone voice keeping ixCoin alive and during some months he single handedly kept the IXC price up on both Crypto markets, as was evident by the pics he posted.

And not to mention he also gave away thousands of ixCoins to total strangers for free just to encourage them to buy and hold ixCoin and I personally saw him convince at least a couple dozen guys (myself included) on here and on Cryptsy to buy and hold ixCoin for the long term.

I appreciate your work as well - if we could have a couple more of you and one more of Vlad this coin would go to the moon - I just don't think it's right to put anyone on this thread in the same boat with the lying, thieving - Thomas wannabe Satoshi.

Finally, it has been posted numerous times on here by various posters (and vlad himself) that he is gone back home to Transylvania for the holidays.  Hopefully he'll be back soon.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 10:20:33 PM

Everyone knew up front it was going to cold turkey at a certain block, that was much of the entire point of the coin, and if they didn't want that they preumably would not have bothered to hold or acquire any of the coins.

-MarkM-

Thank you, Mark!

Every major ixCoin holder agrees with you, Mark.

You seem to know some major iXcoin holders... maybe you can persuade them to pay up some bounty for development.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 10:30:07 PM

Everyone knew up front it was going to cold turkey at a certain block, that was much of the entire point of the coin, and if they didn't want that they presumably would not have bothered to hold or acquire any of the coins.

If you want a longer period of still generating some coins, maybe I0Coin is a better coin for you than IXCoin?

Or if you want a coin that keeps minting forever, maybe DeVCoin, GRouPcoin, CoiLedCoin or GeistGeld might better fit your needs/preferences?

-MarkM-

You seem to think that there's this massive silent majority of owners who give a damn about this coin.   Well, where the hell are they?  I've been going almost solo re-developing this coin for over a month now.

Where are these long term holders that you speak of?

I have received donations from a total of 3 folks.   A grand total of 3.... does anyone give a damn enough to contribute?  Do they give a damn if this 'experiment' of Satoshi to go to zero miner subsidy after 21 million coins?

I'm calling B.S. about the concern about this hard limit .  This coin does not need to be a guinea pig for the BTC folks!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Dexter44

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 10:37:36 PM

Vlad2Vlad, this video made 2 days ago was intended to wake you up, not offend you, and have fun.

http://youtu.be/d3wP5r3nRkY

If you do not answer back, it means you liked it.  Grin Grin Grin  Grin  Grin Grin Grin
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 10:46:10 PM

Waiting for Vlad to rise from the dead.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Dexter44

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:37:07 PM

Waiting for Vlad to rise from the dead.

Vampires, actually

Look what I found  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-i1VWU52Q-cw/T4Rm3qTC6mI/AAAAAAAABq4/84uhfbJY5ts/s1600/birthplace+sign.jpg
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 01:19:50 AM
Last edit: January 03, 2014, 04:39:35 AM by FrictionlessCoin

Vlad2Vlad, this video made 2 days ago was intended to wake you up, not offend you, and have fun.

http://youtu.be/d3wP5r3nRkY

If you do not answer back, it means you liked it.  Grin Grin Grin  Grin  Grin Grin Grin

Finally saw your video,  funny!!!

I can't believe there's so much drama with this iXcoin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 01:20:09 AM

BTW, where is Vlad and that Thomas character?  Those two need to pony up some bounty.

I do not have very many ixCoins, as I have stated before.

And I'm not sure why you keep putting vlad in the same boat as the thieving dev, Thomas.  Thomas stole over 500,000 ixCoins from all of us and lied about paying bounties.

Vlad spent hard earned cash (at a time when he wasn't even employed) to buy all of his ixCoins and for 6 months he was the lone voice keeping ixCoin alive and during some months he single handedly kept the IXC price up on both Crypto markets, as was evident by the pics he posted.

And not to mention he also gave away thousands of ixCoins to total strangers for free just to encourage them to buy and hold ixCoin and I personally saw him convince at least a couple dozen guys (myself included) on here and on Cryptsy to buy and hold ixCoin for the long term.

I appreciate your work as well - if we could have a couple more of you and one more of Vlad this coin would go to the moon - I just don't think it's right to put anyone on this thread in the same boat with the lying, thieving - Thomas wannabe Satoshi.

Finally, it has been posted numerous times on here by various posters (and vlad himself) that he is gone back home to Transylvania for the holidays.  Hopefully he'll be back soon.

Now if only he was a little less insane... I hope he finds some help for his psychological issues and enough rest over the holidays because money isn't going to cure that. Happy New Year, friends of the undead crypto world!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 316 »
  Print  

Jump to: