Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:44:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 266 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread  (Read 808627 times)
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 09:11:33 AM

Where can I find the Sandstorm madness thread?

Actually there is none just a bunch of people going what is this I don't even in the official thread

And watching it for fun hehe can't blame the market it does what it does anyways it's pretty much a game of hot potato
Since the IPO is 3 hours old pretty much no one is awake yet but the Aussies so it will be a fun day to play with a fire
Or someone reads the forum I left a nice warning post for those that get that far as a reward

https://www.havelockinvestments.com/order.php?symbol=SDSTM

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SOSLOVE868

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 09:41:01 AM

Anyone looking for a bargain head down to Havelock Investments: AM100 shares available at ฿0.0395   right now

The mad stupidity in Sandstorm forced me to liquidate just a smidgen to play with it for my personal amusement haha
Facepalms all around
Why such a big difference ??
San1ty

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 09:43:42 AM

Anyone looking for a bargain head down to Havelock Investments: AM100 shares available at ฿0.0395   right now

The mad stupidity in Sandstorm forced me to liquidate just a smidgen to play with it for my personal amusement haha
Facepalms all around

With those AM100 shares you only get 95% dividend, so I guess the share price is also only 95% of a full share.

Found my posts helpful? Consider buying me a beer :-)!:
BTC - 1San1tyUGhfWRNPYBF4b6Vaurq5SjFYWk NXT - 17063113680221230777
Fabrizio89

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 09:46:11 AM

With those AM100 shares you only get 95% dividend, so I guess the share price is also only 95% of a full share.

TAT is now a board member and we could receive extra dividends because of that.
freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 09:48:55 AM

Facepalms all around

Well the 5% from dividends is tiny compared to the arbitrage sometimes
If the dividend is
The difference in the share price should be 0.0015 a share
So it makes more sense to just buy the PT at a lot less than the main unless you want to play with the main or are holding long / converting to direct
Also when the board seat benefits do kick in the extra dividends will be added value
This is not in play yet though so just the arbitrage difference makes it a smarter move to buy the PT most times but the Full do have a premium because of the differences above

And SOS
Either the API bots are being retarded or people are not doing their research as I write this it has made a
1600% return in 4 hours mumble but the IPO sold out in 5 seconds to 6 orders apparently so I feel pissed at napping Tongue
Even the issuer is surprised keeps watching as the rest of the market wakes up with a Cheshire Cat smile

SOSLOVE868

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 10:18:08 AM

Facepalms all around

If the dividend is
So it makes more sense to just buy the PT at a lot less than the main unless you want to play with the main or are holding long / converting to direct
Also when the board seat benefits do kick in the extra dividends will be added value
This is not in play yet though so just the arbitrage difference makes it a smarter move to buy the PT most times but the Full do have a premium because of the differences above

And SOS
Either the API bots are being retarded or people are not doing their research as I write this it has made a
1600% return in 4 hours mumble but the IPO sold out in 5 seconds to 6 orders apparently so I feel pissed at napping Tongue
Even the issuer is surprised keeps watching as the rest of the market wakes up with a Cheshire Cat smile
I just went to havelockinvestment, I found the price is 0.412 right now...So the issuer might just want to catch people's attention in order to increase its users base....
freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 10:34:20 AM

Facepalms all around

If the dividend is

And SOS
I just went to havelockinvestment, I found the price is 0.412 right now...So the issuer might just want to catch people's attention in order to increase its users base....

Havelock has a pretty big user-base while its not mentioned as much as btct or bitfunder I find it a solid alternative the process by which they choose which assets to issue is pretty tough too so you see less AMC type issuing scenarios that said Sandstorm was an interesting choice on their part but LB gave them a chance so I will withhold my judgement Smiley

That said TAT is the same on all three exchanges so anything ASIC related between the three you get the same dividend so just get them where its best priced always ^^

SOSLOVE868

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:30:33 PM

Facepalms all around

If the dividend is

And SOS

Havelock has a pretty big user-base while its not mentioned as much as btct or bitfunder I find it a solid alternative the process by which they choose which assets to issue is pretty tough too so you see less AMC type issuing scenarios that said Sandstorm was an interesting choice on their part but LB gave them a chance so I will withhold my judgement Smiley

That said TAT is the same on all three exchanges so anything ASIC related between the three you get the same dividend so just get them where its best priced always ^^
It is true ,but never use havelockinvestment before...I rather prefer stay with BTCT or Bitfunder, at least I familiar with those two's interfaces.
chanson

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 06:20:56 PM

so, the new blades are pre-selling in China, sold several hundred, already.  Hopefully, FC will get these for sale this week so we can get these sales on the dividend!

for anyone keeping count:
217 minis @ 9.88 btc = 2144 btc
110 blades @ 18.88 btc = 2077 btc

total - 4221 btc = .0105 per share

I guess it'll work as an upper bound (the sales dividend could not be greater than that), but we don't know the cost to produce the devices.
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 06:25:18 PM

so, the new blades are pre-selling in China, sold several hundred, already.  Hopefully, FC will get these for sale this week so we can get these sales on the dividend!

I guess it'll work as an upper bound (the sales dividend could not be greater than that), but we don't know the cost to produce the devices.

I think the cost was taken on amounts that were provisioned previously. Hopefully!

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
velacreations (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 07:31:15 PM

The way I look at it, it shows that there is a real demand for something that is not even for sale, yet. This was for basically one distributor in one country. I think that bodes well for shareholders.  As soon as these things go up for sale, we will be looking at a major dividend boost.

freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 07:34:40 PM

If the dividend is

And SOS

It is true ,but never use havelockinvestment before...I rather prefer stay with BTCT or Bitfunder, at least I familiar with those two's interfaces.

Havelocks pretty user friendly actually buy/sell enter amount of shares done but it makes sense to trade with what your familiar with maybe make a small position and test another interface etc but any exchange that has the volume and liquidity works

binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 07:53:26 PM

The way I look at it, it shows that there is a real demand for something that is not even for sale, yet. This was for basically one distributor in one country. I think that bodes well for shareholders.  As soon as these things go up for sale, we will be looking at a major dividend boost.

Yeah, very very roughly there is a factor of, say, at least 5 or 10 between demand from China and what we can expect in the entire world alltogether. Obviously assuming sales are open very soon so pricing will be similar. I hope the volumes will be large enough to fulfill this... Good time for shareholders soon!

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
AMuppInTime
Donator

Activity: 290

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 11:40:00 PM

Yeah, very very roughly there is a factor of, say, at least 5 or 10 between demand from China and what we can expect in the entire world alltogether. Obviously assuming sales are open very soon so pricing will be similar. I hope the volumes will be large enough to fulfill this... Good time for shareholders soon!
I'm on board with that ratio, although more towards the upper end. Note that the sale will lead to a fraction of the profits that previously generated due to the price cut. On the other hand for this week, we're currently clearly outpacing last week's mining. I wonder how the USBs are doing.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 11:46:06 PM

I'm on board with that ratio, although more towards the upper end. Note that the sale will lead to a fraction of the profits that previously generated due to the price cut. On the other hand for this week, we're currently clearly outpacing last week's mining. I wonder how the USBs are doing.

The 61 running here are doing quite nicely.  Thanks for asking!

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
velacreations (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 12:19:04 AM

I go by the price, not number of units sold, so the profit margin should be about the same.

Greydon Isis

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 12:43:26 AM

we have friedcat building here I predict we could see another 500%+ bump by Wednesday~~~
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 12:46:06 AM

we have friedcat building here I predict we could see another 500%+ bump by Wednesday~~~

Only if he opens the Blade flood gates...

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Greydon Isis

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 12:51:34 AM

" Only if he opens the Blade flood gates... "

how did you know ~~~ friedcat may the Force be with you !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FihXwzw-saY
TsuyokuNaritai

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 01:18:58 AM

Some speculation on reddit right now...

well, they have at least another 100 TH/s in production right now, new blades and mini blades about to be for sale. The Chinese are pre-selling hardware, and have already sold enough to increase dividends by about .011 per share in the last 2 days.

the news about 2 weeks ago was that they planned to produce 1,000 TH/s by the end of the year.

the strategy to date has been to let the competition think they might be able to catch up, and then AM drops a major bombshell on everything, and the competition stumbles. I don't know if that is the current/future strategy, but I can't imagine they don't know about what the competition s hoping to do, since it's plastered all around the web.

If you look at what the board members are doing (they have the inside scoop, I assume), they are buying shares on the dips, sometimes cashing in a bit of holdings, but none have given up their board seats.

I think if the last 3 months have taught us anything, it's that it is foolish to underestimate Friedcat & Co.
Chances are they have been severely holding back production to pay for production of gen 2 chips to have them in stock for when knc or bitfury manages to clear their backlog of preorders. Friedcat is too smart to play his biggest card with no competition ready to ship. The undercutting isn't going to be pretty for his competitors when he's had nearly a year to refine a product.
The competition is mostly making money from pre-orders and when they have delivered everything, if they do, it will be difficult for them to compete. The production and labor costs are so much lower in China that even with inferior chips, i.e. more power hungry, they can sell more cost effective machines. I believe bfl already made the calculations and know they can't compete once everything is shipped and therefore dumped out their chips.

http://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinStocks/comments/1i5vvo/asicminer_midterm_future_outlook/

Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 266 »
  Print  

Jump to: