Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:02:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 266 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread  (Read 808627 times)
Eric Muyser

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

You can't kill math.

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 11:44:43 PM

again with the market manipulation and scare tactics?  guys, just relax, and stop filling buy orders.

Or, sell your shares and write me puts. Premium is 0.32, Strike 3.5, exp ~90 days. That's a better return than you'd get from dividends and unless the share price goes below 3.5 BTC, you're safe. Even if it goes to zero you'll lose less than you would have by holding shares.

Plus, a share of AM for 3.5 BTC is cheap, right?  Smiley

PM me if you want to write puts.

NB: For the last 68 pages of this thread nobody ever said "guys, just relax and stop overhyping the stock"

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=235763.msg2643382#msg2643382

It was at 5 and I was saying to stop and cool down a while.

I'll say it in your words now though. Guys, just relax and stop overhyping the stock. It's at a good spot right now and not undervalued and shouldn't be hyped. Chill and wait for Friedcat and/or blade sales.

@EricMuyser | EricMuyser.com | OTC - "Defeat is a state of mind; no one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality" - Bruce Lee

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vycid

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 11:51:59 PM

again with the market manipulation and scare tactics?  guys, just relax, and stop filling buy orders.

Or, sell your shares and write me puts. Premium is 0.32, Strike 3.5, exp ~90 days. That's a better return than you'd get from dividends and unless the share price goes below 3.5 BTC, you're safe. Even if it goes to zero you'll lose less than you would have by holding shares.

Plus, a share of AM for 3.5 BTC is cheap, right?  Smiley

PM me if you want to write puts.

NB: For the last 68 pages of this thread nobody ever said "guys, just relax and stop overhyping the stock"

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=235763.msg2643382#msg2643382

It was at 5 and I was saying to stop and cool down a while.

I'll say it in your words now though. Guys, just relax and stop overhyping the stock. It's at a good spot right now and not undervalued and shouldn't be hyped. Chill and wait for Friedcat and/or blade sales.

It is true that your bullish sentiment has been a lot more moderated than other people here.

The question, as ever, is how fundamentals are going to translate to share price - especially considering that information about the fundamentals is scarce at best.

1 BTC of share price wobble should not constitute "panic" for anyone that didn't buy at 5 BTC, if a 40000% runup isn't automatically a "bubble". Realistically, if the ~4.5BTC level is an adjustment and not a dead friedcat bounce (Cheesy), that is a good sign for AM, since it's a termination of the parabolic trajectory that doesn't involve everyone losing their ass.

In other words: you need people selling right now, or the next time there's a shake-up, there are going to be so many weak hands still holding that the share price will end up in the toilet.

Meanwhile, my outlook for 90d puts is unaffected. If the Avalon chips ship on schedule and KNC delivers, things are going to get interesting (~+500TH and cheap alternative hardware). If they don't, my losses are modest.

velacreations (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 12:10:58 AM

I'm talking about what is happening on BTCT, which is what happened last night.  It is not the "market" reacting, it is someone diligently going through buy orders all the way to the bottom.  and then they wait for newbs to freak out and they buy back cheap shares.

That kind of market manipulation is unhealthy, and I'm saying, folks, stop with it.  Don't fall into the trap and fill sell orders.  If you want to sell, set a price and leave it. Don't go chasing the manipulators' tail, cause you are gonna get fleeced.

This has nothing to do with fundamentals (strong, btw, look at the average APRs), and everything to do with scare tactics and market manipulations.

You know how to fleece the manipulators?  Don't sell.  That's how they lose.

And that's not hype, it's the truth, folks.

Vycid

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 12:15:05 AM

I'm talking about what is happening on BTCT, which is what happened last night.  It is not the "market" reacting, it is someone diligently going through buy orders all the way to the bottom.  and then they wait for newbs to freak out and they buy back cheap shares.

That kind of market manipulation is unhealthy, and I'm saying, folks, stop with it.  Don't fall into the trap and fill sell orders.  If you want to sell, set a price and leave it. Don't go chasing the manipulators' tail, cause you are gonna get fleeced.

This has nothing to do with fundamentals (strong, btw, look at the average APRs), and everything to do with scare tactics and market manipulations.

You know how to fleece the manipulators?  Don't sell.  That's how they lose.

Do you have proof for this, or just "it went down, and that can't happen unless someone is manipulating!"

It's like anti-FUD  Cheesy

The "average APR" argument is BS since there's absolutely no guarantee of current return holding for more than a month or two. The downside risk is enormous.

Eric Muyser

You can't kill math.

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 12:45:52 AM

I'm talking about what is happening on BTCT, which is what happened last night.  It is not the "market" reacting, it is someone diligently going through buy orders all the way to the bottom.  and then they wait for newbs to freak out and they buy back cheap shares.

That kind of market manipulation is unhealthy, and I'm saying, folks, stop with it.  Don't fall into the trap and fill sell orders.  If you want to sell, set a price and leave it. Don't go chasing the manipulators' tail, cause you are gonna get fleeced.

Do you have proof for this, or just "it went down, and that can't happen unless someone is manipulating!"

The "average APR" argument is BS since there's absolutely no guarantee of current return holding for more than a month or two. The downside risk is enormous.

In this instance I agree with velacreations. I've noticed manipulation since 3.4 but didn't say anything due to lack of proof. Just looking at the graph and watching it get weird at 3.4. All of a sudden it was being bought up and followed up very thinly, but not even just thin on the way down, they were trying to hold the spread low to induce more buys, and it was thin on the way up but somehow linear like it was being held. Then on the crash it was right back down to basically where it started. Whether was manipulation or not, it's never been so bad. I dunno, not trying to FUD, just saying I noticed something fishy too. Still bullish on AM and still think it's worth the price, or will be again, when we see blade sales and no competition yet in a couple weeks.

@EricMuyser | EricMuyser.com | OTC - "Defeat is a state of mind; no one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality" - Bruce Lee
Vycid

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 12:49:51 AM

It's like anti-FUD  Cheesy

In this instance I agree with velacreations. I've noticed manipulation since 3.4 but didn't say anything due to lack of proof. Just looking at the graph and watching it get weird at 3.4. All of a sudden it was being bought up and followed up very thinly, but not even just thin on the way down, they were trying to hold the spread low to induce more buys, and it was thin on the way up but somehow linear like it was being held. Then on the crash it was right back down to basically where it started. Whether was manipulation or not, it's never been so bad. I dunno, not trying to FUD, just saying I noticed something fishy too. Still bullish on AM and still think it's worth the price, or will be again, when we see blade sales and no competition yet in a couple weeks.

Do you have charts where I can see stuff like volume and depth of book over time? All I've got is the crappy graphs on BTCT.

Keep in mind that 1000 shares were just auctioned off at 4.5 BTC. That alone will cause weirdness.

Eric Muyser

You can't kill math.

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 01:06:53 AM

It's like anti-FUD  Cheesy

Do you have charts where I can see stuff like volume and depth of book over time? All I've got is the crappy graphs on BTCT.

Keep in mind that 1000 shares were just auctioned off at 4.5 BTC. That alone will cause weirdness.

http://www.coinflow.co/chart/ASICMINER-PT

Vycid

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 02:39:03 AM

I won't give you proof but I know who did it.

I already even explained why they did it.

Yes it was manipulation, but if it was not a bit too high it could not have worked.

Any fair play in this market, if you have balls and a large hand, why not.  People should be holding for the long term anyway.

OK, I believe it. Must be a significant player - but I guess there are more people with lots of AM shares around than people with lots of BTC.

velacreations (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 03:01:52 AM

All I am saying is that newbies/others should not play into it.  You want to stop market manipulation like that?  don't sell.  Don't drop your sell orders and don't follow the manipulator.

you can watch the order books and see it happening, all the buy orders getting filled like that.

And hey, yes, its a free market, and people are going to try it, fine. But, the market should react appropriately and just let them lose their ass on a move like that.  You loose a few hundred btc pulling those manipulations, and you stop doing them.

Do not drop your sell orders, and hold your shares.  

As far as who did it, I don't know, nor do I care. I have my suspicions, but in the end, it doesn't matter.  I just don't want to see a bunch of people get fleeced because of this sort of thing.  It is not good for the shareholders.

repeat after me: "I will not drop my sell orders"

AMuppInTime
Donator

Activity: 290

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 09:34:38 AM

What would be "reasonable" call / put numbers to issue vs. to sell?

7 days:
Call: strike (?) , premium (?)
Put: strike (?) , premium (?)
45 days:
90 days:

Any call/put option on a 90 day timeline is going to be a risk - particularly with the type of market manipulation we've seen, unless way out of the ballpark. I guess that's where valuation comes in

bobboooiie

Activity: 656
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 03:01:42 PM

I saw some fake walls today, now we are talking manipulation ! Smiley
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 03:05:32 PM

Another AM price dip isn't unlikely. BTC/USD is falling apart, and some will want to exit to fiat.
aahzmundus

Activity: 644

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 03:10:34 PM

Another AM price dip isn't unlikely. BTC/USD is falling apart, and some will want to exit to fiat.

Watching 50% of my investments value disappear in a week is hard, I like the quick hard crashes... the ones that punch you in the gut and just get it over with.  This dragging me behind a slow moving truck is annoying.

SOSLOVE868

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 03:13:48 PM

Watching 50% of my investments value disappear in a week is hard, I like the quick hard crashes... the ones that punch you in the gut and just get it over with.  This dragging me behind a slow moving truck is annoying.
No worry...Price will be backing soon , BTC today is far better(More people are within it)  than backed to April 2013...
Birdy

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 03:14:01 PM

Yes, I've also sold most of my shares, although I don't want to exit to fiat.
Bought at ~2.5 sold ~4.3, still solid profit.

It's enough when Btc is crashing, don't want an AM crash adding to that :/
Streets 2.0

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 03:16:31 PM

Same, weighted avg on btct was 1.9 - sold at 4.3, waiting to hop back in at ~4

ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 03:19:33 PM

Same, weighted avg on btct was 1.9 - sold at 4.3, waiting to hop back in at ~4

It's so funny to me when people post their specific selling and buying plans, and when they point out arbortunities.
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 03:21:00 PM

to create confusion of course
TsuyokuNaritai

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 03:37:40 PM

The hashrate's been lowish for a few days now. I wonder what Friedcat's up to.

velacreations (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 03:45:06 PM

I saw some fake walls today, now we are talking manipulation ! Smiley

big ones, too.  These manipulators want AM around 4.  Notice when those sell walls disappeared, they started filling buy orders to fake panic.

The hashrate's been lowish for a few days now. I wonder what Friedcat's up to.
Maybe testing new blades.

We probably won't get an updated until after next week's dividend, at which time, he'll probably announce the new blades for sale.

Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 266 »
  Print  

Jump to: