Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:13:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 [231] 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243130 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Fishnandy

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:13:39 AM

Hi I seem to be getting the same error as Yey09, tried to set up cpid but can’t associate it as I have no coins in my wallet is there any way around this?
Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
znffal

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:19:49 AM

Updated to New wallet but now it ont mine. error  "poolinfo1": "Failed to sign CPID signature (Address does not refer to key)?; Failed to sign CPID signature (Address does not refer to key)?; Failed to sign CPID signature (Address does not refer to key)?; Failed to sign CPID signature (Address does not refer to key)?; ",
  "poolinfo2": "RM_03-07-2018 22:58:22; RMC_03-07-2018 22:58:23; RMC_03-07-2018 22:58:22; RMC_03-07-2018 22:58:22; ",

Please try 'exec associate user pass', see if giving yourself a CPID works.  You should have a cpid in 'exec getboincinfo'.

Where would I put this command? Im on Windows OS.

In the debug console. Tools menu at the top... I assume, I'm on Linux
znffal

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:20:40 AM

Hi I seem to be getting the same error as Yey09, tried to set up cpid but can’t associate it as I have no coins in my wallet is there any way around this?
Thanks
No, you need to do a burn transaction so you need a few coins. Then you need some coins for stake weight.
Lichtsucher

Activity: 219
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:20:19 AM

Some small questions:

1. Is the stake weight important for the now smaller POW mining, too? Or is it for PoDC only?
2. Can I use one rosetta CPID  for multiple wallets? I have multiple of them out there. I could use one wallet, but it works fine this way Wink I know that I only need one controller wallet, but I want to play around with full POW mining on some servers aside from the controller wallet, and don't want my wallet.dat of that controller wallet on my servers.

Purepool Biblepay Pool (https://www.purepool.org)
Mining How-To (https://www.biblepay-central.org/en/mining-how-to/)
daemonko

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:25:10 AM

why all miners stop working after few minutes (cpu usage goes to 0-1 %) ? tried to delete all data in .biblepaycore, tried minersleep=0, tried compile latest source code (this morning), it is NOT working.

why there are only few miners in the leaderboard? what is going on ?
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:41:37 AM

Some small questions:

1. Is the stake weight important for the now smaller POW mining, too? Or is it for PoDC only?
2. Can I use one rosetta CPID  for multiple wallets? I have multiple of them out there. I could use one wallet, but it works fine this way Wink I know that I only need one controller wallet, but I want to play around with full POW mining on some servers aside from the controller wallet, and don't want my wallet.dat of that controller wallet on my servers.

1. As I understand it, the stake weight is only important for PoDC (but you can only mine blocks if your wallet is associated with a CPID).
1. I think you can not use one rosetta CPID for multiple wallets (apart from when they share the same wallet.dat I guess).

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:57:43 AM

stakeweight=podc
multiwallet is stopped here Tongue

MIP

Activity: 362

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:05:01 AM

why all miners stop working after few minutes (cpu usage goes to 0-1 %) ? tried to delete all data in .biblepaycore, tried minersleep=0, tried compile latest source code (this morning), it is NOT working.

why there are only few miners in the leaderboard? what is going on ?

Please read about new mining system:

http://wiki.biblepay.org/Distributed_Computing
http://wiki.biblepay.org/Distributed_Computing_2
http://wiki.biblepay.org/Distributed_Computing_Start_Guide

In sum, no more pure heat-based PoW, no need for pool any more.
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:01:03 AM

TOP4 now

https://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/top_teams.php

dave_bbp

Activity: 405

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:12:12 AM

Great news, block 33460 & 33461 were both signed by CPIDS!

CPID 7c9264559fef3c1c689ee9fc3ff42494 was awarded for our first PODC - CPID heat payment: 555 BBP!  Congrats!

Wow that's my CPID, so thanks (I guess?)! To be honest, I have no idea what's going on right now with the technicals in the PODC payout, but I guess I managed to configure it correctly. Cheesy
I just checked my wallet and it shows 3 (unconfirmed) payments for approx. 555 BBP each. Is it supposed to be that way, or is this still some effect of the forked chains? My "exec getboincinfo" now shows the correct CPID etc., but "total payments" and "magnitude" still sits on 0. :/
(I double checked to be on the "correct" chain with the block hash of 33450.)
showblock 33460 to see the blocks CPID info.
Sorry, what do you mean by that? Where do I find any information about the CPID payment in this block info? This just seems like a general description of the technicals and contents of the block.

I realized some minor points of improvement in the whole process. First of all while performing the burn tx for the CPID association my wallet (seemingly) picked some random receive address for this. Would it be possible to specify the address associating (or tell it to create a new one for this purpose?). Or would this address matter at all?
Secondly the new wallet upon startup asks for the wallet-pw to unlock. I still haven't quite understood what this is needed for (I guess it's for the auto-payments sent to interact with PODC?), but this doesn't work for me. There is no message whether you put in the correct pw or not, and even if I DO use the correct pw, it doesn't unlock. When I choose settings->unlock wallet it works perfectly.

Thanks for all your efforts over the last few days and for managing the transition to PODC to go quite smoothly. Awesome work by all of you. Smiley

P.S.: last question: From my understanding the controller wallet is required to stake BBP AND mine (on 1 thread minimum). Where can I check, if the system recognizes my controller wallet to perform that way and how many BBP are staked at the moment?
capulo

Activity: 491

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:17:48 AM

how often rosetta will pay? will be paid globaly does not matter on who find the block? pool/solo or botnet?
jaapgvk

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:21:29 AM

how often rosetta will pay? will be paid globaly does not matter on who find the block? pool/solo or botnet?

I think it's going to be payed once every 24 hours with a superblock. These are processed by the sanctuaries (right?).

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
jaapgvk

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:30:35 AM

Great news, block 33460 & 33461 were both signed by CPIDS!

CPID 7c9264559fef3c1c689ee9fc3ff42494 was awarded for our first PODC - CPID heat payment: 555 BBP!  Congrats!

Wow that's my CPID, so thanks (I guess?)! To be honest, I have no idea what's going on right now with the technicals in the PODC payout, but I guess I managed to configure it correctly. Cheesy
I just checked my wallet and it shows 3 (unconfirmed) payments for approx. 555 BBP each. Is it supposed to be that way, or is this still some effect of the forked chains? My "exec getboincinfo" now shows the correct CPID etc., but "total payments" and "magnitude" still sits on 0. :/
(I double checked to be on the "correct" chain with the block hash of 33450.)
showblock 33460 to see the blocks CPID info.
Sorry, what do you mean by that? Where do I find any information about the CPID payment in this block info? This just seems like a general description of the technicals and contents of the block.

I realized some minor points of improvement in the whole process. First of all while performing the burn tx for the CPID association my wallet (seemingly) picked some random receive address for this. Would it be possible to specify the address associating (or tell it to create a new one for this purpose?). Or would this address matter at all?
Secondly the new wallet upon startup asks for the wallet-pw to unlock. I still haven't quite understood what this is needed for (I guess it's for the auto-payments sent to interact with PODC?), but this doesn't work for me. There is no message whether you put in the correct pw or not, and even if I DO use the correct pw, it doesn't unlock. When I choose settings->unlock wallet it works perfectly.

Thanks for all your efforts over the last few days and for managing the transition to PODC to go quite smoothly. Awesome work by all of you. Smiley

P.S.: last question: From my understanding the controller wallet is required to stake BBP AND mine (on 1 thread minimum). Where can I check, if the system recognizes my controller wallet to perform that way and how many BBP are staked at the moment?

I can some of your questions.
-Mined blocks need 102 confirmations before they are available to spend.
-These mined blocks are separate from your getboincinfo information. That only concerns cancer-research payouts, and not POW payouts.
-The need for wallet-pw to unlock is because the wallet needs to be able to send PODC updates, it will use the password to be able to send those.
-You can check the amount of BBP that is staked with the command 'exec stakebalance'. By default 10% of your BBP is staked every 12 hours. If you want to change that percentage, you can add this line to your biblepay.conf: 'polpercentage=NUMBER', where NUMBER stands for the percentage that you want to stake (e.g. 'polpercentage=40'). Please stick with a maximum of 90 for the moment, while we do some more testing.

I like your suggestions about being able to select the BBP address to associate your CPID with.
And it would indeed be handy to see if your password was correct, but I don't know if that is technically possible, because of the way the password is stored, but I guess Rob needs to answer that question.

I can't comment on the rest, but I'm sure others can Smiley

capulo

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:41:51 AM

my associated wallet needs to be up and running/mining?

and i have debug log full of 'misbehaving' lines, what is this?
jaapgvk

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:27:10 AM

Yet, it needs to be up and mining Smiley

Don't know the answer to your other question, sorry.

dave_bbp

Activity: 405

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:47:23 AM

-These mined blocks are separate from your getboincinfo information. That only concerns cancer-research payouts, and not POW payouts.
-The need for wallet-pw to unlock is because the wallet needs to be able to send PODC updates, it will use the password to be able to send those.
-You can check the amount of BBP that is staked with the command 'exec stakebalance'. By default 10% of your BBP is staked every 12 hours. If you want to change that percentage, you can add this line to your biblepay.conf: 'polpercentage=NUMBER', where NUMBER stands for the percentage that you want to stake (e.g. 'polpercentage=40'). Please stick with a maximum of 90 for the moment, while we do some more testing.

I like your suggestions about being able to select the BBP address to associate your CPID with.
And it would indeed be handy to see if your password was correct, but I don't know if that is technically possible, because of the way the password is stored, but I guess Rob needs to answer that question.

Thanks for your answers so far. So I understand I mixed up "mined blocks with a CPID" with "CPID cancer research payout". Apparently what I received are payouts for blocks by (what was formerly known as) "solo mining", but with an associated CPID? So it was just a big coincidence that my controller wallet "found" 3 of those blocks? How is this calculated probability-wise? Normally I wouldn't find a single block in weeks or months going solo, so are CPID-associated wallets preferred in finding blocks?

Regarding the cancer research payout (which is dependant on my RAC): so this will (for the first time) occur on block 33620, and only THEN will I receive the payment on the associated BBP address, right?

Sorry for asking this many questions, but as a scientist myself I like to get a certain understanding of the things I'm involved in. Smiley
Sakic

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:51:58 AM

Hi,
I have
One machine with main BBP wallet associated to Rosetta and have CPID. I am mining on that machine ok (PoW).
Second machine is minig PoDC.
Third machine I'd like to mine PoW, but I get: Failed to sign CPID signature (Address does not refer to key)?

my question is if I should associate the third machine to Rosetta too? Can I have 2 machines assocoiated with 2 CPIDS in Rosseta?
Thanks.

capulo

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:12:36 PM

thats weird, and if wallet will be stopped, what happens? rosetta is calculating even without wallet...
i will not get paid? or get paid only some portion how long wallet was up or what? Smiley
what are podc updates which wallet is sending?
jaapgvk

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:14:44 PM

Thanks for your answers so far. So I understand I mixed up "mined blocks with a CPID" with "CPID cancer research payout". Apparently what I received are payouts for blocks by (what was formerly known as) "solo mining", but with an associated CPID? So it was just a big coincidence that my controller wallet "found" 3 of those blocks? How is this calculated probability-wise? Normally I wouldn't find a single block in weeks or months going solo, so are CPID-associated wallets preferred in finding blocks?

Regarding the cancer research payout (which is dependant on my RAC): so this will (for the first time) occur on block 33620, and only THEN will I receive the payment on the associated BBP address, right?

Sorry for asking this many questions, but as a scientist myself I like to get a certain understanding of the things I'm involved in. Smiley

You get the hang of things Smiley

The thing is - if I understood correctly - that from block 33440 onward (when we stepped over to PoDC mining), only wallets with an attached CPID can mine blocks. So, since there are not many wallets yet that have this association, there is a much bigger chance on mining a block now if you do have a CPID connected to your wallet.

So not only are CPID-associated wallets preferred, they are mandatory to be able to mine a block.

Anyone that is mining without a CPID is mining into the void, so to speak.

jaapgvk

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:18:49 PM

thats weird, and if wallet will be stopped, what happens? rosetta is calculating even without wallet...
i will not get paid? or get paid only some portion how long wallet was up or what? Smiley
what are podc updates which wallet is sending?

Yes, Rosetta keeps on mining, and your RAC will always depend on that (and not on anything Biblepay related).

But the Biblepay-network needs to also know your RAC, because otherwise, the network doesn't know what to pay to whom. So the wallet needs to be online (and mining, as I understood it), to be able to send out PODC updates. These updates tell the network how much BBP you have staked, and how much work you have done.

For more information, see these wiki pages:
http://wiki.biblepay.org/Distributed_Computing
http://wiki.biblepay.org/Distributed_Computing_2

Pages: « 1 ... 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 [231] 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: